Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: Forum Etiquette

  1. #1
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default Forum Etiquette

    First I would like to thank many forummers sent me well wishes and many of you welcome me back. Whether I am Mdm Soh or not is irrelevant and don't make anymore guessing as that is not fair to me nor to her.

    I just took a look of the current active users in this forum, I was very surprised of there are so many guests and silent readers, and they are very active. In other words, this forum is highly respectable.

    A few have shared with me that the quality of this forum is getting worst and I fully agreed to that.

    I just googled Forum Etiquette and there are so many do and don't. Of course, it is a open forum, and it is the freedom that we enjoy to be here to TCSS, to share and learn.

    However, I appeal to all forummers that

    1. please don't make obscene or harassing posts
    2. Don't use of foul, vulgar, abusive and profane language
    3. respect the privacy of others

  2. #2
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hi..Welcome back and please respect my Mt Sinai dream.

  3. #3
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Welcome back!

    And to add more specifically (for those whose England is not so good - sorry ah!):

    Don't try to pry into other forum members' private lives.

    Then we can continue to TCSS and share into 2013 and beyond!



  4. #4
    东方

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hi dear sis, I always like to put myself into the shoes of others to understand better.

    So let me try this...

    In their thinking, since 2012 is a year of scandals and betrayals, and open book sex lives and what not online, I guess a lot of people have been affected and there is general 'shift' in acceptance that pushing the boundaries is ok as long as 'I didn't directly plant a knife into someone'.

    It also further reinforces the fact that Singapore is such a small country, and there is really nothing truly private once we go online and share. As long as we interact in the real world, there will be exchange of information, even not so much as just our name. Therefore, it is extremely difficult to partition clearly online and offline lives, as often things do cross.

    I think this is what many call the 'progress of society' 社会/时代的变迁。

    As for whether it is GOOD or BAD, we leave it to time to tell.

    That said, 2012 offers a good lesson for all of us to be careful and mindful of what we say and do whether on or offline. As long as we are true to ourselves, there is nothing to fear.

    Like a knife, it can be a tool or a weapon depending on how it is used. The same can be said of the internet.

    We just make sure we are fully armoured before using it.

    Happy to have you back to tcss with us!!!!

  5. #5
    Here once in a while

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Laguna, welcome back. We love to see your contributions. Let's keep e irresponsible forummers out. We all just want to learn from each other and share best experiences.

  6. #6
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The truth out there is Internet has a lot of liars, posers, trolls, hidden agendas. Just like the Facebook users who made negative comments during GE, to singtel, smrt, ministers. Scary. Ok i am real as my business is real. Lol..

  7. #7
    东方

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Another point to add, suddenly reminded me.

    Those who are Guests cannot view certain content.

    Eg. will be attachments.

    So to encourage less 'lurking', let's all try to post floorplans, layouts etc via attachments. LOL

  8. #8
    Our Dream Home by the Beach

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Welcome back, Laguna!

    I want to add to Laguna's points.

    This is a public forum. Everyone is entitled a view. If the views of others are different from you, it does not mean it is wrong. Respect each other views and enjoy the information sharing.

    Visit and "Like us" at our Sea Esta Facebook Page to get the latest updates on Sea Esta right from your Facebook News Feed!

  9. #9
    Music of the night

    User Info Menu

    Default

    well said mcm, as long as true to yourself, but I very scared certain nick seems to have multiple split personalities as least yowetan is always Mt Sinai
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  10. #10
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Welcome back Laguna

    I personally think its important to have an active forum administrator. Forums like myhometown has a "on the ball" forum administrator - actively removes advertisements and bans people that break the forum rules.

  11. #11
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    well said mcm, as long as true to yourself, but I very scared certain nick seems to have multiple split personalities as least yowetan is always Mt Sinai
    Hi..the fact is - I dont have a crone, nor I have an agenda.

    I am truly looking for a residential home for my whole family, and all of our family members and myself particularly prefer Mt Sinai for various obvious reason(s).

    Also, adding to Sea Esta point - Please do respect fellow forumers (i.e. my dream of owning a Mt Sinai property) and refrain from throwing insults and unpleasant comments (direct or/and indirect, intentional/non-intentional or whatever agenda) repeatedly. It is fine to be criticized and I am open to it, however when a person begins to attack a person's integrity and moral value, he or/and she (sharing one nick) shall be subjected or willing to accept people's attack (direct/indirect).

    In short, we including myself are here to share good practices and opportunitie(s) if there is any. Open to criticism is part of the learning and acceptance of people's opinion(s), perspective(s) and xx cents view(s) are equally important to nurture and build a person's character.

    Lastly, this is for Laguna - If you say (1) you better deliver (1). Currently you are not delivering. Nonetheless, as my very first input in your thread - welcome back to the forum. You may be wise but you cannot be right everytime; Hint: Lee Kuan Yew.

  12. #12
    mutant powerpuff

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi..the fact is - I dont have a crone, nor I have an agenda.
    Before bro mcm spots the mistake....

    I think you meant "clone"?

  13. #13
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Lastly, this is for Laguna - If you say (1) you better deliver (1). Currently you are not delivering. Nonetheless, as my very first input in your thread - .

    耳东先生
    我写一切关于你的,都是出至於你,可能加了少许油,炒香了一点

  14. #14
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Before bro mcm spots the mistake....

    I think you meant "clone"?
    Hi...I meant both. Thanks for including "clone" for me.

  15. #15
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    耳东先生
    我写一切关于你的,都是出至於你,可能加了少许油,炒香了一点
    Hi...your definition of measurement is relative; it doesn't matter little or many. It is either YES or NO; one or zero. 多 一点,少一点 无所胃。最中要是有 还是没有。

    我就是明知山有虎,偏向虎山行。

  16. #16
    mutant powerpuff

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi..the fact is - I dont have a crone, nor I have an agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...I meant both. Thanks for including "clone" for me.
    Crone = a witchlike old woman .......

    Strange that you brought it up.

  17. #17
    mutant powerpuff

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    耳东先生



    I like this new name ......!
    Yowetan, your surname is chen?

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    我就是明知山有虎,偏向虎山行 "
    Isn't this 以卵击石?

  18. #18
    东方

    User Info Menu

    Default

    wow even i learn new word today, crone

  19. #19
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Crone = a witchlike old woman .......

    Strange that you brought it up.
    Hi...(not meant to you below)

    As good old saying - 最毒夫人心, 难养也。

    Okay, I shall stop using chinese here. I am not here for poetry competition.

  20. #20
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I like this new name ......!
    Yowetan, your surname is chen?



    Isn't this 以卵击石?
    Yes, my chinese surname is Chen. Being Singaporean, my dialect surname is Tan.

    It is not a matter of going against wave, but challenge to go beyond the wave. I believe I have the opportunity and the vision to get one. I must keep the faith.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •