Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most effective cooling measures??

Senior

User Info Menu

Default Most effective cooling measures??

Instead of focusing on buyers and developers, perhaps the government to consider implement cooling measures for themselves.

One suggest I have for them is for come out with a system where by for land sale, government will award to 2nd highest bidder instead of the highest bidder. This will instantly cause confusion in the market as it is no longer a certainty that developers can win a bid by submitting ridiculously high price.

I know that when developers buy low doesnt mean they will sell low, but I personally think that when market is confused, people will delay their purchase.

ipropertyguru

User Info Menu

The most effective cooling has yet to come. The next cooling should address the hdb issue.

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Instead of focusing on buyers and developers, perhaps the government to consider implement cooling measures for themselves.

One suggest I have for them is for come out with a system where by for land sale, government will award to 2nd highest bidder instead of the highest bidder. This will instantly cause confusion in the market as it is no longer a certainty that developers can win a bid by submitting ridiculously high price.

I know that when developers buy low doesnt mean they will sell low, but I personally think that when market is confused, people will delay their purchase.
    Then they would not be maximising the value of our national reserves... which leads to the transfer of wealth from our national reserves to profits for the developers.

Not as not an ideal situation.

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Then they would not be maximising the value of our national reserves... which leads to the transfer of wealth from our national reserves to profits for the developers.

Not as not an ideal situation.
    If land price kep moving north how to cool the market?

Senior

User Info Menu

Just keep piling up the CM. Up to developers where they are gung ho enough to bid higher.

User Info Menu

cooling measure cost is passed on to buyer

ie: developer that absorbs ABSD probably factored the cost into the selling price liao and buyer "perceived" they got a good deal, no need to pay ABSD

User Info Menu

Govt need to enforce the time period which developers need to sell their unsold units by.

Old Newbie

User Info Menu

Why tweak the supply when the problem is on the demand side?

If tomorrow government do a u-turn on their 6.5 million population target, you see whether the developers will still bid sky high prices for land parcels!
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    The most effective cooling has yet to come. The next cooling should address the hdb issue.
    Bro, why you say that??? I am serious... I

Want to hear your view.

Music of the night

User Info Menu

aiya aiyoyo ... we are globalized, if you keep piling up CMs and price correct 20% cheaper than Shanghai then rich ppl from Shanghai simply pay ABSD 10% and clean up our prime properties ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast