Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 100

Thread: PES & Roof Terrace to be treated as GFA

  1. #81
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leftfield
    It shld be retrosepctively applied to the older developments, it's silly to have 2 sets of rules.
    Think you have to read the guidelines carefully:


    [SIZE=3]
    [SIZE=3]All PES and private roof terraces within flat and condominium developments, including executive condominiums, will now be computed as GFA. To qualify under the bonus GFA, [B][COLOR=red]capped at 10%[/COLOR][/B] beyond the Master Plan allowable GPR, they will need to comply with the following guidelines. [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

    For new developments, all PES+RT+ balconies can only be included in the 10% bonus GFA. If they want to go beyond the 10%, they have to pay DC.

    For existing developments, the balconies would have already used up all the available 10% bonus GFA since the PES+RT were so called 'free', hence URA may not allow PES+RT to be covered in existing developments.

  2. #82
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Think you have to read the guidelines carefully:




    For new developments, all PES+RT+ balconies can only be included in the 10% bonus GFA. If they want to go beyond the 10%, they have to pay DC.

    For existing developments, the balconies would have already used up all the available 10% bonus GFA since the PES+RT were so called 'free', hence URA may not allow PES+RT to be covered in existing developments.


    like i said

    it depends on the kind of cover ...
    as long as it is not enclosed ... it does not change the GFA ..MCST shud approve ...

    but the design must also not be an eye sore lah ...

  3. #83
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    like i said

    it depends on the kind of cover ...
    as long as it is not enclosed ... it does not change the GFA ..MCST shud approve ...

    but the design must also not be an eye sore lah ...
    Under the old rules, the cover can only extend 2m from the wall (see quote from URA site below). . Anything beyond that is considered as additional GFA.

    With the new rules, they allow full cover PROVIDED the PES+RT+Balconies do not exceed 10%, so my gut feel is that if your development has already used up the 10% bonus for balconies, it is unlikely they will grant approval for FULL cover of the PES as it is counted as additional GFA. You can still build a cover upto 2m tho'

    [B][SIZE=3](q) [/SIZE][/B][FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3]Private Enclosed Space (PES)
    A "Private Enclosed Space" refers to a private outdoor area adjacent to a strata unit. [B]It is intended to be an open uncovered space[/B], with its extent defined by low fencing or wall to be owned by the adjacent strata unit owner for use as a private garden. There is no control on the material for the enclosure or fencing that defines extent of the PES. However, the PES enclosure or fencing must not exceed 1m in height to ensure that PES retains an open and outdoor character as shown in Figure 5.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3]
    PES that is protected by a cover up to 2m in depth measured from the external wall not computed as part of the overall gross floor area of a development. [B]The subsequent covering of the PES beyond 2m in depth will generate additional GFA[/B] and requires planning permission. Submissions for additions and alterations within a strata unit which involve an increase in gross floor area are subject to the provisions in the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act.
    [/SIZE]

  4. #84
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default Covering PES/RT costs

    Does anybody know how much the developmental charges will be like to cover a PES or RT?

    It may be worthwhile for a homeowner of current properties with RTs/PESs to consider applying to do so. In land scarce Singapore, every bit of space is worth converting for a more useful purpose.

    How does one go about doing it? What are the obstacles and costs?

    Would appreciate if anybody with experience in this to share.

    Thank you in advance.

  5. #85
    Be Heard, not the Herd

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Does anybody know how much the developmental charges will be like to cover a PES or RT?

    It may be worthwhile for a homeowner of current properties with RTs/PESs to consider applying to do so. In land scarce Singapore, every bit of space is worth converting for a more useful purpose.

    How does one go about doing it? What are the obstacles and costs?

    Would appreciate if anybody with experience in this to share.

    Thank you in advance.
    This might help. It depends on geographical area and unit type. Condos are B2.
    [url]http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/Development%20Charge.htm[/url]

    The rates are reviewed every six months.

  6. #86
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    This might help. It depends on geographical area and unit type. Condos are B2.
    [url]http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/Development%20Charge.htm[/url]

    The rates are reviewed every six months.


    Great! Thanks a lot.

    Looking at the table, the psm developmental charges are not that high. Only thousands of dollars per sqm. For example, in East Coast (sector95) it only costs $4200/sqm in developmental charges.

    This means that a PES or RTof 3-400sqft will cost less than $150,000 to develop. Add renovation costs of up to $50,000. Two extra rooms can be created with $200k.

  7. #87
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Great! Thanks a lot.

    Looking at the table, the psm developmental charges are not that high. Only thousands of dollars per sqm. For example, in East Coast (sector95) it only costs $4200/sqm in developmental charges.

    This means that a PES or RTof 3-400sqft will cost less than $150,000 to develop. Add renovation costs of up to $50,000. Two extra rooms can be created with $200k.
    There are more challenges than just paying DC. You also have to get the approval of your MC (some of them are very sticky about the eternal facades) and planning permission from BCA. PLUS, with a larger GFA, your MC may also increase your unit's share value which may mean higher maintenance charges.

  8. #88
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    There are more challenges than just paying DC. You also have to get the approval of your MC (some of them are very sticky about the eternal facades) and planning permission from BCA. PLUS, with a larger GFA, your MC may also increase your unit's share value which may mean higher maintenance charges.
    Yep.......

    So how??

    Do what everybody else is doing....... just quietly build and don't offend your neighbours l guess

    Haha... it is actually quite rampant.

  9. #89
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Yep.......

    So how??

    Do what everybody else is doing....... just quietly build and don't offend your neighbours l guess

    Haha... it is actually quite rampant.


  10. #90
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Great! Thanks a lot.

    Looking at the table, the psm developmental charges are not that high. Only thousands of dollars per sqm. For example, in East Coast (sector95) it only costs $4200/sqm in developmental charges.

    This means that a PES or RTof 3-400sqft will cost less than $150,000 to develop. Add renovation costs of up to $50,000. Two extra rooms can be created with $200k.
    if the GFA has already been fully utilised ...you can forget about it ... paying DC also no use ... simply not allowed

    so PC TOPed between 2005-2012 almost fully utilised their GFA ...if yours is much much older ...10-30 yr old PC ..then still got chance that the GFA was never fully used

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •