Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still buying despite absd?

Default Anyone still buying despite absd?

just wondering if anyone is still buying residential despite the ridiculous absd? I have stopped looking at classified section on residential properties, focusing now on commercial. anyone doing the same?

IF Positive return, ABSD or not people still buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    just wondering if anyone is still buying residential despite the ridiculous absd? I have stopped looking at classified section on residential properties, focusing now on commercial. anyone doing the same?
    All bullets used. Sidelined for the moment. Need at least 150k or 200k to come back.

Last time buyer didnt buy because of absd now they regret didnt buy

Not buying but not selling too. Hold tight tight.

Bought, bullet used up. Not selling though.

still in the market. the district am looking at still have some good offers.

my final purchase then it curtain call for me

Bought on 11th hr before CM6. Not selling. No more additional bullets to handle additional....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    If you are asking a general question, then you just need to visit QBay.

They sold nearly half of the 600 units in the development!

Who are buying ? Haha! Dont tell you.

DKSG

one day must visit these showrooms to see what's the profile of the buyers. quite unimaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    If you are asking a general question, then you just need to visit QBay.

They sold nearly half of the 600 units in the development!

Who are buying ? Haha! Dont tell you.

DKSG
    I think the developer absorb the 7% ABSD anyway.. so if u are able to handle the LTV, I think should have people buy... But anyway the price already revised downward so CM7 is somehow effectively if u look at this..

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    one day must visit these showrooms to see what's the profile of the buyers. quite unimaginable.
    That is what I have been advocating for the past 18-24 months.
    In property investment, there is no use sitting behind keyboard trying to murder the alphabets with your Iron Fingers!

Go and view some units, be it new or resale. It is from these viewings that you form a view in relation to the market, not in terms of your fantasy.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    That is what I have been advocating for the past 18-24 months.
    In property investment, there is no use sitting behind keyboard trying to murder the alphabets with your Iron Fingers!

Go and view some units, be it new or resale. It is from these viewings that you form a view in relation to the market, not in terms of your fantasy.

DKSG
    i still drop by once a while after CM6. didn't think it was necessary after CM7. maybe still should jalan jalan.

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    I think the developer absorb the 7% ABSD anyway.. so if u are able to handle the LTV, I think should have people buy... But anyway the price already revised downward so CM7 is somehow effectively if u look at this..
    Developer has proven to the public that there are ALOT ALOT of people with ALOT ALOT of money to buy properties.

FEO has been very attuned to the CMs. With every CM, they managed to move so fast to prove that market is still there, that you dont feel the effect of CM within 3 months ... anyway, 3 months has been the record they offer rebate, after that they remove successful and people continue to buy.

For example, Waterfront (whatever), TST, etc....

Within 3 months, people will start to accept that ABSD is normal and a necessary cost (like the normal stamp duty). This was what happened to the 10% ABSD for foreigners, within 6 months, they are creeping back and buying, until it became a climax in Dec 2012.

DKSG

yes, there are still many interested to buy their first pc, but I think after this latest cm, ppl will have second thoughts about paying more than 10% extra into government's pocket. in fact the 3% extra for absd was nothing, now it is different. sometimes it is not about affordability but who wants to give $100k plus of free money to govt for a $1 million property, not to mention buying a landed as second or third pty.

here's an indication of the sidelined liquidity.

Best time to buy is now as u can get the best stack, best view, best floor u wanted. Last time 3% for 3rd property, Now Absd is 7% later raise to 15% people will flood showroom before cm8 again.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Best time to buy is now as u can get the best stack, best view, best floor u wanted. Last time 3% for 3rd property, Now Absd is 7% later raise to 15% people will flood showroom before cm8 again.
    Best time to buy is now as u can get the best stack, best view, best floor u wanted for first time buyer. Our big bro for once let them skip q

Smile

Have 3 properties. 2 was bought after cm5. Contented and also can't do anything since it is still with 4 years SSD.

Just bought second one days before cm7. Now looking for another one immediate/ this year TOP unit to move in..

The best period is probably to buy within the next few months for own stay, as the developers and agencies struggle to make sense of the impact, and dangle Chinese New Year freebies to attract buyers.

The sales of the Qbay is still very good despite the price and location. Using this as a benchmark, you can see the pent-up demand from first time buyers is very high.

With the new MRT annoucements and completion of major lines in 2025 (12 years from now), it makes sense to buy properties that TOP in 2017 near the future stations to enjoy the convenience and capital appreciation.

In another words, it is very difficult to wait for the market to crash then buy, unless the interest rate moves up. But the instalment will be about the same then.

Default Population growth to benefit construction, transport: DBS

Population growth to benefit construction, transport: DBS
    Published January 18, 2013

SINGAPORE - DBS Vickers expects an upcoming white paper on Singapore's population to raise its population target to 7 million from 6.5 million, which will benefit construction, land transport, property and healthcare companies.
    Singapore's infrastructure is taking the brunt of an expanding population and demand for additional investment in train lines and road expansions will benefit construction firms such as crane operator Tat Hong Holdings and Sin Heng.

"We expect to see a step-up in infrastructure spending to cater to a larger population following comments from the government that population growth has outpaced infrastructure capacities in recent years," said DBS.

Singapore said on Thursday it plans to double its rail network to 360 kilometres by 2030, which is expected to boost ridership to 13.8 million rides a day, benefitting transport operators such as ComfortDelGro Corp Ltd.
    DBS raised ComfortDelGro's target price to S$2.05 and kept its 'buy' rating, citing population growth and improving public transport network.

Another major transport operator, SMRT Corp Ltd, on which DBS has a 'fully valued' rating and a target price of S$1.50, however, will face near-term challenges from higher operating costs.

The larger population will mean a greater need for homes, DBS said, estimating demand to rise 31 percent. The brokerage is positive on property developers such as Capitaland for its diversified portfolio and Wing Tai Holdings Ltd for its larger exposure to residential projects.

DBS also noted that falling birth rates and ageing population will be a focus for the government, and healthcare providers such as Raffles Medical and IHH Healthcare will benefit in the long run.

Stem cord blood bank provider Cordlife Group is also likely to benefit from potential incentives to boost birth rates. -- REUTERS

Hard to see how property can crash with this kind of population projection. We should be hitting 6 mil around 2019 (15% increase from 2012), and 7 mil around 2026 (32% increase from 2012), assuming a very modest 2% growth rate.

Can our infrastructure and society take this population density and influx of foreigners? I don't think so - congestion and inflation will follow sharply, and social tension and crime rates will rise. 6 mil (6 years from now) is the critical point.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/brea...t-dbs-20130118 (for the article above)
    Last edited by hyenergix; 19-01-13 at 07:23.

Talking

Woh Pian oh! With 7 big rocks tied over the neck still cannot drown you guys. Still want to struggle to get to touch the concrete trophy. You want KBW to give you a final blow to your head is it?

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    Woh Pian oh! With 7 big rocks tied over the neck still cannot drown you guys. Still want to struggle to get to touch the concrete trophy. You want KBW to give you a final blow to your head is it?
    With 7 tough cooling measures and property remains hot, the underlying issue is actually expected demand and inflation within the next few years. This boom is driven by fear and actual realisation of the fear later. More cooling measures will result in more pent-up demand and frustration.

7 million? Wow. I am expecting CM until #10.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Massive supply of PC building up.

Influx of immigrants all depends on the state of the economy. We need to create jobs for foreigners to come.

Good news is USA and China seems to be recovering.

Government is creating opportunities for 1st time buyers and Real HDB upgraders (ie sell HDB after upgrade to condo). If this group of people still cannot seize the opportunities, then I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    It is what I call the Perfect Storm ... next crash will be spectacular, the question is WHEN and at what price
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I tot our PM said 6 mil.... then now DBS say 7mil ?