Thread: How is the property MKT...rental/resale/buc?

Default How is the property MKT...rental/resale/buc?

Bros/sis of condo.singapore let us the citizens of condo.singapore share
    our OWN experiences about the property market TODAY(26 Jan 2013)..

I am Sick n Tired of reading anallist report and articles in papers about the singapore property market who should know the market BETTER than us RIGHT

How is rental demand...resale mkt...new properties...what are your experiences...

My 2cents view is that RENTAL is SUPER SUPER hot for low end condos and HDB's
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

I am Sick n Tired of reading anallist report and articles in papers about the singapore property market who should know the market BETTER than us RIGHT

How is rental demand...resale mkt...new properties...what are your experiences...

Same view.

How do bros/sis think that LIFT UPGRADING in progress will affect the HDB rental in that block? My tenancy due for renewal this year and we are in the midst of major digging/construction. The lift will open next to the unit so it will be v messy there.

Do I have to give significant discount to the tenant?

Current rental is already below market rate because I thought the LUP will have started earlier

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    How do bros/sis think that LIFT UPGRADING in progress will affect the HDB rental in that block? My tenancy due for renewal this year and we are in the midst of major digging/construction. The lift will open next to the unit so it will be v messy there.

Do I have to give significant discount to the tenant?

Current rental is already below market rate because I thought the LUP will have started earlier
    roughly check around ur area what is similar size unit rental asking like..then u will have a guide...but as a sweetener to tenant u might like want to offer cheaper rental for 1st year then after lift open increase rental..all black and white in the TA..good luck..
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

1 unit rented to a brit , been staying for 5 years already.

second unit rented to a auz family. just started for 1year plus.

both charge extra $$$ as twice weekly cleaning services provided by cleaning company

same view...

but bro, dont say low end la, OCR more appropriate....

i know u are vested in both, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    same view...

but bro, dont say low end la, OCR more appropriate....

i know u are vested in both, well done!
    no bro its NOT about me i start this thread cos seems like a lot of tcss analyst say this say that some some market will drop some say market will go up...i just want to hear the view of our good bro/sis from condo.singapore...

i just kidding la...

no bro its NOT about me i start this thread cos seems like a lot of tcss analyst say this say that some some market will drop some say market will go up...i just want to hear the view of our good bro/sis from condo.singapore...

If come 2016 opposition wins majority seats i will sell all my properties and left only one for own stay. Because no more 6million coming, no more 7million coming, so what happen to rental market? Drop big lah. If WP do the same as PAP importing 7million i think they will get vote out next.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    If come 2016 opposition wins majority seats i will sell all my properties and left only one for own stay. Because no more 6million coming, no more 7million coming, so what happen to rental market? Drop big lah. If WP do the same as PAP importing 7million i think they will get vote out next.

let me get this right

in your opinion:
    if you want to make money out of property mkt ... you vote for PAP
    becos they plan to raise the pop to 7 mio ....

if WP becomes the ruling party .... they wont raise the population ..
    so u sell props

if WP becomes the ruling party ...even if they plan to raise the pop to 7mio
    you think they wud be voted out by their own supporters?

in short ... you wud keep props is PAP remains the ruling party
    and sell props if it is otherwise ...

your decision on who should run this country is based on monetary gain

PAP would be very happy to know that

i just kidding la...
    bro no problem i am a joker....

If prop price drops overnight pp will riot.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    let me get this right

in your opinion:
    if you want to make money out of property mkt ... you vote for PAP
    becos they plan to raise the pop to 7 mio ....

if WP becomes the ruling party .... they wont raise the population ..
    so u sell props

if WP becomes the ruling party ...even if they plan to raise the pop to 7mio
    you think they wud be voted out by their own supporters?

in short ... you wud keep props is PAP remains the ruling party
    and sell props if it is otherwise ...

your decision on who should run this country is based on monetary gain

PAP would be very happy to know that
    Use your brain. If WP importing 7million confirm get vote out. Because it will cause jam, mrt overcrowding, higher property price, no parking lot, no enough flats, school, competition from foreign talents as ppl feel rice bowl get threaten.
    Don't know u stupid or can't think. I can see Singapore now is doing very well, world top. If not foreigners won't even come to sg if it is no good.

Use your brain. If WP importing 7million confirm get vote out. Because it will cause jam, mrt overcrowding, higher property price, no parking lot, no enough flats, school, competition from foreign talents as ppl feel rice bowl get threaten.
    Don't know u stupid or can't think. I can see Singapore now is doing very well, world top. If not foreigners won't even come to sg if it is no good.
    back to famous quote, requoted here "all politicians are the same, the diff is in the abilities". when WP become ruling party, they will be ostracised as "long touch with the ground", etc etc.

in history, 改朝换代 is normal. the only constant is change.

back to famous quote, requoted here "all politicians are the same, the diff is in the abilities". when WP become ruling party, they will be ostracised as "lost touch with the ground", etc etc.

in history, 改朝换代 is normal. the only constant is change.

use your brain too

what makes you think WP will import 7 mio and not work on the rest of the infrastructure ???

why you so myopic ?

yes i am stupid to assume that you are intelligent

The magically question is, how many people out of the 7M population can afford the current high property prices?

Today in Singapore, 1m SGD cannot even get a 1000sqft 3bed room condo in Sengkang.

Do u think so many FTs able to afford such high prices? Only a handful of people able to but not for majority.

last time when ppl eat a bowl of S$1 noodle, who will think that they can still pay and eat when it become S$3?? or even S$4?
    Situation change and it tune itself and we also adapt! that is the key...

look elsewhere. pay lower, yet, the bowl of noodle cost more and they are still surviving... i think u should know where im referring to.

your parent buy 4rm HDB at 45K, now u still buy at 450K, didn't you?? So, expect your children to buy at 900k lor....
    this is not a joke, its a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonlaw
    The magically question is, how many people out of the 7M population can afford the current high property prices?

Today in Singapore, 1m SGD cannot even get a 1000sqft 3bed room condo in Sengkang.

Do u think so many FTs able to afford such high prices? Only a handful of people able to but not for majority.

last time when ppl eat a bowl of S$1 noodle, who will think that they can still pay and eat when it become S$3?? or even S$4?

look elsewhere. pay lower, yet, the bowl of noodle cost more and they are still surviving... i think u should know where im referring to.

your parent buy 4rm HDB at 45K, now u still buy at 450K, didn't you?? So, expect your children to buy at 900k lor....

you are right to some extend

my dad used to make just $600 a mth ... the flat he bought was $25k
    car was cheap then..

when i was making $6000 a mth .... the flat i was trying to buy was $460k

BUT then there is the COE ... which didnt exist during my dad's time

so overall ...things really become much much tougher now then before

your parent buy HDB at 45K, now u still buy at 450K, didn't you?? So, expect your children to buy at 900k lor....

All of us know this is inflation.....

Your bowl of noddles doesn't increase by 10-20% per year, but its at a average of 5% over 30yrs.

Do you expect 10%-20% inflation a year on property ?

Today context is very different, ppty prices have crazily increase to such a level in just over 6 years...from 2006...ppty prices started to pick up since the property crashed in 2000...I think many people had forgotten how they got their hands burnt in property during last cycle.

there is something call economic cycle. We are now in the peak of the cycle.

Anything that goes up, 100% will come down. It's a matter of time.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why are you talking about buying condo? Condo is only for the top 20% earners. Please get the fact right. It is not the job of the govt to make condos cheap for every tom, dick, and harry to buy, just like making COEs cheap for every tom, dick and harry to own otherwise you can't drive and move on the roads, the taxis and buses can't even move on the roads! All jammed up!

Why are you concerned whether FTs can afford such high prices? If cannot then we should import those FTs who can afford to buy at sky high prices from citizens! Govt should legislate that only citizens can buy new launch, and flip as resale to foreigners so that citizens can benefit (just like HDB flats). Govt should sell new HDB flats to first-timers cheap. Only when govt do so are they taking care of the citizens, and not to introduce SSD, ABSD, whatever taxes that discourage foreigners & PRs from buying and when they still do, the extra money they paid all goes into the govt's own pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why are you talking about buying condo? Condo is only for the top 20% earners. Please get the fact right. It is not the job of the govt to make condos cheap for every tom, dick, and harry to buy, just like making COEs cheap for every tom, dick and harry to own otherwise you can't drive and move on the roads, the taxis and buses can't even move on the roads! All jammed up!

Why are you concerned whether FTs can afford such high prices? If cannot then we should import those FTs who can afford to buy at sky high prices from citizens! Govt should legislate that only citizens can buy new launch, and flip as resale to foreigners so that citizens can benefit (just like HDB flats). Govt should sell new HDB flats to first-timers cheap. Only when govt do so are they taking care of the citizens, and not to introduce SSD, ABSD, whatever taxes that discourage foreigners & PRs from buying and when they still do, the extra money they paid all goes into the govt's own pocket!

Teddy bear? Are u OK?

why talk about condo? Coz I am in condo Singapore forum. If you don't talk about condo? Why are u here in the 1st place?

You sounds like anti foreigner singkies...haha...jealous that their country prices are cheaper than ours? What can u do? Continue to kpkb? U think it works?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

With the above comments, you should join hdb forums...not condo forums.

Not suitable for u.

I don't dispute that the property price are running ahead than the usual inflation. So, do your own diligent, buy at your will, don't overrun by greed. But look around u, is this the similar situation in 2000?? Look at the S&P PE, if u can understand the chart, u will know what I mean...are we really at the peak? U sure we at the peak?
    http://www.multpl.com/

All of us know this is inflation.....

Your bowl of noddles doesn't increase by 10-20% per year, but its at a average of 5% over 30yrs.

Do you expect 10%-20% inflation a year on property ?

Today context is very different, ppty prices have crazily increase to such a level in just over 6 years...from 2006...ppty prices started to pick up since the property crashed in 2000...I think many people had forgotten how they got their hands burnt in property during last cycle.

there is something call economic cycle. We are now in the peak of the cycle.

Anything that goes up, 100% will come down. It's a matter of time.
    Last edited by lajia; 27-01-13 at 10:19.

A landed near my neighbourhood sold at record $psf.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    A landed near my neighbourhood sold at record $psf.
    spore got NO gold-mine ONLY landed property