Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who are affected by the new property cooling measures?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Agree the price not that easy to drop, remember Lehman's crisis price only dropped 20%.
    that was banks,in trouble.

now we have nations in trouble.

which's more serious??

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    The good thing is those who bought in the past 3 years are not going to sell a single unit if they can afford to hold, reason being the cost to aquire a new one is so high. i for one would not be selling any.

i think will be good we can track the number of listings on propertyguru for the next few weeks, my hunch is that owners will withdraw the sales.
    What about a PC-turned EC owner who bought new launched unit (TOP 2013 or beginning 2014) intending to sell out their EC at current peak? Are they still buyer out there willing to buy or they must lower down their unit in order to sell?

PropertyGuru is just a website with tons of agents, whose art is to either con the buyer to buy or con the seller to sell.

I predict that there will still be ads put up, but many will be just empty
    ads without actual sellers.

Now the job is to con sellers to sell, how does agents do it ?

Put up ads with ridiculously high asking prices, then when sellers see it, they will quickly contact the agent. For example, advertise some units at Cosmopolitan for $2,800 psf. Then owerns confirm will be curious enough to contact agent.

Office Boy kenna this many many times already - hehe! But managed to pull off the selling at the very high psf they tried to con me!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    We need to go deeper to look at who are sustaining the property market before CM7. As rightly point up by vip, they are the upgraders buying up mass market PCs. With CM7, this group would find it hard to upgra
    We only need to look at history to understand how the market works.
    ++LIKED. As always, I enjoyed vip and leeds perspectives on properties .

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Thanks. They are just my two-cent worth. Glad you find one or two points that make sense to you.

I concur

Quote Originally Posted by spyro
    I concur
    Glad to note that you guys are enjoying my contributions. It makes my day. Thank you!

I would like to see how the next GLS ends.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    No need to wait for GLS.
    Just wait for this weekend to see how QBay sales is like.

With each CM, developers have been trained how to bounce back quickly and convince buyers what they have always suspected - Property Prices in Singapore, in the long run, will always go UP!

Actually not only Singaporeans, even the China Chinese, India Indians, Americans, Europeans (you should have noticed that there is signfiicant increase in the number of Europeans in Singapore by now - Eastern and Western both also got a lot!) have already learnt this open secret of Singapore!

I wont go through the equation how government achieve this. Think as Singaporeans, we all shld already know.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    There will be 5 ECs GLS for sale in 1H 2013 yielding a total of 3,110 units.
    1 in Woodlands (Mar), 1 in Anchorvale (Apr), 2 in Punggol(Apr and June) and 1 in Yuan Ching road (June).

If you are the developer, would you bid low or high?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    1 in Woodlands (Mar), 1 in Anchorvale (Apr), 2 in Punggol(Apr and June) and 1 in Yuan Ching road (June).

Bid low may not get the land.

Officially our forummer is Expert status as conferred by independent site.

Well done!

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...perty-measures

Quote Originally Posted by fclim

I will bid very very very high for site near MRT. The rest of the sites I would not bid Location, Location, Location

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi

Well done!

But is he a forumer from here??

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    But is he a forumer from here??
    So VIP = propertysoul ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi

Well done!

Thank you for letting me know that my humble blog post was quoted somewhere.

To the media, an "expert" must be the spokesperson of an institution from the property industry. So I am no expert but just an ordinary property investor with no vested interest.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    Bid low may not get the land.
    Yes. If I were a developer, I could possibly bid quite high to get the land.

With the latest CM, developers cannot launch EC units until 15 months later or completion of foundation works, whichever is earlier.

The last EC land sold was in Dec 2012. Assuming it is launched in June 2013, there will not be any ECs launched after that until at least 12 months later, in June 2014 (assuming award of the first EC Feb 2013 tender in Mar 2013). That's one whole year without any EC launching.

Would this time lag create a pent up demand enough to ensure units are snapped up the moment they are launched?

5,115 ECs were sold last year. So roughly, this will be the pent up demand for one year.

But, this is only for the first few EC GLS up for tender in the next few months. After June 2014, there will be ECs launched every month.

Another thing is...there will be no ECs competing with PCs for one year, meaning prices of PCs may not go down. Those needing ECs now because of salary limit, loan tenure etc, may settle for PCs instead, since got no EC around.
    Last edited by fclim; 16-01-13 at 14:03.

The developers take about 9 months to get the approval for sale.
    This includes the BCA approval etc.

So, effectively 15-9 months, 6 months delay in the launch

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    The developers take about 9 months to get the approval for sale.
    This includes the BCA approval etc.

So, effectively 15-9 months, 6 months delay in the launch
    The time gap is getting shorter. Some recent developments:

1. Citylife@Tampines: Contract awarded: 14 May 2012. Launched: Dec 2012. 7 months.

2. Heron Bay: Contract awarded: 6 Mar 2012. Launched: Sep 2012. 6 months.

3. Forestville : Contract awarded: 7 May 2012. Launched: Nov 2012. 6 months.

4. La Fiesta (Not EC) : Contract awarded: 15 Jun 2012. Launched: Jan 2013. 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by vip
    Thank you for letting me know that my humble blog post was quoted somewhere.

To the media, an "expert" must be the spokesperson of an institution from the property industry. So I am no expert but just an ordinary property investor with no vested interest.
    Ok, more like you Inspired them...

Guvment sending signals today thru Lui TY.

More MRT lines coming up.

Buy for the long term sure ok.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    Guvment sending signals today thru Lui TY.

More MRT lines coming up.

Buy for the long term sure ok.
    SINGAPORE: Singapore will have two new MRT lines, while three existing lines will be extended. These will double the rail network stretch to 360 kilometres, compared with the current 178 kilometres.

By then, eight in 10 households will have a train station within a 10-minute walk, compared with about six in 10 currently.

These plans for the rail network followed a review of the Land Transport Master Plan by the Land Transport Authority (LTA).

Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew announced the new developments when he visited Chinatown Station of the Downtown Line on Thursday.

The new lines are the Cross Island Line (CRL) and Jurong Region Line (JRL).

The CRL will run from Jurong Industrial Estate and pass through areas such as West Coast, Bukit Timah, Ang Mo Kio, Punggol and Pasir Ris before ending in Changi. The 50-kilometre line, which is expected to be completed by 2030, will be connected to all existing lines.

It is expected to relieve the load of the existing East-West and North-East lines and shorten journey times significantly. For example, it takes about 40 minutes to get from Punggol to Pasir Ris by bus. With the CRL, it will take 10 to 15 minutes.

The other new line -- Jurong Region Line -- will be completed in 2025. The 20-kilometre line will pass through areas such as Jurong West, Jurong Industrial District, West Coast, Choa Chu Kang and potential new developments in Tengah.

Those travelling from the North to Jurong, like students of Nanyang Technological University, can skip Jurong East Station on the East-West Line.

Three existing lines -- the Circle Line (CCL), Downtown Line (DTL) and North-East Line (NEL) -- will be extended.

The CCL will be four kilometres longer -- to close the link between HarbourFront and Marina Bay stations and save commuters the hassle of making multiple transfers. The extension, which will also pass through Keppel, is expected to be completed by 2025.

The DTL will be two kilometres longer by 2025 -- to run through the East Coast area. It will be connected to the East West Line and the Eastern Region Line, which will be ready by 2020, so that commuters can transfer between the Downtown Line and Eastern Region Line in the east.

As for the NEL, two kilometres will be added by 2030 -- in tandem with new developments in Punggol -- to serve Punggol North, including the new Punggol Downtown.

The LTA is also exploring the possibility of an additional station between Sembawang and Yishun stations on the North-South Line, in anticipation of future developments in the area.

wow, so many lines. Easily lost in the MRT jungle

Someone should come out with an app to recommend the MRT line to take for getting from point A to B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tek888
    wow, so many lines. Easily lost in the MRT jungle

Someone should come out with an app to recommend the MRT line to take for getting from point A to B.
    just look at london and paris line. that is where we are heading eventually (may not get to see it tho')

every place will be near MRT literally.