Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selecting a condo

if within your budget, Lakeshore not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by nick7
    yes, the mayfair is already in my list as you can see from my first post, but have not zeroed down on area. based on what I understand so far, jurong and woodlands would be transforming in regional hubs in next 7-8 years.

So thinking in that direction and something within 1 km to MRT. Is that good enough criteria for initial screening?

My choice within your budget

West
    The Mayfair
    still walkable to MRT but surrounded by HDBs if you dont mind.

CCK/Bukit Panjang
    Yew Tee Residence - next to MRT, mall is well managed

North
    The Woodsvale - location not bad but need to check out the condo yourself on the type of crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    SPR can buy resale EC.
    In this case nick7 can buy a resale EC solely under his name, ie he does not need to form a family nucleus to buy a resale EC.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....gibilityECOpen
    Oh wow didn't know this.

But then by then the 5-year-old EC would be priced alongside comparable PC.

New buyer still need to fulfill 5-year MOP? Or not?

'Buyers of resale ECs are not eligible for CPF Housing Grant as such ECs are treated as equivalent to “private housing”.'

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

if you die die want 3bdr, >1000ft, cheap cheap unit, easy to rent out to foreigner, with main purpose of property price hedging (worried of cannot afford later, and worried of $$ getting smaller)...

may be can try buy Huogang Green... 800K for 11xxft 3bdr... go figure out yourself why the price is lower...

HOUGANG GREEN BUANGKOK GREEN Apartment 1 800,000 1,163 Strata 688 Dec-12
    HOUGANG GREEN BUANGKOK GREEN Apartment 1 798,000 1,130 Strata 706 Aug-12
    HOUGANG GREEN BUANGKOK GREEN Apartment 1 780,000 1,141 Strata 684 Jul-12

(but i will not buy this condo project hor.... )

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i thought the mayfair as pointed out by someone earlier is pretty decent.
    Mayfair looks pretty good. Why didn't I looked at it when I was buying? But again why its price still amongst the lower despite these good and unique factors? Any guess?

Quote Originally Posted by gilaone
    Mayfair looks pretty good. Why didn't I looked at it when I was buying? But again why its price still amongst the lower despite these good and unique factors? Any guess?
    perhaps it has a high concentration of certain expat profile? esp those working in the west.

yes, I am considering mayfair and woodvale but not yew tee residences. Its price is steep compared to other condos near by such as regent grove, windermere/yer mei green.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    My choice within your budget

West
    The Mayfair
    still walkable to MRT but surrounded by HDBs if you dont mind.

CCK/Bukit Panjang
    Yew Tee Residence - next to MRT, mall is well managed

North
    The Woodsvale - location not bad but need to check out the condo yourself on the type of crowds.

I know abt hougang green and not really keen on it as there are better options for 3bdr in my budget. thanks for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    if you die die want 3bdr, >1000ft, cheap cheap unit, easy to rent out to foreigner, with main purpose of property price hedging (worried of cannot afford later, and worried of $$ getting smaller)...

may be can try buy Huogang Green... 800K for 11xxft 3bdr... go figure out yourself why the price is lower...

HOUGANG GREEN BUANGKOK GREEN Apartment 1 800,000 1,163 Strata 688 Dec-12
    HOUGANG GREEN BUANGKOK GREEN Apartment 1 798,000 1,130 Strata 706 Aug-12
    HOUGANG GREEN BUANGKOK GREEN Apartment 1 780,000 1,141 Strata 684 Jul-12

(but i will not buy this condo project hor.... )

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    perhaps it has a high concentration of certain expat profile? esp those working in the west.
    Primary reason.... surrounded by HDB...
    Swimming pool very open for Viewing by HDB dwellers. ..
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gilaone
    mayfair was also within my radar when i was considering in the west. but few reasons: petrol station - so 1-2 blocks will be out. also, if you want mayfair, some pple will pay abit more and get parc oasis. nearer mrt and bigger devp (good and bad). personally i quite like mayfair. but sometimes u need to actually view the units to understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by nick7
    Thanks but Mi casa is out of my budget as I am looking for 3 bedder.

Any advice why not palm gardens? I found it at not bad location, as it is 10-15 mins walk to CCK and also 3 lrt stops away from Bukit Panjang down town line.

Yes, the rest you mentioned are quite good. What other things should I consider to narrow down my list?
    Palm Garden - this is a view from a current resident so of course more biased.

Quite nice place for self-stay. not exactly near MRT not but very far. can walk to MRT in < 15min or take LRT for 2 stops.

plenty of amenities around and they are gg to build a supermarket, coffeeshop and fast food infront of the LRT station i.e. besides Palm.

The environment is quiet and very generous landscape. very relaxing to walk around at nite.

Mgmt is very "on". Gd for residents and not so gd for visitors. I've seen many visitors' cars being clamped for not parking appropriately.

the condo is about 12 years but looks fairly well maintained.

Prices are getting steep... nearing the $1m mark for the 3 bedders (1200 sqft).

If you need more info, pls PM me.

Thanks a lot for your view. I will be viewing a unit there in next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by fooblack
    Palm Garden - this is a view from a current resident so of course more biased.

Quite nice place for self-stay. not exactly near MRT not but very far. can walk to MRT in < 15min or take LRT for 2 stops.

plenty of amenities around and they are gg to build a supermarket, coffeeshop and fast food infront of the LRT station i.e. besides Palm.

The environment is quiet and very generous landscape. very relaxing to walk around at nite.

Mgmt is very "on". Gd for residents and not so gd for visitors. I've seen many visitors' cars being clamped for not parking appropriately.

the condo is about 12 years but looks fairly well maintained.

Prices are getting steep... nearing the $1m mark for the 3 bedders (1200 sqft).

If you need more info, pls PM me.

Have you consider getting a unit at Ivory Height?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Have you consider getting a unit at Ivory Height?
    with a budget ard $1m, i doubt can get a unit at Ivory. The units are huge and PSF is not low...

buy ivory height liow sekali kena en-bloc, how arh ??...

how is palm garden's bowling alley ??... got free time slots or always occupied... must be very shiok to have a 2-lane bowling alley....

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    buy ivory height liow sekali kena en-bloc, how arh ??...

how is palm garden's bowling alley ??... got free time slots or always occupied... must be very shiok to have a 2-lane bowling alley....
    bowling alley not really very hot. probably the residents have grown sick of it haha. usually can book quite readily and provide some form of entertainment.. esp if there are guests..

bowling alley not really very hot. probably the residents have grown sick of it haha. usually can book quite readily and provide some form of entertainment.. esp if there are guests..
    ok,.... next time may be i consider a 958ft 2bdr there....

keat hong mall, near to south view primary, except slightly far (0.8km) from mrt...

Parc Oasis? Also walking distance to Chinese Garden MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by kt2u
    Parc Oasis? Also walking distance to Chinese Garden MRT.
    very nice condo and nearest to the MRT... but just abit older too.

very nice condo and nearest to the MRT... but just abit older too.
    from "value" perspective, quite exx for a 20 yr old condo. but i like parc oasis. dunno why.