Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Err ... you may want to consider calling that agent after Christmas regarding your CCR/prime Soleil ... maybe next July, just like the old days back in July 2007?
    Let's give China some time to do its dragon fireball magic.

Let's give China hot money some time to reach our CCR/prime area.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters

Strong China trade, loan figures back recovery case
    Zhou Xin and Simon Rabinovitch
    Reuters
    Beijing, China
    Wednesday, 14 October 2009, 5.58pm CCT

A worker melts a structure of a billboard at a construction site in Hefei, Anhui province. - Photo: Reuters

China reported surprisingly strong trade figures on Wednesday, providing fresh evidence that the world's third-largest economy is firmly on the path to recoveryand that global demand is improvingtoo.

Exports in September fell 15.2% from a year earlier, beating forecasts of a 21% fall, while imports fell just 3.5% -- well short of expectations of a 15.3% decline, the General Administration of Customs said.

Brian Jackson, an economist at Royal Bank of Canada in Hong Kong, said the slower pace of decline was good news for China's recovery because growth this year has depended too much on the government's 4 trillion yuan ($585 billion) stimulus package.

Indeed, after adjustments to take account of the number of working days in each month, exports rose 6.3% in September from August and imports rose 8.3%, Customs said.

"Stronger external demand will provide an alternative source of support for growth and provide scope for Beijing to start tightening policy gradually from early 2010," Jackson said.

With imports showing strength, China's trade surplus fell to $12.9 billion last month from $15.7 billion in August. Markets had expected a figure of $17.0 billion.

Economists expect the year-on-year readings in exports to keep improving. Trade slumped after a shock to confidence from the collapse of investment bank Lehman Brothers in September 2008, creating an increasingly favorable statistical base of comparison as 2009 wears on.
    Nomura said it expected the year-on-year change in exports to turn positive by December, while Barclays Capital said it could be as early as November.

"Overall, export performance will be much better in the months to come. I think it's going to be sustainable and it's going to accelerate. There are some rush orders coming to China for Christmas, so I expect probably a pretty strong reboundin November and December," said Dong Tao, chief China economist for Credit Suisse in Hong Kong.

Demand At Home And Abroad

Yu Song and Helen Qiao at Goldman Sachs said calendar quirks -- there were more working days this September than last -- were not the only explanation for the relatively robust data.

"We believe the underlying growth momentum of exports and imports has been improving, on the back of continued strength in the domestic economy as well as the increasingly visible signs of recovery in external demand," they said in a note to clients.

Mingchun Sun with Nomura in Hong Kong agreed. He said China was busy buying more investment goods to implement the infrastructure-centered stimulus package, as well as consumer goods following an unexpected spending boom.

Commodities were a driving force behind the sharp improvement in imports. China bought a record 64.55 million tons of iron ore in September, up 30% from August; imports of copper rose 23%.

The China data helped fuel gains in domestic and global stock and in commodities. The Shanghai stock market halved its gains to end up 1.17%, a four-week closing high, while copper futures rose in Shanghai and London.

"The Chinese economy is obviously strong and that has created demand for copper," said David Moore, a commodity strategist at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Annual economic growth probably accelerated to 8.9% in the third quarter, from 7.9% in the second, according to economists polled by Reuters. The figures are due on October 22.

Strong Loans, Leap In Reserves

New loans, the lifeblood of any economy, rose a surprisingly strong 516.7 billion yuan ($75.7 billion) in September. Money supply also expanded faster than forecast, signaling that consumers and
    firms were spending and investing freely.

"Economic activity, especially in the corporate sector, has picked up, exports are recovering and bank loans to small and medium-sized enterprises are on the rise," said Zhao Qingming, an economist with China Construction Bank in Beijing.

Currency traders started building in expectations of renewed appreciation in the yuan.

China halted the currency's three-year climb against the dollar in July 2008 to protect the country's vast export sector.

But economists say that Beijing will eventually want to let the yuan resume its rise to boost domestic demand and so help rebalance both the Chinese and the global economies -- a key aim of the Group of 20 forum, where Beijing is an influential voice.

In a potent reminder of the scale of today's imbalances, China's central bank said its holdings of foreign exchange reserves, the world's largest stockpile, jumped $141 billion in the third quarter to $2.27 trillion.

The reserves have ballooned in recent years because the central bank buys most of the dollars flowing into China -- from the trade surplus, for example -- in order to hold down the yuan's exchange rate.

Let's give China some time to do its dragon fireball magic.

Let's give China hot money some time to reach our CCR/prime area.
    The China hot money has reached S$13,000 psf in Hong Kong. It is now aiming for S$20,000 psf.

Will Singapore CCR/prime be the next stop?
    Let's stay tuned to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Standard

Top of the Pile
    Alfred Liu
    The Standard
    Hong Kong
    Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Prices for luxury properties in Hong Kong are now firmly at a sky-high level, a fact confirmed yesterday as a developer slapped a price of more than HK$63,000 psf on a premium apartment in Mid-Levels.

That will make it the highest-priced penthouse in Asia - and it is not even on top of the building.

The top-of-the-pile tab was revealed as Henderson Land Development (0012) released the first price list for its residential project 39 Conduit Road yesterday. On it was the HK$357.7 million, 5,636-sq-ft duplex. That means a square- foot record of HK$63,473.

Another duplex, 5,131 sq ft and also on the 66th floor of the 88-story building, is listed at HK$311.4 million, or HK$60,696 psf.

In June last year, Sun Hung Kai Properties (0016) sold a 5,497-sq-ft penthouse at The Arch, atop Kowloon MTR Station for HK$41,100 psf - a record for Asia.

The pattern of soaring prices is setting off alarms as well as expressions of amazement.

Lui Hon-kwong, associate professor of marketing and international business at Lingnan University, warned of the danger of a price bubble in the property market, which is drawing huge inflows of cash from super-rich mainlanders.

"A price bubble is determined by the mainland government's policy direction," he said. "If it does not support people in investments, our property market will lose ground and prices will plunge."

Still, Eddie Hui Chi-man of Polytechnic University's department of building and real estate notes that the sale of expensive homes by Henderson is at the upper extremes of the property market and should not have a bearing on the mass market.

"Some super-rich people are chasing luxury homes like others collect paintings and wine because they are rare," Hui said.

"The property market is recovering ahead of the real economy, however, and people can afford mortgage payments."

Besides the two premium duplex homes, Henderson also set prices for 18 "regular" homes in the block - sized at 2,808 and 3,284 sq ft - from HK$73.4 million to HK$137.9 million. The developer's sales general manager, Thomas Lam Tat-man, said the company will set about securing sales as early as this afternoon.

Customers have shown interest in 20 to 30 apartments, Lam said. They are negotiating up to HK$70,000 psf for the most expensive unit.

The project has a total of 66 homes sized from 2,800 to about 7,600 sq ft, with two penthouses on the 88th floor still to be priced. Henderson has suggested it could be seeking a staggering HK$100,000 psf for the loftiest pair.

The firm intends to sell 40% of the homes this year, which would bring in about HK$4 billion. Lam predicts a 10% increase in prices for homes sold later.
    Midland Realty regional sales director Jimmy Lee said the prices asked by Henderson will not deter buyers. "Housing supply in Mid-Levels is very limited and investors have long been waiting for new units."

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Maybe it is time to call agent liaw...

No... I will wait until that condo at Serangoon Ave 3 launched. If a condo near foreign worker hostel selling around 1.2psf... Why can't Soleil selling above 2k!

Err ... you may want to consider calling that agent after Christmas regarding your CCR/prime Soleil ... maybe next July, just like the old days back in July 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    DO NOT SELL your property especially prime ones OR you shall regret by Christmas 2009.

I don't see why anyone should sell his properties, unless he is short of money?

Keeping money in the bank to count the number of zeros is not as good a pass time as inspecting properties.

And some more ... Obama can't print properties!

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

Keeping money in the bank to count the number of zeros is not as good a pass time as inspecting properties.

Selling doesn't mean you need money. Cashing out and leverage to get a better buy. Upgrade your portfolio.

Maybe sometime you have no choice?

When your super-rich cousin from above (i.e. the North) wants your properties, you gotta to give/sell it to him rite?

You gotta give him face - not slap his face. Agree?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    "... Imagine Cheung Keung start marketing Marina Bay Suites penthouses to those super rich from mainland China ... wah, so cheap at RMB 50,000 psf only ..."

"... this is a real case, hv encountered many mainland chinese in Sandy Island. They are not shock when i told them that the villas cost at least $15mil or $200psf up. the only comment is villa not big enough. they want something bigger! ..."

Don't worry, in a few month's time, I think they will want to grab anything big or small. Just follow on with them gently, but don't press them. These people do not like to feel pressured or hard selling. Keep the connection with them by talking about other topics rather the villas. Just my 2 cents. You know, last year before Sheldon raised the billions for LVS through private placement. He actually made a trip here to assure us that LVS is sound and well. He stopped short of boasting his connection with the elites as he does not want to appear arrogant. That is how important he view the Singapore project. That time, many thought he Kia-Si. But who expected his straight FLUSH a few days later?! I think this guy will be a true great marketer for Singapore after his baby is completed here. Who is more effective in convincing the elites about the Singapore story, through Sheldon's mouth directly or through our media ? I mean, you can scream in their ears how great Singapore is, they will not be moved unless they hear it from within their own circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Selling doesn't mean you need money. Cashing out and leverage to get a better buy. Upgrade your portfolio.
    "Cashing out" to "Upgrade" is different. You still stay invested in properties.

Maybe sometime you have no choice?

When your super-rich cousin from above (i.e. the North) wants your properties, you gotta to give/sell it to him rite?

You gotta give him face - not slap his face. Agree?
    Agree, but I'll do what Property_Owner did above - upgrade my portfolio.

I don't get it. Resales properties are not getting any offers from buyers.

So why shouldn't one sell if resale property get a decent offer.

Do you mean it is better to see paper value of property going up & not being able to sell versus cash in hand?

Quote Originally Posted by andy

Do you mean it is better to see paper value of property going up & not being able to sell versus cash in hand?
    Precisely. There is a saying, don't fall in love with your investments. If you like a property you are living in, fair enough. For others that are meant as investments, you have to be more objective. There are opportunity costs in hanging on to a property indefinitely. It's not as simple as choosing between putting your cash in property or in a savings account where the value of your cash gets eroded.

Of course it is better to see the paper value of property going up than cash in hand.

Cash is a fast depreciating asset and you cannot touch or feel it, unless you draw the money out in dollar notes and count them every day.

Whenever I hold lots of cash (like now) it is because I am preparing to make a move.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    It's not as simple as choosing between putting your cash in property or in a savings account where the value of your cash gets eroded.
    There is also the alternative of contributing to charitable causes like Richard Fuld's or Bernie Madoff's retirement fund.

Of course it is better to see the paper value of property going up than cash in hand.

Cash is a fast depreciating asset and you cannot touch or feel it, unless you draw the money out in dollar notes and count them every day.

Whenever I hold lots of cash (like now) it is because I am preparing to make a move.
    Good point. Sell if you have something else you want to buy

Alternatively, buy first if you want to sell to upgrade. But buy already cannot sell then how?

There is also the alternative of contributing to charitable causes like Richard Fuld's or Bernie Madoff's retirement fund.
    Nonsense! Lots of equity investments make money. If you want to take the example of failed investments, there are plenty including properties. You need to look no further than one big property investor unnamed here who is going to get burnt soon. Do a google search under "peter cooper village" if you want to find out more instead of sticking one's head in the sand.
    Last edited by lancelot; 16-10-09 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Nonsense! Lots of equity investments make money. If you want to take the example of failed investments, there are plenty including properties. You need to look no further than one big property investor unnamed here who is going to get burnt soon. Do a google search under "peter cooper village" if you want to find out more instead of sticking one's head in the sand.
    What the heck has peter cooper village got to do with whatever you are talking about? Anyone understand??? Kindly enlighten.

hmm...can we get back to the topic SOLEIL in this thread i.o. whatever else comes to mind ?

Purchased a lower floor one (slighly below 10) now at 1265 psf for 936 sqf size

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Care to share why you choose Soleil vs the like of e.g. Novena Suites, Strata, Thomson Euro-Asia, Viva, Park Infinia etc near-by?

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    hmm...can we get back to the topic SOLEIL in this thread i.o. whatever else comes to mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin, 11 July 2007
    Err ...
    Is it because it sits on a proper-sized land with full-condo facilities?
    Or is it because it is next to Novena MRT station?

I was looking at Viva at alternatiive, but the last remaining units 2 B on 27 - 29 Floor priced above 1800 psf, which seemed too expensive, even for FH, at least in my opinion.

Wanted something in good location (wchih Soleil has on top of MTR), with good facilities, which I think is relaitively easy to rent come TOP. Also feel that given current price and launching price, these is maybe some room for the price tomove upwards

I was looking at Viva at alternatiive, but the last remaining units 2 B on 27 - 29 Floor priced above 1800 psf, which seemed too expensive, even for FH, at least in my opinion.

Wanted something in good location (wchih Soleil has on top of MTR), with good facilities, which I think is relaitively easy to rent come TOP. Also feel that given current price and launching price, these is maybe some room for the price tomove upwards
    There is a very important advantage for VIVA. Deferred payment is available. If you have better alternative use of the funds meanwhile this option is excellent.

not long ago .. when all rushing to bye near MRT .. i mentioned about a condo in seng kang that sits on top of MRT station ..

i kana slam big time

now you buy one above mrt ..

lets see if you also kana slam

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    There is a very important advantage for VIVA. Deferred payment is available. If you have better alternative use of the funds meanwhile this option is excellent.
    I think Soleil has DPS during launch. I am not sure if it is still available from the developer.

I think Soleil has DPS during launch. I am not sure if it is still available from the developer.
    Normally, its only available to the direct buyer of the developer and its not transferable.

@ proud owner : sorry, i am not singaporean, so I dont know those expressions. I bought this as an investment only

@ moneyspinner .... yes, you are right. But even with 7% discount for Viva, for the remaining united the price was between 1760 - 1830 psf, and was actually raised by another 3 - 4% Monday. I prefer not to pay the absolute highest price for a condo, unless its really for my own use. Think Soleil is better bet , for same size at 30% cheaper, and probably with same monthly rental in the future

As fpr DPS, then one could also buy Interlace, with TOP only 2015

given the price differences, I agree with you that Soleil is the better buy. Given the current circumstances, I think this is the best you can get because Park Infinia sellers would be asking for a lot more.

Personally, I dislike Soleil because it is 99 year leasehold, right beside Tan Tock Seng and the land area is much smaller than Park Infinia even though it has a similar number of units. I agree with you that rental will be about the same though. So for investment purposes, I think you made a good decision.

The Interlace does not have DPS or IAS.

@ proud owner : sorry, i am not singaporean, so I dont know those expressions. I bought this as an investment only

@ moneyspinner .... yes, you are right. But even with 7% discount for Viva, for the remaining united the price was between 1760 - 1830 psf, and was actually raised by another 3 - 4% Monday. I prefer not to pay the absolute highest price for a condo, unless its really for my own use. Think Soleil is better bet , for same size at 30% cheaper, and probably with same monthly rental in the future

Hmm.. I think this is a good buy given that the launch price is much higher about 1500 or 1600 and also TPY and AMK have reached similar levels.

I agree that rental is probably about the same viva since it has sky terraces and gym.

You should thank some of the forumers who have adamantly sell down Soleil (e.g, near hospitals, further from newton)

Another parkway specialist hospital is coming up near Square2. Next to Soleil is another 18th story hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    given the price differences, I agree with you that Soleil is the better buy. Given the current circumstances, I think this is the best you can get because Park Infinia sellers would be asking for a lot more.

Personally, I dislike Soleil because it is 99 year leasehold, right beside Tan Tock Seng and the land area is much smaller than Park Infinia even though it has a similar number of units. I agree with you that rental will be about the same though. So for investment purposes, I think you made a good decision.

The Interlace does not have DPS or IAS.
    What is the land/unit size between Parc Infinia vs VIVA?

Lincoln Suites 59,986 sq ft/175 units = 343.
    Soleil 134,160sq ft/427 units = 314.
    Park Infinia 233,000/486 =479.
    VIVA 128,105/235 = 545

Although I do not advocate using such ratios strictly, I guess we can use it as a guide. Afterall each unit does own a part of the land area.

Note also that, as Lincoln Suites' land area is so small, a larger proportion of it goes to building the 2 blocks itself and that eats into the remaining land area. They are countering this with facilities 'in the sky' just as Ascentia Sky did.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    What is the land/unit size between Parc Infinia vs VIVA?

I think this is a very very good buy simply because it is next to (0m away from) Novena MRT. You mentioned MTR, I guess you probably understand that "location, location, location" is more important than if the property have only 50 years of lease.

F.Y.I., Soleil higher-floor units with unblocked City view (i.e. Marina South direction) are in the $1,700-$1,800 psf range. From URA records, I believe Soleil was launched with units ranging from $1,0xx psf to $1,8xx psf on day 1. Thusfar, the developer's pricelist has remained unchanged. The best way to get a good buy would be through resale, where the seller is selling near or at a loss.

As to why should the seller sell at a loss, that is a different subject altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    not long ago .. when all rushing to bye near MRT .. i mentioned about a condo in seng kang that sits on top of MRT station ..

i kana slam big time

now you buy one above mrt ..

lets see if you also kana slam
    Are you talking about Compass Heights?

Were you slammed for recommending it?
    If you are, you should be laughing now cos' you are having the last laugh.

Err ... I think you should pity those who are unaware of "location, location, location" or "MRT, MRT, MRT", or ..........
    They probably don't know what they are missing.

Lincoln Suites 59,986 sq ft/175 units = 343.
    Soleil 134,160sq ft/427 units = 314.
    Park Infinia 233,000/486 =479.
    VIVA 128,105/235 = 545

Although I do not advocate using such ratios strictly, I guess we can use it as a guide. Afterall each unit does own a part of the land area.

Note also that, as Lincoln Suites' land area is so small, a larger proportion of it goes to building the 2 blocks itself and that eats into the remaining land area. They are countering this with facilities 'in the sky' just as Ascentia Sky did.
    Very scientific method.
    Then how about Laguna Park @ 670000/528=1269.
    How come rushing to sell?

because the psf it is commanding is more than its aged psf without the en-bloc. Also proves the point that 99 year leaseholds lose value over time as the lease runs down if there is no en-bloc.

Very scientific method.
    Then how about Laguna Park @ 670000/528=1269.
    How come rushing to sell?

because the psf it is commanding is more than its aged psf without the en-bloc. Also proves the point that 99 year leaseholds lose value over time as the lease runs down if there is no en-bloc.
    Not true only for LH.
    FH @ The balmoral at 250,000/81= 3086

Nevertheless an interesting hypothesis

which freehold project is that for balmoral?

Not true only for LH.
    FH @ The balmoral at 250,000/81= 3086

Nevertheless an interesting hypothesis