View Poll Results: Why do you buy OCR when you can afford CCR?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Safe rental yield in this uncertain time

8 32.00%
  • More potential for growth e.g. JLD / 4th university

11 44.00%
  • Cannot afford CCR

12 48.00%
  • Others - please explain

4 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why many forumers buy OCR instead of CCR?!

Default Why many forumers buy OCR instead of CCR?!

I noticed many forumers here bought OCR instead of CCR ... am sure it is not just issue of affordability...care to share why?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

affordability... cannot get the same big space for same price at CCR.

but going forward i dunno, as OCR new launches since 2010 also shranked in sizes. Maybe that's why some people aim JB.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I noticed many forumers here bought OCR instead of CCR ... am sure it is not just issue of affordability...care to share why?
    coz already have ccr mah. sometimes must eat veggie too

one ccr can buy 3 ocr.

no brainer when it comes to investment for cashflow.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    affordability... cannot get the same big space for same price at CCR.

but going forward i dunno, as OCR new launches since 2010 also shranked in sizes. Maybe that's why some people aim JB.
    shrank or shrunk. no such word as shranked.

Cannot afford CCR ..

in fact, me cannot afford 2-3br ocr also
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

all i can say as a virgin to ocr is that it's freaking scary to buy ocr. it's almost as if normal fundamentals do not exist for buyers in those areas. for eg why are people paying 1200-1300psf to stay next to industrial estates? or 1300-1400psf for places that have an incessant supply of condos coming up? i've even seen people who don't even bargain at property showrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    all i can say as a virgin to ocr is that it's freaking scary to buy ocr. it's almost as if normal fundamentals do not exist for buyers in those areas. for eg why are people paying 1200-1300psf to stay next to industrial estates? or 1300-1400psf for places that have an incessant supply of condos coming up? i've even seen people who don't even bargain at property showrooms.
    bro gfoo u buy penthouse sure can bargain lah ... if buy 1br/2br it is very hard to bargain with FEO ... but they have referral scheme loh

are u hinting at S* (industrial estate) and T* (non-stop supply) but Forestkill also upcoming supply mah

if you say scary buying OCR ... how about buying all the HDBs at 1m or 1.33m?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    one ccr can buy 3 ocr.

no brainer when it comes to investment for cashflow.
    bro mcm not true lah, Optima 1br 500sqft already 800k ... Cyan freehold 6xxsqft only 1.3m ... ok lah Optima nearer to MRT

that's why I really scratch my head

bro gfoo u buy penthouse sure can bargain lah ... if buy 1br/2br it is very hard to bargain with FEO ... but they have referral scheme loh

are u hinting at S* (industrial estate) and T* (non-stop supply) but Forestkill also upcoming supply mah

if you say scary buying OCR ... how about buying all the HDBs at 1m or 1.33m?
    all ocr supply zhui zhui, forestkill also cannot escape lah

Waterbank studio rcr still selling below 800k ...oops pee cah secret

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    Cannot afford CCR ..

in fact, me cannot afford 2-3br ocr also
    Not true. Check out the prices for d'Leedon. They could be cheaper than some of the newly launched or launching OCR.

Maybe I blur sotong, but I cannot get the floor plans of d'Leedon. I am not looking to buy hor, just kp.

another potential reason could be CCR lacking of new launches so attention diverted

marketing engine full power at OCR

another potential reason could be CCR lacking of new launches so attention diverted

marketing engine full power at OCR
    let every region have their turn in the limelight la!

like some bro said, sg is so small, the whole dam* island is a city

we need to have a macro view like the foreign investors. can't be 井底蛙

Singaporeans buy condo like go wet market buy vegetables, must be cheap and good, fresh, and eg Bukit timah and chua chu Kang also not v far away, so if cheaper by alot , kaka wack cck! Some more mrt so convenient, and shopping at doorstep!! Why die die must pay tru ur nose for orchard road condos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    Singaporeans buy condo like go wet market buy vegetables, must be cheap and good, fresh, and eg Bukit timah and chua chu Kang also not v far away, so if cheaper by alot , kaka wack cck! Some more mrt so convenient, and shopping at doorstep!! Why die die must pay tru ur nose for orchard road condos!!!
    Its like buying bag from Charles & Keith vs a bag from Hermes. Both are bags. It is the prestige. if orchard condo has same psf (&price) as a condo at tanah merah or cck who in their right mind will buy tanah merah or cck.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Its like buying bag from Charles & Keith vs a bag from Hermes. Both are bags. It is the prestige. if orchard condo has same psf (&price) as a condo at tanah merah or cck who in their right mind will buy tanah merah or cck.

Exactly

I also cannot understand.

My first condo was a LH in cck area.
    When mkt started to move up in 2006 cck barely moved. Took many more years to register any increase in psf

I dunno this time round is it still going to be like that

As MM King said, 3M factors

If got mall, mrt, MM in far far away north east, also can sell sky high.

We can only buy one for the own stay, the rest, have to look for rental yield and capital appreciation potential.

Can't only see the psf, must see the quantum and the layout design. Few years back big layout come with baywindows everywhere, even in toilet, end up we have to pay more for the actual livable space.

It is more on which district u are in and whether the district got future development coming or not. CCK also got mrt, mall but condo near it price are not high.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Exactly

I also cannot understand.

My first condo was a LH in cck area.
    When mkt started to move up in 2006 cck barely moved. Took many more years to register any increase in psf

I dunno this time round is it still going to be like that
    cck definitely has potential to go much higher. hold is recommended......

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Not true. Check out the prices for d'Leedon. They could be cheaper than some of the newly launched or launching OCR.

Maybe I blur sotong, but I cannot get the floor plans of d'Leedon. I am not looking to buy hor, just kp.
    me don't like d'leedon
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Those who bought OCR since 2011 has yet to really made a profit, take note of this.
    On paper , you see selling px of new OCR projects is going higher and higher, this pushes many ordinary sporeans enter this game. OCR pties have lower quantum, the easiest to enter.
    Come 2015 when most of them are completed, 4y SSD is over, you will see if any capital gain to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Those who bought OCR since 2011 has yet to really made a profit, take note of this.
    On paper , you see selling px of new OCR projects is going higher and higher, this pushes many ordinary sporeans enter this game. OCR pties have lower quantum, the easiest to enter.
    Come 2015 when most of them are completed, 4y SSD is over, you will see if any capital gain to be made.
    Bro, 2011 I think no props went up leh? OCR, RCR, CCR...

Those 2010 then make money....

play only when you are savvy investor..

don't anyhow jump in..

Quote Originally Posted by star
    It is more on which district u are in and whether the district got future development coming or not. CCK also got mrt, mall but condo near it price are not high.
    One key thing is easy to rent out MM. cck no big biz park correct?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    competition will b supertight, unless FT tap loosen even more then

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    competition will b supertight, unless FT tap loosen even more then
    my take is you will still have tenant but rental income will drop la ...

dear boy, as gd as not saying anything rite, u rent condo whole unit 1k of coz tenants will b queueing up duhz

ey btw handsome, now that we all seen Travis handsome face, can i know and for the sake of all eligible meimei here lurking to find golden turtle,

are u more handsome than him?

wah lao..
    u think i expose laguna's son is it?