Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 Loft, 80 units, Geylang

Dear all,

Seems like there are so much discussion here .. Edenz loft, though launched earlier than one loft, the discussion is not so active.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Not so bad now. The very first time when someone posted a thread about the investment in Geylang, there were lots of negative responses but now it proved that they were wrong, prices have gone up by xx times. The only set back is the vice, if only vice can be relocated, then everything will be fine given the location and the food stalls.

Say difficult to relocate the vice, then in the 1st place, how they shift the vice from Desker Road to here? How long they take to plan? Vice have occupied Geylang for too long already, is time for them to change home liow.
    There is no shift of vice activities from Desker Road to Geylang. Desker Road is still vice infested catering to a different group of people.

Question is, "Change home to where?". With the nimby syndrome currently very strong in S'pore, it's a tough road ahead for any authority trying to do that.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

maybe edenz loft buyers not IT savvy to find this forum?

the floorplan of edenz loft does not look like loft to me leh. no double storey and no platform for upper deck as well?

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    There is no shift of vice activities from Desker Road to Geylang. Desker Road is still vice infested catering to a different group of people.

Question is, "Change home to where?". With the nimby syndrome currently very strong in S'pore, it's a tough road ahead for any authority trying to do that.
    Change to shopping centres where there are no residential areas or better still shift them to an island.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw

I agree, Geylang has always been what it is, infested by vice activities, pretty robust and self-sustaining, independent of what happens to Desker. I'm not sure how you get wind that 'Desker Road activities' have moved here in the first place.

As said, I'm not here to debate whether buying a unit in Geylang or more specifically Lorong 24 is a good investment. I just want to share my thoughts as well as my first-hand observations on the grounds, over the years with the new home-owners and prospective buyers.

I guess we all have a common interest here; you want good returns from your investment whilst we want the authorities to work harder to restore law and order so that we can have a safer home.

If you like what you hear, let's work together to make it happen.
    Help to propagate this! Everyone deserves a safer home!
    https://www.facebook.com/SaveJalanSuka

Hi Adam,

I m aware that u hv juz bought a condo recently .. The purpose
    U want all the vice activities to be removed, is to ensure that your geylang house price will appreciate..with this, u can sell off the geylang house..

Such a smart move.. U plan to use the money from geylang house to fund your new condo ...

Quote Originally Posted by rontan_83
    Hi Adam,

U want all the vice activities to be removed, is to ensure that your geylang house price will appreciate..with this, u can sell off the geylang house..

Such a smart move.. U plan to use the money from geylang house to fund your new condo ...
    The vice move also benefit you mah....your property will also go up in price

if the VICE no more there...what will happen to the price of the apartment ?will it shoot up to $1700/sqft?

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008
    The vice move also benefit you mah....your property will also go up in price
    it will benefit everyone in geylang except the orkwees and the short-time hotels which will need to transform themselves into boutique hotels
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Hi Adam,

why sell off freehold? rent out la
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Hi Adam,

This is a ridiculous as well as a disappointing assumption. My wife-to-be and I are financing the new property through our own means. The house @ Jalan Suka belongs to my mom and she has no plans of selling it.

Dear all,

Seems like there are so much discussion here .. Edenz loft, though launched earlier than one loft, the discussion is not so active.
    Aiyoh, the discussion here is not solely on #1 Loft leh, it seems to be a general discussion on Geylang ppty lor.

Hi Chairman Adam,

So sorry about that for making wrong assumption...

When can u make arrangement for all the Home Buyers at Lorong 24, to meet up? The discussion is to eradicate the Vice Activities at Lorong 24..Why dont we engage the security guards to chase all the WHores away from Jalan Suka?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    This is a ridiculous as well as a disappointing assumption. My wife-to-be and I are financing the new property through our own means. The house @ Jalan Suka belongs to my mom and she has no plans of selling it.

I hope, by hook or by crook, when i moving in to #1 loft by 2016, all the chicken will be chased out....

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Aiyoh, the discussion here is not solely on #1 Loft leh, it seems to be a general discussion on Geylang ppty lor.
    Iris, u still single? Since u booked one unit there and staying there, u dont feel worried, that the streetwalkers there might think u r a whore?

Iris, u still single? Since u booked one unit there and staying there, u dont feel worried, that the streetwalkers there might think u r a whore?
    Hahaha, I'm an old lady now, no man will bother to look at me lah. They are not afraid to have nightmare meh?

#1 Loft is not facing directly Jln Suka and Jln Molek. I think Octet is the one nearest to action.

Hi Chairman Adam,

So sorry about that for making wrong assumption...

When can u make arrangement for all the Home Buyers at Lorong 24, to meet up? The discussion is to eradicate the Vice Activities at Lorong 24..Why dont we engage the security guards to chase all the WHores away from Jalan Suka?

How did joo chiat get mps and polic to driv out vice......the problem is the whores just go another street another house.....

Quote Originally Posted by JAFCO
    How did joo chiat get mps and polic to driv out vice......the problem is the whores just go another street another house.....
    Which is exactly what's going on here; the authorities are not interested in implementing systemic solution for some undisclose reasons ...

really no way to turn Lorong 24 fully into residential area?

Hi to all, just an update. Some construction works have begun on the stretch nearest to Jalan Suka which I assume it's not 1 Loft.

By the way, I'm arranging an appointment with the CO of Geylang NPC so as to touch base and allow both sides to understand the situation better as well as getting some 'real updates'.

Will keep you posted, if you are interested.

Hi to all, just an update. Some construction works have begun on the stretch nearest to Jalan Suka which I assume it's not 1 Loft.

By the way, I'm arranging an appointment with the CO of Geylang NPC so as to touch base and allow both sides to understand the situation better as well as getting some 'real updates'.

Will keep you posted, if you are interested.

have a good meeting

Quote Originally Posted by JAFCO
    have a good meeting
    Thanks, hope I'll have more good news to share; at the meantime I'm still counting on your support to spread the news via the FB page, it's gaining traction though not in a phenomenal way ...

Thanks, hope I'll have more good news to share; at the meantime I'm still counting on your support to spread the news via the FB page, it's gaining traction though not in a phenomenal way ...
    Adam , please help to chase the chicken away from lorong 24...we need to stay at a safe place ..,

We're still waiting for the time and date of this meeting so that we can give you support to wipe out vice in our outwardly conservative sexually sterile Asian society.

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008
    We're still waiting for the time and date of this meeting so that we can give you support to wipe out vice in our outwardly conservative sexually sterile Asian society.
    Yes, Count me in... If u need our support..

Adam , please help to chase the chicken away from lorong 24...we need to stay at a safe place ..,

At Amsterdam, the ladies are packed in shoebox windows.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcSjq...ture=endscreen

could this happen then by 2030......???if we become a global city....

Hi, I'll be arranging a meeting with all of us once the conference with Geylang NPC is settled. Hope to to bring more useful information to the table.
    Stay tuned.

Btw, I wonder how we calculate the LOFT space? If it stated 560 sqf, does it included air space as well?

airspace is stated as Void in the Sales agreement.

for example, though im paying for 51sqm, I m actually paying for 42sqm.