Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punggol East by-election on 26 Jan

Default Punggol East by-election on 26 Jan

election lai liao

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...246889/1/.html

SINGAPORE: A by-election will be held for Punggol East Single-Member Constituency (SMC), after Member of Parliament Michael Palmer resigned over an extra-marital affair.

Nomination Day will be held on 16 January 2013. If more than one candidate stand for nominations on Nomination Day, Polling Day will be held on 26 January 2013. Polling Day will not be a public holiday.

The president issued the Writ of Election on Wednesday.

The Nomination Place is North Vista Secondary School at Rivervale Link.

The Returning Officer is Mr Yam Ah Mee, chief executive director of the People's Association.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he had decided to hold a by-election in Punggol East to give the residents their own Member of Parliament, before Singapore focuses back on national issues.

In a statement, he said: "We have a busy national agenda this year. The White Paper on Population will soon be debated in Parliament. Budget 2013 is around the corner. The Our Singapore Conversation is translating the views of citizens into programmes to improve our lives."

Mr Lee hopes Punggol East residents will vote for the candidate who can best represent them in Parliament, solve their problems and improve their lives.

He said Minister of State and Mayor Teo Ser Luck has been overseeing the constituency, while Mr Zainal Sapari has been chairing the Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council.

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean has also taken a personal interest in the residents' welfare.

Tot its once every 4/5 years. Now it seems every 6 months...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    speculate leh, who will be standing for election

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    speculate leh, who will be standing for election
    百家爭鳴必定白家政民

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    百家爭鳴必定白家政民
    skali, the opps already conspire and finally only 1 opp turn up on nomination day

skali, the opps already conspire and finally only 1 opp turn up on nomination day
    Would'nt be a surprise it iy turns out this way.. He He may be the different Opp parties trick .. in getting the by-election to be held bcos PAP think it's a sure multi-corner fight and they bao chiak wan ,,hence they hold the by-election.

Doubt the Opp have any unity. A PAP win again.

meow....said the pussy...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Doubt the Opp have any unity. A PAP win again.
    depends on wat the voters want; (peace and prosperity) or (excitement but uncertainty).

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    depends on wat the voters want; (peace and prosperity) or (excitement but uncertainty).
    piss and posteriority? hahaha

cos MPs are having affairs unreservedly nowadays?!

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    cos MPs are having affairs unreservedly nowadays?!
    maybe we should start to guess after Punggol East, how many more bi-elections before 2016?
    at current rate is, 1 per year, so 2014 and 2015, i guess 2 more bi-elections to go

unlikely lah... some opposition like to spoil market de... but looking from a different perspective, those who don't want WP will just give their votes to other opp rather than PAP... lol..

maybe we should start to guess after Punggol East, how many more bi-elections before 2016?
    at current rate is, 1 per year, so 2014 and 2015, i guess 2 more bi-elections to go
    Think after so many news recently, it'll be quiet for some time coz all MPs are more careful of unnecessary scrutiny. Wait invite to PM office to drink kopi..

unlikely lah... some opposition like to spoil market de... but looking from a different perspective, those who don't want WP will just give their votes to other opp rather than PAP... lol..
    then, this confirm 人都是自私的
    i think almost everyone in sg understand, if there is only 1 opp contesting, then the chance of winning is very possible...
    yet, the opp parties cannot work towards a common goal

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...-chee-20130110
    SINGAPORE Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan said last night that the party had e-mailed the Workers' Party to suggest a meeting to avoid a three-cornered fight.
    WP chairman Sylvia Lim replied, he said, adding: "There was no indication that they wanted to meet."

On what would make the SDP reconsider, Mr Jufrie cited two factors: If the WP had the better candidate, or if a stand-down would "open the way for cooperation" in the next general election.

then, this confirm 人都是自私的
    i think almost everyone in sg understand, if there is only 1 opp contesting, then the chance of winning is very possible...
    yet, the opp parties cannot work towards a common goal

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...-chee-20130110
    SINGAPORE Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan said last night that the party had e-mailed the Workers' Party to suggest a meeting to avoid a three-cornered fight.
    WP chairman Sylvia Lim replied, he said, adding: "There was no indication that they wanted to meet."

On what would make the SDP reconsider, Mr Jufrie cited two factors: If the WP had the better candidate, or if a stand-down would "open the way for cooperation" in the next general election.
    May not be just a 3 cornered fight... so many parties are interested... working together is the only solution for them to expand their influences...

looking at the current situatoin, confirm chop PAP win. becoz oppo >1 party join in the fun means all votes split. i reckon that's why small lee faster call election, dun give them time to sit down and work out strategy.

ok, now the fun thing is... which is the next ward coming up for by-election? (ie: who is the next MP to pikchiat lobang... whistle blowing is in vogue now. sure got more dirty laundry)

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    looking at the current situatoin, confirm chop PAP win. becoz oppo >1 party join in the fun means all votes split. i reckon that's why small lee faster call election, dun give them time to sit down and work out strategy.

ok, now the fun thing is... which is the next ward coming up for by-election? (ie: who is the next MP to pikchiat lobang... whistle blowing is in vogue now. sure got more dirty laundry)
    Agreed. Some acts might already have been committed but not discovered or revealed yet...

first participant confirmed... who is next ?

PAP fields Koh Poh Koon as its candidate for by-election
    He said that as an HDB heartlander, he can readily identify with many of the issues and daily struggles faced by Singaporeans and pledged to make the community a better place to live in and to create opportunities for a better future

he staying in hdb now ?
    Last edited by taggy; 10-01-13 at 10:34.

first participant confirmed... who is next ?

PAP fields Koh Poh Koon as its candidate for by-election
    He said that as an HDB heartlander, he can readily identify with many of the issues and daily struggles faced by Singaporeans and pledged to make the community a better place to live in and to create opportunities for a better future

he staying in hdb now ?
    people is loktor leh.. where got loktor stay HDBee one

people is loktor leh.. where got loktor stay HDBee one
    that is what i think lah... but then CNA say HDB heartlander leh
    can be HDB heartlander but not staying in one ?

chan chun sing also heartlander. i duno where he stays lah, but his pay in SAF also same as average loktor (of coz lower than senior loktor)

whatever the straights times say, pple will believe. they say heartlander means heartlander lah. sinkies very straight one, cannot turn one.

sinkies very straight one, cannot turn one.
    so can i be defined as slightly above average sinkies... bec at least i raise my doubt here hahahahah

According to the news:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...247058/1/.html
    Dr Koh said he grew up poor -- his father was a bus driver, working two shifts a day to support a family of five children.

so can i be defined as slightly above average sinkies... bec at least i raise my doubt here hahahahah
    congrats. you are now 80/20. the 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    According to the news:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...247058/1/.html
    Dr Koh said he grew up poor -- his father was a bus driver, working two shifts a day to support a family of five children.
    aiya, then should say "ex-HDB heartlander"

wonder why pap want to field a doctor in punggol. Singapore already short of surgeons, should just let him practise his trade. the job of mp any tom, dick n harry with a degree n the the right relations can do,but to be a good surgeon, a person needs about ten years of training.

the moment you call yourself sinkies already say volume about yourself, how you view yourself, your attitude, your national pride.

if you don't view yourself as Singaporeans, no matter which party is ruling, you will always be a sinkies.

aiya, then should say "ex-HDB heartlander"
    Who knows... mabbe he still stay in HDB?

Or mabbe he still own a HDB ?
    Last edited by buttercarp; 10-01-13 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    the moment you call yourself sinkies already say volume about yourself, how you view yourself, your attitude, your national pride.

if you don't view yourself as Singaporeans, no matter which party is ruling, you will always be a sinkies.
    alamak tio suan liao.... i m pink ic Singaporean, served NS.

actually i didnt really paid attention to the word "sinkies", actually it mean sink down huh