Thread: grange road or Cairnhill?

Default grange road or Cairnhill?

hi, been considering these 2 district for my last property purchase before retirement.

any comments? thanks for all input

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish
    hi, been considering these 2 district for my last property purchase before retirement.

any comments? thanks for all input
    hard to compare between these two.
    From a owner occupation point of view, Cairnhill is very urban, congested type living. Traffic to get there quite a serious challenge.

Grange Road is those quiet spacious type neighbourhood.

From a psf point of view, Grange Road.. I can't see the justification for such high rates. Cairnhill is well supported by rental demand.

Quote Originally Posted by triple70
    hard to compare between these two.
    From a owner occupation point of view, Cairnhill is very urban, congested type living. Traffic to get there quite a serious challenge.

Grange Road is those quiet spacious type neighbourhood.

From a psf point of view, Grange Road.. I can't see the justification for such high rates. Cairnhill is well supported by rental demand.
    Both area got its own pool of tenants. Some prefer the quietnesa, exclusiveness of grange, some prefers the extreme convenience of cairnhill.

For retirement, i would prefer grange. Very quiet, exclusive, yet so near to orchard and downtown with many bus connections. River valley also can be considered.

hi thanks both for the reply.

for cairnhill, my concern is the going home route, abit weird to u turn in.
    my boss currently staying at Tan Chin Tuan Mansion and very often need to pop by for meeting. the only con is that traffic is sh it and when turning in, you need to be fast as traffic is high

for grange road, all the units are huge and quiet. but still some walking distance to the MRT.

just wanted to find out any possible upside on either both estates.

looking for a small unit.

hi thanks both for the reply.

for cairnhill, my concern is the going home route, abit weird to u turn in.
    my boss currently staying at Tan Chin Tuan Mansion and very often need to pop by for meeting. the only con is that traffic is sh it and when turning in, you need to be fast as traffic is high

for grange road, all the units are huge and quiet. but still some walking distance to the MRT.

just wanted to find out any possible upside on either both estates.

looking for a small unit.
    small unit u can go down abit to RV

bought one unit at mohamed sultan road sometime back.

the next unit would be my last as dont want to over stretch myself.

for the grange road area, there are many landed and is afraid more on environmental issues as some of the landed are really old and worn out.
    but it quiet, something that i like.

for cairnhill, it convenience. as walking down to town takes 3 min max but driving back is the killer.

now would hope the experts to share with me, some insights between these two districts and see if there are any upside potentials.

for the grange road area, there are many landed and is afraid more on environmental issues as some of the landed are really old and worn out.

for cairnhill, it convenience. as walking down to town takes 3 min max but driving back is the killer.

now would hope the experts to share with me, some insights between these two districts and see if there are any upside potentials.
    then in that case get grange road.. cairnhill's infrastructure is stretched. The only way to ease the congestion is if they widen the roads, which is not possible anymore.

Look at HK - in the most congested upscale areas, eg causeway bay - do you see expensive houses at the most congested turns yet? No..maybe slightly further back at the hillside of Happy Valley but definitely not at the parts where traffic congestion is the worst.

similarly, grange is in a better position for 'upside' as there is an MRT development nearby great world city - which is not very far for a relaxing walk. At the same time - more upperclass people will really enjoy the peace quiet and yet still a stone's throw away from the bustle of Orchard.

this is just my 2cents, taking a long term view into consideration. If you stay at cairnhill - wont you get sick at the traffic if you have to drive through the flock of cars everyday? its simply not convenient..

lol maybe can consider Cliveden.. jump in when fear is high!!

lol just joking.. or maybe not

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why Grange Road vs Cairnhill?
    Got other alternatives, like Somerset & Paterson areas.

hi all ,

thanks for the constructive comments.

been looking at paterson area, but there is currently a condo under construction by sembawang group. if i am not mistaken, thus would want to wait till the dust is settled before deciding.

for grange road and cairnhill, would like any experts to share with me their views as i might oversight any hidden factors.

just want to do home work before committing and base on my opinion, no point timing the market cos there is no good time or bad time in buying, just buying what i am comfortable with.
    Last edited by puffer_fish; 31-12-12 at 11:25.