Thread: What kind of unit sizes are most easy to rent out?

Default What kind of unit sizes are most easy to rent out?

1, 2 or 3 bedders? Which ones are typically more easy to rent out?

My investment units are 2 bedders with average floor area of 1000sqft. Have no problem renting them out even during crisis and without much drop in rent.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    My investment units are 2 bedders with average floor area of 1000sqft. Have no problem renting them out even during crisis and without much drop in rent.
    08 crisis is hardly a blip.
    During 02-04 crisis every size also suffer rental drop.

Mine are 1 bedrooms, for higher yield, quite easy to rent out.

But, unit size not the only determinants of rent-ability. mrt, amenities are crucial.

For rental, 2 bedrooms (mid floor between 8th to 12th floor depending on the project). For capital gains, go for larger units. Just my

2 bedders appeal to a wider group

Other than generic factors like num of bedders n gd location, market research also damn important based on the location u r targeting. Gib case study.
    Alexis 1RM can rent super insane at 3k/p.m due to surrounding older condo, larger n no 1rm. So if tenants there single need to rent that area have no choice to accept a new condo and smaller at 3k because the next better option they have is probably queens condo, anchorage 2rm which is more 4.5k +/- per month.
    So location muz recce, see tenant profile, study surrounding condo for competitive advantage, understand your competitor's condo floorplan. Once you have better understanding that u can uncover gems.. no one size fits all w.r.t your question

Depends on location. Even gone thru the 1997 with little drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by august
    08 crisis is hardly a blip.
    During 02-04 crisis every size also suffer rental drop.

look at a few new launches which unit type sold out first...thats ur answer...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Just rent out my newly TOP CCR 2 bedder condo, ~1k sft 2 mths after TOP

Studio/1 bedder easiest to rent out follow by 2 bedders. This is based on ease of renting out which doesn't always translate to which type is a better investment (give you the best ROI).

People vested in 2bdrm, will say 2 bdrm easiest to rent out. People vested in 1 bedrm will say 1bedrm easiest to rent out. All BS lah. Every configuration has its pool of market.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    People vested in 2bdrm, will say 2 bdrm easiest to rent out. People vested in 1 bedrm will say 1bedrm easiest to rent out. All BS lah. Every configuration has its pool of market.
    Exactly. Asking rental $1 also very easy to rent out regardless of unit sizes

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Just rent out my newly TOP CCR 2 bedder condo, ~1k sft 2 mths after TOP
    Bro,for sharing may i know how big is your unit and how much is the rental?

rental yield for 2bedder is better than my 3 bedder based on current rental and valuation.

Buy the layout with less number of units in the whole project. In the future, either for rental or for sale you have less competition.

When it's the tenants' market, you have a one-bedroom unit and tenants will say they want an extra room in case family/friends come and visit. If you have a two or three-bedroom, they will say they don't need the extra space and a big place is difficult to maintain.

Layout is just a common excuse for tenants to reject you or to bargain with you on the rental rate.

Quote Originally Posted by vip
    Buy the layout with less number of units in the whole project. In the future, either for rental or for sale you have less competition.

When it's the tenants' market, you have a one-bedroom unit and tenants will say they want an extra room in case family/friends come and visit. If you have a two or three-bedroom, they will say they don't need the extra space and a big place is difficult to maintain.

Layout is just a common excuse for tenants to reject you or to bargain with you on the rental rate.
    like that, it will be those 4br or penthouse ..

i think your tip is good, mrs vip!
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Unit size is only 1 part. Location and convenience is important especially in a down turn.

Assuming there are 800 tenants and there are 1000 units allowable for lease island wide...

The most convenient units will be leased out first, assuming the landlord is willing to lower his price to match the depressed market. Those ulu places, regardless size may not find a tenant....

Go for CCR or RCR near mrt, amenities.....