Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Many property owners are desperate...

Let me try one formula also

SD + COE = voice of complain*total price of handouts

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

oh, miss out another one, "seletar". Why suddenly this forum got so many "economists"???

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why so many economists in this forum? Leeds another one always talking about economic theories...

But hor, my experience is all these economists I seldom see them actually become very rich ones....
    Because all talk and no action and they don't even dare to act on their own advocation! If they do, they actually become bankcrupt!

tonight everone is an economist. heh.

Not me, I don't wan, wait forever poor and can write and write to just get a salary only....

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    tonight everone is an economist. heh.

What is SD?

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS

What is SD?
    Stamp Duties lor. They just discovered COE is too slow and too little

since everyone likes to throw up economic theories, I have one very simple one.

P = M x V
    Ok, so what is the significance of this momentum equation?

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS

If u realise, 5 years ago dont have so many complains and govt freebies, stamp duties and COE is cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulder
    Ok, so what is the significance of this momentum equation?
    just observe the variables and see how they play out in real time.

Not me, I don't wan, wait forever poor and can write and write to just get a salary only....
    Soros was trained in LSE, but i wonder was his an economics degree.

Why so many economists in this forum? Leeds another one always talking about economic theories...

But hor, my experience is all these economists I seldom see them actually become very rich ones....
    Because all talk and no action and they don't even dare to act on their own advocation! If they do, they actually become bankcrupt!
    It is always nice to know someone remembers you. I am enjoying standing afar. You get a better view.

The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people.

George Bernard Shaw

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, it is not economics degree or economics theory that is the problem.

You see, people with economics degree, the successful ones never work as "economists" writing pieces of paper (all talk no action).

The successful ones work in jobs that implements what they advocate and make the policies &/or actions to make money, e.g. Bernanke & Soros are 2 good examples.

Soros was trained in LSE, but i wonder was his an economics degree.

An economist friend of mine used to tell me that economists are few of the 'smartest' people on planet earth because they advise governments, corporations and people at large without the burden of responsibility and yet get paid for. At most, they get the sack and this is usually after the fact. On the other hand, bankers and financial advisors could get sued when their advices turn bad.

While I cannot be sure how good they (economists) are in making investment decisions, I do know that most economists are successful people.

People who filed for bankruptcy are usually businessman, share investor, property investor and highly leveraged individual.

Note: I am not an economist nor major in economics. I merely read economics as a subject.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    don't worry. that guy is just bad with stats. since when rate of PR approvals = population growth rate?! look at the number of foreign workforce, it's booming like never before
    I don't think it's fair to attack economist in such a personal manner. I gained great insights from him but I also think your refutation has validity. I actually just heard about the 7mil thing but I think with that kind of population (whether PR/citizen/foreigner) will support the property market one way or another (rent or purchase). But in what time frame? Maybe until the MRT lines are built up until 2030 to better accommodate the increase in population? If that's so than that's still some time away and there's no clear long term solution to the problems in US and Europe to give any credible forecast in that timeframe.
    Last edited by bernbaum; 24-01-13 at 13:38.

Although it is nice for you to speak out, and I appreciate, but you should not have, because you are registered in Jan with only 1 post. They may soon label you as my clone, and they may also think this post is just an act.

Don't worry, I know how to ignore unfair posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bernbaum
    I don't think it's fair to attack economist in such a personal manner. I gained great insights from him but I also think your refutation has validity. I actually just heard about the 7mil thing but I think with that kind of population (whether PR/citizen/foreigner) will support the property market one way or another (rent or purchase). But in what time frame? Maybe until the MRT lines are built up until 2030 to better accommodate the increase in population? If that's so than that's still some time away and there's no clear long term solution to the problems in US and Europe to give any credible forecast in that timeframe.

Lol, then so let it be an act. Ideally a forum should support rational exchange. Even if some are actors, if they are irrational they will be ratted out given that there is enough motivation to do so. There may be some history with this Mr B person but I'm new and so I'm not obligated to act one way or another because of some past events I don't even know about.

i am just against people using stats baselessly and wrongly to argue a case. get the facts right and straight before debating

Lol, then so let it be an act. Ideally a forum should support rational exchange. Even if some are actors, if they are irrational they will be ratted out given that there is enough motivation to do so. There may be some history with this Mr B person but I'm new and so I'm not obligated to act one way or another because of some past events I don't even know about.
    I agree its all about rational exchange... Good on you mate

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Me too. Agree

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Finally, there is space in this forum for rational exchange.

It takes patience, understanding and mutal respect to make this happen.

The minority is sometimes right; the majority always wrong.

George Bernard Shaw

This is why we need rational exchange and discussion and hopefully get it right sometimes.