Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: RiverGate (D9, Freehold, Capitaland)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Probably you are used to it. People can slowly get used to things around them, just like the rubbish dump workers won't feel the stench in the rubbish dump and don't need to cover their nose. (Sorry for being frank).

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
    I don't on the aircon most of the time and I'm back by 6pm. I love to open the windows to enjoy the breeze once i'm back. I don't experience the stench, seriously, not even when I jog along the river.

Cheers mate! If you need any info, feel free to pm me. I'm more than happy to share my honest opininons (pros and cons). I'm not sure if other(s) have hidden agenda? Truth prevails

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    Hi qwertyuiop! Since u r a residence there, I believe that u r the right person here to provide good informations.

I will make appointment this weekends to view some 2 bedders units in RG. Who know that we might be neighbour?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I saw a unit on the 30+ storey and still can smell very strong stench (not just a a whiff) from the river! Terrible! Location wise not as good as others in the same price range.
    You sure it's not a smell coming from within the unit? If you've walked along the river at robertson quay or clarke quay, I'm sure there's no stench other then the stench of food and booze.

By the way, in about a year or 2, the water from the "river" will be our drinking water, so I really hope you're wrong about the stench.

The unit I viewed was vacant, newly TOPed.
    Well, the stench is there now for sure. You can only hope that they clean up the river and hopefully the stench will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by eleong
    You sure it's not a smell coming from within the unit? If you've walked along the river at robertson quay or clarke quay, I'm sure there's no stench other then the stench of food and booze.

By the way, in about a year or 2, the water from the "river" will be our drinking water, so I really hope you're wrong about the stench.

The unit I viewed was vacant, newly TOPed.
    Well, the stench is there now for sure. You can only hope that they clean up the river and hopefully the stench will disappear.
    "the stench is there now for sure"?

What make u so sure? Did u go there to check the stench frequently? Even the RG resident who posted earlier did not experience it from his unit n jogging along the river.

Anyway I will check it out this weekends during viewing.

What make u so sure? Did u go there to check the stench frequently? Even the RG resident who posted earlier did not experience it from his unit n jogging along the river.

Am new to this post, but quite interesting about the stench. Was interested in this project during launch, but din buy, regret miss the boat.

Was involved in Singapore river dredging some 20 yrs ago. Maybe check the tides timing. Go during low tide. Wind also play a factor. If still have stench, complaint Government, maybe ENV, perhaps Garment can relook into riverbed or re-dredging again.

That place so prime, am sure if have stench, not only u will notice...

Just some thoughts

Well, lets give him the benefit of doubt as everyone has differing olfactory threshold. But apparently, this 'stench', whether it exists or not, does not deter the countless joggers and patrons for the string of eateries along the robertson quay and waterfront hotels.

RG is certainly the largest, spacious and tallest development that is by the S'pore river. Some may not like it? You may want to view the neighbouring apartments as well eg watermark, robertson blue if you really like river view but prefer smaller and cosier ones. The maintenance fee does differ quite a lot for similar size units though.

Happy hse hunting!

Last edited by qwertyuiop; 30-07-10 at 08:21.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
    Well, lets give him the benefit of doubt as everyone has differing olfactory threshold. But apparently, this 'stench', whether it exists or not, does not deter the countless joggers and patrons for the string of eateries along the robertson quay and waterfront hotels.

RG is certainly the largest, spacious and tallest development that is by the S'pore river. Some may not like it? You may want to view the neighbouring apartments as well eg watermark, robertson blue if you really like river view but prefer smaller and cosier ones. The maintenance fee does differ quite a lot for similar size units though.

Happy hse hunting!
    hahah the smell.... go to jurong lake and you can smell...

the river is not that bad lah... cleared up ages ago and at most blast air con lor...

if river bad... then Dakota area Geyland River and all those kanna...

common... say something more meaningful

if really got serious river stench...prices will not up from 1600psf to 2100psf....

Reasons:
    1) Many buyers don't buy to stay but to rent out or to flip (can't be bothered, may not even see the unit themselves, all transaction sealed by agents)
    2) If you on air-con 24 hours a day then also no problem with the stench. (I prefer natural air).
    3) Low tide then have strong stench, high tide minimal stench.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    if really got serious river stench...prices will not up from 1600psf to 2100psf....

Reasons:
    1) Many buyers don't buy to stay but to rent out or to flip (can't be bothered, may not even see the unit themselves, all transaction sealed by agents)
    2) If you on air-con 24 hours a day then also no problem with the stench. (I prefer natural air).
    3) Low tide then have strong stench, high tide minimal stench.
    no leh!! b4 i bot WB...i recce many times (i am like camping myself there)...during raining...sunny..high tide and low tide...only high tide can smell abit of funny stuff....low tide smells damn goodie

anyway, do actual groundwork urself BEST...i dun trust hearsay especially agts!(not refering to u)

Why I just visited 1 unit and smell the bad stench?
    If I just visited once got smell, sure must have smell (Heaven is with me! ).
    Probably you got the wrong timing?
    Imagine when I want to sell and the deep pocket buyer smells the bad stench (just like me)? Like that can sell mah? (not to mention good price?).

no leh!! b4 i bot WB...i recce many times (i am like camping myself there)...during raining...sunny..high tide and low tide...only high tide can smell abit of funny stuff....low tide smells damn goodie

anyway, do actual groundwork urself BEST...i dun trust hearsay especially agts!(not refering to u)

singapore river no more affect by tidal with the installation of marina barrage.

Imagine when I want to sell and the deep pocket buyer smells the bad stench (just like me)? Like that can sell mah? (not to mention good price?).
    u refering to waterbank? i nvr camp at RG...been there few times..walk along the river...nvr smell anything unusual...abit of saltwater...mud water smell...not pang sai smell or pang jioo smell definitely

for WB...mabe heaven's will...i camp there few days to test out all different conditions...only high tide got the mud water smell...BUT low tide definitely no smell at all unless u can say my nose got problem....or rather ur nose got problem

anyway...no point arguing got smell or no smell...so many other ppty...dun like facing water/river/sea/longkang....buy elsewhr deeper inland

END OF STORY

haha.... some inland near incinerators also got smell.. pandan area

centris laggi better... got chocolate smell....

in little india also got smell

how?

singapore river not that bad lah.. scared of smell... stay high high up in the sky... sure no smell but got wind!

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    take it easy bro! just suggesting an alternative for him,not promotong or hawking any condos here..
    its up to me what i wish to say
    Yes, but an alternative has to be similar to what the buyer wants, ie, distance to his office. Someone said Robertson 100. That's a viable alternative. But Newton?? Reminds me of Tanumy who is fond of saying. Why buy here? Buy DBR is the best

Wah Lao! Still at the stench topic.

That mean when I view RG this weekends, can ask seller for discount if got stench and cannot ask if don't have?

Don't deviate more n more leh. This thread become busy again just becos I want to know only opinion about 2 bedders in RG.

Your asking reminds me of the terrible stench at RG >30 storey mah. You didn't ask I would have forgotten already.

Wah Lao! Still at the stench topic.

That mean when I view RG this weekends, can ask seller for discount if got stench and cannot ask if don't have?

Don't deviate more n more leh. This thread become busy again just becos I want to know only opinion about 2 bedders in RG.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Yes, but an alternative has to be similar to what the buyer wants, ie, distance to his office. Someone said Robertson 100. That's a viable alternative. But Newton?? Reminds me of Tanumy who is fond of saying. Why buy here? Buy DBR is the best
    ok ok,u win bro..happy?
    will let u have the last say.

I stay at RG, with river view, no smell, even with the recent heavy downpours.

den perhaps bear more sensitive to smell

den perhaps bear more sensitive to smell
    maybe it came from somewhere else and not the river

yo proud,

just realised stoxx50 up nrly 3%!!!

market so damn bullish ar? or another dead cat bounce rally?

yo proud,

just realised stoxx50 up nrly 3%!!!

market so damn bullish ar? or another dead cat bounce rally?
    prolonged low usd interest rates ..

oil up

Default Boom time is coming...

Recent satellite images in July and August shown a surge in trucking around the world.

In the US, there is a huge shortage in trucking drivers during August. Their pay have been increasing many folds since July.

I hope u guys haven't sold ur properties yet.

神龙股侠。

神龙股侠。

Disclaimers: Use my opinions at your own risks, Do ur own DD.

off topic dude...

what has trucking so far away anything to do with Rivergate?

Might as well say end of the world is near as north/south korea going to have a nuclear war soon due to increase in radioactivity... WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    off topic dude...

what has trucking so far away anything to do with Rivergate?

Might as well say end of the world is near as north/south korea going to have a nuclear war soon due to increase in radioactivity... WTF!
    No it is NOT off topic. If you sold RiverGate now, you will regret next year. Because trucking shown a pickup in economy....,dude.

Anyone works overlooking the PSA Ports? That's also another indicators of the economy if you see more cranes down than up.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @