Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Year of The Double Headed Serpent

Bro u are rite la, life is never fair. Some are given silver spoon or even diamond spoon when born and some have to start from point Zero...the starting point is already so much different. This person just put 1 time effort and maybe the other guy have to put in 100 times effort and sometimes it is still not on par...this is life....be happy and just strive for your dream. But again, it is rubbish to say life is fair la!

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, can I correct the statement a bit... Maybe you type too fast...

LIFE is never FAIR. It is 80/20. We need to get to the 20 and not get stuck in the 80.

Life will only be fair if you put in the effort.

Bro, correct me if I sala...

Hahahahahaha

U also doing NS ah? Sharing and helping the forummers???

Cheers bro...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    let ur humble brother tell you an unemployed story.

20 years ago, I left my family business. My grandparents were billionaires richer than the listed Hour Glass. But due to family conflict, I chose to leave the business to pursue my own career.

Being a company director for more than 5 years and then going out to seek employment was not easy. However, many uncles and family friends were willing to give me chances.Nevertheless, after 3 solid years of working like a coolie including in one rubbish collection company, I called it quit and decided to go into investment instead.

However, the fire in me never die. It was 3 solid years of hell then. As I was unemployed for that long. Every now and then, my smart alecs cousins reported how much they earned as a CLEVER salaried professional. Some as high as S$30,000 a month. It was a strong and hard knock into my pride and ego as my beloved grandmother also began to doubt my ability and character. She told me that one should be gainly employed and not to laze around doing nothing for society.

I told her and reassured her, that Heaven made me a special person different from the rest. Heaven gave me a third eye.

After 3 years of good insults, the tide all turned at the end of it when I finally used the seed money of S$500,000 birthdday gift given by my grandmother when I was 19 years old and turned it into S$2,000,000 in a mere 2 years by property investment.

By then, one of my cousins noticed my car getting smaller ( from a Merc to a Ferrari ) and was very interested in my venture. I told him he can try to buy a private condo. That was in 2000 when the market dipped. He never did, although he was a CEO of a company.

8 years later in 2007, he asked me again. I told him to buy a private condo again. He told me he would not pay more than S$1000psf for a lousy Singapore property. By then, I have my own property company. So, he missed it again.

The rest I think you know what happened.

WOAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHEHEHHEHEH
    Hard to believe that a CEO of a company does not own a PC since he is earning a few hundred grand a year? Unless he got a few GCB already
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    Hard to believe that a CEO of a company does not own a PC since he is earning a few hundred grand a year? Unless he got a few GCB already
    yes, his parents own landed. But i think it will be many years before he inherit the landed property.

however, at our present day, instead of buying landed, this CEO chose to stay in EC. His rationale is he will not pay more than S$1000psf for a private property.

and he stay in EC is because his high income is not qualified to stay in HDB !!!! otherwise, think he will buy a HDB instead

sigh.....

in Life sadly we need people like them to make us feel smarter, richer, better ...

i remmeber many moons ago when i was in NUS .. i asked a friend, why are there so few XXX (race) students made it to university ...

his reply was kind of racist but true ..

we need them to make us feel good ...without them , we may be last in class..

as much as we want to help everyone move forward in life ... if everyone is equal .. whos to say who is better ?

yes, his parents own landed. But i think it will be many years before he inherit the landed property.

however, at our present day, instead of buying landed, this CEO chose to stay in EC. His rationale is he will not pay more than S$1000psf for a private property.

and he stay in EC is because his high income is not qualified to stay in HDB !!!! otherwise, think he will buy a HDB instead

sigh.....

sigh.....
    A CEO who earns <$12k in annual income(incl. bonus?).

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    he bought the Executive CONDO before he was the CEO la. after 10 years of his talents in the MNC, he became the head. But throughout the 10 years, every Chinese New Year I told him to upgrade, he merely said the same thing: " Too expensive, will not pay more than S$600psf, S$700psf, S$800psf , S$900psf and 2 years ago : not more than S$1000psf ! "

SIGH !

sigh.....
    So he is cash-rich but what good is that? Money getting smaller by the day...
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

BINGO ! YOU GOT MY point, clever brother !

he bought the Executive CONDO before he was the CEO la. after 10 years of his talents in the MNC, he became the head. But throughout the 10 years, every Chinese New Year I told him to upgrade, he merely said the same thing: " Too expensive, will not pay more than S$600psf, S$700psf, S$800psf , S$900psf and 2 years ago : not more than S$1000psf ! "

SIGH !

so now that he is a CEO of a MNC... what do you think his mthly income is ?

i am asking cos i have no idea at all ... have always been in banking

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

There are many CEOs of SMEs who don't really get much salary, not everyone earn a lot. Obviously some got a lot of hidden profits.

Quote Originally Posted by focus

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    There are many CEOs of SMEs who don't really get much salary, not everyone earn a lot. Obviously some got a lot of hidden profits.

curiousity sake friends...whats the ave income for a CEO ?

in my industry ... a 10 yr old trader ...average 25k a mth excl bonus

I have a good friend, combined annual income maybe 3-400k, HDB MOP before the boom, advised him about various possibilities for him to own or co-own a PC. He refused, advised through 2006-2011, he still refuse. Even bypassing the point when 99yr landed was selling below 500k.

Finally bopian this year had to buy, at maybe 1200 psf in OCR PC not near MRT. He can even justify his purchase in relation to surrounding projects.

But if everyone who earns like him knows how to play this game, we will all be punked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    I have a good friend, combined annual income maybe 3-400k, HDB MOP before the boom, advised him about various possibilities for him to own or co-own a PC. He refused, advised through 2006-2011, he still refuse. Even bypassing the point when 99yr landed was selling below 500k.

Finally bopian this year had to buy, at maybe 1200 psf in OCR PC not near MRT. He can even justify his purchase in relation to surrounding projects.

But if everyone who earns like him knows how to play this game, we will all be punked.

a friend of mine bought a semi D in the 80s in frankel ... dirt cheap ...now fully paid ..

in 2006 he was 50 yr old ... i told him to buy props...he said to me ..: i am retiring in 5 yrs ... i dun need sleepless night worrying about mortgage "

i managed to reasoned with him .. and along with me ... he whacked 2 prime district condos ...

sold 1 of them 2 yrs later ... used the profit to pay up the other ....

now he has retired ... and still living in Frankel ... which is worth at least 5 mio ( bought at 800k) .. and collecting rent from the other remaining condo ..

every few mths he and his wife go on holiday ...

Maybe he put his money on equities and commodities instead? Like jim roger.

are you sure we can trust words from a double headed snake?

Quote Originally Posted by Clim1688
    WOAHAAHAHAHHhheh...funny!

sigh.....
    Most ceos are from marketing or sales or bd background. I suspect this one is not.

SIGH !
    Think his co is not growing very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    Most ceos are from marketing or sales or bd background. I suspect this one is not.
    u are very smart ! he is trained in engineering ! steady la ! so pray, share what is ur occupation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clim1688
    hahaha!!

wise advice!
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

u are very smart ! he is trained in engineering ! steady la ! so pray, share what is ur occupation ?
    if we can simply divide the human population into 2 groups of pple, we will have the mktg/sales/BD type on one side, and the accounting/ engineers/risk management/teacher, etc on another side.

the first type will win big/lose big. 2nd type sure win, but win very little. becoz take no risk.

i am more interesting because i am a hybrid. i deal with numbers (not humans) but at company level, i am looking at macro view so risk taking is necessary.

Everyone has their own destiny and character la.

I dont think there is a model answer.

People who take risk, earn big bucks has to deal with a different set of problems.

People who dont take risk, lead a no-ups-no-downs life has another set of life parameters.

Office Boy sees both types of people and dont think either set is better or worse.

More importantly, for those who have ther resources, is what they do with it. If they just interested to make a lot of money and does not use it in an useful way, then they are worse than those who dont make as much de.

DKSG

both brother Shanhz and DKSG are right ! And so, the serpent continues:

much will be like the times of your great grandfathers or great great grandfathers, where the time of prosperity is coming.

it will be the like the balance of the weight, where it tilts to the east side rather than the west side.

as the water in the jars started to overflow and flow into Southern Asia, so too the west gate will open and the once great prosperity will come so you mortals called.

the western lands dragged their feet for many years to come, 15 lunar cycles to be exact. and many will indeed drag their feet here to the eastern lands.

so too, will there be jokers of the eastern lands, where once again they sat on the berth to wait for the boat that never come.

good luck.

神龙股侠。

how long is one lunar cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    how long is one lunar cycle?
    One solar cycle= 365 days.

One lunar cycle= 300 days.

Slowly, and timidly I approached the double headed serpent.
    The 4 pairs of red eyes followed me as I closed up.

With almost a whisper and shaky vouce, I asked,

"so how about those that just bought their property recently at a high price"

I paused to clear my throat and continued,

"what fate awaits them ?"

Pray continue and let us not wait in suspense

wahhhh.... starting to sound like a scene from harry potter...
    i am waiting for its reply...

Serpent already says Eastern will be cheongster style in the coming xx Lunar Cycles ?

So recently just bought will still make, just lesser.

Can ask Serpent is the East reference appropriately used within Singapore as well ?

Serpent also says those who MTB can wait long long for the B?

BJ21 : Can ask Serpent is it true that Retail Shops will do well when the balance is tilted to the Eastern World ?

DKSG

The Sepent bellowed and laughed in a loud voice, so loud that the Earth vibrated.

I swallowed my salivia and waited in anticipation.

"Mortal, you know not thy fate, but I do."

" In the Garden lies the 12 astrological stones. These 12 stones represented the 12 districts of the Lion City."

" 12 babies will be born in each of these districts, each with certain attributes that determine the final fate of the recent property buyers..."

" The 12 babies are :"

"1) The Earth : ( Transport, SMRT and MRT , cars and railways, etc )"

"2) The Water : ( Flooding, sewage system, PUB, water companies ,etc)"

"3) The Healer : ( Medical Services: Hospitals, clinics, doctors )"

"4) The Wise : ( Education: Universities and Schools) "

"5) The Servant: (Government Service level: Efficiency, Effectiveness and Professionals, URA,MOM etc)"

"6) The Refined : ( Graciousness, Art and Philosphy: Cultural Standard . Entertainment, actors, actresses,Arts Museum, Concerts, Mediacorp etc)

"7) The Banker : ( Financial Service level and security standards: Banks and Pawn shops etc)

"8) The Constructor: ( Standard of the infrastructure developers: Far East Organistion,City Development, engineers etc )

9) The Observer : ( Timely information, channel news asia, Internet Media, etc )

10) The Enforcer: ( Social system, Legal system, anti-corruption, police, crime control, traffic police etc )

11) The Farmer: ( Food, restaurant hygenie standards, AVA etc .)"

12) The Host : ( Social Harmony, community development the various races, religious acceptance, CDC etc )"

How you nurture these babies shall determine the final destinations of the recent property buyers- whether in heaven or in hell."