Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38131823282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 Loft, 80 units, Geylang

159 arrested in Geylang raid

AsiaOne
    Tuesday, Mar 11, 2014
    SINGAPORE - Police arrested a total of 159 people, including 89 men and 70 women, for various offences after multiples raids at Geylang in October last year.

The raids occured at Lorong 14, Lorong 16 and Lorong 24 in Geylang, and involved more than 170 officers from the Criminal Investigation Department, the Police Intelligence Department and the Special Operations Command.

One man, 47, is being accused of providing and selling information about the movement of police vehicles to crime syndicates operating in Geylang. Officers seized two binoculars, one telescope and two Iden handsets found in the subject's possession. Another 18 communication devices and a motorised bicycle were also seized in the operation.

Six of those arrested will face court on Wednesday for intentionally obstructing justice. If convicted, they can be jailed for up to seven years.

Another three suspects will also face court for assisting in the running of a brothel. If convicted, they can be fined up to $3,000 and jailed for up to three years.

Three other suspects believed to have obstructed justice and assisted in the management of a brothel will also be charged.

Investigations against the remaining suspects are ongoing.

Geylang East's location near city is its trump card
    But it also suffers from traffic jams and being close to red-light district

The Straits Times - December 21, 2013
    By: Melissa Tan

Geylang East has a "strong hinterland" of business and office space that would continue to provide rental demand for residential estates and lead to capital appreciation, says PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail. -- PHOTO: JAMIE KOH
    Geylang’s east side may not have the night-time buzz of the central Geylang Road stretch, but it is fast establishing itself as a mature residential estate.

Consultants say the area stands to benefit from its city-fringe location and the development plans for the area.

Location is its trump card, sitting between the city centre and the Paya Lebar sub-regional centre, said CBRE Research associate director Desmond Sim.

The precinct is dominated by shophouses, small apartment developments and many boutique hotels.

PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail said the Geylang East area has a "strong hinterland" of business and office space that would continue to provide rental demand for residential estates and lead to capital appreciation.

State land parcels are being released for development in the vicinity, consultants noted.

A 99-year leasehold residential plot in Geylang East Avenue 1 on the Government Land Sales reserve list was triggered for sale earlier this month after an unnamed developer said it would bid at least $95 million for the 67,146 sq ft land parcel.

That price works out to about $505 per sq ft per plot ratio (psf ppr). The tender closes in January.

This site is near Aljunied MRT station and could add about 215 new private homes to the area.

Reserve list sites go on sale once a developer lodges a minimum acceptable bid, while confirmed list sites go on the market immediately.

A commercial plot in Sims Avenue will be added to the reserve list in the first half of next year, the Government said earlier this week.

This land could be developed into about 935,814 sq ft of commercial space in gross floor area.

Several small residential projects have been launched recently in Geylang's east, including Grandview Suites in Lorong 22 and The Centren in Lorong 27. Both went on sale in October and are freehold.

At the 52-unit Grandview Suites, 41 units were sold by the end of last month, according to Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) data. The median price last month was $1,184 psf.

But sales have been lacklustre at the The Centren, which has seen only four units out of a total 34 sold as at Nov 30, URA figures show. The median price last month was $1,419 psf.

Other new launches this year include the 80-unit #1 Loft.

It was launched in January and was 95 per cent sold as at last month at an average price of about $1,300 psf, according to CBRE Research.

URA data for the project in Lorong 24 shows that only three units have been sold.

Another project in Lorong 24, the 56-unit The Octet, launched in April and saw 45 per cent of the homes sold as at November, CBRE Research said. The average price was also about $1,300 psf.

Mr Sim noted that median residential capital values for Geylang have risen gradually over the past three years and are poised to increase further from "possible private sector-driven urban revitalisation and regeneration in the future".

However, Mr Ismail noted that the area could still come with a stigma attached due to Geylang's infamy as a red-light district.

Mr Sim also said that the area is often congested, which leads to traffic delays.

"Other new launches this year include the 80-unit #1 Loft.

It was launched in January and was 95 per cent sold as at last month at an average price of about $1,300 psf, according to CBRE Research.

URA data for the project in Lorong 24 shows that only three units have been sold.
    "

The shitty reporter didn't even get the data correct.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    "Other new launches this year include the 80-unit #1 Loft.

"

The shitty reporter didn't even get the data correct.
    BabyT, Tiagong from the developer that this development will obtain TOP by Sep 2015... Do u feel happy...

anyone receive letter for next payment?

Today went to site in the morning, going up 2nd storey soon.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    your assessment is correct.

I am tempted to get a unit for investment too as it can be easily rented to the people in the trade. the monthly rent is way cheaper than renting a hotel rm for a month, definitely a good rental choice. I can forsee that owners who dont stay there, most likely will be renting to the prc mei mei.
    those online gals in this trade will try not to rent geylang,

underground black pple(pimps) will report them. bcos snatching their customers,

white pple (police) will patrol around geylang, and will catch on illegal prostitution due to uncontrolled sex workers

so online gals are not welcome in geylang

But if rent to PRC mei mei, aren't the owners afraid that they might "dirty" their house.

Previously my parents rented out a unit in Marine Parade to a bar girl. After the lease expired, the house was when we went there. All the windows were covered with curtains and when stepped on the kitchen floor , our legs could "glue" to the floor, is a thick layer of oil. I doubt she ever cleaned up the house.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    those online gals in this trade will try not to rent geylang,

underground black pple(pimps) will report them. bcos snatching their customers,

white pple (police) will patrol around geylang, and will catch on illegal prostitution due to uncontrolled sex workers

so online gals are not welcome in geylang
    Those online gals report to pimps lah.

i know this trade and pple, of cos i know they report to online pimps

lor 18 hse 17 1 of boss from oil bunkering.
    lor 18 hse 44 36yrs old boss drives m3 and e250 coupe.

last 1-2 yrs ago, CID cantonment still giving out license. you know.??

what i mean is the online gals are unlicensed brothels, operating in licensing brothels area. snatching customers from them.

snatching customers from legal brothels, most are underworld pple. they will just report illegal business, which are a threat to them.

in short, police and the licensed pimps are aiming at them, to operate in geylang
    Last edited by jwong71; 03-04-14 at 11:31.

and take note, landlord will be in deep shit.

landlord can claim big time to sub tenants for such business. lose of rental, legal process, anything involved.

some hdb landlord, whose hdb got into some shitty issue

their reply to hdb "i don't know"

hdb's and govt entities standard reply "its ur duty to check and know".

likewise for your pte property

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    last 1-2 yrs ago, CID cantonment still giving out license. you know.??
    Oh! Then they still can make the below comments. Is just like a mother is trying to clean the house while the children continue to dirty the house, it will never end leh.

Political observers who saw Prof Fatimah's post noted she sounded exasperated because of a lack of a concerted plan of action to manage the various issues that have long plagued Geylang.

Singapore Management University associate law professor Eugene Tan said: "The remarks by the police commissioner last week may have given the impression that she, as the MP, has not done enough to raise crime-control issues in Parliament and to the relevant agencies."

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Oh! Then they still can make the below comments. Is just like a mother is trying to clean the house while the children continue to dirty the house, it will never end leh.
    BabyT..hows the site progress?..can advise me?

Channel 8 has this variety show called <<Small Spaces>>

for 1loft owners, can get inspirations from there.

http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video...de-1/2eg3553oz

So strange why foundation works take so long for such a small project? My friends developer for a much bigger condo launch already received next payment notice when works started later

I cant wait for it as well

went on saturday to site. Actually, the foundation is already completed. part of level 1 is already erected. but still no payment notice... which is really concerning.

yup thats what i saw 2 weeks ago.

no payment requested yet.

maybe SL is cash rich can pay advance for us.

and also, 2 weeks ago, i still see the joss paper burner in front of our building...will they remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    yup thats what i saw 2 weeks ago.

no payment requested yet.

maybe SL is cash rich can pay advance for us.

and also, 2 weeks ago, i still see the joss paper burner in front of our building...will they remove it?
    well. they will have to remove it eventually when the building is completed.

From the pics, the only excuse I can think of is the right side of the pic still building, though foundation seems completed.

If they still don't call I think exceed the loan disbursement period liao for first payout Lawyer will need to write in to extend. So mafan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance1188 View Post
    From the pics, the only excuse I can think of is the right side of the pic still building, though foundation seems completed.

If they still don't call I think exceed the loan disbursement period liao for first payout Lawyer will need to write in to extend. So mafan!!
    Why? How come there is a disbursement period, I thought bank will disburse only when the developer calls for 1st payment (if you loan from the bank). Isn't it later the better because you need not pay for the loan interest?

Can check the conditions in ur approval letter. There will be a clause on when the first payment mus b triggered.

which bank are u using? anyway if write in also ur lawyer will do it. dont need worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance1188 View Post

right side of the building , there will just extend the column to 4th sty floor level...i guess the contractor will be not be constructing the floor slab on 2nd and 3 rd sty as they need to reserve the space to construct the structural frame of the mechanical car park......

Quote Originally Posted by lemon.chamomile View Post
    went on saturday to site. Actually, the foundation is already completed. part of level 1 is already erected. but still no payment notice... which is really concerning.

miss lemon....thanks for the update...u are better than my bro(Mr BabyT@KM Lim)...been asking this info from him but he didnt response to me.....

I missed this project as it was launched later, instead I purchased a unit at Riversails. I really like this #1 Loft, little "penthouse" feel. Renting out should be a breeze as it has very good private access to individual room. Can also stay in one room and rent out the other.

Anyone knows is there left over unit? What was the launched price back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado1967 View Post
    I missed this project as it was launched later, instead I purchased a unit at Riversails. I really like this #1 Loft, little "penthouse" feel. Renting out should be a breeze as it has very good private access to individual room. Can also stay in one room and rent out the other.

Anyone knows is there left over unit? What was the launched price back then?
    There still are units at #1 Suites by the same developer....from $ 1,088 psf

Raymond Loke
    SLP Scotia
    Mobile : + 65 91087536

I noticed in Ron Tan's picture that the developer is called Authentic Builders. How come the contractor changed Ron Tan ?

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008 View Post
    I noticed in Ron Tan's picture that the developer is called Authentic Builders. How come the contractor changed Ron Tan ?
    From what I know it was Authentic Builders from the start. But if you noticed that completion date has been changed to 3rdQ of 2015.

just received an email w scanned letter from my lawyer asking for next 10% payment $76K by 02 May