Thread: Gen-Y effect on property

Default Gen-Y effect on property

As more Gen-Y Singaporeans are getting married and starting their own home, I am just wondering if this group of buyers will change the dynamic of the property market in Singapore?

if gen X like me having problem, gen Y won't be much better
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    if gen X like me having problem, gen Y won't be much better
    actually you could be wrong. I think Gen Y could receive more support from parents to buy property than Gen X.

Gen -Y here. Did not receive funds from parents. If you read yesterday's Sunday Times, those stories are not really representative of Gen-Y.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Gen -Y here. Did not receive funds from parents. If you read yesterday's Sunday Times, those stories are not really representative of Gen-Y.
    what about that fellow who bought the Super EC penthouse? Also use father money I think.

got a cousin also got a big ah pao from father to buy his first property.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...-help-parents-

Gen Y must realise that we as parents do this because of of one word. FAMILY

4 in 10 married couples buying first property get financial help from parents

As many as four in 10 couples buying their first property receive a financial leg-up from their parents in meeting upfront cash payments.

It is a trend property agents and conveyancing lawyers have been noticing for the past five years amid rising property prices, which have meant that couples just starting out in the workforce struggle to stump up upfront cash payments for their first home from their household kitty or Central Provident Fund accounts.

And the older folk who are helping their adult married children include working-class parents who live in public housing.

Property players and couples SundayLife! spoke to say daddy-mummy loans are needed mostly for those who have to fork out more cash upfront, for HDB resale, Design, Build and Sell Scheme or executive condominium (EC) units, or private apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...-help-parents-

Gen Y must realise that we as parents do this because of of one word. FAMILY

4 in 10 married couples buying first property get financial help from parents

As many as four in 10 couples buying their first property receive a financial leg-up from their parents in meeting upfront cash payments.

It is a trend property agents and conveyancing lawyers have been noticing for the past five years amid rising property prices, which have meant that couples just starting out in the workforce struggle to stump up upfront cash payments for their first home from their household kitty or Central Provident Fund accounts.

And the older folk who are helping their adult married children include working-class parents who live in public housing.

Property players and couples SundayLife! spoke to say daddy-mummy loans are needed mostly for those who have to fork out more cash upfront, for HDB resale, Design, Build and Sell Scheme or executive condominium (EC) units, or private apartments.

sometimes i wonder if this act of parental help is out of pure love
    or they are hoping the child and his spouse will take care of them later in life.. ??

read the article on Mary Chia ...thats a powerful woman ...

shes got her children and their family to live with her ...

that could be a better strategy

i swear i will not use any single cent from my parent!
    in fact, i am richer than my parent..

my ideal home is still a landed where 3 generation of family members can live together..
    but landed is so ex and out of reach.
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

FAMILY
    F : father
    A : and
    M : Mother
    I : I
    L : Love
    Y : YOU

My wish is to have three units within the same condo..two for children and one for myself..to stay near but not too near, far and not too far...

i want sugar daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    FAMILY
    F : father
    A : and
    M : Mother
    I : I
    L : Love
    Y : YOU

My wish is to have three units within the same condo..two for children and one for myself..to stay near but not too near, far and not too far...

thats a good one

heres is another .....
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday

after Monday , is Tuesday ... so many days more before weekend ????

even the calendar agrees with me ...

WTF !!!!