Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Landed will drop while other property segments continue to rise

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    "LANDED especially bungalows and semi-ds regardless of lease terms ( 99 years or freehold inclusive) SHALL DROP more than 50% while cluster houses, small terraces, condos, ECs, HDBs shall continue to rise steadily until 2030.

Those landed owners I mentioned above shall be stuck for more than 15 years after March 2013. In 2030, these huge landed of land less than 10,000 sqft but built up to maximum plot ratio of more than 7000sqft could be worth less than 50% of their present values.

GCB like Sentosa or Nassim Hill with land of more than 15,000sqft shall continue to rise.

This is due to the great disparity ratio of exceeding built-up area as compared with the land area.

For GCB, the land is bigger than the built-up, so there is minimal impact. But for those landed built to the max plot ratio of around 2:1 when the built-up exceeds the land, this class will be at risk.

"

- wise words by BJ21T dated 20 Feb 2013
    As the 3000 years Chinese fengshui warned:

"BUILT NOT A SINGLE HOUSE THAT IS LARGER THAN ITS LAND."

屋身不可大过地主。树大招风也!

Good Luck, that is all I can help

As the 3000 years Chinese fengshui warned:

"BUILT NOT A SINGLE HOUSE THAT IS LARGER THAN ITS LAND."

屋身不可大过地主。树大招风也!

Good Luck, that is all I can help
    Terraces and cluster houses are considered many owners and many houses linked on a piece of land. All different "qi" congregating into the same land. So they are NOT at risk.

GCB of more than 15,000sqft and house body built-up of around 8000-9000 sqft is also not at risk because the body of the house is smaller than its land.

When you build a single HUGE house on a small land plot, you better hope there are at least more than 20 owners of different "qi" sharing the same property like an apartment.

Good Luck.

Terraces and cluster houses are considered many owners and many houses linked on a piece of land. All different "qi" congregating into the same land. So they are NOT at risk.

GCB of more than 15,000sqft and house body built-up of around 8000-9000 sqft is also not at risk because the body of the house is smaller than its land.

When you build a single HUGE house on a small land plot, you better hope there are at least more than 20 owners of different "qi" sharing the same property like an apartment.

Good Luck.
    Don't believe me go ahead and buy those landed I mentioned with your inexperience tiny human brains. Later in 2014, dun come crying back to me like a baby.

WOAAHHAHHHEDHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEH

Good Luck.
    Yes the stars alignment for landed properties has been greatly affected by the recent passing of asteroid 2012 DA14
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

"LANDED especially bungalows and semi-ds regardless of lease terms ( 99 years or freehold inclusive) SHALL DROP more than 50% while cluster houses, small terraces, condos, ECs, HDBs shall continue to rise steadily until 2030.

Those landed owners I mentioned above shall be stuck for more than 15 years after March 2013. In 2030, these huge landed of land less than 10,000 sqft but built up to maximum plot ratio of more than 7000sqft could be worth less than 50% of their present values.

GCB like Sentosa or Nassim Hill with land of more than 15,000sqft shall continue to rise.

This is due to the great disparity ratio of exceeding built-up area as compared with the land area.

For GCB, the land is bigger than the built-up, so there is minimal impact. But for those landed built to the max plot ratio of around 2:1 when the built-up exceeds the land, this class will be at risk.

"

- wise words by BJ21T dated 20 Feb 2013
    bro, so you are saying land is precious but house is not. so if can find landed with huge land and super run-down house, better grab?
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

bro, didn't take medicine today huh?

YOU ARE CRAZY ARH ?

You really think I believe in THIRD EYE or ESP or some special power arh?

I told you I have a THIRD EYE because I AM BEING HUMBLE. Note how I always boast about myself and how handsome I am? THAT IS BECAUSE I AM THE MOST HUMBLE LA because your common sense in ur tiny human brains would tell you there is no such human being in existence la!

If I tell you I AM VERY INTELLIGENT AND 100% accurate because of MY RESEARCH AND EXPERIENCE, would you believe me ? You as the nature of human beings, will think I AM AN ARROGANT FREAK !

I TOLD YOU I have a THIRD EYE TO CREATE DOUBTS IN YOUR MIND ABOUT THE INFORMATION I SHARE WITH YOU SO THAT YOU WILL NOT BE SPOON-FED and at the very minimal be a thinking person yourself la!

Amen.

YOU ARE CRAZY ARH ?

You really think I believe in THIRD EYE or ESP or some special power arh?

I told you I have a THIRD EYE because I AM BEING HUMBLE. Note how I always boast about myself and how handsome I am? THAT IS BECAUSE I AM THE MOST HUMBLE LA because your common sense in ur tiny human brains would tell you there is no such human being in existence la!

If I tell you I AM VERY INTELLIGENT AND 100% accurate because of MY RESEARCH AND EXPERIENCE, would you believe me ? You as the nature of human beings, will think I AM AN ARROGANT FREAK !

I TOLD YOU I have a THIRD EYE TO CREATE DOUBTS IN YOUR MIND ABOUT THE INFORMATION I SHARE WITH YOU SO THAT YOU WILL NOT BE SPOON-FED and at the very minimal be a thinking person yourself la!

Amen.

Then here is something for non-spoon fed people to THINK seriously about :

You have been saying more or less the same since Dec 2011.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12586
    Titled :Property prices except landed will still go up

It is now Feb 2013 and I have yet to see any materialisation of your HUMBLE predictions. If anything, landed prices have gone UP since Dec 2011. For reasonable people with common sense, what can you draw from this ?

In fact, I find this thread very similar to another one where someone has been shouting that property prices will crash since more than a year ago.

Maybe this forumer could be onto something :

Quote Originally Posted by yeo
    Guys, we have all been taken for a ride la!

Mr Bull and Mr Bear, Blackjack and Basic...all is same person la. Split personality la!

Merry Xmas!
    Please post more leh because it seems to be having the opposite effect.
    Last edited by proper-t; 20-02-13 at 09:01.

Some landed could drop as much as 50% ! Especially BIG ONES like semi-ds or detached

WOAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEH
    I think it is possible... Landed prices are marked up based on $psf now.. How can that be possible. Also, many who buy and do A&A and try to sell at a huge profit will be stuck soon because for $3m to ave a <2000sqft of tiny land.. I find this ridiculous... These are all inflated prices and chances of correcting is higher than chances of rising now

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    I think it is possible... Landed prices are marked up based on $psf now.. How can that be possible. Also, many who buy and do A&A and try to sell at a huge profit will be stuck soon because for $3m to ave a <2000sqft of tiny land.. I find this ridiculous... These are all inflated prices and chances of correcting is higher than chances of rising now
    How can they be stuck when this forumer thinks that bus loads of new citizens will be coming in to buy multiple landed properties ? :

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Capitalism can be a friend or enemy, if left unchecked it will bring the entire country down to it knees. The recent elections result and the demonstration at hong lin park is a good example of where Singapore is heading and if government doesnt do anything to address the people's concern, PAP will be voter out in the coming few election.

In the past Singapore was one of the most friendly country for such investors, but of recent years, they have made it more difficult for rich foreigners to qualify for PR and making if extremely difficult for PR to buy landed property. This could also be due to worldwide clamp down on money laundering.

So IF the government is to continue bringing in bus load of NC to Singapore, I think it will be prudent to review current policy of landed property.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    How can they be stuck when this forumer thinks that bus loads of new citizens will be coming in to buy multiple landed properties ? :
    This is what I call "selective acceptance of information".. Meaning, u filter information that you want to hear and ignore the facts or not questioning the facts. How can a bus load of foreigners buy landed? Think!!!!!

Nowadays a <2000 sq ft 99 years leasehold OCR condo with NO land also can cost $3m.

So what's the big deal about $3m <2000 sq ft Freehold terrace.

Makes no sense leh!

This is what I call "selective acceptance of information".. Meaning, u filter information that you want to hear and ignore the facts or not questioning the facts. How can a bus load of foreigners buy landed? Think!!!!!
    This is what I call 'reading without comprehension' - He mentioned (NC) NEW CITIZENS. Go check what a citizen can buy.

This is what I call 'reading without comprehension' - He mentioned (NC) NEW CITIZENS. Go check what a citizen can buy.
    Please don't just plug what forumers say and think this is a fact.. Do u have data to show a bus load of NC is coming in to buy?

It is not Freehold terraces that are overvalued, but rather 99 leasehold condos that has unlimited supply - "200,000" units over next 3 years, and maybe another 1,500,000 units by 2030.

In comparison, there are no new Freehold terraces!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    Nowadays a <2000 sq ft 99 years leasehold OCR condo with NO land also can cost $3m.

So what's the big deal about $3m <2000 sq ft Freehold terrace.

Makes no sense leh!

That's what I am trying to tell u.. Condo go by $psf and now, landed also trying to sell by $psf..

Condo market is not exactly the same as landed in the sense the rental market is supporting the price level as well as the type of buyers are more varied.. Landed on the other hand was previously mainly for own use or stay and hardly for investment because of poorer yield and restrictions on types of buyers. Now, it's just ridiculous when landed are selling by $psf

That's what I am trying to tell u.. Condo go by $psf and now, landed also trying to sell by $psf..

Condo market is not exactly the same as landed in the sense the rental market is supporting the price level as well as the type of buyers are more varied.. Landed on the other hand was previously mainly for own use or stay and hardly for investment because of poorer yield and restrictions on types of buyers. Now, it's just ridiculous when landed are selling by $psf

You're right, but the problem is Singapore has no more new freehold landed property, whereas the government can create 1-2 million units of 99 yr leasehold new condos and HDB flats over the next 20 years.

Scarcity retains value.

Please don't just plug what forumers say and think this is a fact.. Do u have data to show a bus load of NC is coming in to buy?
    This was posted by that forumer. IF you are not convinced, please question the thread starter himself in his thread as he is the one who is making the assertation.

I provide the link below :

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16809

If you can successfully argue against him and show conclusively that what he is asserting is not true, please come back here and enlighten all of the readers in this thread. I, myself, will be very interested to know the outcome.

You're right, but the problem is Singapore has no more new freehold landed property, whereas the government can create 1-2 million units of 99 yr leasehold new condos and HDB flats over the next 20 years.

Scarcity retains value.
    Value is not the same as over valued.. The case here is over valued.. And correction is possible.. I didn't argue about whether its valuable.. For all assets, there is the thing about over value whether it is abundant or scare.

Value is not the same as over valued.. The case here is over valued.. And correction is possible.. I didn't argue about whether its valuable.. For all assets, there is the thing about over value whether it is abundant or scare.

Yes, of course, in the short term, anything that has gone up too fast will correct, but in the long term, history has shown that freehold terraces appreciate more than 99 years leasehold condos over time.

In the early 80s and late 70s, new 99 yr leasehold condos cost more than freehold terraces double their size.

my opinion is, one day, they might change their classification. For GCB and semi-d, the land is likely bigger than builtup hence, using psf on the land size is still ok. but imagine for terrace, the land size is small and if the plot ratio allows, they can do A&A on those single storey and then built up to 3.5 storey high but measuing them on land size doesn't make sense anymore...

hence, classification needs to be changed to reflect the correct situation.

terrace, cluster housing and condo should be on same measuring terms, that is on their builtup area.

One of the common justification for landed property is to compare the PSF to condo while ignoring the tangible lifestyle benefits of both. To me, this is like comparing buying a bus to a sedan.

For a bus, we can seat 30 passengers while cars can only take 5, so if we compare the cost/passenger, bus is undervalue.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

One of the common justification for landed property is to compare the PSF to condo while ignoring the tangible lifestyle benefits of both. To me, this is like comparing buying a bus to a sedan.

For a bus, we can seat 30 passengers while cars can only take 5, so if we compare the cost/passenger, bus is undervalue.
    Value is what the potential buyer perceives it to be. To a local citizen, it may be over-valued. To a new citizen with millions of dollars in cash, it may be under-valued unless you are saying that new citizens do not hold that view and will not buy landed property.

It is not Freehold terraces that are overvalued, but rather 99 leasehold condos that has unlimited supply - "200,000" units over next 3 years, and maybe another 1,500,000 units by 2030.

In comparison, there are no new Freehold terraces!!!

come 2020, I believe 20% of Singaporeans will own a FH landed property in Malaysia. Not many people will be bother about tiny overvalue terraces in Singapore.

In future I believe most people in Singapore will choose to live in compact apartments, and then own a weekend home in Malaysia.

Living landed property in Singapore (especially those with tiny land) will be deem as wasting money unless you belong to the elite group where money is secondary.

come 2020, I believe 20% of Singaporeans will own a FH landed property in Malaysia. Not many people will be bother about tiny overvalue terraces in Singapore.

In future I believe most people in Singapore will choose to live in compact apartments, and then own a weekend home in Malaysia.

Living landed property in Singapore (especially those with tiny land) will be deem as wasting money unless you belong to the elite group where money is secondary.

Please reconcile the above with what you have posted below :

To buy a Malaysia property, you will need to put in sizable down payment as interest rate in MY is a lot higher than in Singapore. So it will not be worth while if one need to take up 70% loan for a Malaysia property.

I believe that rental market for Malaysia property is pretty lousy bad, so it might make more sense to actually park your money in another Singapore property and then use your rental to pay for your rent in Malaysia.

Advantage is that you are mobile and you can choose to return to Singapore anytime you want without having to worry about mortgage payment for your Malaysia property.
    Last edited by proper-t; 20-02-13 at 10:24.

bro, look at his footnote...

I have already told you many times that I have no interest to engage you in any discussion because of your inability to absorb what you read, your bad habit of quoting others out of context.

In the below quote that you took from my discussion with fellow forummer about buying a RM2m landed property (I REPEAT, RM2,000,000) vs renting one, you simply highlight want you wish to read in RED while you are ignoring other important details which I am now highlighting for you in BLUE

As a landed property owner are you not aware about the importance of interest and big mortgage on landed property? Or are you just assuming that others in this forum are just a ignorant as you.

Like I said before. I have no interest is engaging you in any discussion, so please stop behaving like a crazy monkey behind my back.

To buy a Malaysia property, you will need to put in sizable down payment as interest rate in MY is a lot higher than in Singapore. So it will not be worth while if one need to take up 70% loan for a Malaysia property.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    my opinion is, one day, they might change their classification. For GCB and semi-d, the land is likely bigger than builtup hence, using psf on the land size is still ok. but imagine for terrace, the land size is small and if the plot ratio allows, they can do A&A on those single storey and then built up to 3.5 storey high but measuing them on land size doesn't make sense anymore...

hence, classification needs to be changed to reflect the correct situation.

terrace, cluster housing and condo should be on same measuring terms, that is on their builtup area.

In the future, they may allow foreigners to buy landed, or allow terraces to be "enbloc" into highrise apartments with plot ratio of 2.8 or even more.

I have already told you many times that I have no interest to engage you in any discussion because of your inability to absorb what you read, your bad habit of quoting others out of context.

In the below quote that you took from my discussion with fellow forummer about buying a RM2m landed property (I REPEAT, RM2,000,000) vs renting one, you simply highlight want you wish to read in RED while you are ignoring other important details which I am now highlighting for you in BLUE

As a landed property owner are you not aware about the importance of interest and big mortgage on landed property? Or are you just assuming that others in this forum are just a ignorant as you.

Like I said before. I have no interest is engaging you in any discussion, so please stop behaving like a crazy monkey behind my back.

And YET you still engage me...

Let me reproduce the entire post so that readers here can know what you are talking about. The forumer is asking whether to buy a Malaysian property to live in via renting out a SINGAPORE PC and its not RM2m, he mentioned RM1m is sufficient - you are advocating no to buying a malaysian property and instead to rent the Malaysian property, also rent out the SG PC and use the money instead to buy ANOTHER property in SG to rent out.

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    I said to buy a Msian property to live in using income from renting out a PC in Sg.....if rental is SGD4K this will be $10K RM..... enough to pay off $2M + RM loan.....of course you do not neck get a RM$2M + property, RM$1M can get you a decent Demi-D Cluster....over 3500Sqft built-up.

I believe that rental market for Malaysia property is pretty lousy bad, so it might make more sense to actually park your money in another Singapore property and then use your rental to pay for your rent in Malaysia.

Advantage is that you are mobile and you can choose to return to Singapore anytime you want without having to worry about mortgage payment for your Malaysia property.
    How do you reconcile your advice given to dare2 vs what you are advocating in you post below :

Last edited by proper-t; 20-02-13 at 11:13.