Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bartley Ridge @ Mount Vernon (D19, 99yrs LH, by Hong Leong, CDL & TID)

Quote Originally Posted by chngz
    My agent told me they increase price +1% already, not sure how true
    Sure or not? One day sale only and then price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    Where's the mermaid?

Told him/her to buy Liao...
    Need to buy ... Will buy ...

Stack 10 my fav ... Almost all gone

Brisk sales at Bartley Ridge on launch day
    200 units snapped up as developers offer 15% discount that offsets ABSD
    Mar 23, 2013
    By Rachel Scully

The Bartley Ridge condominium being built near the upcoming new Bidadari township development proved popular with buyers on launch day yesterday.
    The Straits Times understands that more than 200 units were sold by 4pm.
    About 900 people turned up with their agents at 11am to enter a ballot for flats at the 99-year leasehold project between Serangoon and Paya Lebar.
    Developers Hong Leong Holdings, City Developments and TID released 300 units under phase one.
    The project will have 868 units in all.
    They offered an early bird discount of 15 per cent, which will offset the additional buyer's stamp duty (ABSD).
    The smallest one-bedder at 441 sq ft is priced from $580,000 while the largest dual-key four- bedroom unit costs $1.97 million for 2,120 sq ft.
    Average per square foot (psf) prices for the different unit types range from $930 to $1,350.
    First-time buyers Shien Ang and wife Sharon Mok, who both work in the banking industry, bought a four-bedroom unit at $1.6 million.
    Mr Ang, 34, said: "The location is pretty central and there are good schools nearby.
    "I'm hoping to send my son to St Andrew's, which is where I studied, and it'll be convenient for him to travel there."
    The father of an 18-month-old son noted that the pricing was more affordable than other condos like Sennett Residences in Potong Pasir.
    Ms Mok added: "Our incomes did not qualify us for an HDB flat or executive condo.
    "With a bigger unit, our parents can move in with us in future," said the 35-year-old.
    The couple have been living with Mr Ang's mother in a semi-detached house in Sembawang.
    Fellow buyers Bob Tang, 41, and his wife Annie Ooi bought a one-bedder at $600,000.
    This is their second investment property after buying a three-bedroom unit at Bartley Residences, another condo by the same developers across the road.
    "I like this place because the pricing is reasonable for a property so close to the MRT," he said.
    The couple paid about $1,350 psf for their unit.
    They live in Marine Parade and are keen on investing in city- fringe properties.
    Nearby Bidadari, the site of an old cemetery, will be developed into a residential area for 40,000 people with more than 12,000 high-rise homes.
    The Bartley Ridge condo is a two-minute walk from Bartley MRT station on the Circle Line.
    "The nearby Pan-Island Expressway, Central Expressway and Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway also allow for easy accessibility to the city," said Ms Betsy Chng, head of sales and marketing at Hong Leong Holdings.
    The expected temporary occupation permit date is 2018.

Hello future Bartley Ridge neighbours!

Mr Ang should have bought Nin as he is sending his son to St Andrew school. He would have paid $200psf lesser and his son can just walk to school. But this is still a good buy but with different potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Brisk sales at Bartley Ridge on launch day
    200 units snapped up as developers offer 15% discount that offsets ABSD
    Mar 23, 2013
    By Rachel Scully

The Bartley Ridge condominium being built near the upcoming new Bidadari township development proved popular with buyers on launch day yesterday.
    The Straits Times understands that more than 200 units were sold by 4pm.
    About 900 people turned up with their agents at 11am to enter a ballot for flats at the 99-year leasehold project between Serangoon and Paya Lebar.
    Developers Hong Leong Holdings, City Developments and TID released 300 units under phase one.
    The project will have 868 units in all.
    They offered an early bird discount of 15 per cent, which will offset the additional buyer's stamp duty (ABSD).
    The smallest one-bedder at 441 sq ft is priced from $580,000 while the largest dual-key four- bedroom unit costs $1.97 million for 2,120 sq ft.
    Average per square foot (psf) prices for the different unit types range from $930 to $1,350.
    First-time buyers Shien Ang and wife Sharon Mok, who both work in the banking industry, bought a four-bedroom unit at $1.6 million.
    Mr Ang, 34, said: "The location is pretty central and there are good schools nearby.
    "I'm hoping to send my son to St Andrew's, which is where I studied, and it'll be convenient for him to travel there."
    The father of an 18-month-old son noted that the pricing was more affordable than other condos like Sennett Residences in Potong Pasir.
    Ms Mok added: "Our incomes did not qualify us for an HDB flat or executive condo.
    "With a bigger unit, our parents can move in with us in future," said the 35-year-old.
    The couple have been living with Mr Ang's mother in a semi-detached house in Sembawang.
    Fellow buyers Bob Tang, 41, and his wife Annie Ooi bought a one-bedder at $600,000.
    This is their second investment property after buying a three-bedroom unit at Bartley Residences, another condo by the same developers across the road.
    "I like this place because the pricing is reasonable for a property so close to the MRT," he said.
    They live in Marine Parade and are keen on investing in city- fringe properties.
    Nearby Bidadari, the site of an old cemetery, will be developed into a residential area for 40,000 people with more than 12,000 high-rise homes.
    The Bartley Ridge condo is a two-minute walk from Bartley MRT station on the Circle Line.
    "The nearby Pan-Island Expressway, Central Expressway and Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway also allow for easy accessibility to the city," said Ms Betsy Chng, head of sales and marketing at Hong Leong Holdings.
    The expected temporary occupation permit date is 2018.

I bought a 1brm at stack 40. PP is $604,800.

Works out to be $1306 psf.

PSF alone, it's a premium.

But considering what Trilinq, Urban Vista, Sennett and Hillion are offering, I think its a bargain.

Accessiblity wise and future potential, I think it's a safe investment

By the way, I'm in mortgage and just a word of advice: Please do confirm your bank loans by month end.

Quote Originally Posted by derekong

But considering what Trilinq, Urban Vista, Sennett and Hillion are offering, I think its a bargain.

By the way, I'm in mortgage and just a word of advice: Please do confirm your bank loans by month end.
    Congrats!
    My friend pulled out last min! If I have more bullets, will grab a 2br.

Wow !!! Power ah ... Bought both b residences and b ridge .... Also currently staying in marine p ....

Welcome to the neighborhood

Cm 8 ???????

Hello neighbor, pretty cheap psf for a 1 bedder.. Considering I bought 1227 psf for a 3 bedder.. Congrats

What was the price for a 2 bedder?

1306psf$ should get a decent rental yield ... Stack 40 nearest to main road and to bus stop and mrt stn too

Quote Originally Posted by ascend88
    Cm 8 ???????

Let me put it this way:

If you want an investment to stay safe, then you must cover all possible hurdles.

No one wants to make a panic decison. Right?

Compare all the bank packages and also their features, and choose one that you feel is best tailored to your needs.

1306psf$ should get a decent rental yield ... Stack 40 nearest to main road and to bus stop and mrt stn too
    Thats wat i thought too....

To counter the road-facing and potential noise, I chose a low floor... it helps when the price is lowered too

By the time BR TOP, Paya Lebar commercial hub should have taken shape, as well as Bidadari plans being finalized.

The only problem is that the rental market in this area is untested... Crossing fingers now!

The excitement of this is fantastic!

More and more people are ignoring the 7-10% ABSD and continue to buy !

Good Luck all !

DKSG

anybody at showflat today? Report in!
    Send photo of the units/ stacks ..

I heard some say top is 2016. So fast? Or is it 2018 as advertise? If its 2018, 5 yrs seems a long wait.

Thats wat i thought too....

To counter the road-facing and potential noise, I chose a low floor... it helps when the price is lowered too

By the time BR TOP, Paya Lebar commercial hub should have taken shape, as well as Bidadari plans being finalized.

The only problem is that the rental market in this area is untested... Crossing fingers now!
    For rental ... Of course go for the highest rental yield units

Quote Originally Posted by juayster
    I heard some say top is 2016. So fast? Or is it 2018 as advertise? If its 2018, 5 yrs seems a long wait.
    B resid is estimated end of 2015 ... So b rigde 2016 end maybe ... Maybe

@derekong ... u pay ABSD?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    @derekong ... u pay ABSD?

Hi Phantom_opera,

Nope, i'm a first-timer myself.

But since I cant purchase a HDB yet, thus decided to go for this pty first.

Buying this for the option of either own stay or for investment.

For rental ... Of course go for the highest rental yield units

Totally agree........

Hi Phantom_opera,

Wow power brother .. 1st property is private

Hi Phantom_opera,

Congrats! Am in a similar situation as you as a first time buyer thus got a 2 bedder at Sennett Residence

Quote Originally Posted by RaZr
    Congrats! Am in a similar situation as you as a first time buyer thus got a 2 bedder at Sennett Residence
    Congrats RaZr!

Once TOP, Sennett will the iconic condo in Potong Pasir...

Enjoy the stay eh!

By the way, shouldnt this thread be under D13?

Heard sold another 20 units today...

B resid is estimated end of 2015 ... So b rigde 2016 end maybe ... Maybe
    no i beg to diff cos now garment have already tighten the FT number

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    Heard sold another 20 units today...
    so little?