Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Default Forum Etiquette

First I would like to thank many forummers sent me well wishes and many of you welcome me back. Whether I am Mdm Soh or not is irrelevant and don't make anymore guessing as that is not fair to me nor to her.

I just took a look of the current active users in this forum, I was very surprised of there are so many guests and silent readers, and they are very active. In other words, this forum is highly respectable.

A few have shared with me that the quality of this forum is getting worst and I fully agreed to that.

I just googled Forum Etiquette and there are so many do and don't. Of course, it is a open forum, and it is the freedom that we enjoy to be here to TCSS, to share and learn.

However, I appeal to all forummers that

1. please don't make obscene or harassing posts
    2. Don't use of foul, vulgar, abusive and profane language
    3. respect the privacy of others

Hi..Welcome back and please respect my Mt Sinai dream.

Welcome back!

And to add more specifically (for those whose England is not so good - sorry ah!):

Don't try to pry into other forum members' private lives.

Then we can continue to TCSS and share into 2013 and beyond!

Hi dear sis, I always like to put myself into the shoes of others to understand better.

So let me try this...

In their thinking, since 2012 is a year of scandals and betrayals, and open book sex lives and what not online, I guess a lot of people have been affected and there is general 'shift' in acceptance that pushing the boundaries is ok as long as 'I didn't directly plant a knife into someone'.

It also further reinforces the fact that Singapore is such a small country, and there is really nothing truly private once we go online and share. As long as we interact in the real world, there will be exchange of information, even not so much as just our name. Therefore, it is extremely difficult to partition clearly online and offline lives, as often things do cross.

I think this is what many call the 'progress of society' 社会/时代的变迁。

As for whether it is GOOD or BAD, we leave it to time to tell.

That said, 2012 offers a good lesson for all of us to be careful and mindful of what we say and do whether on or offline. As long as we are true to ourselves, there is nothing to fear.

Like a knife, it can be a tool or a weapon depending on how it is used. The same can be said of the internet.

We just make sure we are fully armoured before using it.

Happy to have you back to tcss with us!!!!

Laguna, welcome back. We love to see your contributions. Let's keep e irresponsible forummers out. We all just want to learn from each other and share best experiences.

The truth out there is Internet has a lot of liars, posers, trolls, hidden agendas. Just like the Facebook users who made negative comments during GE, to singtel, smrt, ministers. Scary. Ok i am real as my business is real. Lol..

Another point to add, suddenly reminded me.

Those who are Guests cannot view certain content.

Eg. will be attachments.

So to encourage less 'lurking', let's all try to post floorplans, layouts etc via attachments. LOL

Welcome back, Laguna!

I want to add to Laguna's points.

This is a public forum. Everyone is entitled a view. If the views of others are different from you, it does not mean it is wrong. Respect each other views and enjoy the information sharing.

Visit and "Like us" at our Sea Esta Facebook Page to get the latest updates on Sea Esta right from your Facebook News Feed!

well said mcm, as long as true to yourself, but I very scared certain nick seems to have multiple split personalities as least yowetan is always Mt Sinai
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Welcome back Laguna

I personally think its important to have an active forum administrator. Forums like myhometown has a "on the ball" forum administrator - actively removes advertisements and bans people that break the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    well said mcm, as long as true to yourself, but I very scared certain nick seems to have multiple split personalities as least yowetan is always Mt Sinai
    Hi..the fact is - I dont have a crone, nor I have an agenda.

I am truly looking for a residential home for my whole family, and all of our family members and myself particularly prefer Mt Sinai for various obvious reason(s).

Also, adding to Sea Esta point - Please do respect fellow forumers (i.e. my dream of owning a Mt Sinai property) and refrain from throwing insults and unpleasant comments (direct or/and indirect, intentional/non-intentional or whatever agenda) repeatedly. It is fine to be criticized and I am open to it, however when a person begins to attack a person's integrity and moral value, he or/and she (sharing one nick) shall be subjected or willing to accept people's attack (direct/indirect).

In short, we including myself are here to share good practices and opportunitie(s) if there is any. Open to criticism is part of the learning and acceptance of people's opinion(s), perspective(s) and xx cents view(s) are equally important to nurture and build a person's character.

Lastly, this is for Laguna - If you say (1) you better deliver (1). Currently you are not delivering. Nonetheless, as my very first input in your thread - welcome back to the forum. You may be wise but you cannot be right everytime; Hint: Lee Kuan Yew.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Before bro mcm spots the mistake....

I think you meant "clone"?

Lastly, this is for Laguna - If you say (1) you better deliver (1). Currently you are not delivering. Nonetheless, as my very first input in your thread - .

耳东先生
    我写一切关于你的,都是出至於你,可能加了少许油,炒香了一点

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Before bro mcm spots the mistake....

I think you meant "clone"?
    Hi...I meant both. Thanks for including "clone" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    耳东先生
    我写一切关于你的,都是出至於你,可能加了少许油,炒香了一点
    Hi...your definition of measurement is relative; it doesn't matter little or many. It is either YES or NO; one or zero. 多 一点,少一点 无所胃。最中要是“有” 还是“没有”。

我就是“明知山有虎,偏向虎山行”。

Hi...I meant both. Thanks for including "clone" for me.
    Crone = a witchlike old woman .......

Strange that you brought it up.

耳东先生

I like this new name ......!
    Yowetan, your surname is chen?

我就是“明知山有虎,偏向虎山行 "
    Isn't this 以卵击石?

wow even i learn new word today, crone
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Crone = a witchlike old woman .......

Strange that you brought it up.
    Hi...(not meant to you below)

As good old saying - “最毒夫人心, 难养也”。

Okay, I shall stop using chinese here. I am not here for poetry competition.

I like this new name ......!
    Yowetan, your surname is chen?

Isn't this 以卵击石?
    Yes, my chinese surname is Chen. Being Singaporean, my dialect surname is Tan.

It is not a matter of going against wave, but challenge to go beyond the wave. I believe I have the opportunity and the vision to get one. I must keep the faith.

Hi Laguna, glad that you are back to this big family.

Unavoidable, there might have some jokes going on here to make this forum more lively and enjoyable but hope that it is not at the expense of other people or at least keep within limit.

I am truly looking for a residential home for my whole family, and all of our family members and myself particularly prefer Mt Sinai for various obvious reason(s).
    Is it that the fengshui at Mt Sinai suits you? Like my friend, insists to get a certain location because the fengshui master told him that only that location suits him.

Hi...your definition of measurement is relative; it doesn't matter little or many. It is either YES or NO; one or zero. 多 一点,少一点 无所胃。最中要是“有” 还是“没有”。

我就是“明知山有虎,偏向虎山行”。
    武松先生,
    基本在,我是把你的故事写漂亮些。
    其实你的梦是很容易实现。卖掉你所谓三间HDB,你就够本钱了。问题是你不知你父母,岳父母会把钱交给你吗,其次,你又要收全部的租金。你要鱼,又要熊掌。而你又不善开源。
    对不对?不写了,看戏比较好。 我在看苏东坡,你该看这套戏,对你有益

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Hi Laguna, glad that you are back to this big family.

Unavoidable, there might have some jokes going on here to make this forum more lively and enjoyable but hope that it is not at the expense of other people or at least keep within limit.

Is it that the fengshui at Mt Sinai suits you? Like my friend, insists to get a certain location because the fengshui master told him that only that location suits him.
    Hi...I like Mt Sinai intrinsic value and attraction - Serene & Green and strategically position and a quality primary school.

武松先生,
    基本在,我是把你的故事写漂亮些。
    其实你的梦是很容易实现。卖掉你所谓三间HDB,你就够本钱了。问题是你不知你父母,岳父母会把钱交给你吗,其次,你又要收全部的租金。你要鱼,又要熊掌。而你又不善开源。
    对不对?不写了,看戏比较好。 我在看苏东坡,你该看这套戏,对你有益
    Hi..I read the novel(s) when I was in secondary school waiting for my O level result.

Mt Sinai is definitely within reach if there is an opportunity arise.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Another point to add, suddenly reminded me.

Those who are Guests cannot view certain content.

Eg. will be attachments.

So to encourage less 'lurking', let's all try to post floorplans, layouts etc via attachments. LOL
    Ya, btw how you manage the attachment. I have been trying so many times, but just couldn't manage it

Below is how I do it, did I do it correctly?
    1) Click "Manage Attachments" shown below when replying
    2) Browse my file
    3) Upload

So when the file was being uploaded, don't know why it didn't appear here instead it appears next to the word "upload", do I need to copy and paste it here?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Ya, btw how you manage the attachment. I have been trying so many times, but just couldn't manage it

Below is how I do it, did I do it correctly?
    1) Click "Manage Attachments" shown below when replying
    2) Browse my file
    3) Upload

So when the file was being uploaded, don't know why it didn't appear here instead it appears next to the word "upload", do I need to copy and paste it here?
    Sis, that way you can only post the pictures as thumb nails and those who don't log in cannot see it.
    Sometimes if the file is too big, it cannot be uploaded.

What I do is, save the picture into a thumb drive, then upload it onto a photosharing site (I use twitter).
    Then from that site (twitter), I copy the picture and then paste directly onto the reply page of this forum.

If the picture is from a website and file size is not too big, you don't even need to upload it onto a photosharing site.
    You simply copy the picture and paste it on this forum.

Irissis, u can use tinypic.com. After upload they will you some URLs. Choose the one with [IMG], copy and paste directly on where you type...

First I would like to thank many forummers sent me well wishes and many of you welcome me back. Whether I am Mdm Soh or not is irrelevant and don't make anymore guessing as that is not fair to me nor to her.

I just took a look of the current active users in this forum, I was very surprised of there are so many guests and silent readers, and they are very active. In other words, this forum is highly respectable.

A few have shared with me that the quality of this forum is getting worst and I fully agreed to that.

I just googled Forum Etiquette and there are so many do and don't. Of course, it is a open forum, and it is the freedom that we enjoy to be here to TCSS, to share and learn.

However, I appeal to all forummers that

1. please don't make obscene or harassing posts
    2. Don't use of foul, vulgar, abusive and profane language
    3. respect the privacy of others
    I was just a reader, and decided to post a few months ago.

The forum's responses to the posting were, at times, rather cynical. And so, I thought why bother to post, since many are not interested in views of others.

I posted some comments at Renotalk for a couple of years, under the nick Lauer, and never gotten the same kind of receptions.

Here? Why bother...

Hi Laguna, Secretariat,
    Your knowledge & views are respected and I look forward to your continued contribution.
    There will always be detractors but what is important to know is that there is a far greater number of 'believers' whom want to learn & grow through your sharing.
    Keep up the good work and you should just ignore the noises.

Laguna - I don't know what ailment you have but keep well & speedy recovery.

Sis, that way you can only post the pictures as thumb nails and those who don't log in cannot see it.
    Sometimes if the file is too big, it cannot be uploaded.

What I do is, save the picture into a thumb drive, then upload it onto a photosharing site (I use twitter).
    Then from that site (twitter), I copy the picture and then paste directly onto the reply page of this forum.

If the picture is from a website and file size is not too big, you don't even need to upload it onto a photosharing site.
    You simply copy the picture and paste it on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeamybro
    Irissis, u can use tinypic.com. After upload they will you some URLs. Choose the one with [IMG], copy and paste directly on where you type...
    Thank you so much. I will try both methods when I have pictures to upload.