Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Landed will drop while other property segments continue to rise

Quote Originally Posted by MLP
    Why did you show the same chart again? Haven't I answered you in that thread already?
    Because your expanation doesn't make much sense

1) you are saying landed won't crash because of current demand. What does current demand got to do with future?

2) you assuming 30000 nc are cash rich? Say who?

3) you are assuming nc are immune to crisis and makin them sound like they are central bank ready to bail out.

4) did our government prefer to have a unstable property market during the past few crisis?

5) assuming interest rate rises to 3-4% how will removing cooling measure help owners who are overly leverage?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I think your assumptions are all wrong. What I am saying is that you must look at the Supply and Demand -> very simple economy theory. Just tell me what the current situation of landed property market is from the supply and demand viewpoint. Is the demand or the supply higher?

DO NOT underestimate those cash rich new citizens. They can pay millions in cold cash. Believe me, there are many such people around in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Because your expanation doesn't make much sense

1) you are saying landed won't crash because of current demand. What does current demand got to do with future?

2) you assuming 30000 nc are cash rich? Say who?

3) you are assuming nc are immune to crisis and makin them sound like they are central bank ready to bail out.

4) did our government prefer to have a unstable property market during the past few crisis?

5) assuming interest rate rises to 3-4% how will removing cooling measure help owners who are overly leverage?

I think your assumptions are all wrong. What I am saying is that you must look at the Supply and Demand -> very simple economy theory. Just tell me what the current situation of landed property market is from the supply and demand viewpoint. Is the demand or the supply higher?

DO NOT underestimate those cash rich new citizens. They can pay millions in cold cash. Believe me, there are many such people around in Singapore.

You are not getting what I am asking you. Supply is always a constant except for strata and sentosa. So why did it crash in 97 when the year e prices when up te roof? Obviously there were more demand then supply, same as today.

I don't doubt you but tat doesnt sound like a sustainable aren't to me because it's like a age of musical chair.

Never under estimate te rich, they are very big gambler
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by hutsutau
    19 CAMDEN PARK 23-Mar-05 $7,800,000
    19 CAMDEN PARK 20-Jan-13 $25,000,000
    Same house close to 20 mil profit
    Did a check. I believe the original plot was sub divided into 3 plots.

First of all, you can forget about 1997 now as current situations are totally different from 1997. I think it is no point for you to keep referring to that event.

Do you know that this government likes to attract rich people only very selectively to settle down in Singapore? Do you know how many rich new citizens were brought in since 2006? Do you know that majority of our ministers and top civil servants are staying in landed properties? Do you think they want to see their property prices to crash?

Unlike 1997, the government now has many ammunition to prevent a property market crash. Like I said before, unless there is a major event like China and Japan go to war over disputed islands or PAP government is voted out of parliament, then property market can go free fall. Otherwise only time will tell and you can tan gu gu...

You are not getting what I am asking you. Supply is always a constant except for strata and sentosa. So why did it crash in 97 when the year e prices when up te roof? Obviously there were more demand then supply, same as today.

I don't doubt you but tat doesnt sound like a sustainable aren't to me because it's like a age of musical chair.

Never under estimate te rich, they are very big gambler

First of all, you can forget about 1997 now as current situations are totally different from 1997. I think it is no point for you to keep referring to that event.

Do you know that this government likes to attract rich people only very selectively to settle down in Singapore? Do you know how many rich new citizens were brought in since 2006? Do you know that majority of our ministers and top civil servants are staying in landed properties? Do you think they want to see their property prices to crash?

Unlike 1997, the government now has many ammunition to prevent a property market crash. Like I said before, unless there is a major event like China and Japan go to war over disputed islands or PAP government is voted out of parliament, then property market can go free fall. Otherwise only time will tell and you can tan gu gu...

No diff lah. Only diff was tat the rich before was indo now china. But governent now are more selective making I harder to even grant pr to rich foreigner.

People with money are global citizen their money will go where there are opportunity. No different.

18 Yarwood Ave 14 Jan 00 $7,200,000
    18 Yarwood Ave 04-Jan-13 $21,980,000
    This one they did a rebuild of 2 storey bungalow with swimming pool

But rich people do like to buy properties especially in Singapore. That is the difference...

No diff lah. Only diff was tat the rich before was indo now china. But governent now are more selective making I harder to even grant pr to rich foreigner.

People with money are global citizen their money will go where there are opportunity. No different.

just 5 yearsand 9 mil profit

68 BINJAI PARK 13-Nov-09 $15,850,000
    68 BINJAI PARK 27-Mar-12 $31,000,000.
    2010 they did a rebuilding of a 2 storey detached with a basement and a swimming pool.

202A LORNIE ROAD 15-Jun-07 $7,500,000
    202A Lornie Road 11-Jan-12 $16,500,000
    07 transaction a little dodgy leh. 7.5m for 19100 sqft land.

possible

i have viewed a GCB in 07 at Leedon 23000 sqft land for 8 ish mio neg

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    possible

i have viewed a GCB in 07 at Leedon 23000 sqft land for 8 ish mio neg
    202 and 202a lornie road was involved in some family dispute involving the late father in law of mp foo. Search under Wendy chan and you will se. So the 07 transaction most likely is a inter family transaction

dont argue with some idiots as it will drag u down...this one not i say one...

someone say FT come here to buy landed and govt need to set restriction on them buying landed, this is also an assumption but now seem like no longer valid.
    someone also say the supply is constant, but i see no report saying that landed supply is constant, are we not talking about landed?

i am also not sure if someone has experience that 97 crash as he do not know the nature and cause of it so, no point argue on it, you are on the different page...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    dont argue with some idiots as it will drag u down...this one not i say one...

someone say FT come here to buy landed and govt need to set restriction on them buying landed, this is also an assumption but now seem like no longer valid.
    someone also say the supply is constant, but i see no report saying that landed supply is constant, are we not talking about landed?

i am also not sure if someone has experience that 97 crash as he do not know the nature and cause of it so, no point argue on it, you are on the different page...

One will first need to study our history in order to foresee what will happen in future

One will need throw out ones self interest in order to understand the importance of keeping our sovereign land for deserving Singaporeans only.

One will need to study past government action to understand that government does not help greedy and risky investor

One will need to understand that falling property prices doesnt make our land less sovereign.

Lornie road area is 1 class lower than bukit timah area.

202 and 202a lornie road was involved in some family dispute involving the late father in law of mp foo. Search under Wendy chan and you will se. So the 07 transaction most likely is a inter family transaction
    The house involved is both 202 and 202a or just 202 ? 202A is the 1 that is visible when you pass by the area and the land is slightly elevated

The house involved is both 202 and 202a or just 202 ? 202A is the 1 that is visible when you pass by the area and the land is slightly elevated
    Both unit share the same entrance. I think one unit is for the family and the other is for Wendy chan who is the daughter from another women

just 5 yearsand 9 mil profit

68 BINJAI PARK 13-Nov-09 $15,850,000
    68 BINJAI PARK 27-Mar-12 $31,000,000.
    for pple who can afford 16m in the first place, 9m is probably just small change.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    for pple who can afford 16m in the first place, 9m is probably just small change.
    2010 the previous owner did a rebuilding of a 2 storey detached with a basement and a swimming pool. So the profit will be much lower.

2010 the previous owner did a rebuilding of a 2 storey detached with a basement and a swimming pool. So the profit will be much lower.
    The differences between the 2 transactions is about 16mil. How much can the construction of the house costs? 3-4mil?

One will first need to study our history in order to foresee what will happen in future

One will need throw out ones self interest in order to understand the importance of keeping our sovereign land for deserving Singaporeans only.

One will need to study past government action to understand that government does not help greedy and risky investor

One will need to understand that falling property prices doesnt make our land less sovereign.
    Posting a chart, drawing some circles and focusing on just a single event to justify his assertion does not make a person a good history student. It only demonstrates how self serving that person is.

Trying to rely on patriotic gestures makes such self serving actions even more laughable. If we really want to protect our sovereign rights to property in Singapore, shouldn't the focus be then on HDB. This is the main segment which the bulk of Singaporeans rely on for housing and which is currently conditionally opened to PRs (which are foreigners) to buy.

Is your patriotic fervour not fanned by this ? Why are you only hung up on landed?

Extracted below is some research from people who actually study the property cycles in its entirety:

There are 4 significant cycles in Singapore's history. For some cycles, landed peaked the most whilst for others, non-landed was the highest. Just relying on the 97 crash is not looking at the whole picture & begs to question the intention of the person relying on it.

What he did was to look at the upturns and downturns in each cycle and to average it out. The historical trends are clear to see:

For landed, during the upturns, it went up on average by 238% vs 211% for non-landed.
    During the downturns, it went down by 29.8% vs 33.9% for non-landed.

If you were buying a property for the long term and intend to hold through several cycles, what would be your preferred choice?
    Last edited by proper-t; 27-02-13 at 13:22.

Anyone who is thinking of buying landed property should take a hard look at the price index chart instead of getting yourself confuse by meaningless tables which are created to blur your vision and to give you the false impression that you will be able to catch the bottom and peak of the property cycle.

Due to its large quantum and low yield, if you make one wrong move, you entire life saving could possibly be wipe out.

With the new property tax target on landed property, landed property owner should be prepare to pay "maintenance fee" to government.

Someone already pointed this to u and yet u never want to listen and keep talking nonsense...what large quantum?? So u talking about GCB??a terrace or semi-d can range from 1.5mil to as high as 9mil or even more. A condo can also be in that range....so dont buy landed and dont buy condo or dont buy anything?
    ... can you be more specific before going on and on? What quantum are u talking about now? This will make your talk more meaningful.
    And what low yield u talking about? Which district? Buy how much and rental how much? Show what chart? Everything so general. Do u talk about yield if u Buy for own stay?

So it will dropped harder right, so let the NC buy lor...rite?

Anyone who is thinking of buying landed property should take a hard look at the price index chart instead of getting yourself confuse by meaningless tables which are created to blur your vision and to give you the false impression that you will be able to catch the bottom and peak of the property cycle.

Due to its large quantum and low yield, if you make one wrong move, you entire life saving could possibly be wipe out.

With the new property tax target on landed property, landed property owner should be prepare to pay "maintenance fee" to government.

Last edited by lajia; 27-02-13 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by ringo33

This is the umpteenth time you have posted these charts. Something new coupled with an intelligent statement or if its asking too much, a common sense remark would be a refreshing change.

FYI, the tables are derived from the same data that was used to plot the price index chart but its not surprising that some people may deem it confusing if they cannot even differentiate between price and value and think that landed owners depend on rich foreigners to support them.

Does the new property tax changes only apply to landed ? What about high end luxury apts in CCR?
    Last edited by proper-t; 27-02-13 at 17:54.

Someone already pointed this to u and yet u never want to listen and keep talking nonsense...what large quantum?? So u talking about GCB??a terrace or semi-d can range from 1.5mil to as high as 9mil or even more. A condo can also be in that range....so dont buy landed and dont buy condo or dont buy anything?
    ... can you be more specific before going on and on? What quantum are u talking about now? This will make your talk more meaningful.
    And what low yield u talking about? Which district? Buy how much and rental how much? Show what chart? Everything so general. Do u talk about yield if u Buy for own stay?

So it will dropped harder right, so let the NC buy lor...rite?
    owning landed property is like driving a bus around town. No point keep telling everyone that bus can hold 40 people and its cheaper than car because it got more empty seats.

Rental yield for landed is pretty obvious. $1000psf to buy, $1.5psf to rent. With new property tax and potential rising interest rate, those taking 80% mortgage to buy landed property will be fried.

Again, dont waste time looking at meaningless table that is meant to confuse you. Only a price index chart speaks the truth and give you a complete picture of whats happening.

答非所问, 语无论次。。。enough said.
    owning landed property is like driving a bus around town. No point keep telling everyone that bus can hold 40 people and its cheaper than car because it got more empty seats.

Rental yield for landed is pretty obvious. $1000psf to buy, $1.5psf to rent. With new property tax and potential rising interest rate, those taking 80% mortgage to buy landed property will be fried.

Again, dont waste time looking at meaningless table that is meant to confuse you. Only a price index chart speaks the truth and give you a complete picture of whats happening.

This is a change but its seems like its taking a turn for the worse as the content hardly makes any sense.

First : silly analogies - People buy different types of vehicles according to their needs and their perception of value. There are also MPVs and SUVs to choose from too. Comparing landed to a bus just proves that there is certainly a great difficulty on poster's part in comprehending the difference between price and value.

Secondly, another statement that doesn't make sense (btw, someone used to think that the new property tax changes is only for landed). Property tax is computed based on annual values which is based on estimated annual rents. If you are saying that rents are low (1.5psf) for landed, wouldn't that translate to a lower annual value and hence lower property tax? How does it compare to a high yielding luxury apt?

Just because you are confused doesn't mean that the readers are about to bring themselves down to your level. The message from the table is simple. Take some time to digest.
    Last edited by proper-t; 27-02-13 at 18:46.

Talking about rental yield, cluster has one of the best rental yield if u have check. Since u have taken one of the worst yield i will show u one of the better ones...
    13k/mth purchase at 3.7mil. Yield=4.2%
    And one of those terrace, bought 1.6mil, 5k/mth, yield=3.6%

There are more...

Talking about rental yield, cluster has one of the best rental yield if u have check. Since u have taken one of the worst yield i will show u one of the better ones...
    13k/mth purchase at 3.7mil. Yield=4.2%
    And one of those terrace, bought 1.6mil, 5k/mth, yield=3.6%

There are more...
    if you want to prove your point, make sure got head and tail lah or else it will be like your word vs mine. whats the point right?

aiyo, you all can argue here until the khaw comes home and still not conclusion lah.

simple.

bro ringo33 talks down landed because he wants to buy land at a lower price to build some houses.

bro proper-t and lajia talk up landed because they are vested in landed.

both sides have their points, both got blind spots.

personally i think when the river rises, all boats will rise. when the river ebbs all boats will sink. landed, condo, apt, flat, nothing escapes the moving water line lah.

importantly, is singapore sinking or rising? u all argue here and there about properties in singapore but the most important part of it is the river! no not talking about the singapore river which bro bj21 loves so much but you smarties should get my point.

WOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

if you want to prove your point, make sure got head and tail lah or else it will be like your word vs mine. whats the point right?