Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Freak election result, Shaken confidence

Default Freak election result, Shaken confidence

The punggol election has proven mr lky right. if i am shaken by this, i am sure foreign investor will to. Could this punggol election be the beginning of singapore swan song?

I feel v lucky to have vested in overseas property. If the next ge the young proves to vote by sentiments, it will be goodbye singapore.

How could one expect to have everything, without doing anything? Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    The punggol election has proven mr lky right. if i am shaken by this, i am sure foreign investor will to. Could this punggol election be the beginning of singapore swan song?

I feel v lucky to have vested in overseas property. If the next ge the young proves to vote by sentiments, it will be goodbye singapore.

How could one expect to have everything, without doing anything? Crap.
    which country?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Why the result is freak?? Young voters are more informed online, look at what dr Koh said:

Everyone has a car, my wife and I each own one

Sounds like one mil is one peanut

No wonder wp wins by a peanut
    Ride at your own risk !!!

KL.. If I'm not wrong st Mary.. Good choice

St Mary is swee...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Why the result is freak?? Young voters are more informed online, look at what dr Koh said:

say until so easy...
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Today, I don't agree with bro ghost.

What's wrong with owning a car or 2 cars if you can afford it.
    Life is more meaningful if you can enjoy what you reap.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

The problem is he said everyone has a car, many voters there are young middle class who can't afford even Coe

He might mean in his top echelon, everyone has a car

Put your shoes into a family earning 7kpm trying to raise a baby needing a car now

Point is the voters' profile in Punggol east SMC. Many green eyes around.

Owning 1 car is not easy. If your monthly salary is only 3k, 1/3 of your salary goes to the loan monthly repayment. Then if you give your parents 500, and then repay Uni loan 200, car insurance, income tax, fuel expenses, entertainment, etc. 3k a month is not enough.

That's provided this person is single and has no gf/bf. And living with parents.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 27-01-13 at 10:05.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Look forward to the release of the white paper on population and budget.

The problem is he said everyone has a car, many voters there are young middle class who can't afford even Coe

Put your shoes into a family earning 7kpm trying to raise a baby needing a car now
    Oops... I missed that one.
    I searched and watched the youtube clip already after you mentioned it.

Ya, why he said that?
    I think it was a slip of the tongue and perhaps he meant most people that he knows own a car.
    It's difficult being a politician........

Now u know why the sudden announcement of cross island line linking punngol east to amk and airport? Alas 18y young family already lkk

I am surprised and pleased with the by-election result.

Confidence shaken? sure, if u belong to the white camp.

Sudden annoucement of more sheltered walkway too.
    Now u know why the sudden announcement of cross island line linking punngol east to amk and airport? Alas 18y young family already lkk

Oops... I missed that one.
    I searched and watched the youtube clip already after you mentioned it.

Ya, why he said that?
    I think it was a slip of the tongue and perhaps he meant most people that he knows own a car.
    It's difficult being a politician........
    To me it just show he is not smart.... As politician, you must know what to say in what type of situation.. And think of what will happen after you say that.. To me, have a car is nothing.. but to say that in a election campaign is brainless... I don't want a brainless MP.. Next time he go and say rubbish in an international level how?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Look forward to the release of the white paper on population and budget.
    care to share your opinion on the report will be like?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    I am surprised and pleased with the by-election result.

Confidence shaken? sure, if u belong to the white camp.
    I feel it is another wake up called for the white camp.. expect surprised in the white paper for population... For DBS to mention 7 million population target before this election is to test water.. See if the people reacted well to this... But it seems that the vote have already given the white a warning.. If we really go to 7 million target, expect more GRC and SMC goes to the WP.. Let wait and see the white paper and budget in Feb..

But the result really surprised me.... PAP lose by around 10%.. That is really a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    care to share your opinion on the report will be like?

I feel the population target maybe lower.. What you all think? I don't know why we need so much people for what... It is really getting too crowd in Singapore now.. On weekends, you can see people sitting along the roadside drinking and eating.. MRT is super crowded... Shopping mall is super crowded... Now Singapore is a developed nation so we are all talking about quality of life.. If you have work in other country, you will know our quality of life sucks. High standard of living but poor quality of life...

The hdb bto priority scheme is so obvious for new SCs who parachuted in
    The hdb single scheme is also obviously political for 2016 election when singles get their keys lol

Next is subsidy for COE? Waiving maid levy? Higher childcare subsidy?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Sudden annoucement of more sheltered walkway too.
    ...... La Fiesta is also going to have one.

It is the rate of increase in the last couple of years and not just the target of 7 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    I feel the population target maybe lower.. What you all think? I don't know why we need so much people for what... It is really getting too crowd in Singapore now.. On weekends, you can see people sitting along the roadside drinking and eating.. MRT is super crowded... Shopping mall is super crowded... Now Singapore is a developed nation so we are all talking about quality of life.. If you have work in other country, you will know our quality of life sucks. High standard of living but poor quality of life...

I thought what he meant was everyone in his family has a car ( husband and wife) and some how his words were twisted

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    I thought what he meant was everyone in his family has a car ( husband and wife) and some how his words were twisted
    The video clip only show part of it.
    Don't know what were they discussing before that.

Yup, I agree with you that he might be saying that everyone in his family has a car.

It is difficult being a politician ........

Oh dear, I need more FT to rent my flat....

it is his mindset and mentality that has gone wrong. he is a successful professional, nobody disputes that. but can he emphathise with the common ground?

politically sensitive topic, must tread carefully, even tho he was quoted out of context, it was the wrong topic nevertheless. big mistake by newbie. this is just like vivian balakrishnan talking about the $3/$5 meal in hawker or food court or whatever.

circumstances surrounding tis election also not in PAP's favour. the so called clean and elite screwed up. wat's the point of sending another elite? pple have had enuff of the elite. most pple will give the alternative a chance. PAP's rhetoric of voting for upgrading also not applicable here, see the rivervale plaza issue. furthermore, PAP also under-estimated and sent a newbie. assuming regulations allow, say they sent teo ser luck, i believe PAP would have won.

whether this is the beginning of the slippery slope downwards, still early to say.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    indeed, he was quoted out of context. like i say, politician is like actor/actress. every single thing u say to media will be quoted out of context. you need to have political sensitivity. our good doc is better off practising. let's not waste his talent.

bro i bought my toyota vios left 2 years to scrap for $15k...2 years time i scrap get back $10k..where got expensive...BUT if people want hi-class car or NEW car what to do...pay $$$$...dont blame govt/coe....its all about your expectation...i also have one suzuki last year bought at $17k....next year scrap also get back about $10k...ok what 2-cars...recently i just sold my honda jazz left 3 years for 23k...when i bought my vios...can LA bro..but people want merc/bmw sorry cannot help you...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    it is his mindset and mentality that has gone wrong. he is a successful professional, nobody disputes that. but can he emphathise with the common ground?

politically sensitive topic, must tread carefully, even tho he was quoted out of context, it was the wrong topic nevertheless. big mistake by newbie. this is just like vivian balakrishnan talking about the $3/$5 meal in hawker or food court or whatever.

circumstances surrounding tis election also not in PAP's favour. the so called clean and elite screwed up. wat's the point of sending another elite? pple have had enuff of the elite. most pple will give the alternative a chance. PAP's rhetoric of voting for upgrading also not applicable here, see the rivervale plaza issue. furthermore, PAP also under-estimated and sent a newbie. assuming regulations allow, say they sent teo ser luck, i believe PAP would have won.

whether this is the beginning of the slippery slope downwards, still early to say.
    Back to the Cow's $8 bypass surgery incident. I can confirm plus chop that such an operation doesn't cost $8. The poorest has to pay $15,000 after subsidies.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    bro i bought my toyota vios left 2 years to scrap for $15k...2 years time i scrap get back $10k..where got expensive...BUT if people want hi-class car or NEW car what to do...pay $$$$...dont blame govt/coe....its all about your expectation...i also have one suzuki last year bought at $17k....next year scrap also get back about $10k...ok what 2-cars...recently i just sold my honda jazz left 3 years for 23k...when i bought my vios...can LA bro..but people want merc/bmw sorry cannot help you...
    Vios parf value so high? You have a keen eye on old cars. I bought one old car last time and alot of parts needs to be replaced which cost 3-4k just to drive for another 2.5years.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Your cars depreciation rates are crazy. Why waste money?