Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Many property owners are desperate...

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    haha, speaking of the better pastures elsewhere, I hear lots of bankers talking about a risk-on stock market in 2013, but that's another topic...
    well i kinda feel that there is a sense of truth to risk on attitude.. take a look at gold price.. for the better part of 2008-2012.. everytime market rise gold price seems to be positively corelated witht the increase..

but more recently after the fiscal cliff debacle in late December 2012, gold seems to be showing less positive corelation and on the other hand it starts to exhibit negative corelation to general equity..

if this theory holds true, and lots of big money is being moved away from gold to other asset classes, i am sure you can recognise what kind of price movement we will see in the other asset classes...

but ultimately if you still want to look at property still as an asset class, there are still other pastures that you can explore other than Singapore Residential properties.. this of course requires more dilligence, homework, research and many careful consideration by the potential investor

black cat white cat flower cat mosquito cat, as long as the cat can catch a rat, the cat is a good cat Huat ah everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Those that missed this better watch again before I explain later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TUMxDhEZB4

otherwise later I explain liao you dun understand dun blame the handsome me hor
    Watch Already. Story please.

Even if there is no additional new immigrants, this year will be a decent year for Singapore economy. No need to b desperate.

Having been a long time silent observer of this forum, I have seen a clear difference of CM7: that is, this time, many forummers here (property owners with vested interest) are desperately defending that property prices will continue chiong or remain stabilized, reasons quoted include, why would sellers sell, who will sell, further reduction of supply, abundant liquidity, low interest rate, why would this CM be different from previous ones, buyers rushed in at 11th hour before CM7, population and so on... -- all the common rhetoric that keep repeated over and over, until I feel that I must say something.

First, it is quite a clear sign that some owners are desperately defending the property prices, this is an indication that CM7 has hit their nerves, and therefore, you would see one owner posting some reasons supporting his theory, the other owner would quickly post a supporting note and so on. I didn't see much of this in previous CMs.

Second, CM7 is going to reduce demand to a larger extend than the reduction of supply, due mainly to the stupid ABSDs. I know many potential buyers who firmly decided not to buy. Lots of genuine demand have already been absorbed in the past years, coupled with the further reduction of demand which is much more than the reduction of supply, we are going to see the market titled to buyer side. Foreigners maybe rich, but they are calculative as well, and remember they account for just minority of the demand.

I went to see quite a few resale units, and the sentiment I felt is the same everywhere, that is, there are not many sellers, but, there are almost NO buyers.

dont think so.. go look at the show flat there where u find the desperate people

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    dont think so.. go look at the show flat there where u find the desperate people
    But I am sure there are a few desperate housewife

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Also you failed to mention why owners are desperate?
    Cause interest rate are so low?
    Cause rental is still strong?
    Cause govt making more mrt?
    Cause govt release population figures of 7m?

Without any backing and few properties you know of, you are sounding like mr B doomsday man.
    Would we nice to hear from you what situation owner was in, that you concluded them desperate?
    I already knew this Economist is MR B lah.. Cos the title is the same style like "Property price is coming down fast"..
    He will use all kind of stup!d reason to prove that his title is right.. The only thing is.. This time round he will try to tahan not to scold ppl a moron for now

Those that missed this better watch again before I explain later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TUMxDhEZB4

otherwise later I explain liao you dun understand dun blame the handsome me hor
    Bro Handsome

simi lai ay

1st the car heading to Jurong

then turn off to Garden and into an empty basement car park

liak bo kiew

I didn't mean owners are desperately selling, I meant some of them are desperately posting here to defend their rhetoric theory, I did't actually want to post until I saw a thread today which almost made me laugh. Yes, sellers will not panic sell, supply will actually be reduced, what matters is that demand will be reduced much more than that!! As a result, more likely than not, residential prices will drop.
    So from your "some of them.." you have concluded that your title should be "Many pty owners are desperate" hah!!

Likewise.. from your "tons in strait times classified & propertyguru... you assume you go & ask sure can get 10-20%..." and you concluded your title to be "Property price is coming down fast" hah

Quote Originally Posted by basic
    tons in strait times classified & propertyguru....go & ask for it, you will get, 10-20%...
    I sold what I need to...only fools still keep now....in next 1-2 yrs, you will know....

Having been a long time silent observer of this forum, I have seen a clear difference of CM7: that is, this time, many forummers here (property owners with vested interest) are desperately defending that property prices will continue chiong or remain stabilized, reasons quoted include, why would sellers sell, who will sell, further reduction of supply, abundant liquidity, low interest rate, why would this CM be different from previous ones, buyers rushed in at 11th hour before CM7, population and so on... -- all the common rhetoric that keep repeated over and over, until I feel that I must say something.

First, it is quite a clear sign that some owners are desperately defending the property prices, this is an indication that CM7 has hit their nerves, and therefore, you would see one owner posting some reasons supporting his theory, the other owner would quickly post a supporting note and so on. I didn't see much of this in previous CMs.

Second, CM7 is going to reduce demand to a larger extend than the reduction of supply, due mainly to the stupid ABSDs. I know many potential buyers who firmly decided not to buy. Lots of genuine demand have already been absorbed in the past years, coupled with the further reduction of demand which is much more than the reduction of supply, we are going to see the market titled to buyer side. Foreigners maybe rich, but they are calculative as well, and remember they account for just minority of the demand.

I went to see quite a few resale units, and the sentiment I felt is the same everywhere, that is, there are not many sellers, but, there are almost NO buyers.
    Have also just been to view some small resale units after CM7. Was surprised that there are still viewers, thought I would be alone. The owners were certainly not desperate to sell, its the agents that appeared anxious.

As for forumers here defending property prices, this is to be expected bec this is afterall a property forum. Almost everyone here is a owner of at least 1 or more units and many are waiting for prices to drop to buy more. Everyone hopes prices will continue to inch up. I would guess that most of the seasoned property investors have made their bucks and are already out of the local ppty market for the past 1-2 years.

Regardless of how many of forumers are defending the prices, certainly all of us who are deepy rooted here would wish that all these CM would be good for all of us in the long run and as long as Singapore has a good government, there is no need to lose sleep over the price of your property esp when you have already have a roof over your head.

Quite well said...

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    As for forumers here defending property prices, this is to be expected bec this is afterall a property forum. Almost everyone here is a owner of at least 1 or more units and many are waiting for prices to drop to buy more. Everyone hopes prices will continue to inch up. I would guess that most of the seasoned property investors have made their bucks and are already out of the local ppty market for the past 1-2 years.

Regardless of how many of forumers are defending the prices, certainly all of us who are deepy rooted here would wish that all these CM would be good for all of us in the long run and as long as Singapore has a good government, there is no need to lose sleep over the price of your property esp when you have already have a roof over your head.

haha, speaking of the better pastures elsewhere, I hear lots of bankers talking about a risk-on stock market in 2013, but that's another topic...
    when people make money in stocks, they buy car, watches, house and everything else they can get their hands on. consequently, when they lose money they sell everything. there was lambo and patek phillipes sold to second hand dealers on the cheap during lehman crisis.

fwah so many investors (agents) talking here ah

The way to read the heading is wrongly construed.

What it means is ... property investors are getting desperate ...

They cannot do what they love most now, INVEST!
    They will have to hold on to their units tightly now.

I HATE (I seldom hate) people who likes to stir up emotions, these are lousy people of the lowest class.

In an educated forum like this, we talk facts, figures and observations. Not stupid statements like people feeling desperate, emo, happy, horny (oops, sorry, I digress).

Let Office Boy tell u some facts as promised.

If you have visited Alexandra Central showroom today, you will know the meaning of desperate! There are more than 1,000 cheques up for the 100+ commercial units. For each unit, there are like 70-80 bidders~!

This is worse chance than getting a HDB flat!

And these are not Simei uncle or Yew Tee aunties hor! These are people with net worth of at least a million EACH. Even spotted MediaCorp folks waiting anxiously for the balloting !

Too bad Office Boy must work in Office, else can record and show u live footages (like the way mentor BJ does it - the human version) ...

DKSG
    PS: Ok la! Tell u all the news I want to tell u all liao ...

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

I HATE (I seldom hate) people who likes to stir up emotions, these are lousy people of the lowest class.

In an educated forum like this, we talk facts, figures and observations. Not stupid statements like people feeling desperate, emo, happy, horny (oops, sorry, I digress).

If you have visited Alexandra Central showroom today, you will know the meaning of desperate! There are more than 1,000 cheques up for the 100+ commercial units. For each unit, there are like 70-80 bidders~!

And these are not Simei uncle or Yew Tee aunties hor! These are people with net worth of at least a million EACH. Even spotted MediaCorp folks waiting anxiously for the balloting !

Too bad Office Boy must work in Office, else can record and show u live footages (like the way mentor BJ does it - the human version) ...

DKSG
    Where will e people invest if they fail to get a unit?

DKSG
    This must be the significant news you were talking about yest. Perhaps like Alexis is the starting point of MM, Alexandra Central is the starting point for commercial Run up!

Your friend is so smart ! Here's WHY:

When you buy a Singapore property, you BUY with it the following:

1) Citizen Security provided by Government

2) Asset Security provided by Singaporean Banks

3) Health Security provided by Healthcare Service

4) Currency Security provided by MAS

5) Future Security provided by Singaporean Schools

6) Employment Security by Singaporean Businesses & MNCs

7) Social Security by Enforcement Agents

8) Time Security by Efficient Statutory Boards

9) Hedging against Natural Events like disasters

10) Hedging against Global Currency Risks

11) Hedging against commodity risks like Gold

12) Hedging against Water Crisis by New-water

Its good you point this out. But the last two cards that hold these securities is national security(from a terrorist bomb or racial riot) and ruling party political security. Can a nation of naive youngstar hold the first in face of distrust among the races here....and can a poltical party be ruling in the face of mistrust betwen the islander and foreign invaders....i exaggerate but in good times we forget the underlying currents and licve in false sens of security as a young nation.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    This must be the significant news you were talking about yest. Perhaps like Alexis is the starting point of MM, Alexandra Central is the starting point for commercial Run up!
    Commercial has been quietly and discreetly running up since CM5.

Places like East Village, Robinson whatever, Eon Shenton, Oxley Tower ... If you have diligent enough, you will certainly know the trend and see the kinda price escalation per launch.

Ok la .. tell u all so much already, the rest is up to you all lo!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by JAFCO
    Its good you point this out. But the last two cards that hold these securities is national security(from a terrorist bomb or racial riot) and ruling party political security. Can a nation of naive youngstar hold the first in face of distrust among the races here....and can a poltical party be ruling in the face of mistrust betwen the islander and foreign invaders....i exaggerate but in good times we forget the underlying currents and licve in false sens of security as a young nation.
    Well , when everyone get whats they want, no problem lah. They say no City State have survived in the long pages of history. So make Hay while there is sunshine.

If the gen Y dont self destruct, the next generation of well dwellers and keyboard warrior most certainly will.

DKSG
    wah, hotter than IPO. lol.

So what was the psf?

Commercial has been quietly and discreetly running up since CM5.

Places like East Village, Robinson whatever, Eon Shenton, Oxley Tower ... If you have diligent enough, you will certainly know the trend and see the kinda price escalation per launch.

Ok la .. tell u all so much already, the rest is up to you all lo!

DKSG
    Office boy is multi- discipline. Very PeiFu. Keen on shophouses, but by the time store enough bullets , the door is closed again. Painful to see door open but cannot walk in.

But i shall be like office boy, muster more bullets and wait for another door to open.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    wah, hotter than IPO. lol.

So what was the psf?
    got 5k psf got 7k psf or more. which one u prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    got 5k psf got 7k psf or more. which one u prefer?
    does my preference matter when there are 70-80 are bidders balloting? lol.

what's the psf for one of the main road facing units?

does my preference matter when there are 70-80 are bidders balloting? lol.

what's the psf for one of the main road facing units?
    have to pray to God to get your favorite unit

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    Bro Handsome

simi lai ay

1st the car heading to Jurong

then turn off to Garden and into an empty basement car park

liak bo kiew
    Asking u to keep your eyes on Marina Bay district?

And these are not Simei uncle or Yew Tee aunties hor! These are people with net worth of at least a million EACH. Even spotted MediaCorp folks waiting anxiously for the balloting !...
    You forgot to mention people in wheelchair also come to try to get a unit

Also a revision.. some units have up to around 100++++ balloters for it
    http://SGNewCondoLaunch.com

Feel free to take a look. Something new every month

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Office boy is multi- discipline. Very PeiFu. Keen on shophouses, but by the time store enough bullets , the door is closed again. Painful to see door open but cannot walk in.

But i shall be like office boy, muster more bullets and wait for another door to open.
    There are still quite a a few doors open la ! Just work harder lor!

Cant tell u more, if not later like ZeeWee's client - kenna jump Q!~
    Ok if you are the jumper, but I am usually the jumpee. hahaha!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    have to pray to God to get your favorite unit
    when are they balloting?

when are they balloting?
    Alexandra Central? Today lor.. finished and over liao
    http://SGNewCondoLaunch.com

Feel free to take a look. Something new every month

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    Alexandra Central? Today lor.. finished and over liao
    so those ground floor units facing road went for 7000psf?

Hi DKSG

notice that Iskandar commercial property not cheong yet

do you think is a good idea to chiong in 1st before others ?

now it seems like all are going after the residential there

There are still quite a a few doors open la ! Just work harder lor!

Cant tell u more, if not later like ZeeWee's client - kenna jump Q!~
    Ok if you are the jumper, but I am usually the jumpee. hahaha!

DKSG