Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Landed will drop while other property segments continue to rise

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    YOU ARE CRAZY ARH ?

You really think I believe in THIRD EYE or ESP or some special power arh?

I told you I have a THIRD EYE because I AM BEING HUMBLE. Note how I always boast about myself and how handsome I am? THAT IS BECAUSE I AM THE MOST HUMBLE LA because your common sense in ur tiny human brains would tell you there is no such human being in existence la!

If I tell you I AM VERY INTELLIGENT AND 100% accurate because of MY RESEARCH AND EXPERIENCE, would you believe me ? You as the nature of human beings, will think I AM AN ARROGANT FREAK !

I TOLD YOU I have a THIRD EYE TO CREATE DOUBTS IN YOUR MIND ABOUT THE INFORMATION I SHARE WITH YOU SO THAT YOU WILL NOT BE SPOON-FED and at the very minimal be a thinking person yourself la!

Amen.

WOAHAEHEHEH sounds like a mad man.

accurate or not? my prediction on Korea ? ( www.sglion.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Channel News Asia

N.Korea envoy warns S.Korea of "final destruction"
    Published: 20 Feb 2013 0050 hrs South Korea faces "final destruction" if Seoul and its allies continue to push for tougher UN resolutions against North Korea's nuclear programme, Pyongyang warned Tuesday.
    you wanna know what will happen next? what steps u need to take to benefit economically from coming future events?

actually i wanna tell, but after seeing many siaolang and iron teeth here SUAY me, i prefer to keep quiet liao la.

YOU WILL NEVER BE AT MY LEVEL. NEVER !

WOAHAHHEHEHE

accurate or not? my prediction on Korea ? ( www.sglion.com)

you wanna know what will happen next? what steps u need to take to benefit economically from coming future events?

actually i wanna tell, but after seeing many siaolang and iron teeth here SUAY me, i prefer to keep quiet liao la.

YOU WILL NEVER BE AT MY LEVEL. NEVER !

WOAHAHHEHEHE
    but i may just change my mind if enough brothers here praise me that I AM VERY HANDSOME.

but i may just change my mind if enough brothers here praise me that I AM VERY HANDSOME.
    sisters praise no use, becos in real life, many sisters already find me handsome liao. so must be brothers to praise me then can count hor.

WOAHAHAHHEH

sisters praise no use, becos in real life, many sisters already find me handsome liao. so must be brothers to praise me then can count hor.

WOAHAHAHHEH
    As a jeweler in my family business, I understand the danger of not being able to value an investment like a diamond.

It is very dangerous if one overvalued and overpaid for a gemstone. Try taking a diamond to pawn at the pawn shop.

WOAHAHEHEHHEHEHEHE

As a jeweler in my family business, I understand the danger of not being able to value an investment like a diamond.

It is very dangerous if one overvalued and overpaid for a gemstone. Try taking a diamond to pawn at the pawn shop.

WOAHAHEHEHHEHEHEHE
    sometime diamond is better to leave it unpolished
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    WOW WOW WOW I AM IMPRESSED ! THIS IS LITERARY CORRECT !

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    You're right, but the problem is Singapore has no more new freehold landed property, whereas the government can create 1-2 million units of 99 yr leasehold new condos and HDB flats over the next 20 years.

Scarcity retains value.
    Still got lah.
    Pavilion Park is FH new landed house.
    Luxus Hills is new 999 years landed house.
    The Springside is also new FH landed house.

Unpolished diamond got no serial number, right?
    So if stolen then hard to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Still got lah.
    Pavilion Park is FH new landed house.
    Luxus Hills is new 999 years landed house.
    The Springside is also new FH landed house.
    springside is 2.6 mil now for a place so far away from town

Quote Originally Posted by hutsutau
    ''

Over the past decade, GCB prices have grown at a compounded annual growth rate of 15 per cent. This compares with 10 per cent for overall landed homes and 4 per cent for non-landed homes.''
    time for a correction?

''

Over the past decade, GCB prices have grown at a compounded annual growth rate of 15 per cent. This compares with 10 per cent for overall landed homes and 4 per cent for non-landed homes.''
    time for a correction?
    If you stretch that last decade to 15-16 years your compounded growth rate will look very difference.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-06a7.pdf

Also do consider what I wrote in the other thread.

As I have mentioned earlier that tracking landed property price index is not as straight forward as condo because many time, old landed property are being bought and then tear down for rebuilding before its being sold. While the transaction profit/loss capture by URA doesnt include the cost of A&A or rebuilding.

Here is a simple way to check if the so-call "profit" is inclusive on remodeling cost.

Step 1 - Identify the address of the property and locate it using onemap
    Step 2 - Click Land Lot view option on onemap and copy down the land lot number
    Step 3 - Do a search on HERE using the land lot number option e.g MK12 1234 (exclude the '-' and '0' in front)

If there is any major work done, there should be a record of the permission granted. For example

PROPOSED RECONSTRUCTION OF EXISTING 2-STOREY SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE

PROPOSED ADDITIONS & ALTERATIONS TO EXISTING 2-STOREY INTERMEDIATE TERRACE

LAND SUBDIVISION INTO 2 PLOTS AT ?????

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

''

time for a correction?

iPhone tried to sell expensive but became the victim of their own success, when there's too many of it, people start to shun it.

Condos are a good example. Too many launches, too much supply coming on-stream.

It has become no different from HDB flats. Some HDB flats like the DBSS even look like private condos. In fact, many DBSS look better than condos and are built to a highly quality.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    This was posted by that forumer. IF you are not convinced, please question the thread starter himself in his thread as he is the one who is making the assertation.

I provide the link below :

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16809

If you can successfully argue against him and show conclusively that what he is asserting is not true, please come back here and enlighten all of the readers in this thread. I, myself, will be very interested to know the outcome.
    Well, it is not my style or belief to just quote someone from the forum and thinks everything is true and correct because we never really understand if anyone who makes some claims or the other do have self interest in supporting those statement. It is my belief that if there is any statement one is going to make or claim, if there is not supporting data or evidence, treat it as noise or some will like to say" take it with a pinch of salt"...

So, I just ignore statement that are make believe..unless you can proof to me if are right

iPhone tried to sell expensive but became the victim of their own success, when there's too many of it, people start to shun it.

Condos are a good example. Too many launches, too much supply coming on-stream.

It has become no different from HDB flats. Some HDB flats like the DBSS even look like private condos. In fact, many DBSS look better than condos and are built to a highly quality.
    Not exactly correct to compare.. Properties is considered an asset in some sense... Phones are not... I don't mind holding many condos but not many phones..

I am enjoying every single minute of my stay here in this forum Very provoking thoughts and good thinking by brothers and sisters here.

"Seek not the cover of a book, but the inner beauty of thy minds."

- wise words by BJ21T

The beauty of the minds is the most handsome man or woman in spirit. A man poor in economic but beautiful in spirit is more handsome than a rich man poor in spirit but great on covers.

Far or near is relativity...if u work in upper Thomson area and your parent stay there, is this near or far?? If u stay in orchard and your work place is in pasir ris, is this near or far?

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    Well, it is not my style or belief to just quote someone from the forum and thinks everything is true and correct because we never really understand if anyone who makes some claims or the other do have self interest in supporting those statement. It is my belief that if there is any statement one is going to make or claim, if there is not supporting data or evidence, treat it as noise or some will like to say" take it with a pinch of salt"...

So, I just ignore statement that are make believe..unless you can proof to me if are right
    Well said, I brought it up as an example of the thinking of some forumers here. I hope the TS of what I quoted is reading.
    Last edited by proper-t; 20-02-13 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Far or near is relativity...if u work in upper Thomson area and your parent stay there, is this near or far?? If u stay in orchard and your work place is in pasir ris, is this near or far?
    I don't agree with this argument. When we are talking about near or far.. It has to be a reference to town or city centre and not work place. Property discussion is all about the centre of action and never about your work place. I am sure you will prefer to be living in town and work in pasir ris rather than living in pasir ris and works in town, don't u?

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    I don't agree with this argument. When we are talking about near or far.. It has to be a reference to town or city centre and not work place. Property discussion is all about the centre of action and never about your work place. I am sure you will prefer to be living in town and work in pasir ris rather than living in pasir ris and works in town, don't u?
    if you work in pasir ris , you won't live in town where it is more expensive right?

if you work in pasir ris , you won't live in town where it is more expensive right?
    If I can owe a town property, y not? Who cares where I work... Doesn't matter as u can take transport or drive... I don't see an issue

If you stretch that last decade to 15-16 years your compounded growth rate will look very difference.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-06a7.pdf

Also do consider what I wrote in the other thread.

Your chart is interesting, it shows that all the housing categories move together in the same direction, up or down.

Your chart is interesting, it shows that all the housing categories move together in the same direction, up or down.
    Was thinking of the same as well - however might not hold through for future projections wat with further cooling measures potentially targeting specific segments if it comes to that

What I found interesting is that the various segments deviate as the market moves up, and the gaps between them are generally the widest at the peak. However, when the market falls, they all fall back to roughly the same percentile. Applies to the 1996, 2008 and current cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    What I found interesting is that the various segments deviate as the market moves up, and the gaps between them are generally the widest at the peak. However, when the market falls, they all fall back to roughly the same percentile. Applies to the 1996, 2008 and current cycles.
    you pick up a very important point. If you notice, during the 97 crisis, all the landed property indexes were all way above condo and apartment index line and gap widening in between them, and after the crisis hit, there is a major crash for landed property, which fell by almost 90 points. What is goes to show is there is a wide disparity between price and value.

And interestingly same pattern is developing right now.

Let me complete the pic for u guys, the run up is indeed scary mary:

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Let me complete the pic for u guys, the run up is indeed scary mary:

indeed scary mary.....t

I think when the bubble burst this time, I think the drop might not be as bad as 97, but the impact could be worst for some who bought during the peak as they will be hit by both falling prices as well as SSD.