Page 6 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 Loft, 80 units, Geylang

Junior

Hi...in short there is no discount at all then.

i was told the first 10 will get 10% but looks like its applied to everyone now LOL. I know it could be a gimmick to make me sign asap but since i get to choose the corner unit and i m comfortable w the price im paying, so i brought it. as im not an investor but buying my first property to stay, i think its ok for me w the location, price and layout. I dont like the industrial looking warehouse look but i like the layout lor.

the units either face E or W (due to lorong layout) but the E faces paya lebar and the W faces city so I rather endure the W sun and go for W side. i really hope i can see the city from 9th storey of my balcony.

The units facing east face a row of conservation houses, so the view will not be blocked for the higher floors.

The west facing unit will face Lorong 24 directly.

The discount started before cny, so I guess the earlier buyers didn't enjoy that discount, but I suspect they bought at even lower listed prices? Anyway the discount is still on-going ....

Overall quite comfortable with the layout but not with lor 24. But thanks to the neighboring brothels and seedy environment, otherwise u can't get a city fringe project at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    The units facing east face a row of conservation houses, so the view will not be blocked for the higher floors.

The west facing unit will face Lorong 24 directly.
    i was thinking the west side facing the lower lorongs does not have very high buildings so just try my luck hopefully can see some city from my open balcony.

since the combined height is about 6.2m for 2 storeys, they are quite high even for 1 storey...so hopefully their 9 storey is taller than standard.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by babyt
    i was thinking the west side facing the lower lorongs does not have very high buildings so just try my luck hopefully can see some city from my open balcony.

since the combined height is about 6.2m for 2 storeys, they are quite high even for 1 storey...so hopefully their 9 storey is taller than standard.
    Hi...possible to ask your agent to offer a lower price?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Went alone, so agent talking to me and hard to take pictures.
    Anyway, it is so small and nothing much to take pictures.
    Booking fee 5%
    Next 15 % = 5% buyer pays, 10% developer pays for it (developer absorbs it).

I did not enquire much about the 3 BR unit but the smallest ones are sold out.
    The next smallest 3 BR available is the 1012 sq ft.
    Agent said it is about 1.2 mil.

The cheapest 1+1 unit available is $726 800 on the second floor west facing ie facing lorong 24.
    So the caveat price is the full price but you actually pay 90%. Bank loan will be based on full price? Is this legal ?

If like this also can, developer can mark up price 100%, then pay 50%. 60% LTV become 80%.... Whatever CM also no use...

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    So the caveat price is the full price but you actually pay 90%. Bank loan will be based on full price? Is this legal ?

If like this also can, developer can mark up price 100%, then pay 50%. 60% LTV become 80%.... Whatever CM also no use...
    Imo definitely not legal. You are supposed to declare all cash discounts when taking up a loan

Quote Originally Posted by sh

Agent say no discount.
    But developer help u pay the 10%.
    So he says it is legal.
    It is as though u buy a house n a fren help u pay.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Mcm, lol .... I know u meant well, but don't be so harsh to a newbie la, he/she's just a baby ok?
    It's not meant for him only... is for anyone who say 'must only say nice things' in a forum.