Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D15 - Need feedback please.

Default D15 - Need feedback please.

The shore residences (103 yrs from 2009)
    1bdrm approx 888k

16 @ Amber FH
    2bdrm 1.1 mio

Sycamore tree apartment
    Px not available.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes
    1bdrm approx 888k

16 @ Amber FH
    2bdrm 1.1 mio

Sycamore tree apartment
    Px not available.

Thanks
    Don't ever buy shore if you're hoping for enbloc in the future. FEO owns the FH title, no chance of renewing 99LH, unless it by them.

I will not even consider The Shore .... Cannot accept a LH project on a FH land

How and where to check LH on FH land?

How and where to check LH on FH land?
    Err... Need to know the history of the place.... The site of shore, was the en-bloc-ed rose garden. Bought by FEO as FH, sold as shore as LH...

I guess if you check the land titles, the info will be there.

Speaking of LH on FH land, anyone know if Villa Marina is in a similar situation? I rem the vicinity are all FH, right up to at least Marine Parade Rd, newest proj being Elliot At East Coast.

16 @ amber layout looks weird

The shore same as Silversea further up.

From pure rental yield viewpoint, Shore is quite good, likely>4% rental yield at 800plus K. Next door FH seaview condo, same size with also no seaview already asking for 1.2m.

MRT station whether at PP or even nearer will be within walking distance.

So shore seems affordable as it should be near to the future station? Any other choices in D15 ?

Many choices in D15.. Would avoid Shore (matter of principal) and Sycamore (the terrible sales result by developer speaks for itself).

There are a few apts at Tembeling Rd, Duku rd, Ceylon Rd, or even coralis. Just need to really dig in, do your due diligence and exercise patience.

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    Many choices in D15.. Would avoid Shore (matter of principal) and Sycamore (the terrible sales result by developer speaks for itself).

There are a few apts at Tembeling Rd, Duku rd, Ceylon Rd, or even coralis. Just need to really dig in, do your due diligence and exercise patience.
    But they are not near katong mall, post office or parkway as recommended by bj

[QUOTE=ekl2ekl2]The shore same as Silversea further up.

Appreciate if you can clarify what you mean by the above sentence?

Do you mean to say that Silverseas sits on FH land but is sold as LH?

Well, Silverseas sits on where Amber Gardens was, and AG is on LH land.

Just for a fact, the whole stretch of condos starting from Silverseas all the way to Costa del Sol

are all LH status.

Sigh. The result of spoon feeding culture.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Sigh. The result of spoon feeding culture.
    Ask also got fault

Avoid shore as what everyone has said, LH on FH land. You are being slave to the feo family future generation.

Many options as mentioned above as well as Telok kurau and Siglap. From rental perspective a 2bdrm unit at telok kurau sunshine loft was sold at $850000, rented $3500 pm. Close to 5%yield. Just an example and many more. Open your eyes big!

[quote=tkc2263]
    Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    The shore same as Silversea further up.

Appreciate if you can clarify what you mean by the above sentence?

Do you mean to say that Silverseas sits on FH land but is sold as LH?

Well, Silverseas sits on where Amber Gardens was, and AG is on LH land.

Just for a fact, the whole stretch of condos starting from Silverseas all the way to Costa del Sol

are all LH status.
    May have gotten that one wrong, silversea is LH.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Avoid shore as what everyone has said, LH on FH land. You are being slave to the feo family future generation.

Many options as mentioned above as well as Telok kurau and Siglap. From rental perspective a 2bdrm unit at telok kurau sunshine loft was sold at $850000, rented $3500 pm. Close to 5%yield. Just an example and many more. Open your eyes big!
    Not vested in Shore. But this LH on FH thingy may not be as bad as it seems. It really depends on the period of the investment horizon.

Look at Rochelle at Newton another LH and FH land, few wanted to buy at 900-1000pfs until 2010-11, prices could not move, and look at its price now, buyers laughing all the way to the bank, whether capital appreciation or investment yield.

is small development prone to high maintenance later on?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    is small development prone to high maintenance later on?
    It depends, if no swimming pool, is quite ok. I worry for those under 30 units yet have pool. One good thing abt small development is the privacy and peace. If need to swim, just get a membership at nearby chinese swimming club will do.

This whole place will be rather congested with the TOP of Shore, Silversea, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This whole place will be rather congested with the TOP of Shore, Silversea, etc.
    Lol, welcome to city life! Actually congestion is caused by the landed owners and shophouse owners. They have multiple cars so park along roadside. Screw them.condo developemnt all have allocated parking WITHIN compound and most are under utilised as its rented to expat whom rely on buses and mrt and taxi.

I was there recently trying to look for a parking lot in the HDB MSCP, it was all taken even till the roof top on the 5th floor. I have no difficulty llooking for a carpark lot 5 years ago at the same carpark on the 4th and 5th floor which are FOC on sundays/public holidays. I have to even park at the top floor of Parkway Parade these days.
    Lol, welcome to city life! Actually congestion is caused by the landed owners and shophouse owners. They have multiple cars so park along roadside. Screw them.condo developemnt all have allocated parking WITHIN compound and most are under utilised as its rented to expat whom rely on buses and mrt and taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I was there recently trying to look for a parking lot in the HDB MSCP, it was all taken even till the roof top on the 5th floor. I have no difficulty llooking for a carpark lot 5 years ago at the same carpark on the 4th and 5th floor which are FOC on sundays/public holidays. I have to even park at the top floor of Parkway Parade these days.
    people budget, go for cheaper parking at HDB.

And folks are calling the Government to make cars more affordable

Anyhow, @ Cupcake, if you want a development near to anticipated MRT station, many gurus in forum already identified (almost pinpointed) possible locations. There are quite a few developments to choose from... but if someone were to tell you exactly which is the "best", it might just send prices in that particular development up. Or, that someone might have other motives.

So, best is to read the forum and do your own homework.

Ask also got fault
    It is not a question of whether at fault or not. It is a question of attitude and attribute of a person.

If u look into this forum under D15, u just need to spend less than 2 minutes, (only 1 min for me) u will find at least 2 out of the 3 projects were discussed in depth already.

TS buying for own stay or investment?

1bdrm approx 888k

16 @ Amber FH
    2bdrm 1.1 mio

Sycamore tree apartment
    Px not available.

Thanks
    TSH location is good. Why? go look at map at the surroundings, you will notice that its near to everythg, gd public transport, shopping, eateries, cinema, banks etc etc.

Look at the point of view as an expat? will u rent this place?

Dun worry too much abt traffic congestion etc etc. A ppty with good points for amenities/facilities/transport/schools etc will definately have some heavy traffic at some minutes in a day so we all have to accept this little inconvenience.

If u look at the 'not announced' mrt lines for this area, can you imagine if the price will shoot up even higher?

Is there any sites in katong/parkway/i12 vicinity (500m?) with a massive project any sooner?

LH is a factor i suppose, but at least u knw u get a fresh 103yr lease (i duno when it starts) so you know for sure as a 1st owner u get the full lease

Buy ppty is a biggest thing at least for me. I recommend you take a stroll along the site at the busiest time of the day? feel the vibrancy of this area then make a choice. All the best

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    It is not a question of whether at fault or not. It is a question of attitude and attribute of a person.

If u look into this forum under D15, u just need to spend less than 2 minutes, (only 1 min for me) u will find at least 2 out of the 3 projects were discussed in depth already.
    ya, i have been reading. i dont even know what is strata and duno g what f. Google also don't understand. All the condo looks the same to me. The only difference is only the price. I don't drive, I can't even remember road name. There are many places in Singapore where I don't even go. The last time i went to the West area will be like > 5 years ago. Yishun, Woodlands > 3 years back. I do not have any friends to discuss with me, only agent friends. I can't ask my family for opinon too
    Last edited by Cupcakes; 08-01-13 at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    TS buying for own stay or investment?
    hello, i'm buying for own stay and possible capital appreciation. Thanks

From what u have shared, it will help if u could share more like if you need to be near good schools, any preference for environment like convenience, entertainment, quiet or bustling and how long u intend to hold etcetc

Will help us to give more meaningful suggestions