Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 38131823282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    If being able to rent out your soleil units is like winning the lottery (to be lucky), what does it say about the condo's appeal as a primary abode or rental property? while owners of CCR properties are still in denial, their properties have declined by at least 30% if more scientific methods are used to decipher the prices. basically there are no buyers, so that asking prices mean nothing. I guess it is a very good lesson to those that think property values can go up and never come down.

Properties in the west coast area have no problems being rented out at all.
    Important thing is tanant`s profile and Not whether can be rented out or not.
    Owner of soleil is selective and can wait until find the right tanant with better profile.

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    Most of Soleil unit had been launched at average price of 1450psf.
    Many of them got the unit around 1350psf in the early stage of launching time.
    Only some got the high floor unit at around 1700psf above.
    the issue is whether caveats for the two units at $1160 and $1175psf could be lodged for prices paid to the developers at the the launch several years ago. the answer is no regardless of whether the project was sold at $1700 psf on average or $1350psf at launch.

thus, unless there are special circumstances surrounding these two transactions, we have consider them normal and fair, reflecting the true value for this condo.

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    Important thing is tanant`s profile and Not whether can be rented out or not.
    Owner of soleil is selective and can wait until find the right tanant with better profile.
    true. but if you have to wait years to rent your units to the right persons, owning the condo is really a losing proposition, isn't it.

If an ugly woman has to wait years to get a right suitor, it says more about the woman that about the man, doesn't it.

condos in New york don't wait for years before being rented out, no matter how choosy the owners are.

true. but if you have to wait years to rent your units to the right persons, owning the condo is really a losing proposition, isn't it.

If an ugly woman has to wait years to get a right suitor, it says more about the woman that about the man, doesn't it.

condos in New york don't wait for years before being rented out, no matter how choosy the owners are.
    Didn`t you know that I found my right tanant at about 1 week for my soleil unit? You described it as a "Winning the lottery, right?

Now you want to describe as a "ugly woman"..then what next??

You are totally out of logic. just talk only. No need to example New york case.

Sorry man,, but really no time to entertain you.
    Whatever you want to say,,just go ahead,, and feel relieved yourself.

Not exactly. People buy properties for various reason: you may buy properties for collecting rent, others may do so for the reasons beyond your comprehension. No need to worry for those who are beyond your league
    In addition, what's the point of making an extreme example of waiting years before renting out, especially when Soleil was just TOP not long ago?

Are you sure? The apartment vacancy rate in Manhattan last year was at about 1%, so there are condos there left vacant. Do you think that among those vacant units some of them can be left vacant for a long time? By the way, don't think you are ever a landlord in NYC or SG so it may be wasting to argue with you on the rental market in SG

Aiyah if you have not already known... everyone has their own agenda. You can ignore you-know-who.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Property near MRT always have demand; may soften, but doubt they will dropped so jialat like other areas if there is really a downturn. Am sure, if dropped abit, there are investors waiting to snap up...; Novena and MRT, good area. United Square...- many families send their kids to tuition and enrichment classes there, also within 1KM to good schools...; in genreal sought after...area...

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    Are you sure? The apartment vacancy rate in Manhattan last year was at about 1%, so there are condos there left vacant. Do you think that among those vacant units some of them can be left vacant for a long time? By the way, don't think you are ever a landlord in NYC or SG so it may be wasting to argue with you on the rental market in SG
    I am tired of arguing with you people. If you want to call yourself a landlord, please don't sound so stupid. A 1% vacancy rate means full occupancy. A property cannot be occupied all the time. People move in and move out, and therefore leave a property temporarily unoccupied.

In prime areas in Singapore, the vacancy rate is way above 1%, probably in the neighborhood of 10%. just ask yourself how many units at Soleil are occupied, and how many units at rivergate are occupied. the numbers are staggering.

the issue is whether caveats for the two units at $1160 and $1175psf could be lodged for prices paid to the developers at the the launch several years ago. the answer is no regardless of whether the project was sold at $1700 psf on average or $1350psf at launch.

thus, unless there are special circumstances surrounding these two transactions, we have consider them normal and fair, reflecting the true value for this condo.
    Maybe you might want to try offering to buy a unit at $1200 psf and see if any seller bite?

I am tired of arguing with you people. If you want to call yourself a landlord, please don't sound so stupid. A 1% vacancy rate means full occupancy. A property cannot be occupied all the time. People move in and move out, and therefore leave a property temporarily unoccupied.

In prime areas in Singapore, the vacancy rate is way above 1%, probably in the neighborhood of 10%. just ask yourself how many units at Soleil are occupied, and how many units at rivergate are occupied. the numbers are staggering.
    I am just telling you that even at 1% vacancy rate, there are still apartments in Manhattan that cannot be rent out after being on the market for years, not to mention in New York. Don't be so stupid to make a statement like this:

I doubt you have ever own a property, or lived there for a good period of time to, deem yourself familiar with the property market of NYC or Manhattan. You can talk a lot based on the number, but in fact you don't know much about what's happening on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Maybe you might want to try offering to buy a unit at $1200 psf and see if any seller bite?
    I am looking to increase my holdings in this project. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall landscaping and facilities when I visited the project; so much so that I stayed there for 2 weeks as a vacation.

Looking to secure a 3 or 4 BR but the prices are fantastic now. I tried at 1450 psf for mid floor but still no owners willing to bite. Regarding occupancy, I guesstimate at 50-60% now. Most owners are not in a hurry to rent out, profiles of players in D9,10,11 tend to be slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    I am looking to increase my holdings in this project. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall landscaping and facilities when I visited the project; so much so that I stayed there for 2 weeks as a vacation.

Looking to secure a 3 or 4 BR but the prices are fantastic now. I tried at 1450 psf for mid floor but still no owners willing to bite. Regarding occupancy, I guesstimate at 50-60% now. Most owners are not in a hurry to rent out, profiles of players in D9,10,11 tend to be slightly different.
    Is it advisable to hold multiple units in this 99lh project?

definitely slightly different. they tend to be losers, reaping no gains for their properties while the rest of the country have seen their property values double.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    don't take that seriously. it is just bravado, pure and simple. He is probably eager to sell out, but has had no luck so far.

definitely slightly different. they tend to be losers, reaping no gains for their properties while the rest of the country have seen their property values double.
    I have a fren who bought a 1bedder unit over here for 1100psf. Offered 16xxpsf but decide to rent out for 3.5k

Looking at 1bedder caveats, it is indicating 2kpsf

I have a fren who bought a 1bedder unit over here for 1100psf. Offered 16xxpsf but decide to rent out for 3.5k

Looking at 1bedder caveats, it is indicating 2kpsf
    the most recent transaction is at 1100+psf. Your friend should have sold his or hers.

don't take that seriously. it is just bravado, pure and simple. He is probably eager to sell out, but has had no luck so far.
    I value your comment but i do not wish to speculate his true intention or motives since i had already ask for his opinion

the most recent transaction is at 1100+psf. Your friend should have sold his or hers.
    I am not sure about 1bedder lowering prices to 1100psf when punggol are selling for the same price.

My comments are obviously biased as I hold a unit here. I understand the arguments against holding a 99LH unit for long term, as well as those in favour of it.

My conclusion is to apply the various concepts to specific projects precisely and Soleil warrants me to hold more units. With this mentality, I hold multiple units in the Sail as well.

At the end of the day, its your own judgement. Study nearby projects like Strata etc for a more wholesome picture.

Thats very true. This is a forum after all with personal agenda. To each his own.

Ultimately, I am a still a CCR and RCR fan. I guess we play in different playgrounds then.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Based on what you said, owners of Orchard Residences & MarQ etc must have been biggest losers! Ops! Even losers are worth >100x more than you! That makes you ???

I beg to differ as my unit at icon(CCR) tripled in value and unit at Strata more than doubled since 2006. My friend's unit at TOR definitely doubled since 2009.

Amen.. Why dun the person who claim $1100+psf buy 2 units and sell to us at $1400psf... I offer $1401psf for 1-2 bedder.

My comments are obviously biased as I hold a unit here. I understand the arguments against holding a 99LH unit for long term, as well as those in favour of it.

My conclusion is to apply the various concepts to specific projects precisely and Soleil warrants me to hold more units. With this mentality, I hold multiple units in the Sail as well.

At the end of the day, its your own judgement. Study nearby projects like Strata etc for a more wholesome picture.
    It is no doubt an excellent piece of project in that area. However, it is the only 99lh project if i am not mistaken. Most projects in d1,2 are 99lh

Thanks for sharing

You have no clue what people beyond your league think
    people who cannot appreciate cars don't understand why rich people spending millions on RR and Bentley which depreciate hundreds of thousands a year.
    Same for those who don't appreciate watches wonder why a PP watch costs a few hundreds thousands yet does not run as accurate as a casio watch worth only 50 bucks
    Some people clip coupons from newspaper to save a few dollars on groceries, and call those who spend millions on art works fool as they cannot see the value in them

People who know little call those who acts different from them losers, only after they have the chance to see, they understand there is a great universe beyond their little world
    What you have said clearly demonstrates your caliber

You have no clue what people beyond your league think
    people who cannot appreciate cars don't understand why rich people spending millions on RR and Bentley which depreciate hundreds of thousands a year.
    Same for those who don't appreciate watches wonder why a PP watch costs a few hundreds thousands yet does not run as accurate as a casio watch worth only 50 bucks
    Some people clip coupons from newspaper to save a few dollars on groceries, and call those who spend millions on art works fool as they cannot see the value in them

People who know little call those who acts different from them losers, only after they have the chance to see, they understand there is a great universe beyond their little world
    What you have said clearly demonstrates your caliber
    you can bore us with these hackneyed lectures until cows come home. but the fact is the rest of the country has doubled but you guys are still dreaming about what your prime properties will bring you in 100 years.

haha, dream on while the rest of us laugh all the way to the bank. but you are right, I do despise people who drive bentleys and wear rolexes. not because I cannot afford them, but because I find it beneath me to show off my riches.

my son is like me. He is the smartest in his class, but he is embarrassed that he knows how to spell stalingrad while his classmates are still trying to spell "car."
    Last edited by stalingrad; 25-01-12 at 14:26.

you can bore us with these hackneyed lectures until cows come home. but the fact is the rest of the country has doubled but you guys are still dreaming about what your prime properties will bring you in 100 years.

haha, dream on while the rest of us laugh all the way to the bank. but you are right, I do despise people who drive bentleys and wear rolexes. not because I cannot afford them, but because I find it beneath me to show off my riches.

my son is like me. He is the smartest in his class, but he is embarrassed that he knows how to spell stalingrad while his classmates are still trying to spell "car."
    What a misery person who have so many things to despise
    do you despise those "sour grapes" people?
    You shall learn to appreciate things before despise them

It is interesting that your son can spell the 10-character "stalingrad" but not not the 3-character "car"? Anyway he doesn't need to be embarrassed about it. You shall spend more time to teach your son than talking non-sense on this forum

What a misery person who have so many things to despise
    do you despise those "sour grapes" people?
    You shall learn to appreciate things before despise them

It is interesting that your son can spell the 10-character "stalingrad" but not not the 3-character "car"? Anyway he doesn't need to be embarrassed about it. You shall spend more time to teach your son than talking non-sense on this forum
    I guess like many singaporeans, your english comprehension is as good as kids in english-speaking countries in grade 3.

I guess most people who speculated in Prime condos are like you, uncouth and uneducated. that is another reason why I am not like you.

I guess like many singaporeans, your english comprehension is as good as kids in english-speaking countries in grade 3.

I guess most people who speculated in Prime condos are like you, uncouth and uneducated. that is another reason why I am not like you.
    If you can write better than a grade 3, not just in terms of grammar but more importantly content, your comments will be more valuable

People by prime condos because they choose to
    Why did you buy your Carabella unit?

Don't be so negative. Despising others won't make you a better person but only more miserable.
    Carabella is not bad, but despising prime condos won't make it better
    You shall just cherish what you have, don't envy at those who are better off than you, and you will be happier, although that may only happen when you have an option to leave this island that you hate so much

If you can write better than a grade 3, not just in terms of grammar but more importantly content, your comments will be more valuable

People by prime condos because they choose to
    Why did you buy your Carabella unit?

Don't be so negative. Despising others won't make you a better person but only more miserable.
    Carabella is not bad, but despising prime condos won't make it better
    You shall just cherish what you have, don't envy at those who are better off than you, and you will be happier, although that may only happen when you have an option to leave this island that you hate so much
    read the prior posts, the ones that I put up before you came along, you would see that I was just raising a legit question about the two recent transactions where the prices are very low. I am not envious, neither was I looking for trouble.

look at yourself in the mirror before making accusations.