Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Many property owners are desperate...

i notice alot of newly registered users in this post. all jan 2013. all dual or triple personalities?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    I think TS is a newbie to the cyber world. I have been in the Internet property forums since like 2006. WOAAHAHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEH

he has been a silent reader ....for a long time ... according to him/her.

but has decided to join in this month

welcome welcome welkommen

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    What super weapon.. All war is won with money.. Since thousand years ago, chinese already know that...三军未动,粮草先行.
    yes and that is also why, we must all trust the gahmen.. how can they build this small little red dot with nothing, and turn it into the modern city today with no consideration whatsoever for the big $$$$$$$$$$?????

more than you or me, more than property investors.. the gahmen is the one raking in all the big $$$$ thats why.. try to think macro and appreciate the value of the singapore brand.

taught to all the forummers here by mentor BJ21 - cheers!

well, you are very bias. I wrote tons and you never praise me. this guy wrote like less than 1 paragraph and you praised him

hahahhahhahhahahhah

bro BJ21T

you are really funny

i think i would like you very much if you are a personal friend

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp
    this cm7 can at least give SG first timer and upgrader a window to buy
    their first prop.
    otherwise with the high prices , no way can they buy.
    I just hope the mkt will not collapse with this cm, sign
    i agree

this CM7 basically tie up the hands and legs of those who already have 2 or more props and have some $ to buy another

this CM7 is to give first timer a window to buy ...and stop complaining ...

once the gate is opened to achieve 7 mio population ...this window will close .. cos these new comers will buy up more than there is available ..

so first timer ..better take this opportunity to buy from desperate developers who are giving discounts and from weak prop owners who arent too ambitious in their selling price...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    i notice alot of newly registered users in this post. all jan 2013. all dual or triple personalities?
    i waiting for radha09 radha10...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

this cm7 can at least give SG first timer and upgrader a window to buy
    their first prop.
    otherwise with the high prices , no way can they buy.
    I just hope the mkt will not collapse with this cm, sign
    Exactly, this is a very small window of opportunity to buy. With 5% inflation after a year govt might accept 5% rise as natural rise.
    But as always many people will miss this boat too thinking they can get price at 7% Less.
    There are plenty of PRs and foreigners looking to buy as soon as CM are lifted they will come back.
    Missed the boat will stay missed the boat cause they can't except the fact that all govt want is to stablize market. By a years time current process would be considered as reasonable by govt too.

well, you are very bias. I wrote tons and you never praise me. this guy wrote like less than 1 paragraph and you praised him
    i like ur post bro super long winded but funny... ...nil sine labore
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i agree

this CM7 basically tie up the hands and legs of those who already have 2 or more props and have some $ to buy another

this CM7 is to give first timer a window to buy ...and stop complaining ...

once the gate is opened to achieve 7 mio population ...this window will close .. cos these new comers will buy up more than there is available ..

so first timer ..better take this opportunity to buy from desperate developers who are giving discounts and from weak prop owners who arent too ambitious in their selling price...
    Hi, what's yr take on this window?
    3-6 mths, 20% drop in price?
    CM8 or stabilise.
    My take is 20% before buyers start biting again
    I doubt they will remove the CM

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    Having been a long time silent observer of this forum, I have seen a clear difference of CM7: that is, this time, many forummers here (property owners with vested interest) are desperately defending that property prices will continue chiong or remain stabilized, reasons quoted include, why would sellers sell, who will sell, further reduction of supply, abundant liquidity, low interest rate, why would this CM be different from previous ones, buyers rushed in at 11th hour before CM7, population and so on... -- all the common rhetoric that keep repeated over and over, until I feel that I must say something.

First, it is quite a clear sign that some owners are desperately defending the property prices, this is an indication that CM7 has hit their nerves, and therefore, you would see one owner posting some reasons supporting his theory, the other owner would quickly post a supporting note and so on. I didn't see much of this in previous CMs.

Second, CM7 is going to reduce demand to a larger extend than the reduction of supply, due mainly to the stupid ABSDs. I know many potential buyers who firmly decided not to buy. Lots of genuine demand have already been absorbed in the past years, coupled with the further reduction of demand which is much more than the reduction of supply, we are going to see the market titled to buyer side. Foreigners maybe rich, but they are calculative as well, and remember they account for just minority of the demand.

I went to see quite a few resale units, and the sentiment I felt is the same everywhere, that is, there are not many sellers, but, there are almost NO buyers.
    Also you failed to mention why owners are desperate?
    Cause interest rate are so low?
    Cause rental is still strong?
    Cause govt making more mrt?
    Cause govt release population figures of 7m?

Without any backing and few properties you know of, you are sounding like mr B doomsday man.
    Would we nice to hear from you what situation owner was in, that you concluded them desperate?

CM8 or stabilise.
    With 80% ownership ? Go and ask how many People want prices to drop by 20%.
    You think govt is stupid or trying to lose next election?
    My take is +/- 5-10% before govt start removing or adding CMs.

CM8 or stabilise.

3-6 mths mkt will stagnate ...to slight down ...max 15 %

if u do see a 15 0r 20 % discount ...it may not mean mkt is falling... simply developer is taking less profit ...

if u are first timer or upgrader ...this is a good time to go shopping

i have this funny thought suddenly ..

if one walks into a showroom today and sign in with a HDB address ... one may be treated like King ...

while another who sign in with a condo address ...hhhmmm agent may think you are coming in just to check around and have no intention to buy

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    With 80% ownership ? Go and ask how many People want prices to drop by 20%.
    You think govt is stupid or trying to lose next election?
    My take is +/- 5-10% before govt start removing or adding CMs.
    Q'bay 22% discount, d'Leedon 15% discount, FEO various project, -4%

Cool

3-6 mths mkt will stagnate ...to slight down ...max 15 %

if u do see a 15 0r 20 % discount ...it may not mean mkt is falling... simply developer is taking less profit ...

if u are first timer or upgrader ...this is a good time to go shopping

if one walks into a showroom today and sign in with a HDB address ... one may be treated like King ...

while another who sign in with a condo address ...hhhmmm agent may think you are coming in just to check around and have no intention to buy

Agreed. But the earlier buyer lost 15%-20% compare to those buying now. they just got screwed by the developers.
    Volume will really slow down after this grp of first timer

Think I mentioned already that drop in demand would be larger than drop in supply. Owners are not yet desperate in selling, but they will first start being desperate in posting to support each other, singing the repetitive songs like "this CM is just like the previous one, don't worry", "oh, yes, i like your post", "i will hold my property tight tight", sort of mentally supporting each other...

Also you failed to mention why owners are desperate?

Agreed. But the earlier buyer lost 15%-20% compare to those buying now. they just got screwed by the developers.
    Volume will really slow down after this grp of first timer

this is a lesson to all ....

doesnt mean D10 will be sold out
    doesnt mean famous architect will be sold out
    doesnt mean famous developer will be sold out

such a big plot ... LH ... selling at same PSF as nearby FH ...
    buyers ought to do their home work instead of following the ass of the wilderbeest in front during a migration

this is a lesson to all ....

doesnt mean D10 will be sold out
    doesnt mean famous architect will be sold out
    doesnt mean famous developer will be sold out

such a big plot ... LH ... selling at same PSF as nearby FH ...
    buyers ought to do their home work instead of following the ass of the wilderbeest in front during a migration
    then again after all these discounts ... the eventual PSF may be more justifiable ...

Cool

Think I mentioned already that drop in demand would be larger than drop in supply. Owners are not yet desperate in selling, but they will first start being desperate in posting to support each other, singing the repetitive songs like "this CM is just like the previous one, don't worry", "oh, yes, i like your post", "i will hold my property tight tight", sort of mentally supporting each other...
    With the whit paper research from DBS, 7m population should cushion this CM.
    Why would existing owners get desperate when they got only 1 prop???
    CM Doesn't affect them, right???

Instead could be an opportunity for them to consider upgrade

With the whit paper research from DBS, 7m population should cushion this CM.
    Why would existing owners get desperate when they got only 1 prop???
    CM Doesn't affect them, right???

Instead could be an opportunity for them to consider upgrade
    because many believe that the condo are owned by investors. they failed to see that actually about 20% are rented out. they think there are many people who own 2 properties or more. look around you and see how many % of your friends own 2 properties or more?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88
    because many believe that the condo are owned by investors. they failed to see that actually about 20% are rented out. they think there are many people who own 2 properties or more. look around you and see how many % of your friends own 2 properties or more?
    Haha, nice one.
    economist very the look up on us lah.
    80% of SG live in HDB leh.
    condo owners can't be so desperate since they are rich enough to own PC.
    They are the top 20% in sgp, right!!!

HAHAHAHAH!!!!
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Haha, nice one.
    economist very the look up on us lah.
    80% of SG live in HDB leh.
    condo owners can't be so desperate since they are rich enough to own PC.
    They are the top 20% in sgp, right!!!
    actually, economist will be proven right. here is why
    those who are staying in condos belong to the following category
    - those who have only 1 unit and staying in it will not sell.
    - those who have multiple units but will not sell because reinvesting is expensive with absd
    so the market has lost a huge supply in the market. so who are those who will sell.
    - those who have bought a bigger unit say 2.5 mil and now need to sell their 1.2 mil condo. this folks will have difficulty finding buyers and will be desperate to sell to get the monies. they may let go at a discount as they have already made from the a low entry, so in absolute term, it is still a positive gain, just lesser, thats all.
    so you will see a negative record on the ura ppi in coming months. if i am not mistaken, new sales from developers will not be included in the ura ppi, thus not reflected.
    previous cm also saw dips in 1 to 2 quarters and this round the effect is greater to those who have just recently upgraded.
    so from statistical standpoint, the cm will show an effect.

Q'bay 22% discount, d'Leedon 15% discount, FEO various project, -4%
    Haha this is really funny. Developer got 22% discount since years ago.
    No wonder people rushing to showrooms

These discounts are on marked up prices. I say my 1M property worth 2M and then give u 30% discount lah. U happy?
    You don't believe me, but believe developers?
    You buy qbay for 900+ and think that's cheap?

Govt already say ABSD and LTV not permanent for CM7. The moment there is a discernible unhealthy drop, rest assured the shackles will be released.

Just like when the govt feel that mkt is too hot, they impose CM, they can do the reverse when they think market losing its steam.

So question is who knows what the govt think is the threshold before they act on it?
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

It is good to support one another.
    That's what friends and forummers are for.

TS, do you hope that owners will become desperate in selling?
    Will you go to their rescue?

have you wondered if there were no cm7 and the following news came out

- singapore will have two new MRT lines
    - dbs vickers expects an upcoming white paper on Singapore's population to raise its population target to 7 million

now, just imagine there were no cm7, what would happen today

Haha this is really funny. Developer got 22% discount since years ago.
    No wonder people rushing to showrooms

These discounts are on marked up prices. I say my 1M property worth 2M and then give u 30% discount lah. U happy?
    You don't believe me, but believe developers?
    You buy qbay for 900+ and think that's cheap?
    this is a real old sales tactic. just like fashion retailers brandishing posters screaming of '30%', but upped the retail price by 20%

All the good brothers and sisters here so nice to me. Thanks esp. to brother radha08 and proudowner, your are the best

Actually I got something I wanna to say but cannot. Something if I say liao sure my handphone will ring la.

So, I better keep that until the next media report.

( This post marked herein 21 Jan 2013 3:11PM )

I really like BJ21T and his posts, may sound silly and crazy or over ego but there are insightful points to pick up too from his long posts.

Just sometimes I wonder if 2 different persons are using the same nick to post, the writing styles can be totally different..

Quote Originally Posted by Paulder
    I really like BJ21T and his posts, may sound silly and crazy or over ego but there are insightful points to pick up too from his long posts.

Just sometimes I wonder if 2 different persons are using the same nick to post, the writing styles can be totally different..
    You are so smart...hehehehehhehe