Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: RiverGate (D9, Freehold, Capitaland)

Roger, thanks! I better not start a war because of this

I guess the only ppty where >5% is possible is HDB (but there is that problem of MOP.. ooops)

Again, for enlightenment, what's the crappiest yield people have gotten in the past?

I heard that there were times in the 80s when average yield was 3.x / 4% but the loan interest was like 5 / 6%?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    there are too many arguments on this.

>3% is not bad by CCR standards already.

many invested in OCR becoz the yield is > 4%

5% is probably non existent by now (based on current market prices)? (correct me if i m wrong).

i think i will start a war if i answer it. lol.

a qn which nobody knows the answer is how high interest rates can go after 2015. there are arguments that if interest rates shoot up in 2015, that means economy is improving and rental yield should also go up.

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight

I guess the only ppty where >5% is possible is HDB (but there is that problem of MOP.. ooops)

Again, for enlightenment, what's the crappiest yield people have gotten in the past?

I heard that there were times in the 80s when average yield was 3.x / 4% but the loan interest was like 5 / 6%?

Brother StarryNight,

Congrats on your purchase and the lovely pixs.

Rivergate is my dream condo...

I was also one of the viewers of the 2 bedders there #24-16, but the facing is nowhere as lovely as your unit. Otherwise I would have been sorely tempted. I read in another thread that you also viewed that unit. But end of the day, I think you got yourself one with the best facing. Care to share which is the stack number? appreciate if you can pm me.

I am still checking out 2 bedders in the region...but Rivergate is above my budget now...

my HDB yield is 8.5% if buy at today's price.

based on my cost price, it is 15%pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    my HDB yield is 8.5% if buy at today's price.

based on my cost price, it is 15%pa.
    Cool! Can say a bit more? E.g. 5-room flat in Toa Payoh Central, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i think i will start a war if i answer it. lol.

a qn which nobody knows the answer is how high interest rates can go after 2015. there are arguments that if interest rates shoot up in 2015, that means economy is improving and rental yield should also go up.
    hahaha... ok, but not discuss it openly then

Quote Originally Posted by sunny88
    Brother StarryNight,

Congrats on your purchase and the lovely pixs.

Rivergate is my dream condo...

I was also one of the viewers of the 2 bedders there #24-16, but the facing is nowhere as lovely as your unit. Otherwise I would have been sorely tempted. I read in another thread that you also viewed that unit. But end of the day, I think you got yourself one with the best facing. Care to share which is the stack number? appreciate if you can pm me.

I am still checking out 2 bedders in the region...but Rivergate is above my budget now...
    Will PM you now

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Ur toilet is really atas but I suppose it is high maintenance. I prefer ceramic tiles for toilet for ease of maintenance and higher coefficient of friction, and I have never been able to figure out how to bathe properly in the bath tub - almost slipped while climbing in and out several times.
    very easy,try this.

1) Remove every piece of garment on your body.

2) From outside the bathtub, place your first foot into the empty bathtub first.

3) Then slowly bring your naked self into the tub by lifting your second foot into the bath tub, both time holding on to any good support like a metal handle or place a hand on the wall.

4) By now, you should be standing firmly inside the tub.

5) Next, turn around to face the faucets and lower your whole body by squatting down gently.

6) Once in this position, place your two bottoms gently onto the cold bathtub floor to achieve a sitting position. Put the water stopper onto the drainage hole or turn the knob or level on some newer system.

7) Then, reach out to the faucets and turn the water on. Make sure the water is just luke warm and not too hot to scald the vital parts of your body.

8) Lay back and stretch your legs.

9) Wait for the water level to fill up to your chest level in this position. Once the level is reached, turn off the tap(s) .

10) Now you can relax and start eating or reading in the nice bath.

PS: Getting out of the tub is the reverse of the above steps. Except you have to make sure you empty the tub and dry yourself within the tub first before attempting to get out of the tub.

Good Luck
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 06-02-13 at 14:33.

RV Suites based on NOW price yield 4%
    Power of MM

Seriously bro
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    very easy,try this.

2) From outside the bathtub, place your first foot into the empty bathtub first.

3) Then slowly bring your naked self into the tub by lifting your second foot into the bath tub, both time holding on to any good support like a metal handle or place a hand on the wall.

5) Next, turn around to face the faucets and lower your whole body by squatting down gently.

6) Once in this position, place your two bottoms gently onto the cold bathtub floor to achieve a sitting position. Put the water stopper onto the drainage hole or turn the knob or level on some newer system.

7) Then, reach out to the faucets and turn the water on. Make sure the water is just luke warm and not too hot to scald the vital parts of your body.

9) Wait for the water level to fill up to your chest level in this position. Once the level is reached, turn off the tap(s) .

PS: Getting out of the tub is the reverse of the above steps.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Seriously bro
    Thanks, good brother leesg123

you will be amazed many good brothers or sisters dunno how to use a tub OR USE THE WRONG METHOD. This includes my wife when she first marry me.

In the movies, they also taught you the wrong method. That is, getting in and out of a filled tub, which is SLIPPERY AND dangerous !

very easy,try this.

PS: Getting out of the tub is the reverse of the above steps. Except you have to make sure you empty the tub and dry yourself within the tub first before attempting to get out of the tub.

Good Luck
    visual instruction will be more helpful.... can u make a video ?

Cool! Can say a bit more? E.g. 5-room flat in Toa Payoh Central, etc?
    4 rm flat in ulu part of singapore with 7-8min walk to nearest MRT.

if take my parents' former 3 rm flat.. even better. cost price $8k, rental now is i dunno... $2,500 a month? 3 min walk to MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    visual instruction will be more helpful.... can u make a video ?
    Brother BJ, I think you missed out certain steps.

Here is visual presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&h...&v=o7zJUuNTA-o

very easy,try this.

Good Luck
    Thanks, I can never relax with water over my chest as it makes me feel like drowning. Usually I end up standing in the hotel bath tub to bathe, which is quite dangerous if there is any soap. But it is the fastest way to bathe.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Thanks, I can never relax with water over my chest as it makes me feel like drowning. Usually I end up standing in the hotel bath tub to bathe, which is quite dangerous if there is any soap. But it is the fastest way to bathe.
    Yes, dun do it brother ! This is dangerous. Make sure you dry yourself thoroughly before getting out. You can dry your feet first by placing the towel on the floor of the empty tub.

One of my beautiful colleagues has to get one stitch on her forehead because she did not dry herself first before moving out of the tub. How I wish I was there physically with her before the little mishap happened !

Yes, dun do it brother ! This is dangerous. Make sure you dry yourself thoroughly before getting out. You can dry your feet first by placing the towel on the floor of the empty tub.

One of my beautiful colleagues has to get one stitch on her forehead because she did not dry herself first before moving out of the tub. How I wish I was there physically with her before the little mishap happened !
    Hope my wife miss this post !

Yup, 1 relative has a really crappy (the kitchen cabinet fell apart, and was never ever even replaced, etc.) 3-room HDB flat in Pandan and still it rents out for $1,900 a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    4 rm flat in ulu part of singapore with 7-8min walk to nearest MRT.

if take my parents' former 3 rm flat.. even better. cost price $8k, rental now is i dunno... $2,500 a month? 3 min walk to MRT.

Searched Renotalk forum, and found this: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index....1&#entry389423

Costs $85 back in 2009, so should be around $100? Looks like they also sell all the hotel-type stuff, like shaving mirrors and foldable luggage racks
    Thanks a lot for the info

Forgive me if I seem like I'm trying to promote the condo, but I'm just excited with this buy, and wanted to have a place to "store" the info I find.

Below are some photos of what Robertson Quay looked like in the old days:

1974:

Rodyk Street - guess this is the space between what is today 8 Rodyk and Watermark

And this should be the view across the river from what Rivergate is today. Photo from 1987

And the site of Rivergate used to be a Chinese Kampung!

And the site of Rivergate used to be a Chinese Kampung!

Thank you !!!

Buy you kopi next time !

DKSG

Thanks. Yes, I think this is the best view for the 2-bedders. The views from Stack 5 (3 bedders) would even better.

Re CM7: well, I saw this unit and really really liked it. 1 of the top floors for 2 bedders, with the sky gym and sky garden on the same floor, so my heart overruled my head
    Can you upload photos of the sky gym and sky garden plus the corridor/walkway towards these two facilities? Thank you.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Forgive me if I seem like I'm trying to promote the condo, but I'm just excited with this buy, and wanted to have a place to "store" the info I find.

Below are some photos of what Robertson Quay looked like in the old days:

1974:

Rodyk Street - guess this is the space between what is today 8 Rodyk and Watermark

And this should be the view across the river from what Rivergate is today. Photo from 1987

Can See how much improvement Singapore has transformed.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Can See how much improvement Singapore has transformed.
    Sadly nowadays people is rather closed culture mindset(singaporean only), what will happen to singapore in 10 to 20years time:
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-p...5--sector.html

Funny thing is people complain about high property price but everywhere in the world is the same, after 2009 crisis every where in the world property price went up. Sg property didn't go up much also from 2009, maybe only 30% to 40% on average. So which country did property price not went up?
    Last edited by star; 07-02-13 at 00:25.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Sadly nowadays people is rather closed culture mindset(singaporean only), what will happen to singapore in 10 to 20years time:
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-p...5--sector.html

Funny thing is people complain about high property price but everywhere in the world is the same, after 2009 crisis every where in the world property price went up. Sg property didn't go up much also from 2009, maybe only 30% to 40% on average. So which country did property price not went up?

well we never know if we F up. then we just have to eat the humble pie.

Sky garden: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8365/8...d30fec38_c.jpg

Roof garden: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8359/8...f8b8fe2b_c.jpg

Sky gym, albeit not a very good photo: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8045/8...4bf3a8e5_c.jpg

Corridor towards sky gym: no photo - looks like a regular walkway. Gym is at end of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Can you upload photos of the sky gym and sky garden plus the corridor/walkway towards these two facilities? Thank you.

Sky gym, albeit not a very good photo: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8045/8...4bf3a8e5_c.jpg

Corridor towards sky gym: no photo - looks like a regular walkway. Gym is at end of the floor.
    Hi...Could you share with me how much is the monthly/quarterly maintenance fund?

nice!!!!!!!!!!

It's $319 per month for 2 bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...Could you share with me how much is the monthly/quarterly maintenance fund?

Already include sinking fund?

Hi..thanks for the information. It is reasonable amount.