Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $92,100 COE

Default $92,100 COE

Certificate of entitlement (COEs) for cars up to 1,600cc - long the mainstay of budget car buyers - shot through the roof at the latest tender Wednesday to set yet another record price.The premium ended at $92,100, almost $10,000 more than its previous price.COE for cars above 1,600c ended higher as well, but at a more modest rate to $96,210, from $93,501 previously. The Open category, which can be used for any type of vehicle but ends up mainly for bigger cars, inched upwards from $95,990 to $96,101.Commercial vehicle COE premiums ended slightly lower at $60,000, from $62,201 three weeks ago. The motorbike premium rose to $1,933, from $1,701.Motor traders attribute the day's results to panic bidding by car dealers bent on securing as many certificates as possible before an even smaller quota kicks in from next month. A three-week interval between the latest tender and the last one also created a bigger backlog of orders, fuelling a more aggressive bidding behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Certificate of entitlement (COEs) for cars up to 1,600cc - long the mainstay of budget car buyers - shot through the roof at the latest tender Wednesday to set yet another record price.The premium ended at $92,100, almost $10,000 more than its previous price.COE for cars above 1,600c ended higher as well, but at a more modest rate to $96,210, from $93,501 previously. The Open category, which can be used for any type of vehicle but ends up mainly for bigger cars, inched upwards from $95,990 to $96,101.Commercial vehicle COE premiums ended slightly lower at $60,000, from $62,201 three weeks ago. The motorbike premium rose to $1,933, from $1,701.Motor traders attribute the day's results to panic bidding by car dealers bent on securing as many certificates as possible before an even smaller quota kicks in from next month. A three-week interval between the latest tender and the last one also created a bigger backlog of orders, fuelling a more aggressive bidding behaviour.
    Stay near MRT is the way to go......

Houses near MRT .. Huat ah !

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateAro888
    Stay near MRT is the way to go......

Houses near MRT .. Huat ah !
    Agree. Luckily I bought one beside MRT otherwise another 5 more years my COE expired, i will go crazy liao.

Quote Originally Posted by virzone
    Agree. Luckily I bought one beside MRT otherwise another 5 more years my COE expired, i will go crazy liao.
    I am just worrying 5 years then - the property market would crash.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    COE would tumble as well for sure....

no incentive to buy turbo charged Cat A lux cars when the COE is the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    OCR up from 1000psf to 1800psf and back to 1200psf?
    HDB resale index up from 200 to 276 and back down to 230?
    COE up from 100k to 180k and back down to 120?

Ride at your own risk !!!

buy on dips and sell on rally.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    no incentive to buy turbo charged Cat A lux cars when the COE is the same price.
    No matter what Cat A lux car will still be cheaper then any conti cat B.

All Conti Cat B sure 220+k no escape, so Cat A may still be attractive hovering around 150-200k.

our COE inflation is comparable to:

Iran annual inflation hits 27.4 percent
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73
    No matter what Cat A lux car will still be cheaper then any conti cat B.

All Conti Cat B sure 220+k no escape, so Cat A may still be attractive hovering around 150-200k.
    Cat A turbo charged lux car was cheaper because of the 15-20k differential from Cat B. Now only a few thousand. the gap is going to be marginal. if you are buying a 200k car as it is with this insanely high Cat A COE, would you save that last 10-20k and get a sluggishly turbo charged lux car or just go straight for the Cat B version?

kns i selling my honda jazz almost 1month still cannot sell.....maybe because manual..
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    kns i selling my honda jazz almost 1month still cannot sell.....maybe because manual..
    Gen Y don't drive manual cars.
    Gen X eg myself, forgot how drive manual car.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Gen "z"(meaning nearing retirement onwards ) will drive fully automated transportation.. the mrt and bus.(drive by some one else )..
    cannot afford car anymore by then...

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Too tiring to drive a manual car when you are always faced with jams.

Too tiring to drive a manual car when you are always faced with jams.
    ha ha agree but i love manuals......my vios also manual...my suzuki also manual...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

ha ha agree but i love manuals......my vios also manual...my suzuki also manual...
    Manual car drivers are v rare now... you are facing extinction, man. Even my dad who's been driving manual for about 20+ years is driving auto for more than 10 years already...

Manual cars very small resale market, even high end sports car, mostly are auto. i swith from manual to auto since 2000 and never look back

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Manual car drivers are v rare now... you are facing extinction, man. Even my dad who's been driving manual for about 20+ years is driving auto for more than 10 years already...
    looking at how my wife drive, i think she will never pass the test if she drive manual

(she don't come this forum, and she also don't noe my nick)

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    looking at how my wife drive, i think she will never pass the test if she drive manual

(she don't come this forum, and she also don't noe my nick)
    i am so lucky my wife likes manual...she say auto no power...but then again her husband is a poor man cannot afford to buy her a vw golf gti...only a vios...

KNS the first car i bought for my wife in 2005..brand new...yesterday open 2nd prize...

it was a MANUAL....

Especially those go malaysia. Jam at causeway 1+ hour. No fun driving manual.

Especially those go malaysia. Jam at causeway 1+ hour. No fun driving manual.
    ha ha agree...got good got bad...those hardcore drivers will die die never drive auto...but once they become old......who knows

ha ha agree...got good got bad...those hardcore drivers will die die never drive auto...but once they become old......who knows
    When leaving the carpark on an upslope then cars in front jammed (no cash card, etc) then move stop move stop... no joke man...

i am so lucky my wife likes manual...she say auto no power...but then again her husband is a poor man cannot afford to buy her a vw golf gti...only a vios...
    Vios is a very good car. It got a good 1500cc engine. Smooth ctv transmission and very economical to run. Much better and more fun to drive than corolla altis or even a camry.

5 yrs back, my dad bought a Mark X for $92k. Today, you buy a paper for $92k...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    5 yrs back, my dad bought a Mark X for $92k. Today, you buy a paper for $92k...
    Beginning of 2009, i bought a jap car for 5xk. Just 3years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Beginning of 2009, i bought a jap car for 5xk. Just 3years ago.
    u could have got a 3 bedder condo for 5xxK then

Put a 1 in front now...

What do u mean?