Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk of recovery of high end market is it bull?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    thanks so much bro. response so fast somemore. just wanted to confirm with bro amk that there are units which were sold at < 1000psf.
    Ok I stand corrcected on this thanks dtrax for the info.

i also think most are buying without considering fully the consequences of lower liquidity and the restrictions. as bro DKSG pointed out, many are buying to beat the low interest rates in banks and maybe from losing too much punting in the stock mkt.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    The story are all the same.
    In 2007, CCR prices jumped in months. Ppl see making money so easy, those who can afford all jumped in. Traditional investors do home work, check location, check developer, check design, finish, etc. new investors just flock to buy.
    Today, I see many ordinary sporeans are attracted to "pty investment" for the same reason.
    You can make money everywhere you invest. But not when you just follow the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It really depends when and where you bought the CCR unit.
    My CCR MM monthly mortgage is $1.2k. I dare dare drop rental to 1.3k also cover mortgage, u think at $1.3 k, flanked by great world, valley point, few bus stop to orchard or cbd, can fight for tenant? Can survive? Given my pricing will tenant who work inc bd will choose ocr? Anyone get the underlying meaning? If yes, good for u. Today i also good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Just a newbie like to share my thoughts see whether it make any sense

1. For CCR rental yield maybe not so impt as buyer pay in full without taking loan?
    2. Follow from pt 1, CCR investor are looking at long term capital gain?
    3. Rental yield impt for RCR/OCR buyers as they need the cash flow?

Feel free to comment and discuss
    See my post above, i am sure most of ur quenstions answered.

i also think most are buying without considering fully the consequences of lower liquidity and the restrictions. as bro DKSG pointed out, many are buying to beat the low interest rates in banks and maybe from losing too much punting in the stock mkt.
    For those who have seen the Echelon cheongsters doing Gangnam style @ Redhill, you will swallow your statements about High End staying flat.

If you have been going to showflats, you will certainly know that foreigners are starting to come back!

I can only say (from my office comfy chair) : Sit tight!~ The gush of cheongsters local and foreigners are coming !!! Big time !!!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    For those who have seen the Echelon cheongsters doing Gangnam style @ Redhill, you will swallow your statements about High End staying flat.

If you have been going to showflats, you will certainly know that foreigners are starting to come back!

I can only say (from my office comfy chair) : Sit tight!~ The gush of cheongsters local and foreigners are coming !!! Big time !!!

DKSG
    wa!

still got people buying?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Just a newbie like to share my thoughts see whether it make any sense

1. For CCR rental yield maybe not so impt as buyer pay in full without taking loan?
    2. Follow from pt 1, CCR investor are looking at long term capital gain?
    3. Rental yield impt for RCR/OCR buyers as they need the cash flow?

Feel free to comment and discuss
    I see yield as related to potential capital gain. If a property is offering low yield, it is likely to be overvalued, simply because it is not sustainable in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    wa!

still got people buying?
    Maybe see news at 8 for video shots of shwrm later?

it really depends on which part of high end. i don't see foreigners sweeping up the high quantum units leh.

DKSG

Is it a CCR or a city fringe?
    Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    My CCR MM monthly mortgage is $1.2k. I dare dare drop rental to 1.3k also cover mortgage, u think at $1.3 k, flanked by great world, valley point, few bus stop to orchard or cbd, can fight for tenant? Can survive? Given my pricing will tenant who work inc bd will choose ocr? Anyone get the underlying meaning? If yes, good for u. Today i also good mood.

his description is CCR rite? looks like bot in at a good price.

Btw how come dun see you updating on the NUS index ? This month CCR up by 2.6% leh

NUS index? eveything also i update? no lah. that one not me. me only in monthly new home sales figures and i applied for leave for this month.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Btw how come dun see you updating on the NUS index ? This month CCR up by 2.6% leh

it really depends on which part of high end. i don't see foreigners sweeping up the high quantum units leh.
    Sweeping up maybe too strong. But creeping back silently maybe the right description.

I just went Liberte yesterday. Sales is not red hot but more than 50% sold at ridiculous psf bought mainly by foreigners...

DKSG

Sweeping up maybe too strong. But creeping back silently maybe the right description.

I just went Liberte yesterday. Sales is not red hot but more than 50% sold at ridiculous psf bought mainly by foreigners...

DKSG
    fwah fwah.. liberte PSF mai siao siao one... still can clear 50%?

Yea when the discussion mentioned Cosmo condo.. I also tot its the one in guillemard road.. That one is not CCR ma.

Anyways I re-read the post they mentioned Cosmo condo across great world city.. Well there is indeed a condo called the cosmopolitan there.

Figured they are talking about the cosmopolitan here.. And not Cosmo

Since 2007 I never have problem renting out my D5 properties,,,and at good yield..

Also. For at least1.5 to 2 years now, I have been arguing about rental falling in many OTHER districts, but always kana humtum.

I recall Devilplate used to argue with me ....he always said damn easy to rent (other districts) and that rent was getting Higher...

Anyway it is true that many expats have had their rental allowance cut...

cosmo 4 bedder is 1679 sq ft. nonetheless, as bro dtrax pointed out, above 7k harder to rent out.

Take away the balcony and bay windows, many expats find it too small

Their furnitures cannot fit it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    Yea when the discussion mentioned Cosmo condo.. I also tot its the one in guillemard road.. That one is not CCR ma.

Anyways I re-read the post they mentioned Cosmo condo across great world city.. Well there is indeed a condo called the cosmopolitan there.

Figured they are talking about the cosmopolitan here.. And not Cosmo
    Hi

Lazy to type the full name lah... Haha

By the way, also lazy to start new thread since all bros & sis are here...

I just go back from bangkok and went to see some properties in sukhumvit area such as sol 11, 15' and 'h' in sol 43 and outskirts in rechada area. Do u think is good to invest there? Bank interest is 7% tho... Think better pay cash..

now buyers don't look at psf, only quantum.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax

yah. they need 2000 sq ft, then minus the balcony and bay windows. lol.

but so far, only big units rental is struggling? smaller ones not so much?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Take away the balcony and bay windows, many expats find it too small

Their furnitures cannot fit it...

Big units target families. Which come with furnitures.

Small units target singles or couples which most of the time don't have much furnitures,,,

Hence smaller units rent out faster.

Why do u think for 10 to 15 k rental allowance for expats with family, they go for older projects?

Cos less unless balcony n bay windows

QUOTE=bargain hunter]yah. they need 2000 sq ft, then minus the balcony and bay windows. lol.

but so far, only big units rental is struggling? smaller ones not so much?[/QUOTE]

Fully agree.

Shrinking MMs, 400 sqfeet plus the norm everywhere nowadays and 2000 plus pfs still around $1m.

In future, 300 sfeet plus MMs esp in CCR will be the norm and 3000plus pfs will still be around $1m.

Many can afford this kind of quantum.

pfs value comes into play more for the much larger units.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Fully agree.

Shrinking MMs, 400 sqfeet plus the norm everywhere nowadays and 2000 plus pfs still around $1m.

In future, 300 sfeet plus MMs esp in CCR will be the norm and 3000plus pfs will still be around $1m.

Totally agreed. When the investment is targeting at the typical investors, buying small units like MM and make sure is in the range of $700k to $800k, chance of capital gain and selling off is much easier than bigger 1bedroom that is $1m. Everyone is looking at quantum and with the mindset that MM, studio or 1bedder, rental is about the same in the same vicinity, so smaller sf pay much less

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    dtrax is hardworking guy! I thought only bo liao people like Office Boy go see such condo ... haha! Did you chat with the agents there, did they tell u the buyer profile ?

DKSG

CCR, 3-5 mins walk to nearby Great World City and Valley Point...

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Fully agree.

Will it one day drop to 200 sfeet plus being the norm? Scary!

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Will it one day drop to 200 sfeet plus being the norm? Scary!
    Think around 300square feet will be the limit.

that used to be for MM.. but its also true lar.. alexis MM 800k, echelon bigger 1rm 800k also. Close one eye, left eye sees alexis quantum == echelon 1rm quantum, just hoot!

dtrax is hardworking guy! I thought only bo liao people like Office Boy go see such condo ... haha! Did you chat with the agents there, did they tell u the buyer profile ?

DKSG
    pass by but never go in to c c look look coz I tot, fwah at this price who will buy??