Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just view a resale condo, seller holding on to asking price

Default Just view a resale condo, seller holding on to asking price

Just itchy leg go & view a resale condo at red hill yesterday, seller holding on to asking price, 6 groups viewed.

Anyone pls report where got good lobang in good location where seller wants to sell cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tay EG
    Just itchy leg go & view a resale condo at red hill yesterday, seller holding on to asking price, 6 groups viewed.

Anyone pls report where got good lobang in good location where seller wants to sell cheap.
    How much is the condo?

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    How much is the condo?
    Seller asking $1.5+m.

Seller asking $1.5+m.
    How much psf?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    How much psf?
    About $1350 psf.

It's not that ex. Why should the owner drop px? I think rental in that area is good if it's within walking distance of Redhill MRT.

Every condo and every unit is different, and every seller is also different. Some non sincere sellers can hold on to their high asking prices for months or even years if there are agents willing to cooperate, while some sellers will lower prices if not able to sell within 2 weeks.
    Every buyer has to do his own homework to decide whether the seller is just testing market and his luck (non-sincere sellers) or he is really selling.

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    Every condo and every unit is different, and every seller is also different. Some non sincere sellers can hold on to their high asking prices for months or even years if there are agents willing to cooperate, while some sellers will lower prices if not able to sell within 2 weeks.
    Every buyer has to do his own homework to decide whether the seller is just testing market and his luck (non-sincere sellers) or he is really selling.
    Helo TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B.. you talked BIG BIG say "many".. now you say "some".. you sibeh jialet leh

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16552

is it metropolitan?

after echelon set that kind of standard, the owner may question his own asking.

Again! Another emotion inflicting posts.

Total Rubbish!

Office Boy been in the market for more than a decade and the above is pure rubbish.

When buying a property, you decide on the price you want to pay (valuation plus or minus a premium/discount) and get a good again to go for the kill.

No need to be emotional, you make a good decent offer, seller reject coz he wants higher (of course he got his reasons). That means price cannot match. MOVE ON!

Dont keep harping and harping like some econ-minimart wanna be people here and start talking about sincere not sincere.

People who likes are stir things up are certainly the MOST INSINCERE of the lot.

DKSG

Investment? Why not go take a look at Killiney 118? My client just bought a unit there about $2225psf.. compare to surrounding pretty good... still have some developer units available and end Feb 2013 TOP

The Studio can consider but if you are looking for 2 bedroom.. depends if you can handle the layout of the house.. although now under construction.. can go up take a look.. door all unlocked and on the doors got indication whether if the unit is sold or not
    http://SGNewCondoLaunch.com

Feel free to take a look. Something new every month

office boy today on the offense. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    office boy today on the offense. heh.

Getting hot under the collar liao

Quote Originally Posted by ahkongkid
    Getting hot under the collar liao
    I think somebody slipped something into his coffee in the office liao.

Speaking of "No need to be emotional", I guess it is very obvious who is being emotional here. And the result of being emotional is - there is no logic in his post. Is someone's ricebowl at stake?

Speaking of "No need to be emotional", I guess it is very obvious who is being emotional here. And the result of being emotional is - there is no logic in his post. Is someone's ricebowl at stake?
    In case you did not understand or act blur....i think he meant you are trying to stir poo and get others to be emotional. While you seem cool and calm by bringing up stats like 'how many thousands read your desperate thread' implies owner r getting desperate, seriously, it's really childish and sounds a lot like how people posts in hardware zone, temasek review etc.

I can also say for someone who keeps creating new threads to stir emotions and in such frequency with couple of days, I can tell you are pretty desperate buyer. With each CM, you probably waited for prices to drop but of coz that I'd not happened. With CM7, you thought this CM is drastic and start getting excited that maybe, just maybe prices

.....continue from previous post (accidentally touch 'submit reply'.....

Prices will drop this time for you to buy. For investors, and probably those who invested subsequent to last few CMs, they are either sitting on paper profits and happily collecting rental income or bound by SSD which restrict them from selling anyway....I really can't see how prices will crash or drop significantly unless there is a series of -ve economic impact events or -ve black swan events.

No need to get so excited and create so many threads within days....ai zai, stay calm lah. How to invest in ppty if cant stay calm. Ppty is high risk game you know....

If you dun mind, can share the name of the condo? Tanglin View, Tanglin Regency or Metro??! Or others especially if you feel prices r too high.

However, if you do not wanna share.....maybe you think it's not a bad price but hope it will be a bit lower.....

My personal opinion is in current market, $1,350 for Tanglin area resale seems alright. But please dun tell me it's bad facing like generator, waste collection centre etc. For those units, I wouldn't buy even if its super cheap coz some money I would rather not earn. I usually will not buy something which I myself do not want to use.

After the CM where foreigners have to pay 10% ABSD (CM5??), I saw quite a few fire sale or below market price units being advertised. This could be because earlier buyers were relatively weaker and with profits in the bag, they were willing to sell with lower profits. This time round, I believe investors has lower LTV and with SSDs, you won't find that many fire sales. And in my experience, usually lousier units are sold during these times. Better units are sold in boom time when price records r set 1 week after another.

Jaykj, you have made a lot of assumptions which is your prerogative. I wouldn't have waited so long to write the first post if your assumption was correct. But anyway, I just wrote something on another thread, so pardon me for my laziness of copying here, to address some of your points.
    "
    Some talked about the hope of a market crash, no no no, that is never my intention, neither my hope. If you read carefully, all I said is the residential market will tilt towards the buyers due to larger reduction of demand than reduction of supply, and there maybe some price declines, market crash is less likely in the low rate environment, barring external shocks. It is also possible that you are going to see a two-tied performance, whereby those mass market (for example, quantum below 1.5m) will see less decline due to the strong presence of first-timers, while those slightly more expensive ones will see larger price decline as it is not usually for the first-timers, and all buyers except first-timers are affected.

And can some forumers stop linking me to some others? Their minds must be entrenched to the belief that there is only 1 bear in the forum dominated by bulls (owners with vested interest). And it doesn't make sense keep talking about missing the boat, what goes up must come down, we as investors do our own homework on when to exit some and when to buy more.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj
    My personal opinion is in current market, $1,350 for Tanglin area resale seems alright. But please dun tell me it's bad facing like generator, waste collection centre etc. For those units, I wouldn't buy even if its super cheap coz some money I would rather not earn. I usually will not buy something which I myself do not want to use.
    For Tanglin Regency, Tanglin View, the south-facing units may have to put up with construction from Echelon and the other land parcels not yet launched. Some north-facing units in Tanglin View will be blocked by the new devt in Prince Charles Crescent. For Metropolitan, don't buy units facing the MRT track as there is noise.

Ascentia Sky I don't think you can get at that psf unless it's a very big fire sales.

chiaberry,

you're quite familiar with redhill area...

what do you think of the new developments coming up? there's Mon Jervois and another bigger plot along Prince Charles Crescent - any pro and cons?

Ok, it is Alessendra.
    Freehold.
    Poor condo facility, very close to HDB, near road side, near MRT, low floor, stack 4, house layout ok.

I would think economist is not "economist", just like "indomie" is not simple mee, "teddybear" is not so "teddybear" after all. I am a contrarian....

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Helo TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B.. you talked BIG BIG say "many".. now you say "some".. you sibeh jialet leh

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16552

ya i have been wondering why this project cannot sell? pardon me if i mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    Investment? Why not go take a look at Killiney 118? My client just bought a unit there about $2225psf.. compare to surrounding pretty good... still have some developer units available and end Feb 2013 TOP

The Studio can consider but if you are looking for 2 bedroom.. depends if you can handle the layout of the house.. although now under construction.. can go up take a look.. door all unlocked and on the doors got indication whether if the unit is sold or not

Quote Originally Posted by sunny88
    chiaberry,

you're quite familiar with redhill area...

what do you think of the new developments coming up? there's Mon Jervois and another bigger plot along Prince Charles Crescent - any pro and cons?
    They are in a more "atas" location. Ambience will be nicer as they are nearer to the GCB areas. But they will be further from MRT esp Mon Jervois.

Have to see the pricing and layout etc. But personally if it's for investment, I still think it's better to be nearer to MRT and amenities.

Ok, it is Alessendra.
    Freehold.
    Poor condo facility, very close to HDB, near road side, near MRT, low floor, stack 4, house layout ok.
    Hmmm....this is neither here nor there. In between 2 MRT stations. Very small devt. The main pro is that it's freehold. Apart from that, there's not much else going for it.

it would be $150k plus of ABSD down the long kang for anyone buying 3rd pty and above

Seller asking $1.5+m.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    it would be $150k plus of ABSD down the long kang for anyone buying 3rd pty and above
    So have 3 rd or 4th beter hold tight tght?

Ok, it is Alessendra.
    Freehold.
    Alessandrea near to MRT??? the nearest MRT is Tiong Baru plaza MRT and it easily takes > 10 minutes to walk there. I used to live in Henderson Crescent Blk 106 when I was a kid.
    Near to none condo facility - yes
    very close to HDB - agree
    near road - yes

but at least it is freehold.

forgot to add:

rental seems decent at that place. Probably because it is near to town and shopping mall is within walking distance.