Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iskandar: Boon or bane for Singapore real estate?

just my guess, either you have no children or you are not be married yet or you have yet to consider about security and some other issues that your family might face. money is not everything, it is also the lifestyle you are forgoing...
    you go ask hundreds and thousands of HK ppl commuting between HK and SZ. Why would they want to do that. If you have colleagues doing that they will tell you the reasons.
    If cost of living is what you are primarily looking at, then maybe batam might be a better choice for you?? There are also thousands of ppl commuting between Sg and Batam each day do you know that? Why do they want to do that??
    I just stating some e.g....not to invite any argument...

in Sg, i want to go for mid night show i just go, i want to eat a bowl of noodles i just walk a few hundred meters and there is a kopi shop or hawker centre. if u stay in Mal, do you have this? are you not worry if your girlfriend or wife say they are going to package some food at 10pm??

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    As it is already a number of Singaporean are already commuting from JB, if one work in the relocated offices why would one want to come back here to stay? The cost of living is so much cheaper there. The only issue is education if one has school going children. A typical wage earner if based in JB work wise can rent out his HDB/PC and finance a second property over there.......why just come back and stay in a property that can earn you enough to buy a much bigger place there?

Assuming if rent out HDB for 2.5K, convert to RM almost 7K....can finance a million RM Semi-D already....

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    just my guess, either you have no children or you are not be married yet or you have yet to consider about security and some other issues that your family might face. money is not everything, it is also the lifestyle you are forgoing...
    you go ask hundreds and thousands of HK ppl commuting between HK and SZ. Why would they want to do that. If you have colleagues doing that they will tell you the reasons.
    If cost of living is what you are primarily looking at, then maybe batam might be a better choice for you?? There are also thousands of ppl commuting between Sg and Batam each day do you know that? Why do they want to do that??

in Sg, i want to go for mid night show i just go, i want to eat a bowl of noodles i just walk a few hundred meters and there is a kopi shop or hawker centre. if u stay in Mal, do you have this? are you not worry if your girlfriend or wife say they are going to package some food at 10pm??

Ya, Safety is still the most important. Once hit money can not bring back......
    When is the right time to buy my next property?

...as I mentioned in the earlier response, you simply do not know what it's like in Johore.....possibly what you know is based on what others say or what you read on internet, you can also get killed going to midnite show in Sg, or robbed or burgled.....its how you take precaution....haha Batam??? you are at the mercy of the ferry service and not as well linked as JB, do not stretch your 'argument' without real facts......or twisted facts.

its ok, agree to disagree...just offering views from other angle. batam boat ride is more consistent than the JB traffic... once i catch the boat, i know roughly i will reach home by what time. maybe you have also never commute to batam to work
    you are right to say that i have never walk out in JB at night...but i also commute to JB to work just fyi...
    anyway, enough being said, thanks.

...as I mentioned in the earlier response, you simply do not know what it's like in Johore.....possibly what you know is based on what others say or what you read on internet, you can also get killed going to midnite show in Sg, or robbed or burgled.....its how you take precaution....haha Batam??? you are at the mercy of the ferry service and not as well linked as JB, do not stretch your 'argument' without real facts......or twisted facts.

in JB .. just act like poor man and avoid certain places you will be safe.. don't wear your Rolex or wear gold like this ... like it or not more people will need to stay in JB, even ang mohs

Ride at your own risk !!!

its ok, agree to disagree...just offering views from other angle. batam boat ride is more consistent than the JB traffic... once i catch the boat, i know roughly i will reach home by what time. maybe you have also never commute to batam to work
    you are right to say that i have never walk out in JB at night...but i also commute to JB to work just fyi...
    anyway, enough being said, thanks.
    ...hahaha i will never consider commuting to Batam....have you tried riding the boat in heavy downpour? Have you eaten in Batam? What is the entertainment scene like there? Good if you keep a mistresslah....

JB houses will never reach KL price. The capital is in KL not JB. If KL already has so many vacant condo do be careful of JB.

I almost take up MM2H, cheap BMW and Merc....on top of cheap and big house....

But, my friend told me, I would pack and come back within a week, why? it is the life style I want.

BTW, certain projects in Penang already hit the price of KLCC.

...ya KL is the capital, but Sg is nearer to Kl.....u can get best of both world...just need to be more open minded.....btw, if you stay in East side Sg and works in the West.....chances are you would take longer to reach home than if you travel to Nusajaya....

...ya KL is the capital, but Sg is nearer to Kl.....u can get best of both world...just need to be more open minded.....btw, if you stay in East side Sg and works in the West.....chances are you would take longer to reach home than if you travel to Nusajaya....
    I mean JB is nearer than KL....

BTW Puteri Harbour prices ........its almost there liao...

Many sinkies knowledge of JB is limited to Taman Sentosa, Pelangi, Century & Melodies.

I doubt they have physically been to Bukit Indah, Sutera Utama, Mt Austin & Taman Molek to look at the townships there. No supper possible at JB? I think the traffic is far worse at 11pm compared to 8 pm in many of these areas. Lol........

Quote Originally Posted by star
    JB houses will never reach KL price. The capital is in KL not JB. If KL already has so many vacant condo do be careful of JB.
    dont say it too soon. Many friends from KL, including those in real estate are are already flummoxed by the prices of property in Iskandar area.

There will be a sentosa cove type of marina property coming soon.

http://puteriharbour.com.my/private_marina.php

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    Many sinkies knowledge of JB is limited to Taman Sentosa, Pelangi, Century & Melodies.

I doubt they have physically been to Bukit Indah, Sutera Utama, Mt Austin & Taman Molek to look at the townships there. No supper possible at JB? I think the traffic is far worse at 11pm compared to 8 pm in many of these areas. Lol........
    ...haha, precisely, many are too scared to go out and see, one mentioned he even work there but...possibly only dare to drive straight to work and drive straight back.

IDR

Committed investments have reached RM105.14 billion as at end-November 2012

The Financial Times-owned fDI magazine has ranked Iskandar Malaysia as the 4th best investment destination of Global Free Zone of the Future 2012/2013

...Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim’s 1st investment in Iskandar is a RM10 billion integrated waterfront development called Vantage Bay in Johor Bahru

Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim’s 2nd investment in Iskandar is to build RM3.5 billion Motorsports City in Iskandar

more facts at:
    http://www.iskandar.asia/iskandar-ma...d-figures.html

...of course to some analysts on this forum, IDR is still a bunch of cowboy towns....

As it is already a number of Singaporean are already commuting from JB, if one work in the relocated offices why would one want to come back here to stay? The cost of living is so much cheaper there. The only issue is education if one has school going children. A typical wage earner if based in JB work wise can rent out his HDB/PC and finance a second property over there.......why just come back and stay in a property that can earn you enough to buy a much bigger place there?

Assuming if rent out HDB for 2.5K, convert to RM almost 7K....can finance a million RM Semi-D already....
    yes, possibly the only reason why i still staying in sgp now is becoz of kids education. else i would have moved to iskandar. i work in the far west. better to take 2nd link to work than to commute daily to work on the congested expressway (2nd link also congested, but stay BUNGALOW leh. how to fight)

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7

yes, and not to mention, the security and safety at all these bukit indah, horizon hills and other areas are very good. almost can say no need to fear. of coz outside the guarded compound, use your common sense.

of coz "cheap" is relative lah. for many seniors here who have portfolio of few mil ppty and already staying in landed ppty, the risk and trouble is not worth taking. for me, i think the overall package is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    yes, possibly the only reason why i still staying in sgp now is becoz of kids education. else i would have moved to iskandar. i work in the far west. better to take 2nd link to work than to commute daily to work on the congested expressway (2nd link also congested, but stay BUNGALOW leh. how to fight)

then get robbed at night or on ur way out to the supermart.?

I am waiting to see the project by E&O JV with Tamasek
    the land cost is only M$25

just read this..
    http://themalaysianreserve.com/main/...hor-for-rm401m

Property developer UEM Land Holdings Bhd has entered into two agreements to sell 43.64 acres (17.66ha) of its land in Puteri Harbour, Johor, for RM400.8 million to an investment holding and general trading company owned by well-known businessmen.

The land will be sold to Liberty Bridge Sdn Bhd, a company equally-owned by Multi Purpose Holldings Bhd managing director (MD) Tan Sri Surin Upatkoon@Lau Kim Khoon, Syarikat Pengeluar Air Selangor Holdings Sdn Bhd chairman Tan Sri Nik Awang@Wan Azmi Wan Hamzah, Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd MD Tan Sri Lee Qi Hian and UOB Kay Hian Holdings Ltd MD Wee Ee Chao.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I am waiting to see the project by E&O JV with Tamasek
    the land cost is only M$25
    1 article says double storey terrace starts from 1m. note that medini is 99LH

...so another theme park coming as mentioned above...US Six Flags to invest RM1.5bil in Iskandar theme park

NUSAJAYA: US-based theme park operator Six Flags Entertainment Corp is planning to invest between RM1.2bil and RM1.5bil to set up a theme park in Iskandar Malaysia.
    Sources told StarBiz that the theme park, which will be double the size of Legoland Malaysia and the company's first theme park in Asia, would offer more than 40 rides.
    According to Wikipedia, Six Flags Entertainment is the world's largest amusement part corporation based on quantity of properties and the fifth most popular in terms of attendance.
    The company maintains 19 properties throughout North America consisting of theme parks, thrills parks, water theme parks and family entertainment centres.
    Iskandar Invesment Bhd (IIB) president and chief executive officer Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim, who spoke about Iskander Malaysia getting a theme park, which will be third in Iskandar Malaysia, said an announcement would be made by an investor within the next six months on the matter.
    The other two theme parks are Legoland Malaysia and Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park.
    “The new theme park caters to young adults unlike the existing two parks which are for children,'' he told reporters yesterday after the ground-breaking ceremony of the RM250mil Raffles American School campus on an 18.21ha site at EduCity, offering pre-kindergarten to 12th grade education.
    He declined to give more details when asked on the new theme park and its attractions, including whether it would be a water-theme park.
    Syed Mohamed said the opening of Legoland Malaysia and Puteri Harbour Theme Park last year had created a new level of confidence among domestic and foreign investors that Iskandar Malaysia was moving in the right direction.
    “Different theme parks cater to different segments of visitors and this will be better than just having one park in our development,'' he added.
    The US$200mil Legoland Malaysia on a 23ha site, which is a joint venture between Merlin Entertainment Groups and IIB, is the first Legoland park in Asia.
    Other Legoland theme parks across the world are situated in Denmark, the UK, Germany and in Florida and California.

http://www.sixflags.com/national/index.aspx

...as investment pours in, more jobs will be created...once gainfully employed, less desperate out-of-job individuals will resort to crime....at least petty crime.

Will the coming election or election results affect the pty mkt in M'sia??

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Will the coming election or election results affect the pty mkt in M'sia??
    ...the opposition relied on Anwar's charisma and image....but he is now a fading figure without all the mud thrown at him of late. The southern state is unlikely to swing towards the opposition and risks losing the progress made in recent years.....so if anything, the results will reaffirm IDR value.

Well the 3rd theme park news is not accurate after all:

Six Flags says Malaysian theme park investment report ‘not true’.......

Johor may review procedures for foreigners to buy houses
    Posted: 10 January 2013 2132 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...247178/1/.html

JOHOR BAHARU, Malaysia: Johor state will review procedures and conditions for foreigners to own houses due to spiralling house prices in the state, especially in Iskandar Malaysia.

Bernama news agency quoted Local Government, Housing, Arts, Culture and Heritage Committee chairman Ahmad Zahri Jamil as saying that the state Economic Planning Unit (UPEN) was studying ways to tighten the rules on foreign ownership.

He said this was to control spiralling house prices since locals are finding it difficult to buy houses.

"The price of property is determined by the market force. However, the prices also reflect on demand and supply or just because of extreme speculation. So, we have to conduct a detailed study," he told reporters at Kota Iskandar, Nusajaya, on Thursday.

Foreigners are currently allowed to purchase houses priced at a minimum of RM500,000, according to specific quota.

For example, for double-storey houses, only 30 per cent of the units are allocated for foreigners and the move was to attract foreign investment.

Foreigners may only be allowed to purchase houses above RM1 million.

Mr Ahmad Zahri said Singaporeans accounted for 90 per cent of foreigners who bought houses in Johor state, followed by Britain, United States and China.

- Bernama/de

show of hands who is still actively planning to buy a property there again.

I have and would ...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    show of hands who is still actively planning to buy a property there again.
    Actively looking for one. Singapore is getting worse.

It is just a matter of time (within next 5-10 years) when middle income groups (now they think they still can) realise that it is impossible to retire comfortably in Singapore anymore.

A lot of additional tax payers money are needed to support the aging population and infrastructure, on top of overcrowding (>6mil), inflation and large influx of foreigners. Cheers.
    Last edited by hyenergix; 11-01-13 at 05:29.

Something is very wrong with our system - most citizens don't get the benefits of being in of the richest countries in the world in terms of GDP per capita.