Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Many property owners are desperate...

Don't have to wait for 3 months, just observe how many buyers (bought before announcement) not exercising their options in the next few weeks.

The real desperate people will be the agents. we all agree that volume will take a severe hit. Will desperate agents off-load their properties?

I do read this forum almost everyday and I find most of the forummers helpful and kind.

There are always 2 sides of the coin (or views in this aspect) so take the views and comments with a pinch of salt If one has a crystal ball he wont be here already...

I am vested but I am also ok if prices do drop. Isnt this what the eco-system is all about? Who wants to sell if the graph is a straight line up?
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    I do read this forum almost everyday and I find most of the forummers helpful and kind.

There are always 2 sides of the coin (or views in this aspect) so take the views and comments with a pinch of salt If one has a crystal ball he wont be here already...

I am vested but I am also ok if prices do drop. Isnt this what the eco-system is all about? Who wants to sell if the graph is a straight line up?
    Absolutely!

I like what you said: "Who wants to sell if the graph is a straight line up?".

Default to blackjack21, or the third eye

to blackjack21, or the third eye, bro, a lot of your post is on macro economy, or singing the virtue of Singapore. The conclusion I draw from your post is: you are doubtless a true Singaporean proud of Singapore, same as many of my friends from many other cities of other countries who think of their cities as the best in the world and look down upon Singapore as a smallish, non-competitive and volatile. I don't usually argue with them or defend Singapore, as I know everyone loves his own countries/cities. The point I want to make is, your posts don't seem too relevant.

btw, I hear a lot of similar says from agents, almost identical to what you said, for a few years already. Sorry, no offense, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Absolutely!

well, you are very bias. I wrote tons and you never praise me. this guy wrote like less than 1 paragraph and you praised him

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    to blackjack21, or the third eye, bro, a lot of your post is on macro economy, or singing the virtue of Singapore. The conclusion I draw from your post is: you are doubtless a true Singaporean proud of Singapore, same as many of my friends from many other cities of other countries who think of their cities as the best in the world and look down upon Singapore as a smallish, non-competitive and volatile. I don't usually argue with them or defend Singapore, as I know everyone loves his own countries/cities. The point I want to make is, your posts don't seem too relevant.

btw, I hear a lot of similar says from agents, almost identical to what you said, for a few years already. Sorry, no offense, just an observation.
    Thanks bro ! You praise me like that I very happy leh. I not offended la. This is what a forum is for, dun you think? To advance our knowledge through various viewpoints

as for the agents, of course you hear what I wrote. they are trained by me mah.WOAHHAHAHAHHAHHEHEHH

May not be straight line anymore after CM7. History may not repeat itself. Complacency is the biggest enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Absolutely!

:-) sorry i couldn't reply all your posts as you posted too fast, i have to attend to my other jobs. btw, i'm not new here as your other post said, i have been reading this forum for years.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Thanks bro ! You praise me like that I very happy leh. I not offended la. This is what a forum is for, dun you think? To advance our knowledge through various viewpoints

as for the agents, of course you hear what I wrote. they are trained by me mah.WOAHHAHAHAHHAHHEHEHH

Having been a long time silent observer of this forum,...

I went to see quite a few resale units, and the sentiment I felt is the same everywhere, that is, there are not many sellers, but, there are almost NO buyers.
    1. Why you need to be a silent observer for so so long.. right from CM 1 till CM 6.. then finally after CM7 come out & talk

2. You have noticed not many sellers yet you are saying now sellers are desperate

And you reminds me of one person called TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B

lol, no conspiracy theory, please :-). I already answered your questions in the first page of this thread, the third post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    1. Why you need to be a silent observer for so so long.. right from CM 1 till CM 6.. then finally after CM7 come out & talk

2. You have noticed not many sellers yet you are saying now sellers are desperate

And you reminds me of one person called TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B

Should we propose to MND to implement capital gain tax and hike in rental imcome tax, since so much hot money coming to singapore? If successfully implemented, our government make tons of money, simultaneously cooling the market , as well as postpone any GST hikes. In the long run, everyone benefits from those exploiting the loopholes

lol, no conspiracy theory, please :-). I already answered your questions in the first page of this thread, the third post.
    I saw that.. It was a "quick twist & turn" from the 1st post.. well done

May not be straight line anymore after CM7. History may not repeat itself. Complacency is the biggest enemy.
    bro economist,

i think you are considering the viewpoint only from the perspective of a property buyer / investor.

have you ever considered what could be the viewpoint of the singapore government? Maybe one needs to expand their horizon, which government in the world (in their right mind) would want to dampen its own market for the sake of ruin? Ok unless their bureaucracy is corrupted.. bad.. only care for their own gain. Do you see that the Singapore government is as such?

PAP / Singapore has been building up a brand ever since it became independent from colonial and Malaya rule.. With meticulous, dedicated planning, and great foresight they have build up the brand to be what it is today.

Perhaps if you see beyond direct effect of the cooling measures on the borderline buyers, do you think that the government has run out of ideas to further support the local property market?

check out the sunday times on 20th January 2013.. about that Sri Lankan business owner -> is he looking for property to buy in Singapore now? even with CM7? one can only wonder why..

PS: I want to thank sifu Blackjack21 for his great contribution.. wan sui wan sui!

Quote Originally Posted by pentium
    Should we propose to MND to implement capital gain tax and hike in rental imcome tax, since so much hot money coming to singapore? If successfully implemented, our government make tons of money, simultaneously cooling the market , as well as postpone any GST hikes. In the long run, everyone benefits from those exploiting the loopholes
    Do u know what is seller stamp duty?

CM7 does have a negative impact on CCR properties and the price gap between CCR and OCR will narrow even further. Almost all CMs affects properties as an investment more than ordinary home upgraders.

That's right, the 7% and 10% has really turned off many of the potential buyers.

I didn't mean owners are desperately selling, I meant some of them are desperately posting here to defend their rhetoric theory, I did't actually want to post until I saw a thread today which almost made me laugh. Yes, sellers will not panic sell, supply will actually be reduced, what matters is that demand will be reduced much more than that!! As a result, more likely than not, residential prices will drop.
    Your explanation that the price will drop.. really "made me laugh" till I cannot tahan

well, you are very bias. I wrote tons and you never praise me. this guy wrote like less than 1 paragraph and you praised him
    I've also been reading your nice posts though never say anything.
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    This one no gains also kena taxed! albeit for 4 yrs

well, BJ21T wants u to write something good, big and red red on him lah!

do something, and make him happy

Capital gains tax is different from seller stamp duties. Its an additional taxation for profits made , selling stamp duties is fixed amt whether you made or lose money. When combine, its very powderful measures to curb speculations

So you are another "silent observer"??

well, BJ21T wants u to write something good, big and red red on him lah!

do something, and make him happy
    Hmmm... must call mcmlixxiv or carbuncle!

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    So you are another "silent observer"??
    Today i quite `talkative'... 5 posts in 1 morning. A record!

thanks bro, u r a true bro indeed like many brothers and sisters here

The last round ABSD had this effect on foreigner:
    "foreigners who were not Singapore PRs accounted for just 6.2 per cent of the 23,312 caveats lodged for private homes excluding executive condos in the first nine months (2012) - down from their 17.5 per cent share in full-year 2011."

So why are we still talking about foreigners flocking into Singapore? There was perhaps a little increase of the percentage in 4Q2012, but with the new ABSD, the percentage of foreign buyers is going to stay low for a considerable amount of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    bro economist,

check out the sunday times on 20th January 2013.. about that Sri Lankan business owner -> is he looking for property to buy in Singapore now? even with CM7? one can only wonder why..

PS: I want to thank sifu Blackjack21 for his great contribution.. wan sui wan sui!

Well, the situation of the middle class in Singapore is also a bit different than other advanced economies. I do not know to call it a blessing or was it an unintentional policy which in actual fact protected us all from any external shocks.

You see, in overseas economies, the jobs are provided by domestic companies. But here in Singapore, we have globalised companies which pledge no allegience to any government. They are concerned only with efficiency and professionalism of a workforce. And because of our kiasu educational system, our middle class are mostly professional managers who lies above the retenchment axe in the event of any external shocks.

Unlike in USA, where you have this same group of middle class deeply rooted in self run small/home businesses. That is the spirit they have, but unfortunately works no magic in our current crisis as their income is directly affected by their domestic economy. Our middle class is different, they lies just above the axe and that explains why in the past 2 financial crisis, we managed to tide over steadily and engraved a great track record for us. This track record signals we are going to tide over many times. This is not my view, but the views of many CEOs of globalised MNCs.

Because of all the previous USA QEs added together, the global banks are now hoarding massive cash reserves. However, these banks cannot simply park their cash for too long, they must make their cash works. And how to make the cash work is through giving loans.

Unfortunately, they are only lending to low risks individuals or big businesses for expansion and not high risk entities. They will only lend to MNCs, well known brand names, and Singaporean. Yes, you heard it right, Singaporean !

the US has 3 past records of resetting her debt. in the 1930 there is no hyperinflation during the great depression because US dollar was not a fiat currency. after 1950 all that changed and now every currency is a fiat currency. is this ur fear? Thread Starter ? u feared what keynesia said abt his monetary policy before he died that " we will all be dead by then" is this ur fear? tell me brother.

isit u fear about the fake boom coming after the US election? is it ? that US will start to re absorb all her currency back and therefore creating another interest rate hike to 23% like during Regean's time? is this ur fear?

tell me ur fear, my third eye will enlighten u, brother

the time will come. the key is the signal. and my fourth eye knows when. tell me ur fear leh

isit, brother economist, u worried abt the effects of qe which is hyperinflation? ur fear is not unfounded, we are all in that red alert zone now, this is the effect of qe we are experiencing. isit something u know that is better than my fourth eye, brother? tell me n i will enlighten u.

isit u believe they can know better than me, who is from the Darkside?

wohahahhahahhahahahhhhhhehhehehehehehhe
    I have to disagree with you. While it is true that we have a disipliine work force, the banks n the financial industry has very few singaporean work force.

but that's good in a way because it boost rental returns no?

not really because now even the FT finds buying cheaper then renting.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pentium
    Capital gains tax is different from seller stamp duties. Its an additional taxation for profits made , selling stamp duties is fixed amt whether you made or lose money. When combine, its very powderful measures to curb speculations
    combination of both, won't not only curb speculation.
    It will crash the mkt also. haha
    don;t think they want that to happen
    As it stands now, think short term investor are out of this game

"foreigners who were not Singapore PRs accounted for just 6.2 per cent of the 23,312 caveats lodged for private homes excluding executive condos in the first nine months (2012) - down from their 17.5 per cent share in full-year 2011."

So why are we still talking about foreigners flocking into Singapore? There was perhaps a little increase of the percentage in 4Q2012, but with the new ABSD, the percentage of foreign buyers is going to stay low for a considerable amount of time...
    bro.. u are still missing the point here. try to forget about the CM and all the negativity for a while.. and consider.

Mentor BJ21 already explain that the next world superweapon is not the nuclear bomb, or some new chemical weapon. it is BRAINPOWER and TALENT!

Now.. do you think our government has been doing a pretty good job with the local singaporeans in that aspect? Now for the next part.. our government has yet to unleash their efforts in bringing in top talents into singapore.. that will come, or already happening in the background.. why do you think this Sri Lankan guy is now staying in SG, renting top floor at D1 currently.. and wanting to buy SG property in the near future? A few have come before him.. gong li, jet li, eduardo saverin, jim rogers..

have faith

Cool

this cm7 can at least give SG first timer and upgrader a window to buy
    their first prop.
    otherwise with the high prices , no way can they buy.
    I just hope the mkt will not collapse with this cm, sign

What super weapon.. All war is won with money.. Since thousand years ago, chinese already know that...三军未动,粮草先行.