Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The JB Retirement Plan

Default The JB Retirement Plan

Join me. The next wave in 2013 and 2014 to Iskandar will be driven by middle income groups in Singapore. Singapore will get more expensive, crowded and stressful when 7 mil is here

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tvsho...hp?id=BrinrXT7

Somehow hor.. I have a feeling that the locals in JB are especially against Singaporeans in general and have a pre-disposed prejudice against Singaporeans.. This prejudice arised from basic feelings of jealousy and envy.
    Where does this lead to? -> higher crime rate in johor against Singaporeans..

Personally, I feel it may be better to reside in other parts of Malaysia due to my earlier analysis of the local JB culture. I don't see how the feelings of disparity and ill-will can suddenly disappear in a matter of years..

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    Somehow hor.. I have a feeling that the locals in JB are especially against Singaporeans in general and have a pre-disposed prejudice against Singaporeans.. This prejudice arised from basic feelings of jealousy and envy.
    Where does this lead to? -> higher crime rate in johor against Singaporeans..

Personally, I feel it may be better to reside in other parts of Malaysia due to my earlier analysis of the local JB culture. I don't see how the feelings of disparity and ill-will can suddenly disappear in a matter of years..
    Some tamans are mostly converted into local Chinese and Singapore towns particularly the Nusajaya side. It is hard to target against Singaporeans only, because even the local Chinese thought I'm Malaysian Chinese

I understand that the thugs purposely targe Chinese (hack care if you are Malaysian Chinese). In this case, your nationality doesn't matter to them.
    Their police never seem to be able to carptch the culprits (if you know what I mean ).

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Some tamans are mostly converted into local Chinese and Singapore towns particularly the Nusajaya side. It is hard to target against Singaporeans only, because even the local Chinese thought I'm Malaysian Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    I understand that the thugs purposely targe Chinese (hack care if you are Malaysian Chinese). In this case, your nationality doesn't matter to them.
    Their police never seem to be able to carptch the culprits (if you know what I mean ).
    If your theory is correct, all the Chinese in jb already moved out.

The Malaysians must be thinking many people are drowning in bedok reservoir every week.

News is sensationalize so it can sell.

bro Hyergenix, be careful of their crime rate there. If petty thugs or spontaneous crime, sometimes not too serious. But you really need to watch out for organised crime... heard rumours that crime syndicates who are not local JB people purposely come to JB and target singaporeans there.. these guys are the heavyweight and the ones you really need to watch out for. But then again difficult to escape lah once they target you.. so do practice extra caution and dont be too overtly conspicous in terms of displaying your 'wealth'.

other than this, sometimes when we are still young we tend to make brave decisions.. stay in JB, not scared, if have crime, can fight the thugs out.

But you just need one close shave, maybe not for you but for your precious family members, to have a brush with the dark side and the decision may be regretted for the rest of your life.

Sorry bro not trying to jinx the idea but just be extra careful lah.. i really dont like JB haha. other parts of malaysia still ok. Paiseh hor.. take with a pinch of salt ok.

p/s: oh on hindsight.. i see you did indicate in your thread that the JB plan is for your retirement.. if old liow, kids all grown up then ok lah hor.. haha quite a good idea bro.

The criminals are rubbing their hands in glee....for every crime involving Singaporeans, there are 2 that are not reported...
    I am rich in debts...

bro Hyergenix, be careful of their crime rate there. If petty thugs or spontaneous crime, sometimes not too serious. But you really need to watch out for organised crime... heard rumours that crime syndicates who are not local JB people purposely come to JB and target singaporeans there.. these guys are the heavyweight and the ones you really need to watch out for. But then again difficult to escape lah once they target you.. so do practice extra caution and dont be too overtly conspicous in terms of displaying your 'wealth'.

other than this, sometimes when we are still young we tend to make brave decisions.. stay in JB, not scared, if have crime, can fight the thugs out.

But you just need one close shave, maybe not for you but for your precious family members, to have a brush with the dark side and the decision may be regretted for the rest of your life.

Sorry bro not trying to jinx the idea but just be extra careful lah.. i really dont like JB haha. other parts of malaysia still ok. Paiseh hor.. take with a pinch of salt ok.

p/s: oh on hindsight.. i see you did indicate in your thread that the JB plan is for your retirement.. if old liow, kids all grown up then ok lah hor.. haha quite a good idea bro.
    Yup..thx for advice. It is for retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Yup..thx for advice. It is for retirement.
    bro can i ask what age group you are in?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    bro can i ask what age group you are in?
    Secret

My Malaysia friends ever told me this.

He has seen one row of shops owned by Chinese kena rob in turns. Police came but no action taken. I ask him about the opinion of Malaysia police, he says only wayan wayan. When everything over, they appears and show face only. I probe further. Why is it so? He said the police are paid peanuts so they show you peanuts effort. So long as it's not life or death, these cases mostly forgotten or ignore.

Bro hyenergix, not scaring you hor. If it's for retirement, I'm assuming you'll go there when above 50. You'll not be as strong and healthy as before, can become easy target.

And those Malaysian who can afford will tell you they plan to migrate to Australia, Singapore or some other countries.

Anyway, above just for your reference only.

eh, in Malaysia we are considered.............

1st class citizens: Malaysian bumis
    2nd class citizens: Malaysian chinese
    3rd class citizens: Malaysian other races
    4th class citizens: the rest

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157

That makes it even worse bro.. The Malaysians themselves will not feel for you coz you are a rich wealthy 4th class citizen 'who deserve' to be robbed / raped / kena crime..

You will be surprised to see how twisted some people's mentality is.. Anything is possible in this world.

That makes it even worse bro.. The Malaysians themselves will not feel for you coz you are a rich wealthy 4th class citizen 'who deserve' to be robbed / raped / kena crime..

You will be surprised to see how twisted some people's mentality is.. Anything is possible in this world.
    once you are there and driving a J-plate car, you have merged in with the crowd. as long as you dun talk so much when you are there, nobody will know where you come from. i dun think it is that bleak, altho' the usual common sense applies (which sgporeans in sgp tend to leave at home becoz it doesn't need to apply here).

First, you go to their market, see whether u like the food there!
    fresh seafood especially...
    In Chinese, Food ranks first

I ever ask my Chinese M'sian fren (now is a S'pore PR working & staying in S'pore) his option of a S'porean's idea of retirement in JB..

He answered me "YOU GOT SIAO BOH!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    once you are there and driving a J-plate car, you have merged in with the crowd. as long as you dun talk so much when you are there, nobody will know where you come from. i dun think it is that bleak, altho' the usual common sense applies (which sgporeans in sgp tend to leave at home becoz it doesn't need to apply here).
    can u own a j-plate car??!!

I know of many Singaporeans who rent out their HDB flats and stay in Johor. With the strong Singapore dollars, their standard of living have improved a lot. For example, they can afford a new car and live in landed property.

In the future, I foresee many Singaporeans are going to do that to enjoy the best of both worlds, especially when the MRT line is extended to JB.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkhaw
    I know of many Singaporeans who rent out their HDB flats and stay in Johor. With the strong Singapore dollars, their standard of living have improved a lot. For example, they can afford a new car and live in landed property.

In the future, I foresee many Singaporeans are going to do that to enjoy the best of both worlds, especially when the MRT line is extended to JB.
    MRT? water supply and railway issue took more than 20 years to resolve. crooked bridge left in the doldrums.

MRT? dang gu gu

Why would retirees want to stay in a big landed house? You need a car in JB too. When old and body ailing, best is to stay in hdb with amenities and mrt and buses easily available.

In the first place, how to retire in JB for middle income Singaporeans? Is it so easy to get a PR or something?

Your friend still working in Singapore right?

No doubt it is an easy way for Singaporeans to realise their dreams of staying in a big landed house.

A part of the landmark railway land deal between Malaysia and Singapore governments 2 years ago is to cooperate to build a Rapid Transit System (RTS) between JB and SG. My guess is that the proposed Thomson Line will likely be extended to JB after 2020.

MRT? water supply and railway issue took more than 20 years to resolve. crooked bridge left in the doldrums.

MRT? dang gu gu

MRT? dang gu gu
    the thomson line to JB .. , i think
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

A part of the landmark railway land deal between Malaysia and Singapore governments 2 years ago is to cooperate to build a Rapid Transit System (RTS) between JB and SG. My guess is that the proposed Thomson Line will likely be extended to JB after 2020.
    trust me on this, take it with a pinch of salt. wait for M'sian elections, then take into account political wrangling, nationalistic fervor........

not to mention national security and infrastructure overload in SG. can u imagine mas selemat taking train across the causeway? train infrastructure already can't cope with population in SG and still want to invite JB hinterland to come crash the system?

trust me on this, take it with a pinch of salt. wait for M'sian elections, then take into account political wrangling, nationalistic fervor........

not to mention national security and infrastructure overload in SG. can u imagine mas selemat taking train across the causeway? train infrastructure already can't cope with population in SG and still want to invite JB hinterland to come crash the system?
    The JB hinterland are coming in as part of a grand MIW plan to solve the problem of not enough cheap labour lah.....

Mark my words, the MRT is certainly coming. In fact, the contract for 1st stage studies has already been awarded liao

Quote Originally Posted by yaozong7
    The JB hinterland are coming in as part of a grand MIW plan to solve the problem of not enough cheap labour lah.....

Mark my words, the MRT is certainly coming. In fact, the contract for 1st stage studies has already been awarded liao
    the award is for thomson line do you hear Malaysia trumpeting about it?

with the current political climate and policies to tighten up dependence on foreign cheap labor, you're still thinking that the govt will so blatantly invite cheap johor laborers to come over?!?! PAP wants to commit political suicide ah?! these issues can't be resolved in 5-7 years.

well, the water issue took more than 20 years. sure MRT is coming, just a matter of when.

http://www.aecom.com/vgn-ext-templat...extfmt=default

$42m contract awarded in May '12 bro....... Its not all abt the Thomson line.... LOL

Well, it is certainly true that many Singaporeans are going to have a second home in JB irregardless there is an MRT or not. Many are renting out their HDB flats at high price and stay in JB at low price and still have spare cash to play golf and drive a new car.

In fact, many Singaporean investors are flocking to JB as well such as Peter Lim who gave up on Singapore and decided to build a new Motorcity in JB. In the near future, I foresee Johor will be full of Singaporeans and Singapore will be full of foreigners. This is happening now...

JB - Shenzhen in the making.