Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Didn't PAP know that cooling measures offend people ??

Default Didn't PAP know that cooling measures offend people ??

so quickly come out with CM 7 for the eelection and what do they get now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    Ya, it affected the sentiments definitely.
    This cm7 is simply too harsh for everyone to stomach..
    I am sure the cm7 has affected the election results against p.a.p one way or another..
    Last edited by fiat500; 27-01-13 at 14:34.

pple like me more buay song the 7% stamp duty.

if they are serious about cooling, just make pple pay more cash and take less loan. i'd rather pay 10% more cash than pay 7% stamp duty. wouldn't u?

hahaha.. I think you still don't know what is happening in Singapore... CM7 come too late... That is the problem.. Even a communist state like China understand that rising housing price will become a national issues. How can Singapore government turn a blind eye to it and let it run away... Singapore should not even allow foreigner to buy our property for investment

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

if they are serious about cooling, just make pple pay more cash and take less loan. i'd rather pay 10% more cash than pay 7% stamp duty. wouldn't u?
    Yes, the stamp duty is the killing part..
    Local buyers are not happy giving away $$$ just like that ..

They huat themselves to cool the market rather than raise the $$ barrier between buyer/sellers/developers/banks. End up every new CM, they get $$ upfront in the pocket and leave the market to fend for itself. They want a piece of the $$ in the market. buyer/seller/developer etc all have to set aside some $$$ for them. Maybe it is good for all, but results have yet to be proven.

Punishing everyone just for a few bad apples. Like in the NS and depicted in Ah Boys to Men.

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstpc
    They huat themselves to cool the market rather than raise the $$ barrier between buyer/sellers/developers/banks. End up every new CM, they get $$ upfront in the pocket and leave the market to fend for itself. They want a piece of the $$ in the market. buyer/seller/developer etc all have to set aside some $$$ for them. Maybe it is good for all, but results have yet to be proven.
    Totally agree... I still want to recommend to use China cooling measure if they are really sincere in settling the issues. China government really impressed me with their determination in cooling down the property sector. Housing is the most fundamental things that the government must ensure that the people are able to afford.. To allow PR to buy HDB is the worst decision they can make. PR should not be allow to buy HDB.. If they want to buy, they have change to SC. I am not against PR but HDB should be for Singaporean only.. Let it be old or new... but for people who are sincerely in making Singapore their home.

Punishing everyone just for a few bad apples. Like in the NS and depicted in Ah Boys to Men.
    Already make so much $$$ from coe,now they also want a bigger slice of cake from the property sector by adding more taxes.

Too many ppl buay song incl. those staying in Punggol after the CM7..
    Cannot buy anymore.. so now have to hold tight tight to all my properties.. Cos once sold, replacement cost is too high if wanted to buy again

My humble opinion, we have to learn how to appreciate...look at our neighbours and then as far as our Asia continent. Who in this continent without any resources and yet as successful as us??
    There are definitely room for improvements. But, also u need to open your eyes and appreciate.

How to compare to china...

paying them 7% is still in cash and upfront. may as well decrease the ltv further.

I for one, is not and will not be paying ABSD even if it is lesser than the foreigners. Why should SC be paying stamp duties in our homeland?

Any other countries that allow PRs to buy subsidized housing btw?
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

So desperate? Citing BE as a reason to remove CM7...
    Didn't know Punggol East has so many multiple property owners.

For every home replacement, Seller A sells SSD, + Seller A turned buyer ABSD, and the seller C to buyer A's SSD, and Buyer B (ABSD) on Seller A's house.

For 1 transaction, a chain of associated transactions needed to take place !!!

The BIG picture:
    Seller A pays SSD (assuming cleared MOP, no more ASSD)
    Buyer A pays ABSD (next property)
    Buyer B pays ABSD (on A's property)
    Seller C pays SSD (sell to A, assuming cleared MOP, no more ASSD)

ToTAL: 2xSSDs and 2xABSDs collected!!!!!!!!!!

Where to find such deals $$ falling from the sky into my pocket?
    Can you see the $$$$ staring at miw, cash registers are ringing (4 rings per house replacement)? SCs are the largest group to be milked for this. New Revenue stream or CM. Inflation CONTINUES.

Can you see the $$$$ staring at miw, cash registers are ringing (4 rings per house replacement)? SCs are the largest group to be milked for this. New Revenue stream or CM. Inflation CONTINUES.
    They are after all the Pay and Pay Party.

Must live up to their real name.

Donate more $$$ to MIW.

This is one way they can keep the Income Tax rates down.

Food for thought, GST will be revised to 12%.

Even hk chief does not dare to charge absd on citizens to keep vote. Khaw happily tax SC to buy property. So confident of winning election. Just to get back.fired.

some complained about housing they panicked and especially when by election coming

They launched cm7 still lose election and make condo owner angry

This is like Liu Bei.. Lost his wifes and army... 赔了夫人又泽兵。 LOL

Greed is the word. What more can b said

For every home replacement, Seller A sells SSD, + Seller A turned b

uyer ABSD, and the seller C to buyer A's SSD, and Buyer B (ABSD) on Seller A's house.

For 1 transaction, a chain of associated transactions needed to take place !!!

The BIG picture:
    Seller A pays SSD (assuming cleared MOP, no more ASSD)
    Buyer A pays ABSD (next property)
    Buyer B pays ABSD (on A's property)
    Seller C pays SSD (sell to A, assuming cleared MOP, no more ASSD)

ToTAL: 2xSSDs and 2xABSDs collected!!!!!!!!!!

Many buyers are attracted to new launches. To make it less appealing, SSD should commence upon TOP.

Alternatively, developers are not allowed to sell off the plan. This will definitely helps to bring down frantic land bidding.

Seriously, an 11% vote swing is a huge one, considering that this was previously being PAP territory, all the big shots standing behind Dr Koh, despite his boo-boo in his statement on car ownership and the Palmer incident factor (which was similar to that in Hougang but did not sway the votes).

It was a bad time to call elections. Singles were and are still promised that they are able to buy new flats soon, but Mr Khaw has delayed the announcement to sometime this year. So nothing is confirmed for them. A large portion of this group would have voted against the incumbent for sitting on this.

The 7% ABSD on second property was too much for many citizens to stomach, dousing their aspirations with a hefty tax, just two weeks before the by-elections, way before they can see a decrease in property prices probably as a result of these taxes to compensate for the feeling of loss. Nothing is confirmed though as there might be more inventive ways of developers to hold the prices and pass this onto consumers.

Even the baby bonus was not carefully thought of. Besides the cut-off dates for additional cash eligibility being in the last 1/3 of the year, the cut-off household income for additional child subsidies at $7500 probably also upset some of the upper middle income earners. What they should have done is to graduate that and add in a subsidy of $20-$50, even for those higher income earners, to generate a feeling of winning together.

The silent middle-middle and upper-middle income group has always been supporters of the PAP. It is not wise to have both CM7 and baby bonus come out so near the by-election. Those who are against PAP still vote for WP, but a proportion of the supporters of PAP also switch ranks to signal their unhappiness in the way things are going.

It is a problem of trying to do more and achieving less.

Even hk chief does not dare to charge absd on citizens to keep vote. Khaw happily tax SC to buy property. So confident of winning election. Just to get back.fired.
    They forever do what they like.. tot SC forever only listen & lan lan just follow..
    Developers used to support but now pissed off with "too many CM" esp. the last CM7..
    Who knows now developers all gang up secretly do something behind.. & WP won loh..

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    some complained about housing they panicked and especially when by election coming

They launched cm7 still lose election and make condo owner angry

This is like Liu Bei.. Lost his wifes and army... 赔了夫人又泽兵。 LOL
    If they hold another election now elsewhere in another estate, they will also most likely lose it..
    Time for them to implement policies to please singapore citizens rather than making us pay more n more unjustifiable tax policies...

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    They forever do what they like.. tot SC forever only listen & lan lan just follow..
    Developers used to support but now pissed off with "too many CM" esp. the last CM7..
    Who knows now developers all gang up secretly do something behind.. & WP won loh..

Now sc still kwai kwai listened to them?

Most probably there are some voters who queued on that fateful Friday night at La Fiesta show flat but was unable to secure a 1 bedroom unit there for investment.

but this will not cause price to drop becoz devp will not cut discount so much.

Now sc still kwai kwai listened to them?
    Used to be.. but not anymore.. from the last BE results you shld know why..

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    but this will not cause price to drop becoz devp will not cut discount so much.
    Many people are stuck... can't buy n can't sell unless u willing to pay all the unjustifiable extra taxes.
    This is what pissed off many singapore citizens..

I think 2nd property for Singaporeans without restrictions is fair enough. No SSD and normal LTV as long as your income can support. Why can't Singaporeans buy houses in Singapore???? Not our land?

People cannot upgrade, cannot invest, cannot do anything. On the other hand, certain foreigners like US/Swiss nationality can buy 2nd or 3rd without ABSD. I think it is not fair to Singaporeans.

Although I pro-PAP, I think CM 5, 6 and 7 are bad for Singaporeans. Doesn't favour us at all. I can imagine those on the edge one will definitely vote for WP.

The funny thing is SDA and RP. Their votes < spoilt votes. First time in history.