Thread: Singaporean these days are just a whining bunch?

Default Singaporean these days are just a whining bunch?

I cant help feeling that Singaporean is just a bunch of Whinners. When ever I look is people complain and complain n complain. Cant help feeling we are taking for granted what we have to day as a given and there is no appreciation the hard work that was put into building it. Its all abt the selfish self centered views.

Want things to be cheap but dont care where the service is rendered. Want high pay but when spend everything must be cheap cheap. To have low cost labour rendered the service people complain. becoz its a eye sore and feel threaten .
    Remove low cost labour pice spike complain again.

Take housing. All miss the boat are complaining. I feel its not becoz the foreigners edged out the locals. But the SC need some punching bag to blame n complain again. Take a look at the recent show flat who are the buyers? All Singaporean rushing to buy. They are the 1s edging out to locals. Basically the more risk taking more resourceful singaporean are pushing the more lay back and more adverse population. Thus they feel threaten , jealous and uncomfortable when they see their peers are moving forward.

All are hoping that the government help them. Government can help but nothing is free. everything comes at a cost. But to turn a blind eye at that n hoping everyday gold drop from sky?

Go compare to the cosmopolitan city in the area. they are dense. and the fact they attract business n interest means there are value thats why people local or foreign flock to cities. So why keep complaining and Whining? All hopeing Singapore become a slump restart so they get a chance again. Frankly dont work for it restart as many times those Whinners will still be in same spot they are today.

GO WORK FOR IT.! STOP WHINING.

Want bao jia. must also pay for the Durian.!
    Last edited by minority; 24-01-13 at 10:58.

Well said!

Some complain in other ways, e.g. creating negative threads trying to scare off property buyers, naively think it will affect market. Hahaha!
    Last edited by leesg123; 24-01-13 at 11:06.

Fully agreed. I am a foreigner myself, Whenever i return to my home country i see the attitude of the young ppls are so diff then in Sg. They are more risk taker and always look out for opportunity (Hunger for $) which is an essential for success. I cant comment much on SC attitude as i think that is the result of over protective from Govt. Just compare a kid who are born with silver spoon Vs a kid from the street. In my country, Education, health care, shelter. All these are not given, they got to fight for it. So naturally they complain less and focus more on present and future. In fact they think that complain on others will lead to improvement to others, and ultimately less opportunity arise. They think that if the service is bad/weak , let the nature destroy it, why complain and make them improve. all the above only my own personal view.

ya la complain complain complain..

"today morning i woke up had a nice breakfast greeted the day with a smile...took a leisurely drive from pasir ris to balmoral was so beautiful to be surrounded by so many cars and people everybody was smiling and giving way...so lovely to be a part of this wonderful society...when i neared my destination i heard a familiar beep sound and was delighted i only had to pay $1 erp for my trip...tonight before i go to bed i will thank god for letting me live in this wonderful multi national country where every man is a brother and woman a sister"...i now end off my post with a characteristic...

Wahahahaaaaa
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    I cant help feeling that Singaporean is just a bunch of Whinners. When ever I look is people complain and complain n complain. Cant help feeling we are taking for granted what we have to day as a given and there is no appreciation the hard work that was put into building it. Its all abt the selfish self centered views.

Want things to be cheap but dont care where the service is rendered. Want high pay but when spend everything must be cheap cheap. To have low cost labour rendered the service people complain. becoz its a eye sore and feel threaten .

Take housing. All miss the boat are complaining. I feel its not becoz the foreigners edged out the locals. But the SC need some punching bag to blame n complain again. Take a look at the recent show flat who are the buyers? All Singaporean rushing to buy. They are the 1s edging out to locals. Basically the more risk taking more resourceful singaporean are pushing the more lay back and more adverse population. Thus they feel threaten , jealous and uncomfortable when they see their peers are moving forward.

All are hoping that the government help them. Government can help but nothing is free. everything comes at a cost. But to turn a blind eye at that n hoping everyday gold drop from sky?

Go compare to the cosmopolitan city in the area. they are dense. and the fact they attract business n interest means there are value thats why people local or foreign flock to cities. So why keep complaining and Whining? All hopeing Singapore become a slump restart so they get a chance again. Frankly dont work for it restart as many times those Whinners will still be in same spot they are today.

Wow finally found someone with similar views as me

Thank goodness, I'm not alone. I was about to think I was the weirdo around...

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Well said!

Some complain in other ways, e.g. creating negative threads trying to scare off property buyers, naively think it will affect market. Hahaha!

Simply naive to think that threads and posts have any impact and will influence buying and selling decisions. If anything, they only satisfy the cravings of people (like you and me) who have a bit of time on their hands and want to exercise their fingers, and maybe, just maybe, their brains. To think that people have ulterior motives . . . is too far fetched and too imaginative.

Lol... agreed. Complaints and complaints. Complaining that Singaporeans are complaining... Lol.. yes yes... so is complaining a young person's activity or basically across all demographics?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Lol... agreed. Complaints and complaints. Complaining that Singaporeans are complaining... Lol.. yes yes... so is complaining a young person's activity or basically across all demographics?
    complaining becomes very popular with the internet age as people can hide behind the screen and says anything you want with little legal implications...

complaining helps to relieve one's pent up frustration but prolonged complaining is highly unproductive and detrimental to your health.

Like Like Like

An average person is said to complain nearly 15-30 times a day! Hence, as much as we might want to believe that complaining is something that only others are guilty of, the truth is that we are all complainers. It is possible that some of us are just not aware of it. . . . like complaining about other people complaining.

AGREE AGREE AGREE !!!

tats why opposition like to tab on this and stir shit

Well written article! Totally agree.

God Help Those who HELP themselves. Stop whining. Start working.

If there is nothing to complain about then what is there to improve?

In fact this thread is also a whiny thread.

It is whining about Singaporeans whining......

Live and let live lah, allow people to vent a bit and try not to be too judgemental and self righteous. This way you can have a lower blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    If there is nothing to complain about then what is there to improve?

In fact this thread is also a whiny thread.

It is whining about Singaporeans whining......

Live and let live lah, allow people to vent a bit and try not to be too judgemental and self righteous. This way you can have a lower blood pressure

There is a different between rational n productive feed back. These days it's all senseless excuse n blaming everything at goverment n foreginer etc. I find it's getting ridiculous n out right laughable . We are given so much education yet we can't tell the different between fact fiction n emotion.

There is a different between rational n productive feed back. These days it's all senseless excuse n blaming everything at goverment n foreginer etc. I find it's getting ridiculous n out right laughable . We are given so much education yet we can't tell the different between fact fiction n emotion.
    With the advent of the internet, everybody has become a politician and an activist. A silent majority has been drowned out by a noisy and vicious minority.

However, if we want to mature as a society, there must be some allowance for such behaviour. Whatever the complaints may be, fact or fiction, if there are enough people complaining about it, then it is a problem.

Yes... that's right... a perceived problem is still a problem. Sometimes a more dangerous problem than a real problem.

A sanctimonious attitude towards these people will work against trying to turn them around
    Last edited by howgozit; 24-01-13 at 20:58.

With the advent of the internet, evrybody has become a politician. A silent majority has been drowned out by a noisy and vicious minority.

However, if we want to mature as a society, there must be some allowance for such behaviour. Whatever the complaints may be, fact or fiction, if there are enough people complaining about it, then it is a problem.

Yes... that's right... a perceived problem is still a problem. Sometimes a more dangerous problem than a real problem.

A sanctimonious attitude towards these people will work against trying to turn them around
    Wow bro, u speak my mind!

With the advent of the internet, everybody has become a politician and an activist. A silent majority has been drowned out by a noisy and vicious minority.

I think if u are complaining for things that u cannot do anything about, then its justified. But the majority that people here whinning about is within your ability to solve. U have 2 legs, 2 hands, able body. Everybody also start from nothing. Its the determination that is lacking. That what the TS is referring.

so singaporeans are a whining lot .....

whose fault ?

the govt lah

stupid education system .....

ehhehe back to blaming govt again

you know why our population so small ?

whose fault ?

govt lor ...

what Stop at 2 campaign !!!! ..

see lah

now not enough singaporeans ....

I think can get Jack to do a other movie. "Complain not enough!" Should have no problem casting . I think don't even need script