Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D10 CCR vs D16 OCR MM Rental Performance

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Aiya, u all think too much lah. Tenant staying in optima same as tenant staying in rv suites or not? Professional working at east side, changi side makes no sense to stay rv suites, just like professional working at shenton way makes no sense staying at optima. Think too much already. Feels like it, just buy.
    Only one 1-bedder in market, asking 850k. Can rent 2.8-3?
    Only one 700sqft compact 2-bedder asking 1.05mil, can rent 3.5 only. That's $1500 psf...
    So rental yield is only 4% before deduct anything nia.

Yesterday I had some time to see house, feel the market.

I wanted to see casa merah but not managed as agent busy. So she sent me a website to refer. Guess what, that website got old profile. Same 2-bedder unit was asking 928k yet still can nego. 2 years later, she is asking $1.26mil! $300k more within 2 years!

The unit was rented at $3500/Mth only.

Everbody factored the new mall, new land selling price... Hot hot hot everywhere in this tiny island...

Now let's see how long will the music last, who will be caught when music stop out of sudden

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Yesterday I had some time to see house, feel the market.

I wanted to see casa merah but not managed as agent busy. So she sent me a website to refer. Guess what, that website got old profile. Same 2-bedder unit was asking 928k yet still can nego. 2 years later, she is asking $1.26mil! $300k more within 2 years!

The unit was rented at $3500/Mth only.

Everbody factored the new mall, new land selling price... Hot hot hot everywhere in this tiny island...

Now let's see how long will the music last, who will be caught when music stop out of sudden
    new mall in tanah merah? east village?

the plot in between UV & optima zoned commercial
    But not on GLS list yet

Quote Originally Posted by price
    new mall in tanah merah? east village?
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    But not on GLS list yet
    Not in GLS list yet? Aiyoh, all agents from optimas, casa merah, even Eco all say loud loud for this leh...

So 1.5-1.6psf is standard price, 1.2psf consider super cheap??

I remember when silver sea launch at 1.2psf, everybody said FEO greedy, siao...

Both mcm and I are advocating 1br or 2br MMs as safe bets in current climate Buying big 2br at current market price is in danger of working for the bank for whole life it is just that RV CCR probably can break even faster than OCR Optima 15y down the road

even at 1m (1050psf), net yield is only 3% for 2br 9xxsqft ... if buy at 1.1m, the yield then drops to 2.5% .. if buy at 1.2m, yield drops to 2%
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    But not on GLS list yet
    huh commercial straight = Shopping centre meh?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Both mcm and I are advocating 1br or 2br MMs as safe bets in current climate Buying big 2br at current market price is in danger of working for the bank for whole life it is just that RV CCR probably can break even faster than OCR Optima 15y down the road
    unfair! mcm is forever on for 1 bedders!

even at 1m (1050psf), net yield is only 3% for 2br 9xxsqft ... if buy at 1.1m, the yield then drops to 2.5% .. if buy at 1.2m, yield drops to 2%
    If 2-bedder is rented at 3.5k, will one like to rent 1-bedder at 2.8 or 3k?

2.8x12/850k = 3.9%?? Still have meat?

850k? Eco's SOHO ah?

ECO 1br is only 7xxk ... where got 850k so expensive??

me is very scare to enter now..

only got 1 bullet.. cannot anyhow play play
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

ECO 1br is only 7xxk ... where got 850k so expensive??
    Eco only top few years later. Optima only got one 1-br left, asking 850k. 奇货可居.

Eco only top few years later. Optima only got one 1-br left, asking 850k. 奇货可居.
    Then buy ECO or Urban Vista loh ... 850k 1br Optima will be a hard sell

Then buy ECO or Urban Vista loh ... 850k 1br Optima will be a hard sell
    If someone look for instant rental, then may bite. But 2-3 years waiting time to save 150-200k is still worthy haha!

I'm very tempted to buy MM after seeing quite a few forumers recommending MMs.

I know MM is very easy to rent out, but I like to know whether it is easy to sell too?

Not enough supply now esp FH or 999 LH. Even new launch geylang MM is ard $1400 psf With psf rising, MM is e way to go. Shd b easy to sell if within 10min walk to MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies

I know MM is very easy to rent out, but I like to know whether it is easy to sell too?
    Do homework for you:

Monthly breakdown of sales transactions for new/sub/re-sales 09 till 12.

Note:
    -New Sales are brisk but the ratio of sub/resale to new sale is still on a low side.
    -About 80% of resale/subsale transactions are in Central Region
    Central Region:
    http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ccr.pdf

Central Region: Central Region comprises the following 22 Planning Areas : Downtown Core, Orchard, Marina East, Marina South, Museum, Newton, Outram, River Valley, Rochor, Singapore River, Straits View, Bishan, Bukit Merah, Bukit Timah, Geylang, Kallang, Marine Parade, Novena, Queenstown, Southern Islands, Tanglin and Toa Payoh.

A few factors:
    - MM traditionally in Central areas which might be due to the higher percentage
    - MM sales vol starts to trend up only in 09, with higher peaks till Q1 2012.

Now is your time to do your own homework

Depends on project or location ... Maybe a good gauge would be seeing the sales trend when newly launched. Some projects the bigger units tend to move faster the the MMs while some others the MMs were the first to be snapped up.

Investors are hungry for yield. If the rental yield is good (ie easy to rent at good price) there will be demand from buyers.

The question is whether the yield will continue to be good. There you need to do your homework.

Is there a lot of supply coming? The garment has already helped to curb the supply....

Will there be continued demand? Where is the demand from? What tenants profile do you expect from that area?

Thank you everyone for your advices and comments.
    Yes I need to go do my own homework

Yo helpful forumers, a few more questions: Is 550sqft 1 bedder consider an MM or a normal size 1 bedder? Does a "normal" 1 bedder command better rental than a MM 1 bedder or actually there's no differences?

Yo helpful forumers, a few more questions: Is 550sqft 1 bedder consider an MM or a normal size 1 bedder? Does a "normal" 1 bedder command better rental than a MM 1 bedder or actually there's no differences?
    Typically only below 500 sf considered MM. 550 is pretty huge for 1 bedder. Depends on location and price. I presume this must be EC type.

Do put yourself in the shoes of your tenant(s), and you will get your answer.

MM is to be bought not sold.

Soon its gonna be extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    MM is to be bought not sold.

Soon its gonna be extinct.
    Wouldn't be extinct as long as there is demand.... No control in the city area.

Archipelago 1-bedder 527 sq ft @ $599,999

Considered MM or not?

Realistic (not optimistic) rent: $2500 pm will give 5%

Not a great deal of competition around this area (many are 1+S around Bedok Reservoir) and very likely looking for higher rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Do homework for you:

Monthly breakdown of sales transactions for new/sub/re-sales 09 till 12.

Note:
    -New Sales are brisk but the ratio of sub/resale to new sale is still on a low side.
    -About 80% of resale/subsale transactions are in Central Region
    Central Region:
    http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ccr.pdf

Central Region: Central Region comprises the following 22 Planning Areas : Downtown Core, Orchard, Marina East, Marina South, Museum, Newton, Outram, River Valley, Rochor, Singapore River, Straits View, Bishan, Bukit Merah, Bukit Timah, Geylang, Kallang, Marine Parade, Novena, Queenstown, Southern Islands, Tanglin and Toa Payoh.

A few factors:
    - MM traditionally in Central areas which might be due to the higher percentage
    - MM sales vol starts to trend up only in 09, with higher peaks till Q1 2012.

Now is your time to do your own homework
    thanks for the post..

hope i can be landlord in my lifetime..

*pray that i strike toto*
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Archipelago 1-bedder 527 sq ft @ $599,999

Considered MM or not?

Realistic (not optimistic) rent: $2500 pm will give 5%

Not a great deal of competition around this area (many are 1+S around Bedok Reservoir) and very likely looking for higher rent.
    Yes, I believe can fetch higher after the DTL is up.

I also think there will be resale value for 1br at Bedok reservoir as the supply is rather scarce there. Target grp would be retirees, singles or young couples who appreciate being near the nature, amenities and mrt.

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    thanks for the post..

hope i can be landlord in my lifetime..

*pray that i strike toto*
    Start from small. 300k can buy 1mil pc with 80% loan or 2 small MM, one for own stay one for rental. You are still young!

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Wouldn't be extinct as long as there is demand.... No control in the city area.
    Not many FH or 999LH launches.