Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LAND PARCEL AT AMK AVE 2

Default LAND PARCEL AT AMK AVE 2

With overwhelming response of 12 bidders, top bid came in $790psf land price. Selling should be above $1200psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    With overwhelming response of 12 bidders, top bid came in $790psf land price. Selling should be above $1200psf.
    Personally, I feel that location is not bad. It is on top of a hill should have good geomancy I guess A big plus is proximity to future Mayflower MRT that should be just a short walk away ~350m.

I have a feeling the psf will be 1400 upwards.

Faint...so ex.

Yup! Nothing will come cheap when near mrt plus St. Nicholas Girls' school across the street. Price, take reference to Thomson Grand.

it is actually below the street level on one side.

Bartley residences $620psf selling $1250, so this one looks like $1400 really highly plausible.

Where will be a cheap next to mrt site now?!

la fiesta will be the last 550k next to mrt?

TM Keppel bid 790psf also ... this one fully priced in future MRT
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Bartley residences $620psf selling $1250, so this one looks like $1400 really highly plausible.
    Wow will it also push up the HDB flat price there too?
    Wah if $1400 centro residence now looks cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Wow will it also push up the HDB flat price there too?
    Wah if $1400 centro residence now looks cheap...
    No reason that I can think of that will benefit the HDB prices nearby.

Btw the developer is wheelock.. Have they developed any properties recently?

wheelock's been out of action for a while. The last one they did was Sea View outside of the Ardmore area. wheelock doing OCR projects?? This will be interesting, although the price could be even more "interesting".

i reckon they will sell $1500psf.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i reckon they will sell $1500psf.
    And their selling point is? Within 300m of St Nics? It's quite a walk to the kebun bahru mrt station actually. I salute the buyers who will set a new benchmark for the vicinity.

Developers are still positive. Capitaland likes land near good school, just like in Bishan. Too bad lost out here.

Default an exerpt from BT today

"We see great potential in this choice site being next to St Nicholas Girls' School and the future Mayflower MRT station," said Tan Bee Kim, senior executive director at Wheelock Properties (Singapore).

Lee Sze Teck, senior manager for training, research and consultancy at DWG, noted that Wheelock has "rarely ventured into the suburban areas" and are usually known for their upmarket freehold condominiums in prime areas.
    Should Wheelock be awarded the Ang Mo Kio site, it will be just the developer's third development in the suburbs, after Parc Oasis and the Sea View. It will also just be Wheelock's second non-freehold property after Parc Oasis.

Wheelock's bid translated to an absolute sum of just over $550 million, compared with the second highest offer of $536.2 million, or $770.08 psf ppr, from CapitaLand unit Athens Residential Development.

anybody familiar with wheellock? parc oasis seems to hold very well for a 20 yr ppty in terms of upkeep and quality. does the credit go to MC or wheellock?

early Feb 2013, the parcel at Tanan Marah will be closed
    look like $900 psf ppr is possible at the rate that GLS is going

Is this very near to Mayflower MRT station? At first I was wondering how can so hot when not near MRT? Now I know...

Don't think $900psf is possoible for Tanah Merah lah. At least AMK quite close to town. Tanah Merah is like far eastern end liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    early Feb 2013, the parcel at Tanan Marah will be closed
    look like $900 psf ppr is possible at the rate that GLS is going

Near Mayflower MRT and next to St. Nic's. But no mall and not much amenities within walking distance (HDB shops only).

Main selling points will be MRT and school. But will be so many people balloting....

If launching at 1500psf it will make Thomson Grand look like a bargain and Sky Habitat will benefit too.

Thomson Line is a good route to Orchard Rd/Shenton Way/MBFC and to the North (possibly JB) in the future.

Tanah Merah is far from city centre unless you are working in the East.

wheelock been developing prime properties most of the time. ardmore park remains a landmark in prime despite being close to 20 years too. the same can be said of the newer grange residences.

i cannot recall them building small units though. their recent smallest is probably at 600+ sq ft 1 bedder at scotts square. will be interesting to see if they will build 1 bedders below 500 sq ft. hopefully they can prove that its possible to maintain quality while making money hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    anybody familiar with wheellock? parc oasis seems to hold very well for a 20 yr ppty in terms of upkeep and quality. does the credit go to MC or wheellock?

They will launch comparable to Capland's Bishan St 14. You think how much leh? Don't expect to be lower than 1500..

given that wheelock has no other landbank in singapore (except ardmore 3, which is already work in progress), i wonder if they will turn around this site real fast (since they have nothing much to do anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    They will launch comparable to Capland's Bishan St 14. You think how much leh? Don't expect to be lower than 1500..
    It says.. "The project will be ready for launch in six to nine months’ time. In anticipation of latent demand, the sale price is anticipated to be S$1,500 psf or more.”

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...ng-mo-kio-site

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    wheelock's been out of action for a while. The last one they did was Sea View outside of the Ardmore area. wheelock doing OCR projects?? This will be interesting, although the price could be even more "interesting".
    I think wheelock was also trying to the JLD site, but lost it to MCL.

right now CCR is sleepy, all the high end developers now no fish prawn also good .... Keppel Land at Tanah Merah ... Wheelock at Ang Mo Kio, who is next?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

sc global at punggol? hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    right now CCR is sleepy, all the high end developers now no fish prawn also good .... Keppel Land at Tanah Merah ... Wheelock at Ang Mo Kio, who is next?

yes, they also tried for one more site i think, forgot whether it was jervois or farrer. they bid too low for those. but this one is quite nice, beat capland by such a thin margin and with 5 other big players + the fragrance/aspial jv all bidding at 700psf or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    I think wheelock was also trying to the JLD site, but lost it to MCL.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    If they're still on the sideline , they will MTB .

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?