Thread: reasons why the older generation are so easy life with housing...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default reasons why the older generation are so easy life with housing...

reasons why the older generation are so easy life with housing...

a) last time housing was relatively cheaper, if you compare housing price vs salary, salary is always lagging behind...

b) last time employer and employee both contribute 25% each to cpf,... and last time also no SA & MA ??... no cpf-min-sum ??...

c) last time life expectancy was 70+, so govt could only squeeze you until 55. Now you long live to 80+, so govt squeezing you until 65 with longer loan. So older generation typically paid off mortgage at around 50+ and can go for 2nd property (while banks loan you up to 75yrs)

d) last time less tax, lower/no GST, no coe,...

e) last time don’t have 6x kiasu CMs…

f) last time police wear shorts, so the gdp was much stronger, and little risks holding properties

please add on to the list...

last time u get fresher air & vege..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Last time out regional neighbors are sleeping, so Singapore economy can cheong easier.

Last time not much entertainment, so there are many babies, so need 2 is enough policy

We are close to hitting the limit on land and costs will go up exponentially - simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    We are close to hitting the limit on land and costs will go up exponentially - simple as that.
    yea..me very afraid of what is coming...
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

[quote=hyenergix]We are close to hitting the limit on land and costs will go up exponentially - simple as that.[/quot

Last time we 2.x mil population. Actually, this one is not very last time ... quite recently only ...

DKSG

Last time students go to school to study. Just pay school misc fees.
    Now students have to pay expensive tuition fees to revise what was supposed to be taught in school. Ask any parent with school going student., the killer schooling expense is tuition fees.

If you have pre-school kids - the preschool fees is another killer. Lastt ime kids start schooling at 6 years old - K! or K2.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Yes agree. From the way they build land supply will dry up sooner than we know. Next time kids might have to stay with parents.

Long time ago, interest rate was pretty steep.

when I was young, living in kampong, fresh air fresh fish fresh vege with mother caring for me, play spider play until shirt dirty, now kid eats junk like McD or donuts, eat hormone chicken and pork, tuition starts from k1, no play only homework, parents stressed by million dollar housing, 100k Coe, buy insurance pay doctor

Quality of life better for middle class??
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    when I was young, living in kampong,fresh air fresh fish fresh vege with mother caring for me, play spider play until shirt dirty, now kid eats junk like McD or donuts, eat hormone chicken and pork, tuition starts from k1, no play only homework

Upward social mobility is lesser for lower and middle class now. But kids nowadays do not know what they are missing. Juz like last time I was from poor family background but I didn't feel it

when I was young, living in kampong, fresh air fresh fish fresh vege with mother caring for me, play spider play until shirt dirty, now kid eats junk like McD or donuts, eat hormone chicken and pork, tuition starts from k1, no play only homework, parents stressed by million dollar housing, 100k Coe, buy insurance pay doctor

You are quite lucky. Many of my peers had to sacrifice their further studies and work to support their siblings during my time.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis

b) last time employer and employee both contribute 25% each to cpf,... and last time also no SA & MA ??... no cpf-min-sum ??...

please add on to the list...
    although true, but dun forget last time wages also damn low. so low wage + high cpf, i dunno net effect is how much lah.

+1 my grandparent who grow up in those kampong life are still kicking ass!

as for future generation, they will not have the energy to kick ass easily..

They will grow old with alot of illness & probably disability !
    time will tell!

there are lot of yummy foods place in front of you in the city. But remember you are what you eat, eventually!

my heart skip abit when i read about people eat one big piece of half cook beef or steak.. really not the way!

No use lamenting the better days past. The people of last time also said the people of last last time had a better deal.

Do you seriously want to live without internet, where you get free advice from more than professional bros and sis? Where news is almost free and when smartphones allow access to so many apps like maps?

The people of tomorrow will lament that we have a better deal today.

IMO, our education system should teach the children not to blindly trust the media ... recently there was a garmen initiative to control fast food company's TV ads targeting children ... this has been going on for 20y ... our garmen now only wake up??!!

The perception about improving quality of life is an illusion for Singapore middle class --- phantom of the opera
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    my heart skip abit when i read about people eat one big piece of half cook beef or steak.. really not the way!
    bro, you sound like you are one healthy guy!

The air we inhale today is different from last time.

IMO, our education system should teach the children not to blindly trust the media ... recently there was a garmen initiative to control fast food company's TV ads targeting children ... this has been going on for 20y ... our garmen now only wake up??!!

The perception about improving quality of life is an illusion for Singapore middle class --- phantom of the opera
    Given a choice, many would not want to go back to the past. How many youngsters are willing to farm the land these days?

Last time in the 70s when ppl purchase & stay 5-rm flat (instead of 3-rm or 4-rm).. Can show-off abit.. & ppl who stayed 3-rm heard that you stay 5-rm will.. Wow!!