Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: RiverGate (D9, Freehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    No lah, I sold my earlier property in 2012, and thus have the full benefits of (re)buying a first property. Also, am moving overseas for 2 or 3 years, so thought I'd take the risk of earning rent versus possible / likely further drop in prices.
    With that budget, didnt consider getting 3 mm in the area? Each can rent 3k.

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Me too haha
    Not for hanging towel meh?? Easier to dry

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    You won't feel any weight on your shoulders when it is tenanted. End up you may still splurge. Heh. Plus you have extra pocket money from your tenant.
    depends on discipline. all my $$ from tenant will go into the loan acct. any excess there will be used to pay down the loan or next ppty. wun touch it for daily usage. so no need to worry abt lower rental or short of tenant also. the buffer built up here shld be sufficient to buffer for downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Wah! Thought why people sneak into Office Boy's humble home to take photos !!!

The glass thing is a magazine holder la ... haha! Took me 1-2 months to realised then put in a magazine to pretend to be atas. hahaa!!!

Welcome to the estate my neighbour. Rental is $6.8K a mth +- 100-200.

Whats more important about our place is the Feng Shui. Get someone to check it out for you, you will be WOW-ed! by it.

DKSG
    bro, you staying here too? i must check out the FS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    bro, you staying here too? i must check out the FS!!
    Take the fengshui with a big pinch of salt. A 'wang' place in general doesnt mean everyone there will be blessed and huat. It very much depend on your individual gua. E.g. Singapore in general is a piece of good fs on earth, but not everybody huat rite? As ugly as it might sound, i am sure there are residents staying there who have failed busoness, retrenched or poor health. So dont believe too much into the fs thing there. Applies to all other wang places too.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Take the fengshui with a big pinch of salt. A 'wang' place in general doesnt mean everyone there will be blessed and huat. It very much depend on your individual gua. E.g. Singapore in general is a piece of good fs on earth, but not everybody huat rite? As ugly as it might sound, i am sure there are residents staying there who have failed busoness, retrenched or poor health. So dont believe too much into the fs thing there. Applies to all other wang places too.
    this i understand that.. but good fengshui will improve the person's luck. a person with bad bazi living in good vs bad fengshui place.. there will be some improvement in the good place. of coz, the degree of improvement really depends. and some pple with very strong "ming", even stay at cross junction everyday kenah "hit" by car will also be very successful.

and even within one devp, there will be blocks with good and bad fengshui. for eg, swimming pool in a certain direction is good, but bad for another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    this i understand that.. but good fengshui will improve the person's luck. a person with bad bazi living in good vs bad fengshui place.. there will be some improvement in the good place. of coz, the degree of improvement really depends. and some pple with very strong "ming", even stay at cross junction everyday kenah "hit" by car will also be very successful.

and even within one devp, there will be blocks with good and bad fengshui. for eg, swimming pool in a certain direction is good, but bad for another direction.
    True, i think trust own feeling is impt. If go househunting and can feel the homeliness, tat should be the rite one.

I must say I like the bathroom

Anyone knows what the glass thingy on the wall is for?
    Magazine rack.

Congrats on your new place.....beautiful! I love this place too but .... Vit M not enough to buy a 3-bedder

Congrats!

Very nice estate. Was on my radar (in 2009 no less, would you believe it?! )... but there were so much of "distractions" then ... ha ha

Very GOOD QUALITY MARBLES ! My THIRD EYE can see very clearly workmanship also very good. ( Hint: Look at how they cut the false ceiling entry cover you will know liao la )

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Very GOOD QUALITY MARBLES ! My THIRD EYE can see very clearly workmanship also very good. ( Hint: Look at how they cut the false ceiling entry cover you will know liao la )
    Much thought also put into the pedestal design as one use granite and the wall use marbles. Very good I like, can match my high standards.

Much thought also put into the pedestal design as one use granite and the wall use marbles. Very good I like, can match my high standards.
    you are lucky, nowadays many developers will cut costs on the use of materials.

you are lucky, nowadays many developers will cut costs on the use of materials.
    placing of the marble slates also very swee, can tell the construction workers took the time to select the pattern for you

Swee man, congrats & thanks for the virtual tour of ur place.

To be specific, it's a Playboy centre spread holder in case ur tenant needs a helping hand. (joking...)

Anyone knows what the glass thingy on the wall is for?

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Wah! Thought why people sneak into Office Boy's humble home to take photos !!!

The glass thing is a magazine holder la ... haha! Took me 1-2 months to realised then put in a magazine to pretend to be atas. hahaa!!!

Welcome to the estate my neighbour. Rental is $6.8K a mth +- 100-200.

Whats more important about our place is the Feng Shui. Get someone to check it out for you, you will be WOW-ed! by it.

DKSG
    Any idea where to get the wall mounted hair dryer and how much does it cost?

haha, this one i use my normal eye to see can leow.

but then. i must.. the bathroom really hotel standard. how i wish mine will look like this.

starrynight

did u got it at launch ? Must be real huat...

Ur toilet is really atas but I suppose it is high maintenance. I prefer ceramic tiles for toilet for ease of maintenance and higher coefficient of friction, and I have never been able to figure out how to bathe properly in the bath tub - almost slipped while climbing in and out several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    starrynight

did u got it at launch ? Must be real huat...
    he bought resale recently

hmm, then he must be loaded.

i was there in 2009 staring at 3 bedrm for less then 2mil. No bullet ....

a one bd rm cost abv $2mil now. For similar amount , you can get 3 bdrm elsewhere. really can't swallow.. different league of players...
    Last edited by Lovelle; 06-02-13 at 09:34.

Thanks! To be fair, the common bathroom is a little less impressive, but still ok.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Swee man, congrats & thanks for the virtual tour of ur place.

To be specific, it's a Playboy centre spread holder in case ur tenant needs a helping hand. (joking...)
    Luckily the magazine holder is not next to the toilet bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    I'm afraid I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Ur toilet is really atas but I suppose it is high maintenance. I prefer ceramic tiles for toilet for ease of maintenance and higher coefficient of friction, and I have never been able to figure out how to bathe properly in the bath tub - almost slipped while climbing in and out several times.
    TBH, I'm not a fan of bathtubs, and think many Singaporeans are. They double up a place to place the laundry basket in many of my friends' homes

a one bd rm cost abv $2mil now. For similar amount , you can get 3 bdrm elsewhere. really can't swallow.. different league of players...
    It's a 2-bedder. Well, I do think the prices will slide somewhat in the next 2 or 3 years, but also feel that in the (very?) long term, good location will command a healthy premium. If it gets really cheap again 1 day, then I buy one more lor

Searched Renotalk forum, and found this: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index....1&#entry389423

Costs $85 back in 2009, so should be around $100? Looks like they also sell all the hotel-type stuff, like shaving mirrors and foldable luggage racks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503

no one bedders here. smallest is 2 bedder of 10xx sq ft which as u said, > 2m now.

dont think there are 1 bed room in this project. min 2 bed room

Yup, smallest is 1023sq ft.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    no one bedders here. smallest is 2 bedder of 10xx sq ft which as u said, > 2m now.

thanks for pointing my mistake

over 2 million with rental yield only about 3+%.....cannot now lah...

yes, rental yield is now low 3%+.

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    over 2 million with rental yield only about 3+%.....cannot now lah...

For the sake of enlightenment, what is a good rental yield?

I bought my Pasir Panjang apartment in 2007, and got a tenant paying above market rate ($3800), i.e. 5.3% yield. I know this was high, but bearing in mind current rent and current purchase price, 3.5% to 4.2% is considered respectable?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that, one can say that prices are going to drop, but looking at the number of completions in the next 3 years, there will be many units seeking tenants as well, i.e. rent is likely to drop (generally speaking), so yields are not likely to increase significantly? If so, then it might be years before we ever see the "respectable" threshold yields which some of us are seeking?

Grateful for opinions

yes, rental yield is now low 3%+.

there are too many arguments on this.

>3% is not bad by CCR standards already.

many invested in OCR becoz the yield is > 4%

5% is probably non existent by now (based on current market prices)? (correct me if i m wrong).

For the sake of enlightenment, what is a good rental yield?

I bought my Pasir Panjang apartment in 2007, and got a tenant paying above market rate ($3800), i.e. 5.3% yield. I know this was high, but bearing in mind current rent and current purchase price, 3.5% to 4.2% is considered respectable?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that, one can say that prices are going to drop, but looking at the number of completions in the next 3 years, there will be many units seeking tenants as well, i.e. rent is likely to drop (generally speaking), so yields are not likely to increase significantly? If so, then it might be years before we ever see the "respectable" threshold yields which some of us are seeking?

Grateful for opinions