Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold

Default Gold

I was wrong in gold price, as it is unlikely to hit $2000 by end of this year Looks like it will hover around $1700 by end of 2012. Nonetheless it is still quite a margin above what I paid for

cheers!

everyone onboard huat together!!!

goodbye 2012! 2013 will be huatter!

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I was wrong in gold price, as it is unlikely to hit $2000 by end of this year Looks like it will hover around $1700 by end of 2012. Nonetheless it is still quite a margin above what I paid for
    bro, you bought physical gold ?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    bro, you bought physical gold ?
    Physical. Gold certificates seem to be fake to me and could be a reason behind the lower appreciation of gold price. I'm quite sure a large percentage of certificates is just a piece of paper and marketing.

hmm...
    is it safe to keep it at home?

how about those deposit box in bank? how much do they charge to keep for us?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    hmm...
    is it safe to keep it at home?

how about those deposit box in bank? how much do they charge to keep for us?
    Not sure. I don't trust the banks. Just act poor outside and lock your house property

It really depends when one would buy the gold bar. What is the opportunity cost if using the money to leverage for other investment?
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

V volatile. Dun hold too much as price is quite high now.

To those who are familar buying physical PURE GOLD (999.9). Pls help me to understand more about physical GOLD (999.9).

100 gram of PURE GOLD
    ===============
    POH HENG Buy @ $8100+7% GST
    Sell back to them @ $8100 - 5% charges
    Sell NON-Poh heng to them. gold $8100-18%

MAXI-Cash Buy @ $7200. No GST
    Sell back to them @ $6300 No GST

Money Max Buy @$7300. No GST
    Sell back to them @6500. No GST

UOB GOLD - Buy @ $6870 (Cant remember actual amt) NO GST
    sell back to them @ $6870 - 2% (cant remember actual %)

Base on the above PURE GOLD pricing from Pawnshop , Jewellery shop & UOB GOLD. Look like it is more worth to buy from UOB GOLD.

Is UOB GOLD COIN a better value than 100g gold bar in term of capital appreciation in Long run.
    Any other form UOB gold is of better value than bar & coin ?

I hv wanted to buy small amt of Gold in HK. But look like I also need to declare & pay GST 7%. I drop the idea.

Pls do not recommend GOLD GUARANNTEE company.They propose a beautiful investment to buy their gold > $9500 + monthly payout. I propose to them I sell my OWN GOLD to them. Of course they rejected.

rdgs,
    Vic

Personally to me, buying gold is too troublesome.

I would rather invest in equities. Easier to deal, no storage problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Personally to me, buying gold is too troublesome.

I would rather invest in equities. Easier to deal, no storage problem.
    gold is a whole different ball game. it is for preservation.

gold can keep in a safe in own house. of coz safe deposit box also can. but after what happened to DBS HK.. nothing is safe

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    To those who are familar buying physical PURE GOLD (999.9). Pls help me to understand more about physical GOLD (999.9).

100 gram of PURE GOLD
    ===============

Base on the above PURE GOLD pricing from Pawnshop , Jewellery shop & UOB GOLD. Look like it is more worth to buy from UOB GOLD.

Is UOB GOLD COIN a better value than 100g gold bar in term of capital appreciation in Long run.

I hv wanted to buy small amt of Gold in HK. But look like I also need to declare & pay GST 7%. I drop the idea.

Pls do not recommend GOLD GUARANNTEE company.They propose a beautiful investment to buy their gold > $9500 + monthly payout. I propose to them I sell my OWN GOLD to them. Of course they rejected.

rdgs,
    Vic
    I will buy from UOB as it is a bank and promises buy back. Others I'm not too sure. Gold guarantee companies like Genneva gold seem dubious to me http://www.malaysia-today.net/mtcolu...0-things-to-do

https://uniservices1.uobgroup.com/se...560&height=400

the price difference between 1kg physical and cert is $40, which can be recover in 2 years time, there is "holding cost" for cer, about $20.

if you buy UOB physical, remember to keep the certificate, if you dont have certificate when you sell, they buy back lower.

Got somebody in front of queue ask what if UOB sell fake gold bar, the tellers at the Gold department were surprisingly knowledgable about fake gold (tungsten core) bar that has fooled gold shops.
    The tellers say if customer assay the physical gold bar, they will not guarantee, ie they will claim it is not theirs.
    So UOB wrap gold bar in plastic and give receipt with serial number of gold bar. So if you buy gold bar from UOB, dont remove the wrapping and keep receipt.
    Last edited by hopeful; 19-12-12 at 15:20.

Buy art best , beg tan swie hian to sell you at discount then flip his painting for millions at auction

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    look like big sell off started..
    probably the start of the minor correction..

triple top...

3rd attempt to break above FAILED..

big sell down coming

what price do you guys think gold will correct to?

1300?
    1250?
    1200?
    1000?

Bloomberg ‎- 7 minutes ago
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...ver-gains.html

Gold futures fell to the lowest since August after a report showed the U.S. economy grew more than forecast last quarter, damping expectations that the Federal Reserve will expand monetary stimulus.
    The U.S. grew at a 3.1 percent annual rate in the third quarter, more than previously reported and exceeding all projections in a Bloomberg survey, Commerce Department figures showed. The Fed said Dec. 12 it will boost its main stimulus tool by adding $45 billion of monthly Treasury purchases to an existing pledge of $40 billion in mortgage debt a month. The program is its third round of debt buying, known as quantitative easing, aimed at spurring growth.

“The GDP number was better than forecast, so the thinking is that improving conditions in the economy might mean a light at the end of the tunnel on when the Fed will end QE3,” Phil Streible, a senior commodity broker at R.J. O’Brien & Associates in Chicago, said in a telephone interview.
    Gold futures for February delivery fell 1 percent to $1,650.80 an ounce at 9:48 a.m. on the Comex in New York, after touching $1,647.30, the lowest since Aug. 31. Through yesterday, the price was up 6.4 percent this year.
    The metal is poised to close below its 200-day moving average near $1,668, a bearish signal to some analysts who study historical price patterns. A close below the level means gold could drop to $1,535 by the end of the first quarter, Dave Lutz, the head of exchange-traded fund trading and strategy at Stifel Nicolaus & Co. in Baltimore, said yesterday.

Annual Gains
    As of yesterday, prices surged 89 percent since the end of December 2008 as the Fed kept borrowing costs at a record low and bought debt. Bullion is heading for a 12th annual gain after central banks from the U.S. to China and Europe took action to prop up economies.

Holdings in gold-backed exchange-traded products increased to a record 2,631.79 metric tons yesterday, data tracked by Bloomberg show. They’ve expanded 12 percent this year.

Silver futures for March delivery tumbled 2.9 percent to $30.215 an ounce on the Comex. Earlier, the metal touched $30.05, the lowest since Aug. 23.

The ratio of silver’s price to gold climbed to 54.74, the highest since August.

Spot silver below 30

Uob buy back at lower price too; bank sell / bank buy px different
    https://uniservices1.uobgroup.com/se...ver_prices.jsp
    Also if u want to sell back to uob, u need to keep the gold bar wrapped in original seal & keep original receipt
    If either missing, think either they buy at even lower price or dun buy back (can't remember which)

If unseal, can sell to prawn shop or gold shop too

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584

100 gram of PURE GOLD
    ===============

rdgs,
    Vic
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Gold is down....

what's a good lvl to buy in

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Gold is down....
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    what's a good lvl to buy in
    I am looking at around 1530
    cut if breaks 1490

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I am looking at around 1530
    cut if breaks 1490

Gold down means equity is up!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Gold down means equity is up!
    equity as in stock market?

my prediction..

1.a fake bull breakout upward above 1800 first..

2. then market reverse totalling downward and break 15xx

Waiting for the falling gold?

era of big inflation is coming.. MTBs will miss the boat.

careful of catching heavy goldbars, dont get dragged down by it

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    era of big inflation is coming.. MTBs will miss the boat.

careful of catching heavy goldbars, dont get dragged down by it
    what is MTB?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Waiting for the falling gold?
    not going to fall is it?

Qe4 has no effect on gold price.

I believe equities will be a good bet in 2013. Yes, i am slowly accumulating.

should not hold more than 10% gold in entire portfolio.