Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 Loft, 80 units, Geylang

Quote Originally Posted by babyt
    airspace is stated as Void in the Sales agreement.

for example, though im paying for 51sqm, I m actually paying for 42sqm.
    I see............

Pass by Lorong 24 this morning at around 11am+. Saw lots of Indian vice in their sarees, very conservative type (1st time I see Indian vice) but not much of the chinese vice. Where are all the chinese vice gone to? Jalan Suka also very quiet. Two weeks back, there were so many Chinese vice than today. Also not much of the men stood there to watch the vice today. Is this an "Indian Day" today, all Indian men and Indian "ladies" there.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Pass by Lorong 24 this morning at around 11am+. Saw lots of Indian vice in their sarees, very conservative type (1st time I see Indian vice) but not much of the chinese vice. Where are all the chinese vice gone to? Jalan Suka also very quiet. Two weeks back, there were so many Chinese vice than today. Also not much of the men stood there to watch the vice today. Is this an "Indian Day" today, all Indian men and Indian "ladies" there.
    iris...u bought a unit at Lorong 24 too?..hehe

The reason is because Deskar road conservation shophouses which used to be brothels now cost $5M, so that cannot sell their saris there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rontan_83
    iris...u bought a unit at Lorong 24 too?..hehe

but

Jalan Suka was quiet? Maybe you caught them while everyone's 'taking a break'. Otherwise it's been very robust.

The streetwalkers are mainly Indians, Vietnamese and even a few locals, Malay and Chinese and they are all over the place ...
    Help to propagate this! Everyone deserves a safer home!
    https://www.facebook.com/SaveJalanSuka

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Jalan Suka was quiet? Maybe you caught them while everyone's 'taking a break'. Otherwise it's been very robust.

The streetwalkers are mainly Indians, Vietnamese and even a few locals, Malay and Chinese and they are all over the place ...
    That's why I'm very curious, where are all the Chinese and instead I saw many Indians and maybe 3 or 4 chinese. Maybe I'm too early on that day.

Sis Iris, you go there so many times?
    Next time you go there, you take pictures or video of the place for us to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi

Hi Adam,

In your youtube videos, "Jalan Suka - Lorong 24 (23/3/2013) ~ My neighours, the running prostitutes - Part I & II", what are the prostitutes running away from, and is the uncle (who before that was talking on some sort of walkie-talkie and led the prostitute running, he's the pimp guy? Another man then closed the gate! So many of them all part of the vice ring located in the unit(s) just below your apartment?

How often do these "running" incidents occur?

PF

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Erm, don't think it's good advice; it's not safe ...

Quote Originally Posted by property_finder
    Hi Adam,

In your youtube videos, "Jalan Suka - Lorong 24 (23/3/2013) ~ My neighours, the running prostitutes - Part I & II", what are the prostitutes running away from, and is the uncle (who before that was talking on some sort of walkie-talkie and led the prostitute running, he's the pimp guy? Another man then closed the gate! So many of them all part of the vice ring located in the unit(s) just below your apartment?

How often do these "running" incidents occur?

PF
    It's part and parcel of life here @ Jalan Suka ...

Based on URA March data,

50 out of 80 units sold for #1 Loft
    30 out of 42 units sold for Edenz Loft
    0 out of 56 for The Octet

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I went to see the progress of my project in other Lorong almost every weekend, so on the way drove into Lorong 24 and have a look. Ever thought of taking the photos to share here but don't dare leh. So many vice and "men" around there, I doubt they will let you take their photos, I scare they will come after me.

Based on URA March data,

Octet should have their showflat sited eg beside Aljunied mrt instead. Maybe can see a handful of sales vs 0. Just a suggestion.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

I went to see the progress of my project in other Lorong almost every weekend, so on the way drove into Lorong 24 and have a look. Ever thought of taking the photos to share here but don't dare leh. So many vice and "men" around there, I doubt they will let you take their photos, I scare they will come after me.
    Best is to use the footage from the SPF-CCTV which is located at the junction of Lorong 24 and Jalan Suka; sure captured anything that moves and doesn't move. But then again, SPF doesn't share it; I'm not even sure whether it's working or not ... hang on, I'm not even sure the authorities 'are working' on enforcement here ...

Based on URA March data,

Baby T..since one loft has sold more than 60%...can u chase the developer to commence the construction works ASAP...seems like no construction activities at all....

u r funny. im just a buyer of a unit like u...u ask me to chase developer to start building???

Baby T..since one loft has sold more than 60%...can u chase the developer to commence the construction works ASAP...seems like no construction activities at all....
    Not so fast. When I first bought my apartment, the enbloc apartment was also not tear down yet. My agent told me that 6 months later, then they would start the foundation work. Foundation work take longer times, other than that, it will be quite fast, now they have built up to 8 storey already (approx 1.5 yrs including the foundation work).

Seems there are many concerns regarding the vice activities in the area which is already well known.

Just curious, if this is so why then choose to invest in a Geylang unit?

Still, congrats to all owners. The loft units looks really chic and cool.
    Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Seems there are many concerns regarding the vice activities in the area which is already well known.

Just curious, if this is so why then choose to invest in a Geylang unit?

Still, congrats to all owners. The loft units looks really chic and cool.
    Loved it!
    No choice lor, no "Vitamin M "to buy other area that is near to city and yet is freehold.

below are the reasons:

-5mins walk to aljunied MRT
    -near CBD
    -High rental yield
    -freehold
    -low density apartment
    - per sqft only 1350 dollars...
    for redhill 99 years leasehold , per sqft 2000 dollars

I have spoken to 3 agents who r frens w me and who are not related to each other and don't do my sales....they said Geylang can buy one. rental yield is high.

I have spoken to 3 agents who r frens w me and who are not related to each other and don't do my sales....they said Geylang can buy one. rental yield is high.
    Babyt,

HOw much can the 1bedroom type to be rented out?
    $1500 per month?

rontan, I find ur qns u asked for #1 Loft very weird...u said the TOP is very long, u dunno the rental yield etc....then how u actually make the decision to buy #1 Loft when you didn't do ur work or ask ur agent.

just curious only lah.

rental sld be about 2.5K-3K.

rontan, I find ur qns u asked for #1 Loft very weird...u said the TOP is very long, u dunno the rental yield etc....then how u actually make the decision to buy #1 Loft when you didn't do ur work or ask ur agent.

just curious only lah.

rental sld be about 2.5K-3K.
    Babyt...this is the cheapest private housing in SG....so i hv got no other choice...

One loft vs Edenz Loft...which one better?

#1 loft.

cos double storey unlike edenz. more unique.

actually #1loft is not very near to Suka and Molek also. Octet is the one nearest to action

Babyt...this is the cheapest private housing in SG....so i hv got no other choice...
    Treasures at G20 is cheaper.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Where are the showroom for all the 3 projects in Lor 24?

Where are the showroom for all the 3 projects in Lor 24?

The showroom for Edenz Loft have already closed.

The showroom for #1 Loft is located along 68 Guillemard Road, roughly oppositie of Lor 14. But I think it is closing as well.

The showroom for The Octet is located at Lor 22. Beside Santa Grand.