Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

On hindsight, it's easy to say this.

There was a time (not too long ago) when people say $1,300 psf for Evelyn is way too expensive! There was a time when Tribeca was sold for $1,350 psf and there were no takers!

But that being said, I am also in the group who cannot grasp the thinking of buyers who paid $1,700 psf for Soleil, what is their thinking ? Can sell for $2,000 psf in a few years' time ?

If you are one of them, I am sure we will all be grateful if u can share your thinking with us here. I am here to learn from you.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

There was a time (not too long ago) when people say $1,300 psf for Evelyn is way too expensive! There was a time when Tribeca was sold for $1,350 psf and there were no takers!

But that being said, I am also in the group who cannot grasp the thinking of buyers who paid $1,700 psf for Soleil, what is their thinking ? Can sell for $2,000 psf in a few years' time ?

If you are one of them, I am sure we will all be grateful if u can share your thinking with us here. I am here to learn from you.

DKSG
    no nid to ask...11xxpsf for soleil studio last yr lelong nobody wants..face wall mah...i pity the owner...take one lor

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    no nid to ask...11xxpsf for soleil studio last yr lelong nobody wants..face wall mah...i pity the owner...take one lor
    Yes, no need to ask me. Ask the people who just bought Licoln Suite for 2627psf.

Don`t tell me this 29 story-blocks which TOP will be in 2015 deserved to be sold at this price because it is FREEHOLD, and not for SOLEIL at 1700psf which is 36story, TOP next year, because it is LEASEHOLD.

take 20% discount from 2600psf=2080psf (difference between FH vs LH)

soleil shd worth 2080psf! 1700psf very cheap hor

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

DKSG
    Come on! I don`t know what you are trying to say.
    You are saying at that time even Evelyn and Tribeca couldn`t find the buyer at that low price, but how dare Soleil is able to find the buyer at such a high price of 1700psf at now?? Is that what you want to say??
    But why didn`t you see current price of both projects?? Are they still not finding buyers with 1300psf, 1350psf?? You have to compare past one with past one, and current thing with current thing.

I know that was around Jan-Mar 2009 which property price just hit the bottom, and even that time, Rivergate had been dropped until 1100-1200psf!!
    Now look at the price of Rivergate. Skyrocketted!!
    If you want to find case like this, there are so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    so for people who bought soleil at $1700psf, you will probably be expecting the place to be enblocked at 3000psf?
    Why cannot??!!
    Look at how Lincoln suites are selling now, even TOP in 2015. They are selling at 2300-2500psf, even above.
    After 30years, maybe around 2040, don`t you think it cannot reach 3000psf??

frankly, 1700psf for a high flr studio in soleil not ridiculous...i am not shocked

recently, only The Sound shocked me!

soleil is already the tallest project there, up few storeys won't make much dif, unless up to 50 storeys. Even then, for developers to pay each household an average of 3000psf in future to enbloc the place is madness, unless our currency grossly devalue over the next 20-30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    or when URA change the plot ratio and height limit

soleil is already the tallest project there, up few storeys won't make much dif, unless up to 50 storeys. Even then, for developers to pay each household an average of 3000psf in future to enbloc the place is madness, unless our currency grossly devalue over the next 20-30 years.
    make sense too

wah lau..now makes me worried about my holdings oredi....enbloc potential...not quite leh

For the past 30years the architecture technique has been developed tremendously, and it is no doubt to anticipate it will be developed better and more.
    Singapore is getting more people to come and settle in, population is increasing in this small red dot, then if you are governor, what will you think?
    Have to allow to build higher, but it will be certainly in near city area. Look at the buildings in HK and Shanghai.
    After 30years, it will be the piece of cake to build more than 50storys.

Soleil is one of best in Novena in terms of its location and proximity to commercial area, and Novena will become 2nd city next to Orchard.
    You should know why quite number of goverment people chose Soleil, not other freehold in Novena area.

In addition, thinking of its speed of devaluation of Sing dollor
    and listening to the sound which US and other country printing money
    and seeing GOLD price hit record high everyday,
    Soleil for 3000psf in next 20-30 years is no joke.

How about now? Soleil for 1700psf looks cheap, right? It is not looking cheap, but true it is cheap and undervalue in town!!!

Anyone know what happen to the sales gallery? Seem like demolished.

did you say $1700psf for a 99yr leasehold condo in hospital town cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by trump7

How about now? Soleil for 1700psf looks cheap, right? It is not looking cheap, but true it is cheap and undervalue in town!!!

I chose to call it "medical Hub"....

since u say that, would u like to buy my HDB for $1m? Real undervalue too, and no need to worry about price crash or en-bloc. Guarantee of principal value and rental to FTs

everything is perceived value

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    since u say that, would u like to buy my HDB for $1m? Real undervalue too, and no need to worry about price crash or en-bloc. Guarantee of principal value and rental to FTs
    Give me three reasons why your HDB is undervalue with $1M price.
    Otherwise pls go back to your school and learn more about property market basic principal!!

did you say $1700psf for a 99yr leasehold condo in hospital town cheap?
    Here comes typical behavior again!
    If nothing to make counterargument then start talking about hospital town again! Never ending!!!

aiyah, every condo sure got faults

if soleil no hospital nearby...shd be 2kpsf oredi

the argument is very simple. for prices of soleil to move to $3000psf, it can only be two likely catalysts. Firstly, if the demand for a unit in Soleil far supercedes the supply, then there may a possibility of prices going up marginally, not double. 2ndly, banks are less inclined towards supporting such a high valuation when valuations for such properties are usually done on a comparison basis. there is really nothing much soliel can be compared to as it is already one of the most exensive projects in the vicinity. No banker is going to gaze into a crystal ball and tell you he shares your sentiments about soleil reaching 3k psf and thus he should value it as such blindly. If you had bought a unit there at 1700psf to 1900psf, i can only say good luck to you. exploit of the rental potential as much as you can and cut down on ur losses.

Here comes typical behavior again!
    If nothing to make counterargument then start talking about hospital town again! Never ending!!!

forgot to mention that if our currency go through hyperinflation, then you may see 3000psf for your soleil unit.

Give me three reasons why your HDB is undervalue with $1M price.
    Otherwise pls go back to your school and learn more about property market basic principal!!
    uh oh, another guy with sub-par intellect. of course going by the same reasons u quote that 1700psf for soleil is considered under-valuation. DUH

stupidity has no cure

uh oh, another guy with sub-par intellect. of course going by the same reasons u quote that 1700psf for soleil is considered under-valuation. DUH

stupidity has no cure
    Come on, fool!

Soleil with 1700psf is real situation now.
    Your kampong HDB for 1M is your dream only!!

don`t show up your jealousy in this D11 forum.
    Last edited by trump7; 20-06-10 at 20:39.

the argument is very simple. for prices of soleil to move to $3000psf, it can only be two likely catalysts. Firstly, if the demand for a unit in Soleil far supercedes the supply, then there may a possibility of prices going up marginally, not double. 2ndly, banks are less inclined towards supporting such a high valuation when valuations for such properties are usually done on a comparison basis. there is really nothing much soliel can be compared to as it is already one of the most exensive projects in the vicinity. No banker is going to gaze into a crystal ball and tell you he shares your sentiments about soleil reaching 3k psf and thus he should value it as such blindly. If you had bought a unit there at 1700psf to 1900psf, i can only say good luck to you. exploit of the rental potential as much as you can and cut down on ur losses.
    OK, but I need to be clear to you two things.

1st, you first mentioned like it cannot be happened for Soleil to reach 3000psf in 30years, maybe en-bloc times, and I said it could be possible thinking of other project like Lincoln suites price now and other economicl situation currently seen. I never said 3000psf near future like within 5years. So no need to talk about bank valuation things now.
    There are so many cases which house value increased more than 2 times for several decades, then why not for Soleil??

2ndly, I didn`t buy my Soleil unit with 1700-1900psf. I was there with the number 5th cue number which my agent brought for me on first day of its launching, and market price for my unit is already far exceeded than my purchased price, so there is no loss at all!

Come on, fool!

Soleil with 1700psf is real situation now.
    Your kampong HDB for 1M is your dream only!!

don`t show up your jealousy in this D11 forum.
    another display of stupidity. didn't i tell u earlier it has no cure?

record HDB transaction is already $950000. jealousy??! ouch, i'm dripping and oozing with sour and scorn now.

from someone that has vested interest in soleil and barking about 3000psf in 20-30 years time, why don't u say orchard road will hit 10000psf and sentosa hits 8000psf? well, if i go with the same logic, i.e. making baseless claims by gazing into the crystalball, i can jolly well say that HDB will cost $2m in the next 20 years.

a word of advice, stop tempting me to mock you. i'm trying very hard not to insult your intellect. by the way, it's getting fun to read your arguments, as murky as the oil spill in GoM.

another display of stupidity. didn't i tell u earlier it has no cure?

record HDB transaction is already $950000. jealousy??! ouch, i'm dripping and oozing with sour and scorn now.

from someone that has vested interest in soleil and barking about 3000psf in 20-30 years time, why don't u say orchard road will hit 10000psf and sentosa hits 8000psf? well, if i go with the same logic, i.e. making baseless claims by gazing into the crystalball, i can jolly well say that HDB will cost $2m in the next 20 years.

a word of advice, stop tempting me to mock you. i'm trying very hard not to insult your intellect. by the way, it's getting fun to read your arguments, as murky as the oil spill in GoM.
    You, yourself said HDB record high price is near 1m, Well said!!
    Then Ask your father whether 30years ago, your father could ever imagine hdb price would reach to 1M! Same logic.

Now do you know what is record high condo price in HK, mid-level or The Peak? That is HKD71,280PSF, which is more than SGD 12,700psf, and That`s already more than double of Orchard Residence price, which is 5600psf!!
    I am really wondering why you don`t expect Orchard never reach 10,000psf in 30year, it is because Singapore is always lagging behind the HK, or typical inferiority towards HK??!!
    You insult my intellect?? HaHa. But you already showed your ignorance, irrationality here to all of forumer.
    Last edited by trump7; 20-06-10 at 22:37.

You never read the news ar? The HK$71,280 psf price was a fluke - some internal "con job" probably and those purchases were not honoured. Henderson Land is now being investigated for those bogus deals - all 20 transactions were bogus. Don't anyhow quote bogus reference points to con people. In reality, Hong Kong The Peak prices are closer to $4k psf. Also in Hong Kong, anything above 1,000sq ft is considered "luxury" already - apartments are really small.

30 years ago singapore was a slum, and today, singapore is a first world country, which explains the manifold increase in property prices since kampong days. You are comparing with our property prices with HK, then you must also compare govt. With an MP so kia si like MBT and so afraid of people making noise, do you think you will ever see prices reaching $10000psf in Singapore and $3000psf for 99yr soleil? Before prices can reach to such an extent, i can tell you that PAP will get voted out in no time. also, looking at the micro-economics and the job situation in singapore, property prices are rising so much faster than wages are increasing, so how sustainable is the increase, even at this level? Many sold out projects are suburban projects that are sub 1k psf, so how do you use those as a yardstick. condos in orchard area like Espada and One Devonshire condos are selling well even though they are above 2k psf because they are freehold and in a much better location than soleil. Many other projects in the novena vacinity like Pavillion 11 were all launched at dirt cheap prices, so even for owners to sell at the price you paid for ur unit, they will be laughing their way to the bank. For your info, all the projects in Lincoln area are freehold and imo a much better location than sinaran rd. Enuf being said, i am not so black hearted to see people losing money, but i do hope you will be able to sell ur unit at a profit comfortable to you, but again the question is when?

You, yourself said HDB record high price is near 1m, Well said!!
    Then Ask your father whether 30years ago, your father could ever imagine hdb price would reach to 1M! Same logic.

30 years ago singapore was a slum, and today, singapore is a first world country, which explains the manifold increase in property prices since kampong days. You are comparing with our property prices with HK, then you must also compare govt. With an MP so kia si like MBT and so afraid of people making noise, do you think you will ever see prices reaching $10000psf in Singapore and $3000psf for 99yr soleil? Before prices can reach to such an extent, i can tell you that PAP will get voted out in no time. also, looking at the micro-economics and the job situation in singapore, property prices are rising so much faster than wages are increasing, so how sustainable is the increase, even at this level? Many sold out projects are suburban projects that are sub 1k psf, so how do you use those as a yardstick. condos in orchard area like Espada and One Devonshire condos are selling well even though they are above 2k psf because they are freehold and in a much better location than soleil. Many other projects in the novena vacinity like Pavillion 11 were all launched at dirt cheap prices, so even for owners to sell at the price you paid for ur unit, they will be laughing their way to the bank. For your info, all the projects in Lincoln area are freehold and imo a much better location than sinaran rd. Enuf being said, i am not so black hearted to see people losing money, but i do hope you will be able to sell ur unit at a profit comfortable to you, but again the question is when?
    well said

in HK ...developers can eliminate all the 4"s ..and sell 48th floor as 68th floor to stupid buyer at world record price ( of course now deal cancelled lah)

can this happen in spore ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    You never read the news ar? The HK$71,280 psf price was a fluke - some internal "con job" probably and those purchases were not honoured. Henderson Land is now being investigated for those bogus deals - all 20 transactions were bogus. Don't anyhow quote bogus reference points to con people. In reality, Hong Kong The Peak prices are closer to $4k psf. Also in Hong Kong, anything above 1,000sq ft is considered "luxury" already - apartments are really small.
    I was trying to compare record-high price between HK and Singapore, of course average resale price for orchard is also much lower.
    Although Handerson case is con case, it is no con that there is big difference comparing to record high price between HK and Singapoe.

I went to HK midlevel to buy Soho38 in 2008, but didn`t buy because it is too small and stuffy but expensive.