Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Landed will drop while other property segments continue to rise

I think brother eng81157 refers to freehold terrace which is currently asking at more than S$3million.

Most 99 years leasehold resale landed are to left with around 60-70 years lease if I am not wrong. When you go to the bank with the property with 60 years lease, I do not think they wish to take too much risk for your loan.

Just My Humble Opinion Only.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    I think brother eng81157 refers to freehold terrace which is currently asking at more than S$3million.

Most 99 years leasehold resale landed are to left with around 60-70 years lease if I am not wrong. When you go to the bank with the property with 60 years lease, I do not think they wish to take too much risk for your loan.

Just My Humble Opinion Only.
    so many FH terrace at macpherson area.

Quote Originally Posted by charm
    Terraced House For Sale - Loyang Villas (D17)

S$ 1,750,001 (Negotiable)
    S$ 700.00 psf (built-up)
    2,030 sqft / 189 sqm (land), 2,500 sqft / 232 sqm (built-up)
    18 Loyang Rise, 507583 Changi Airport / Changi Village, Changi / Pasir Ris (D17-18)

Terraced House 99-year Leasehold
    • 5 Beds
    Listed on Jan 18, 2013

My commission ???
    Few units asking for 1.5mio.
    Wonder hw much % can it drop, as bj21 predict

Drop until condo of smaller size also more expensive lor... that what TS says it will drop and others rises...u think possible?? no brainer rite? Anyway, there is a lot of grey areas when he make such comments and want to leave it to your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Few units asking for 1.5mio.
    Wonder hw much % can it drop, as bj21 predict

Bro BJ21 has 3rd eye! He can SEE what most CANNOT See!

Sometimes i received vibes from him, though signal is weak, from what i can figure out:

Hint...URA Masterplan 2013...plot ratio....

pardon me if i got the wrong signal, must be due to interference on a rainy day

Difficult to drop price when most of them are inherited and fully paid up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    so many FH terrace at macpherson area.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Difficult to drop price when most of them are inherited and fully paid up.
    Most I know who bought landed in the past 2 to 4 years are geared up to their nose. One friend recently call me kpkb about the cooling measures say he want to liquidate his landed but now very difficult. I ask why want to sell. he say over geared loh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Most I know who bought landed in the past 2 to 4 years are geared up to their nose. One friend recently call me kpkb about the cooling measures say he want to liquidate his landed but now very difficult. I ask why want to sell. he say over geared loh.
    ?? Unless he took up a new mortage to get more money, I don't see how can you be geared up with landed.

I bought my place like 3-4 years back. Even if you take 80% loan, I think by now will become only 50% loan...

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    ?? Unless he took up a new mortage to get more money, I don't see how can you be geared up with landed.

I bought my place like 3-4 years back. Even if you take 80% loan, I think by now will become only 50% loan...
    most people buying landed these days are gearing to 80% and thats is not very healthy leveraging unless you have another 20 or 30% of cash reserve to finance your mortgage.

most people buying landed these days are gearing to 80% and thats is not very healthy leveraging unless you have another 20 or 30% of cash reserve to finance your mortgage.
    you asked past 2-4 years. I think the run up in the past 2-4 years meant that none of them are geared at anywhere close to 80%...

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    you asked past 2-4 years. I think the run up in the past 2-4 years meant that none of them are geared at anywhere close to 80%...
    the only difference between then and now is that you are sitting on paper gain, while you still need to pay for the mortgage which you committed 2 to 4 years ago.

So if your income doesnt increase over the last 2 to 4 years, you will still be struggling as hard to pay your mortgage. And if you are behind or lose you job, you will still charge for late payment etc.

Confirmed double confirmed landed will drop while rest of the other property segments to remain very healthy liao.

Kudos ! I LOVE AH KHAW AND THARMAN LA !
    Is it due to the fact that landed property has outpaced non landed in terms of price growth in the past few years?

finally, your agents told u the asking prices for this group of landed liao tiobo? yes I am refering to this group.
    how about those 20000 sqft gcb?

The time will come if..... The disparity of the rich and poor will be so great like what is happening in Hong Kong now.

Good Luck, do not miss Uncle Blackjack by then in 2020.

How bad is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by hutsutau
    How bad is it ?
    dear brother hutsutau. how bad depends on the morality of human beings from now till 2020

Good Luck.

dear brother hutsutau. how bad depends on the morality of human beings from now till 2020

Good Luck.
    You mean the poor over there are poorer than those here or the rich over there are richer?

your handsome brother here is very accurate in predicting the property market. back in 2009 if u dug out my threads, u will find that i anticipated the ocr prices to rise more than ccr prices.

that time one brother challenged me that it is i possible that ocr rise more than ccr.

now i am telling u again. landed will drop more than 20% while the rest of the property segment continue to ride more than 5%.

your handsome brother here is very accurate in predicting the property market. back in 2009 if u dug out my threads, u will find that i anticipated the ocr prices to rise more than ccr prices.

that time one brother challenged me that it is impossible that ocr rise more than ccr. that Guniang now i never see him sign in here liao.

now i am telling u again. landed will drop more than 20% while the rest of the property segment continue to rise more than 5%.
    paiseh, my stupidphone tried to act smart to auto-correct my spellings.

now i am telling u again. landed will drop more than 20% while the rest of the property segment continue to ride more than 5%.

Everynight, before I sleep I shall repeat this. WOAhahHAHAHAHAHAH

Everynight, before I sleep I shall repeat this. WOAhahHAHAHAHAHAH
    Some landed could drop as much as 50% ! Especially BIG ONES like semi-ds or detached

WOAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEH

Some landed could drop as much as 50% ! Especially BIG ONES like semi-ds or detached

WOAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEH
    Capitalism can be a friend or enemy, if left unchecked it will bring the entire country down to it knees. The recent elections result and the demonstration at hong lin park is a good example of where Singapore is heading and if government doesnt do anything to address the people's concern, PAP will be voter out in the coming few election.

In the past Singapore was one of the most friendly country for such investors, but of recent years, they have made it more difficult for rich foreigners to qualify for PR and making if extremely difficult for PR to buy landed property. This could also be due to worldwide clamp down on money laundering.

So IF the government is to continue bringing in bus load of NC to Singapore, I think it will be prudent to review current policy of landed property.
    This forumer think that govt going to bring in bus load of new citizens and they they will buy multiple landed. In fact he is so scared that he is lobbying for curbs or restrictions. If true, then how to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    This forumer think that govt going to bring in bus load of new citizens and they they will buy multiple landed. In fact he is so scared that he is lobbying for curbs or restrictions. If true, then how to drop?
    Very clever brother, this forumer will be the reason landed will drop. Don't believe just wait and see.

My THIRD EYE is always right. 100% accuracy track record since 2004.

Very clever brother, this forumer will be the reason landed will drop. Don't believe just wait and see.

My THIRD EYE is always right. 100% accuracy track record since 2004.
    Why? because he panic now and buy up all the land ah.

Gear up like crazy and hope for new citizen to buy.

But because he give advice that buying landed is senseless, they don't touch, after that interest rate rise, cannot service loan, have to sell off cheap cheap..

end result - price drop...

Anyway, I remember you said you are a Christian, can believe in THIRD EYE meh?

not interested in house, more interested in land.

actually with the ridicules price today, investing in landed property in Singapore just doesnt make anymore sense.

Imagine cost of investment at >$1000psf with rental rate of <$2psf. After factoring the interest and cost of up keeping property, what do you have left?

There has been an active of discussion on another thread about the MAS abolishing USD SIBOR and this could potential be a turn point where interest rate will rise.

Consider the large loan quantum of landed property and low yield, do you guys think that rising interest rate will cause a big correction to landed property?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...433#post370433
    m
    Last edited by proper-t; 19-02-13 at 16:18.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    to be more specific ... when u said landed... do u mean those 1000-1400 sqft landed ?

i do agree those are insane ...

caveat shows quite many of land size below 1500 sqft sold at almost 1800 psf land

1500 sq ft is only the land area. The built up can be as large as 3500 sq ft.

Where can you get 3500 sq feet freehold condo for $2.7 million ($771 psf)?

Even HDB in Bukit Merah with 70 years lease left can cost $800 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Why? because he panic now and buy up all the land ah.

Anyway, I remember you said you are a Christian, can believe in THIRD EYE meh?
    YOU ARE CRAZY ARH ?

You really think I believe in THIRD EYE or ESP or some special power arh?

I told you I have a THIRD EYE because I AM BEING HUMBLE. Note how I always boast about myself and how handsome I am? THAT IS BECAUSE I AM THE MOST HUMBLE LA because your common sense in ur tiny human brains would tell you there is no such human being in existence la!

If I tell you I AM VERY INTELLIGENT AND 100% accurate because of MY RESEARCH AND EXPERIENCE, would you believe me ? You as the nature of human beings, will think I AM AN ARROGANT FREAK !

I TOLD YOU I have a THIRD EYE TO CREATE DOUBTS IN YOUR MIND ABOUT THE INFORMATION I SHARE WITH YOU SO THAT YOU WILL NOT BE SPOON-FED and at the very minimal be a thinking person yourself la!

Amen.
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 20-02-13 at 04:08.

GUNIANGS !

WOAHAHeEHE

I still think I am the most handsome, nevertheless.

I still think I am the most handsome, nevertheless.
    Feel so good after saying that to myself. WOAHAHAHEHHEHEHE

YOU ARE CRAZY ARH ?

You really think I believe in THIRD EYE or ESP or some special power arh?

I told you I have a THIRD EYE because I AM BEING HUMBLE. Note how I always boast about myself and how handsome I am? THAT IS BECAUSE I AM THE MOST HUMBLE LA because your common sense in ur tiny human brains would tell you there is no such human being in existence la!

If I tell you I AM VERY INTELLIGENT AND 100% accurate because of MY RESEARCH AND EXPERIENCE, would you believe me ? You as the nature of human beings, will think I AM AN ARROGANT FREAK !

I TOLD YOU I have a THIRD EYE TO CREATE DOUBTS IN YOUR MIND ABOUT THE INFORMATION I SHARE WITH YOU SO THAT YOU WILL NOT BE SPOON-FED and at the very minimal be a thinking person yourself la!

Amen.
    "LANDED especially bungalows and semi-ds regardless of lease terms ( 99 years or freehold inclusive) SHALL DROP more than 50% while cluster houses, small terraces, condos, ECs, HDBs shall continue to rise steadily until 2030.

Those landed owners I mentioned above shall be stuck for more than 15 years after March 2013. In 2030, these huge landed of land less than 10,000 sqft but built up to maximum plot ratio of more than 7000sqft could be worth less than 50% of their present values.

GCB like Sentosa or Nassim Hill with land of more than 15,000sqft shall continue to rise.

This is due to the great disparity ratio of exceeding built-up area as compared with the land area.

For GCB, the land is bigger than the built-up, so there is minimal impact. But for those landed built to the max plot ratio of around 2:1 when the built-up exceeds the land, this class will be at risk.

"

- wise words by BJ21T dated 20 Feb 2013
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 20-02-13 at 04:50.