Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore will be ruined by youngsters

Default Singapore will be ruined by youngsters

It will be in history book:
    Once a great nation until opposition got vote in and take over.
    Singapore goes down hill, investors run off, too much well fare given to citzen and it become the next greece. Property plunge 70%. Malaysia take over again and we are treated worse off.
    Just a fairy tale which might happen in the future. Look at the youngsters now i am scare.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Singapore goes down hill, investors run off, too much well fare given to citzen and it become the next greece. Property plunge 70%. Malaysia take over again and we are treated worse off.
    Just a fairy tale which might happen in the future. Look at the youngsters now i am scare.

you very anti opposition party leh

no news on by election for Punggol
    you start campaigning for PAP ah ?

There are some truths in ur statements which make investor like me worried for my and my family future. It takes many years to build up ur fortune but it just take a moment folly to lose it all. Look at this PAP MP u will know what I'm toking about.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    you very anti opposition party leh

no news on by election for Punggol
    you start campaigning for PAP ah ?
    Investors does not like uncertainty. They will run road. Opposition doesnt have ruling experience and its a risk. I rather trust the time proven PAP.

Investors does not like uncertainty. They will run road. Opposition doesnt have ruling experience and its a risk. I rather trust the time proven PAP.
    why did u bring this up this topic out of the blues ?

election was last yr

you regurgitate exactly what LKY will have ppl believe, although much of it is nonsense and slippery slope logic.

By election is a MUST .

If not, there will be MANY MANY Singaporeans ANGER and this will backslash the votes in 2016 !

Well workers party hope they win high margin !

Payback time !

Yaw Shin Leong saga remember ?

And now Palmer....LOL...What goes around comes around...

KARMA is coming after PAP

I would consider this as a gradual maturity of our political scene which is a good sign.

It's never a good thing, why? Because if opposition give in and listen to those citizens complains:
    1) foeigners stop importing, those foreigners work here ask to go home. Business will move away from singapore. Jobless rate increases.
    2) suddenly more than 50% condo cannot rent out.
    3) banks may collapse due to default payment on mortgages

It is too costly and dangerous to test it here. One wrong move our country will be finished. Sometime people does not treasure the good time now until it is gone...
    Japan frequently changing of prime minister is no good for policy.

Sometime people does not look beyond things. To me high minsters pay is ok as long as Singapore has development coming in. I can see singapore get its downtown line, thomson line, punggol 21, defu development just to name a few .... Etc. i can see garden by the bay, rws, more mrt lnes coming up... Etc. i must say good job and well done.

But people just complain their pay too high. U think other countries so clean no undertable? can call for low salary like some countries but undertable billions and their countries never develop much.

Sometime people does not look beyond things. To me high minsters pay is ok as long as Singapore has development coming in. I can see singapore get its downtown line, thomson line, punggol 21, defu development just to name a few .... Etc. i can see garden by the bay, rws, more mrt lnes coming up... Etc. i must say good job and well done.

But people just complain their pay too high. U think other countries so clean no undertable? can call for low salary like some countries but undertable billions and their countries never develop much.

Out of the blues you posted such thread

What's your background ?

What's your intention?

No one mentioned anything about opposition party or pap for the past half a year at least

And suddenly you come on and start this nonsense

This is condosingapore. Not temasek review

Property and government is related it is not nonsense. This is just to make people aware of what might be happening to property in future which i am quite worry now.

Hi star, I do share some of ur concerns but I realise this is beyond our control. I do have a consolation prize to share with u: regardless of who govern us or how the system change for better or worse, there will always be the same social hierarchy and we will be in the top 20percent of the hierarchy. So not to be too worried and enjoy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Hi star, I do share some of ur concerns but I realise this is beyond our control. I do have a consolation prize to share with u: regardless of who govern us or how the system change for better or worse, there will always be the same social hierarchy and we will be in the top 20percent of the hierarchy. So not to be too worried and enjoy life.
    Hahaha, sensitive topic, but wat the heck... Agree..

Worrying whereby we cannot solve the problem. Ans : don't worry.
    Worrying whereby we can get solutions: ans : worry and solve problem.

So simple.

Look at the youngsters now i am scare.
    Hey, I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Youngsters will grow up one day and be parents. Once they are parents, their thinking will change.
    The circle of life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalk
    Hey, I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Youngsters will grow up one day and be parents. Once they are parents, their thinking will change.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalk
    Internet makes them more vocal and daring.

Property and government is related it is not nonsense. This is just to make people aware of what might be happening to property in future which i am quite worry now.
    Let's not forget that we are all humans, and no matter whether you don white, we are all susceptible to mistakes or poor decisions. Poor decisions can also lead to property prices soaring, some gain some lose. Just consider the supply crunch years ago that in part led to high prices today. Good or bad? Hard to say, and depends on who you are.

Is there really a supply crunch previously?

Supply was very low between 2000-2007 and prices are low too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Is there really a supply crunch previously?

Supply was very low between 2000-2007 and prices are low too.
    So it depends on which time frame you were referring to. It did not appear to be so for the Govt then.

Based on what some analysts say, the input of people BEFORE the building of residences equate to creating a supply crunch. Consider public transport, cars and infrastructure too.

Same for the stop-at-two policy implemented in the 80s. Clever or mistake?

i also share these concerns ..
    in other countries its known as the middle income trap

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Income_Trap

so far singapore has been able to avoid it because of the importation of cheap foreign labour and no min wage

IMO, it still boils down to the adage... dont put all your eggs into one small island la

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies

+1
    totally agree. We are a young nation and this is a phase which nobody can avoid. The population matures with time and time will tell if you need a ruling party, two party nation, or whatever. As long as this is done in good faith, transparent, in good uncorupted hands, i think anything is possible and will be good for the nation as we grows.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I would consider this as a gradual maturity of our political scene which is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by vboy
    IMO, it still boils down to the adage... dont put all your eggs into one small island la
    Been toying with the idea of retiring in Auckland.
    It's just a thought and most probably wouldn't materialize as I love this country too much.

Out of the blues you posted such thread

What's your background ?

What's your intention?

No one mentioned anything about opposition party or pap for the past half a year at least

And suddenly you come on and start this nonsense

This is condosingapore. Not temasek review
    Probably from the IB (Internet Brigade) lah... so obvious.

Ask our dear CSI expert bro focus to dig out her/his background full set and laundry for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Probably from the IB (Internet Brigade) lah... so obvious.

Ask our dear CSI expert bro focus to dig out her/his background full set and laundry for all to see.
    Fully support. So many false assumptions in the statements of original poster.

Are you aware of how many oldies support which party? For all you know, it could be the reverse.

I will thrust them any day... esp the handsome ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I will thrust them any day... esp the handsome ones.
    LOL..... you are always so thrusting !

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    LOL..... you are always so thrusting !

I feel it's not entirely men's fault

Women tend to like married men who are successful

If he is good looking , lagi hot commodity

I feel it's not entirely men's fault

Women tend to like married men who are successful

If he is good looking , lagi hot commodity
    It takes 2 hands to clap.
    A politician should stay away from the opposite sex like plague unless he or she is the spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    It takes 2 hands to clap.
    A politician should stay away from the opposite sex like plague unless he or she is the spouse.
    talk is easy..

but the urge cannot be control depend on the circumstances, timing and scenario..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)