Thread: How does CM7 affect SC+PR combo?

Default How does CM7 affect SC+PR combo?

I think there are lots of friends in our midst that are in this combo, any idea how will CM affect them? When applying for flat, dbss, ec or private, are they look upon as citizen or PR? Just curious how do stuff like absd affect them. Any gurus?

I have a few Sc+PR friends who can buy bto flats, I suppose should be treated like Sc family.

Quote Originally Posted by nochoice
    I have a few Sc+PR friends who can buy bto flats, I suppose should be treated like Sc family.
    I see, they should be able to buy ECs too if that is the case. Just wondering if they will need to pay 5% ABSD?

Purchase by SC and others (Singapore Permanent Residents and Foreigners)

9. I am a SC married to a SPR. We jointly own a private flat. If we buy another house jointly, what is the ABSD payable by us?

The purchase of the house will be your second property for both yourself and your spouse. As your spouse is a SPR, both of you would have to pay ABSD at 10% of the purchase price/value of the house. However you may be eligible for the ABSD refund if you dispose of your first property within 6 months from the date of purchase/TOP/CSC (whichever is applicable) of your second property.

10. I am a SC married to a SPR. We jointly own a 3-room HDB flat. If we upgrade to a 5-room flat, do we need to pay ABSD?

As HDB’s rules require buyers to dispose of their existing flats within 6 months from the possession of new HDB flats, ABSD remission will be given upfront. You do not need to pay ABSD when you buy the 5-room HDB flat.

11. I am a SC married to a SPR. We jointly own a 5-room HDB flat. If we upgrade to a private flat, do we need to pay ABSD?

The purchase of the house will be your second property for both yourself and your spouse. As your spouse is a SPR, both of you would have to pay ABSD at 10% of the purchase price/value of the house. However, you may be eligible for the ABSD refund for second residential property if you and your spouse dispose of the HDB flat within 6 months of the date of purchase/TOP/CSC (whichever is applicable) of your private flat.

For more information on the conditions, please refer to remission/ refund.

12. I am a SC married to a SPR. Both of us do not own any property in Singapore. If we jointly purchase our first matrimonial home, do we need to pay ABSD?

SPRs are required to pay ABSD at 5% if they buy their first residential property on their own or jointly with SC. However if both you and your SPR spouse do not own any property and the matrimonial home is the only residential property owned by you and your spouse, you are eligible for the ABSD remission for spouses.

13. I am a SC and my wife is a FR. We jointly own one apartment which is our first matrimonial home and no other property. Would we be eligible for the ABSD remission if we upgrade to a terrace house and sell the apartment within 6 months of our purchase of the terrace house?

If you are able to fulfill all the conditions for ABSD refund for purchase of second property, the ABSD of 15% paid will be refunded to you.

Info taken from
    http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=12826
    Visit and "Like us" at our Sea Esta Facebook Page to get the latest updates on Sea Esta right from your Facebook News Feed!

To summarise, for mixed combo, if we are talking about 1st home, the couple will be treated as SC. For subsequent purchases, the couple will be treated as PR couple (except that they do not need to dispose off the hdb).

13. I am a SC and my wife is a FR. We jointly own one apartment which
    is our first matrimonial home and no other property. Would we be eligible for
    the ABSD remission if we upgrade to a terrace house and sell the apartment
    within 6 months of our purchase of the terrace house?

If you are
    able to fulfill all the conditions for ABSD refund for purchase of second
    property, the ABSD of 15% paid will be refunded to you.

For more
    information on the conditions, please refer to remission/ refund.

If spouse is foreigner, can his/ her name be included as the owner if the couple buys a landed property?
    I thought for foreigners, only SPR can be landed owners subjected to approval by SLA?

Thanks for the replies ... It is certainly very helpful ...