Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: positive year for singapore properties in 2013

Default positive year for singapore properties in 2013

"Sharply rising land costs, strong developer balance sheets and low interest rates should all conspire to make 2013 another halcyon year for the industry."

• Preliminary estimates showed a 0.3% GDP growth year-on-year (YoY), lower than the 2.5% increase in the preceding quarter.

• A record-breaking 19,792 new homes were sold over the last ten months, surpassing the historical record of 16,292 for the whole of 2010.

• Buyers may snap-up more than 4,000 executive condominiums (ECs) by year-end, creating a new record.

• Overseas purchases continued to be weighed down by the Additional Buyers’ Stamp Duty (ABSD).

• Shoebox demand declined in Q4 to a three-year low.

• The government released new guidelines on home-loan restrictions.

• The average price of luxury condos in Singapore posted a second quarterly rise in Q4.

• Prices of landed houses increased faster than condos this year.

• In 2013, mass-market, non-landed property prices could rise by 10% to 15%, while luxury properties may rise by 3% to 5%.

To invest now or to wait ? What your view?
    For details, please visit properties in singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sean see
    "Sharply rising land costs, strong developer balance sheets and low interest rates should all conspire to make 2013 another halcyon year for the industry."

• Preliminary estimates showed a 0.3% GDP growth year-on-year (YoY), lower than the 2.5% increase in the preceding quarter.

• A record-breaking 19,792 new homes were sold over the last ten months, surpassing the historical record of 16,292 for the whole of 2010.

• Buyers may snap-up more than 4,000 executive condominiums (ECs) by year-end, creating a new record.

• Overseas purchases continued to be weighed down by the Additional Buyers’ Stamp Duty (ABSD).

• Shoebox demand declined in Q4 to a three-year low.

• The government released new guidelines on home-loan restrictions.

• The average price of luxury condos in Singapore posted a second quarterly rise in Q4.

• Prices of landed houses increased faster than condos this year.

• In 2013, mass-market, non-landed property prices could rise by 10% to 15%, while luxury properties may rise by 3% to 5%.

To invest now or to wait ? What your view?
    AMAZING , brother !

How did u gathered so much info?

Kudos ! I totally agree

Just with that post, I clicked on his blog link.

However nothing much in there except for this (never heard of) VA Residences @ Boon Teck Rd... interesting.

Now people on the sidelines and having waited for a few years will start to think whether to buy now as prices are not going down. More people will join the bandwangon and buy and boost developer confidence to bid land at more aggressive prices. How can price go down?

Just look at the confirmed and reserve lists for 2013. How to bid lower?
    Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Now people on the sidelines and having waited for a few years will start to think whether to buy now as prices are not going down. More people will join the bandwangon and buy and boost developer confidence to bid land at more aggressive prices. How can price go down?

yes i totally agreed with you bro. and given the public housing still in demand, how would private property drops? would have to wait till 2015-2016 whereby public housing stablise. even if demand and supply of housing are met, it could only means the property prices stablise and not drop. so i would say that 2013 is still a gd year ahead for property investment. The market segment which look good will be city fringe area.

Why ????

simple rules of thumb. Properties are getting more and more expensive when it is near to the prime area D9,10,12.

City fringe area like Balestier, Gelyang are some of the worth area in investing.

why???

With sub-urban area like Hougang, serangoon, east coast, bedok area have easily transacted at 1500psf or more. and some are 99yrs. e.g eco one bedroom suites at 1500psf up. furthermore, the lastest land bid at tenah merah area by Keppel was $791ppr which was 48% higher than eco land which was $534ppr

can you imagine, what would be the breakeven price for that land?
    Yes you are rite!
    it will be ard $1500 provided it give standard quality of what eco is having now!

Currently D12 and 14 Balestier and geylang the city fringe area which most of them are freehold and yet there are only transcated at $1450psf avg. which means that if you have 800k it could bought you a 1 bedrm condo in sub urban area and city fringe area. Beside that, the neighbour like novena is transacted ard 2000-2100psf.

Do you think that these are the area worth in putting your $$ into?

you decide.

you decided.

Agreed with you that for the same psf.. freehold units at Balestier is worth looking at.. when many ppl are still blindly following the crowd to chiong for mass mkt 99-yr LH over at Bedok..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think you missed their message - they are saying:
    This time it is different, few people cares about CCR anymore since they mass market has MRT right beside them and with shopping malls will be worth as much, if not more, than CCR! CCR so ah-peh! CCR got no more land to develop, not like JLD or Payar Lebar or Tanah Merah or Bedok or Punggol which govt will further improve the infrastructure there....

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Agreed with you that for the same psf.. freehold units at Balestier is worth looking at.. when many ppl are still blindly following the crowd to chiong for mass mkt 99-yr LH over at Bedok..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Oh, I forgot to say that if people want to buy property in a place with a lot of land around to further develop and improve the infrastructure, they should buy in Iskandar J.B., sure got a lot of empty land around to enhance and improve the surrounding infrastructure tremendously!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    This time it is different, few people cares about CCR anymore since they mass market has MRT right beside them and with shopping malls will be worth as much, if not more, than CCR! CCR so ah-peh! CCR got no more land to develop, not like JLD or Payar Lebar or Tanah Merah or Bedok or Punggol which govt will further improve the infrastructure there....
    Originally Posted by Rysk

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Bro, last 2 years OCR cheong... CCR flat... So those who bot OCR have made money rite? Moving forward, you may be rite, CCR may go up more than OCR... It's all about making money wat... If you buy a 1,300 cc car and COE shoot from say 10 K to 70k. And if you buy 2,000cc car and Coe should from 60 k to 80k, which one more worth it????

So buy Merz means good ah??? Buy AP or Patek means good ah? Buy expensive blue chip means good ah? Or u want to buy stocks which are the next thing???

Blue chips may also get downgraded leh....

Paiseh, I not arguing hor, I also just giving my rationale... It's all about supply and demand... If the population increase is focused on pmet, where will they rent or buy? If the population increase is on the 'rich', where will they buy??

You can hamtam me... No problem, I here to learn... But honestly, I super blur one... More than half the time. I talk rubbish... Machiam now... Hahahaha

CCR is not in fashion. If CCR can sell well next year, some big developer wont bother trying to privatise a listed company. Muz look at e underlying reasons y OCR n RCR r in demand.

Let's talk abt ECs n city fringe BTOs...they r more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    CCR is not in fashion. If CCR can sell well next year, some big developer wont bother trying to privatise a listed company. Muz look at e underlying reasons y OCR n RCR r in demand.

Bro what do you think about the most exp bid in the recent EC land bid at punggol? The EC price is getting closer to those of the private of about 10-15% different. is it still worthwhile to buy EC than private given though that the EC still need to follow with HDB regualtion?
    e.g Hold for 5 yr before selling, within 5-10 can only sell to local etc...

Bro what do you think about the most exp bid in the recent EC land bid at punggol? The EC price is getting closer to those of the private of about 10-15% different. is it still worthwhile to buy EC than private given though that the EC still need to follow with HDB regualtion?
    e.g Hold for 5 yr before selling, within 5-10 can only sell to local etc...
    10-15% difference at more than $1 mil quantum is a lot of money. Couples use the savings to hoot big EC. You cant do that with PC.

There are Ppl who keep promoting about CCR....I'm not promoting. But merely pointing out the fact. To be frank, the gap of OCR and CCR might have closed up but, I also don't think it will ever cross over, just can't imagine that now, whether is it impossible or not, I don't have third eye. CCR maybe also growing, but at a very much slower pace for now....I mean for now. But how long will the trend cont, u make your own guess.

I just cannot imagine that old uncle or auntie are buying CCR when they retired. To rent, the yield is not there, to stay, amenities or maybe medical/elderly friendly care is also not there. Rather, there are a lot of rich old ppl buying OCR studio or HDB when they realize their profits and then, reinvesting other part of their money.

Who is buying CCR? Mainly for own stay or investment? U know the answer. If more and more foreigners buys OCR, what will happen next?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

yes i totally agreed with you bro. and given the public housing still in demand, how would private property drops? would have to wait till 2015-2016 whereby public housing stablise. even if demand and supply of housing are met, it could only means the property prices stablise and not drop. so i would say that 2013 is still a gd year ahead for property investment. The market segment which look good will be city fringe area.

Why ????

simple rules of thumb. Properties are getting more and more expensive when it is near to the prime area D9,10,12.

City fringe area like Balestier, Gelyang are some of the worth area in investing.

why???

With sub-urban area like Hougang, serangoon, east coast, bedok area have easily transacted at 1500psf or more. and some are 99yrs. e.g eco one bedroom suites at 1500psf up. furthermore, the lastest land bid at tenah merah area by Keppel was $791ppr which was 48% higher than eco land which was $534ppr

can you imagine, what would be the breakeven price for that land?
    Yes you are rite!
    it will be ard $1500 provided it give standard quality of what eco is having now!

Currently D12 and 14 Balestier and geylang the city fringe area which most of them are freehold and yet there are only transcated at $1450psf avg. which means that if you have 800k it could bought you a 1 bedrm condo in sub urban area and city fringe area. Beside that, the neighbour like novena is transacted ard 2000-2100psf.

Do you think that these are the area worth in putting your $$ into?

you decide.

you decided.
    If thomson line didnt bypass Balestier, the place will be worth considering. As for Geylang, it will always be geylang.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    There are Ppl who keep promoting about CCR....I'm not promoting. But merely pointing out the fact. To be frank, the gap of OCR and CCR might have closed up but, I also don't think it will ever cross over, just can't imagine that now, whether is it impossible or not, I don't have third eye. CCR maybe also growing, but at a very much slower pace for now....I mean for now. But how long will the trend cont, u make your own guess.

I just cannot imagine that old uncle or auntie are buying CCR when they retired. To rent, the yield is not there, to stay, amenities or maybe medical/elderly friendly care is also not there. Rather, there are a lot of rich old ppl buying OCR studio or HDB when they realize their profits and then, reinvesting other part of their money.

Who is buying CCR? Mainly for own stay or investment? U know the answer. If more and more foreigners buys OCR, what will happen next?
    CCR is more prestigious and most are FH. Good for parking cash. Average person like me prefer RCR and OCR, and JB

CCR properties, especially those small units, will always be in demand because when foreigners come to Singapore, they will always search from the City Center first before moving out to other region, the same principle when we try to search for hotels when we go for holiday.

If you want rental yield, get those small units next to MRT. You can never go wrong with that.

There are Ppl who keep promoting about CCR....I'm not promoting. But merely pointing out the fact. To be frank, the gap of OCR and CCR might have closed up but, I also don't think it will ever cross over, just can't imagine that now, whether is it impossible or not, I don't have third eye.
    Certain ocr/rcr projects can become more expensive than some ccr projects.

There are also Ppl who keep promoting about OCR or RCR..........

no need to promote la, that is where the demand is now...reports everywhere, transactions can be seen. No need to tell u that rite? OCR so many districts...
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    There are also Ppl who keep promoting about OCR or RCR..........

That is due to new sales by developers, ie driven by herd mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Certain ocr/rcr projects can become more expensive than some ccr projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    If thomson line didnt bypass Balestier, the place will be worth considering. As for Geylang, it will always be geylang.
    Balestier = no MRT + no shopping mall + lots of budget hotel + lot of MM development + mostly tiny plot of land supply. Only a major development on a larger piece of land will be able to initiate a decisive transformation. Can anyone tell where will this piece of land be within balestier area?

Hi Keyboard Warriors,

As you are promoting this and that in cyber space, CCR prices have started moving liao ...
    Stop this promotion thing la! You also not Courts or Giant, everyday got promotion...

The theory is very simple. This is call the theory of concentration, I will only post this once, if u see this, good for u. For those who miss this, too bad lor...

Loong looong ago, with every unit in 9,10,11, there are 500 units in Balestier Bishan, etc, and 5,000 units in Punggol, Selatar and those birds dont lay eggs places... The determines the prices of each of these areas. Human beings (esp Singaporeans) are easy to predict (in general), they love to "upgrade" and be THE BEST. Our obsession with upgrades make it such that those stay Punggol wants to move to bishan, so 5,000 units will chase 500 units, price pressures built.

Now fast forward to now, with every unit 9,10,11, there are 1,000 units in B&B and 10,000 or 20,000 units in Pung and Sele. Pressure will build up in time... and prices will then "concentrate" (not the apple or orange juices hor, its prices)...

The rest I leave it to the smart folks to deduce.

DKSG
    Just an Office Boy

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78
    Balestier = no MRT + no shopping mall + lots of budget hotel + lot of MM development + mostly tiny plot of land supply. Only a major development on a larger piece of land will be able to initiate a decisive transformation. Can anyone tell where will this piece of land be within balestier area?
    Before we go on and on and on, we just need people to declare are they vested in Balestier or not, then we will know why people say this say that ...

Vested means own properties there, bargirls not included as vested.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Hi Keyboard Warriors,

As you are promoting this and that in cyber space, CCR prices have started moving liao ...
    Stop this promotion thing la! You also not Courts or Giant, everyday got promotion...

The theory is very simple. This is call the theory of concentration, I will only post this once, if u see this, good for u. For those who miss this, too bad lor...

Loong looong ago, with every unit in 9,10,11, there are 500 units in Balestier Bishan, etc, and 5,000 units in Punggol, Selatar and those birds dont lay eggs places... The determines the prices of each of these areas. Human beings (esp Singaporeans) are easy to predict (in general), they love to "upgrade" and be THE BEST. Our obsession with upgrades make it such that those stay Punggol wants to move to bishan, so 5,000 units will chase 500 units, price pressures built.

Now fast forward to now, with every unit 9,10,11, there are 1,000 units in B&B and 10,000 or 20,000 units in Pung and Sele. Pressure will build up in time... and prices will then "concentrate" (not the apple or orange juices hor, its prices)...

DKSG
    Just an Office Boy

HENG ARH ! I DID NOT MISS THIS.

Disclaimers: I AM VESTED in D5,D9,D10 and D15

Before we go on and on and on, we just need people to declare are they vested in Balestier or not, then we will know why people say this say that ...

DKSG
    Your Good English Standard does not manifest that You are an Office Boy.

Hi Keyboard Warriors,

DKSG
    Just an Office Boy
    Office boi so pro.. should upgrade ur status. Too degrading to do office work riaox. Unless your laopei owns the company n you are an office boi boi in his building... then can understand lar

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Your Good English Standard does not manifest that You are an Office Boy.
    Forgot to mention all these times, I am the high end, D9,10,11 category of office boy ... haha!

Thanks for giving your humble fan your precious attention - very much appreciated. Made my day (which I didnt go showflat - coz raining).

DKSG

DKSG
    What abt those agents?

would it be positive for Americans too?

Ride at your own risk !!!