Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Landed will drop while other property segments continue to rise

Default Landed will drop while other property segments continue to rise

If you really have to get a property now for own occupation,then it is safer to go for new HDB or new Executive Condo or even private condo.

Now, look at the landed prices objectively now. Many terraces in strange locations of approx 1000 sqft but rebuilt up to the max plot ratio of around 2000 over sqft .These are now asking for S$3M or more. Would buyers with budget of S$3M want to buy these, since buyers with that kind of budget are sophiscated and discerning investors? If they have S$3Million budget, they would rather build their own landed with their own design and taste on lower ratio.

"As long as you have not realised your property profits or cannot realise your property profits; THEY ARE NOT PROFITS. They are merely an illusion in your mind."
    - Wise Words by BJ21T

I can also say my Nassim bungalow is worth S$100Million. But as long as there are no takers, it remains an unrealised dream. I only needs one of my neighbors to sell his at S$5 Million to sabotage me.

The underlying fear I have is this : Do we wish to have landed all owned by "New" Singaporeans instead of locally born Singaporeans eventually in the future ?

I have no issues if they go buy up all the condos or 99 years cluster TOWN houses. BUT LANDED is a Special class of property reserved for TRUE SINGAPOREANS ONLY. Singaporeans who are willing to fight for the country. Until the new ones can prove themselves, I would reserve my landed for myself and brothers here thank you.

If landed is not an important aspect of POLITICS, why do Australia, Malaysia, India, and even some states in USA restrict buying of lands ?

One suggestion I have is to allow only second generation of "New" Singaporeans to buy landed. Or if the second generation is NOT born here, they have to wait for their locally BORN grandchildren to buy it for them. KEY WORD here is locally born of this land Or better still: TO HAVE SERVED NATIONAL SERVICE IN SAF .

The thing I AM NERVOUS ABOUT IS WHEN high property prices is NOT substainable. Substainable in the perspective of LOCALLY BORN SINGAPOREAN and with regards to their financial fairness.

It must be attainable to the local Singaporean WHOM had worked hard for their SGD and be able to buy a proper landed at the level of their next upgrade in the social life/class ladder.

IF HOWEVER, the landed prices are artifically inflated due to some person(s) who HAS no concept of the value of SGD ( IMAGINE USING PURE CASH TO BUY A PROPERTY ! ), then the landed price will reach a stage BEYOND the locally born Singaporean who are climbing this social ladder.SINCE there exist this disparity gap in Wealth level and perception of value of money between the PRC and local Singaporean.

IF local Singaporean cannot afford landed, then logically these landed will eventually ended up in the hands of "NEW" Singaporean if you know what I mean. The landed will hence be passed around among this group of people ONLY.Hence creating an unfairness in the economic system.

I hope our MIW look into new companies ( Hanyu Pinyin sounding Names ) set up with the sole intention to acquire huge plot of private landed from private owners here.

Better find out who are the shareholders composition.
    This is very easily done by sending staff to look and record all the sign boards placed outside the reconstructing sites.

Thank You.

thank you bro. you are one true blue SINGAPOREAN

Reading the content of your post, it seems to contradict your thread title as you are of the opinion that landed prices will be driven HIGHER by new singaporeans and you are appealing to the authorities to do something about it. So aren't you in effect saying that landed will CONTINUE to rise if the authorities don't do anything about it???

Unfortunately almost all of the people in authority stay in landed themselves and given the small percentage of voters staying in landed, I seriously doubt if this will be the first on their agenda list. They have much bigger fish to fry with HDB etc. Which segment of voters do you think they will deal with first? Apart from restriction of ownership, in the entire history of our property market, have you come across any measures targetted directly at landed?
    Last edited by proper-t; 11-01-13 at 09:24.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader

I hope our MIW look into new companies ( Hanyu Pinyin sounding Names ) set up with the sole intention to acquire huge plot of private landed from private owners here.

Better find out who are the shareholders composition.
    This is very easily done by sending staff to look and record all the sign boards placed outside the reconstructing sites.

Thank You.
    Foreign companies, foreign shareholders, foreign directors - any of these means the developer needs to develop and sell all within a stipulated time (reference SC Global).

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Reading the content of your post, it seems to contradict your thread title as you are of the opinion that landed prices will be driven HIGHER by new singaporeans and you are appealing to the authorities to do something about it. So aren't you in effect saying that landed will CONTINUE to rise if the authorities don't do anything about it???

Unfortunately almost all of the people in authority stay in landed themselves and given the small percentage of voters staying in landed, I seriously doubt if this will be the first on their agenda list. They have much bigger fish to fry with HDB etc. Which segment of voters do you think they will deal with first? Apart from restriction of ownership, in the entire history of our property market, have you come across any measures targetted directly at landed?
    What he is actually saying is even if landed property prices continue to rise in tandem with the rest of the property market, it may only be an illusion because these have risen beyond the affordable level of Singaporeans. To sell landed at the price you desire will have to depend on newly minted Singaporeans! The major restriction of landed is ONLY SINGAPOREANS CAN BUY! Exceptions have to be separately approved by the authorities.

A good way to track affordability is to track the rental rate of landed property.

When rate gets too low, it means there is a mismatch in the value and price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    A good way to track affordability is to track the rental rate of landed property.

When rate gets too low, it means there is a mismatch in the value and price.
    And there is a mis-match
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

20 years ago,I was a GUNIANG in SAF. GUNIANG because I was fed with a silver spoon all my life. To go through SAF was like asking me to transform myself into a MAN from a GUNIANG. It was terrible, no longer was my army of maids attending around me. Then, to make it worse, my steady left me, as if she was an intentional plot by my jealous relatives.

I cried in the toilet like almost every night in Tekong.If you guys had watched Jack Neo's from "Ah Boy to Man", you will realise that the main actor is actually about your humble brother me.

However, I still went through the whole TWO AND A HALF YEARS ARMY SERVICE. And you know what pushed me to go through SAF ?

IT is my DETERMINATION TO BE A FULLY QUALIFIED SINGAPOREAN MAN so that I can inherit the Singapore bungalow and wealth from my grandfather.

20 years ago,I was a GUNIANG in SAF. GUNIANG because I was fed with a silver spoon all my life. To go through SAF was like asking me to transform myself into a MAN from a GUNIANG. It was terrible, no longer was my army of maids attending around me. Then, to make it worse, my steady left me, as if she was an intentional plot by my jealous relatives.

I cried in the toilet like almost every night in Tekong.If you guys had watched Jack Neo's from "Ah Boy to Man", you will realise that the main actor is actually about your humble brother me.

However, I still went through the whole TWO AND A HALF YEARS ARMY SERVICE. And you know what pushed me to go through SAF ?

IT is my DETERMINATION TO BE A FULLY QUALIFIED SINGAPOREAN MAN so that I can inherit the Singapore bungalow and wealth from my grandfather.
    I am not appealing to the Authority to do anything about rising landed prices, since I already owned landed.

I am merely gently reminding them.

7 years ago, I already said in the Internet property forums that the supply of condos will not be enough.

Now Year 2013, 11th JAN 12:23pm, I am saying that there is a bubble forming in landed property here. But other Singaporean property segments will still be healthy.

THIS IS BECAUSE THE PRICE DISPARITY between landed and private CCR condos IS TOO GREAT NOW.

7 years ago, I already said in the Internet property forums that the supply of condos will not be enough.

Now Year 2013, 11th JAN 12:23pm, I am saying that there is a bubble forming in landed property here. But other Singaporean property segments will still be healthy.

THIS IS BECAUSE THE PRICE DISPARITY between landed and private CCR condos IS TOO GREAT NOW.
    This landed bubble will not be evident until like maybe 10 years later. By then, it may be too late to rectify liao. Look at Johor Authority, see how proactive they react to the recent property heating there? I think today got News on this if I not heard wrongly on radio just now.

This landed bubble will not be evident until like maybe 10 years later. By then, it may be too late to rectify liao. Look at Johor Authority, see how proactive they react to the recent property heating there? I think today got News on this if I not heard wrongly on radio just now.
    Local Singaporeans who are born here are born with business networks and friends networks here. They save from either work or businesses to climb the property ladder very much like my billionaire grandfather ( Richer than Hour Glass) :

Along the way, some took risks and managed to stay in bungalows, while the lesser lucky ones managed to own terrace houses.

However, I am reminding you guys, this is a different ball game now. It is not enough to be just Singaporean to own landed. I believe One must serve SAF NATIONAL SERVICE to get a certificate of qualification for buying landed, much like Cars.

Of course, anybody can buy condos, the issue of being a LOCALLY BORN Singaporean here is immaterial.

Believe or not is up to you. Let's dig out this thread 7 years later in 2020 and see how.
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 11-01-13 at 11:46.

u forgot True blue female Singaporean , no NS experience also true blue Singaporean who can buy LANDED ...

I am not appealing to the Authority to do anything about rising landed prices, since I already owned landed.

I am merely gently reminding them.

Ok since you think landed is in a bubble and going to drop, and there is a mismatch in rental conjectured by some bros here, Why don't you sell off your landed now and rent OR buy CCR property? Then you can buy an even BIGGER bungalow when the prices drop. Lead by example bro !!!! Must walk the talk....

Ok since you think landed is in a bubble and going to drop, and there is a mismatch in rental as indicated by some bros here, Why don't you sell off your landed now and rent OR buy CCR property? Then you can buy an even BIGGER bungalow when the prices drop. Lead by example bro !!!! Must walk the talk....
    CHIOKAPENG la.. see the photo above? study it carefully...You are asking me to sell my grandfather memory away?

I think you thought I am motivated by profits.

WOAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    u forgot True blue female Singaporean , no NS experience also true blue Singaporean who can buy LANDED ...
    Yes..this is very correct. That is why all locally born Singaporean should be issued with a certificate of eligibility for buying landed.

this is a great idea !

Wah..10 years ah...like that means its a good time to buy now since landed will keep rising for at least a good ten years..

Wah..10 years ah...like that means its a good time to buy now since landed will keep rising for at least a good ten years..
    you missed my point again. you must be a very young man. you think this is an issue of profit or loss.

It is not la. woahahahahahahahha

And so my THIRD EYE SAW:

I climb and climb,
    I climb and climb,
    10 long years I climbed every day and night,
    I climb and climb,
    I climb and climb,
    Only to find the doors to my house locked.

GOOD LUCK.

And so my THIRD EYE SAW:

I climb and climb,
    I climb and climb,
    10 long years I climbed every day and night,
    I climb and climb,
    I climb and climb,
    Only to find the doors to my house locked.

GOOD LUCK.
    last time my grandpa time, CCR condo prices went up because only very few foreigners want to be Singaporean. So they cannot buy landed since they are still Foreigners. that is why u see Orchard property prices so high now.

Now, everyone wants to be a Singaporean and once they become one, they can buy landed liao.

This is the best HINT I can give you. It does not matter to me anyway.

GOD bless you all.

i hope the uncles here don't mind their LANDED price to drop a bit like 40% for young / true blue Singaporean like me to buy ....hee hee

i hope the uncles here don't mind their LANDED price to drop a bit like 40% for young / true blue Singaporean like me to buy ....hee hee
    I second that.. going to serve the nation again next week.

CHIOKAPENG la.. see the photo above? study it carefully...You are asking me to sell my grandfather memory away?

I think you thought I am motivated by profits.

WOAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH

EH ? in one of your other post, you said yr nassim bungalow bought from one of yr relatives so can't be passed down from yr grandfather ...Which is which now ?

And my current Nassim bungalow was actually owned by one of my relatives la...I am the hiddened buyer that bought this property at a bargain from him la.

All my relatives have no idea...

WOAHEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHHh

you missed my point again. you must be a very young man. you think this is an issue of profit or loss.

It is not la. woahahahahahahahha
    Me old man already lah....yah,I think I understand where you are coming from now...it is not a issue of profit or loss...you just want to accumulate MORE landed... A lot of people here think they can move the market by posting all kinds of statements (the infamous Mr. B for e.g) but I don't think it works...nice try bro!

Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    dear all ,

i feel exactly like you guys. i also think the prices are really sky high. It is time we bring those landed owners back to Planet Earth. I was twice a landed owner and really regret selling them due to financial circumstances forced upon me. I guess that is life. At the prices currently, I cannot even afford a good terrace in good location !

i strongly believe that if we stand together as one, we can make the landed prices more affordable. we should totally keep ourselves blind on all landed adverts. make no telephone enquiries to them. hopefully we will stand a chance for our next upgrade to a landed lor.

do not let the landed developers see us forumers no up la !!!

double post ( see above photo again)
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 11-01-13 at 12:37.

No offence bro...Your posts continue to be very interesting to read ..........keep posting lah....

No offence bro...Your posts continue to be very interesting to read ..........keep posting lah....
    aiyo, why bro say like dat? i am not at all offended leh i also enjoy ur posting what.

Me old man already lah....yah,I think I understand where you are coming from now...it is not a issue of profit or loss...you just want to accumulate MORE landed... A lot of people here think they can move the market by posting all kinds of statements (the infamous Mr. B for e.g) but I don't think it works...nice try bro!
    exactly... i also never believe in the lame Internet also. they are just noises.

Kudos

exactly... i also never believe in the lame Internet also. they are just noises.

Kudos
    Yes...only believe in your THIRD EYE...

Better still. HDB should start building landed like last time in the 70s.